Episode 11 Part 2

Producer? Idol? Role model? Lover!

After more performances as well as more VCRs showing the trainees and their families, it was finally the time for the final official rankings to be revealed.

The amount of stress could be seen on the faces of all 20 trainees, as well as the eliminated trainees who were cheering for their friends, and of course, Jinri who was praying for her brother and her crush, as well as Youngmin and her favourite dongsaeng Daehwi.

"I will begin by first announcing 10th place. When the title song 'Nayana' was revealed, this trainee could not go on stage as he was in F rank, but he received lots of compliments as he kept on improving and improving in all missions." BoA stated.

Jinri's face lit up at her ment, because Jinyoung fit into this description perfectly. However, she didn't want to assume and get her hopes up.

There was a silence for what seemed to be a few minutes. She hated this. This happened last season as well and the top 22 girls had to stand in the same spot for a whole hour for the ranks. She felt sorry for the boys today, because she knew the scary, nerve-wrecking feeling. And not to mention, their feet must hurt a lot as well.

"10th place is... congratulations, C9 Bae Jinyoung!" BoA finally announced.

Jinri who was clutching her heart with her right hand and holding Somi's hand with the other lifted her face up at the hearing of 'C9', because Jinyoung was the only trainee from there. She became stoned for a few seconds, because she couldn't believe it.

"Jinyoung? Jinyoung? Did she say Bae Jinyoung? Bae Jinyoung is debuting?" she said in a shaky voice, and the hugs by all I.O.I members congratulating her confirmed her question.

Tears began to form and drop from her eyes as Jinyoung walked up onto the main stage where BoA was.

After saying some things to the national producers, Jinyoung at the end said, "And Jinri, my sister. You were always with me ever since we were both born, and have never left my side until this day. Thanks so much for always supporting me and always giving me advices, I think I was able to come this far without falling thanks to you. I'm debuting now, so I hope our family only walks on flower road!"

Jinri could only cry harder at her brother's message to her, and all I.O.I members gathered around her and gave her hugs and kisses on the cheek, trying to make her smile.

"Jinyoung, I'm not sure if you know or not, but Jinri is here at the live broadcast today. She made me promise not to tell you this, because apparently you always make mistakes whenever your family sees you on the stage." BoA said, pointing to where Jinri was sitting.

Jinyoung couldn't believe his eyes, and mentally facepalmed himself at how he didn't even recognise his own sister.

"Jinri, would you like to say something to Jinyoung as congratulations?" BoA asked Jinri, as the younger female continued to wipe her tears away.

"Uh..." Jinri started off, but couldn't continue on as so many emotions hit her.

"Uhm Jinyoung, first of all... congratulations on your debut! When I first saw episode 1 of this season, I was really worried because only your dark sides were shown on the screen, but I realised that I didn't have to worry for you, because you began to improve every single episode, and you started making heaps of friends. I'm glad that you got to meet a lot of hyungs, friend and dongsaengs who you could probably call as siblings now, and I hope those friendships last forever. Uh.. Jinyoung, you really worked hard and you deserve this all so congratulations from the bottom of my heart and from now on, I hope to see you more at broadcasting stations rather than home! Congratulations once again Jinyoung, you worked hard and you worked well." Jinri said, and Jinyoung, who managed to keep his tears in until now began to sob at his sister's heartfelt message.

"Wow, I can really see the deep sibling relationship here, it's really nice! I hope that Jinyoung and Jinri, you both enjoy each other's company tonight after the broadcast, catch up with each other and spend a good family time while congratulating Jinyoung's debut. Congratulations Bae Jinyoung, you may now go to your seat which is labelled '10th'." BoA said, giving he congratulations to Jinyoung.

A lot of the stress which was in Jinri's mind for the past few days had gone off her chest, but there was still a bit more stress left. Now she had to wait for Woojin to be announced.

BoA continued to announce the ranks - 9th was Hwang Minhyun, 8th Yoon Jisung, and 7th Lai Guanlin. By this time, Jinri was getting very nervous because the ranks were only getting higher and Woojin's name still wasn't announced. She could also see Woojin on the stage looking frightened and scared. His face had gone whiter, he was slightly sweating and he was constantly looking down while playing with his fingers nervously. She felt sorry for the boy who had to suffer this moment, and couldn't wait to give him a hug after the broadcast, whether he made it into the team or not.

"Now time for 6th rank," announced BoA. "I think when this broadcast first started, this trainee would have never imagined that he would come this far and make it in as a Wanna One member."

"Unnie, don't you think this is Woojin oppa? What was his rank again in episode 1?" Somi whispered in her ears.

Jinri who was also feeling the same way brightened up at Somi's question and answered her with "He was 72nd. Then 75th in second episode."

Another few minutes passed as the camera showed faces of the remaining trainees. The camera continued to show Woojin on the screen, and this only made Jinri more and more nervous.

"6th place... congratulations, Brand New Music... Park Woojin!" BoA announced, and Somi and Jinri looked at each other immediately with shiny eyes.

The two girls couldn't show big reactions as it was a live broadcast and they didn't want any fans to think something was happening between them and Woojin, so they just smiled to themselves and clapped as calmly as they could while fangirling on the inside.

Jinri felt like tears were going to fall out, but had to stop herself by making Somi say some lame jokes. She managed to keep her tears in until the end of Woojin's ment and even until he sat in his assigned 6th rank seat.

She noticed that Woojin was looking straight at her direction. She tried to find where his eyes were exactly looking as her eye sight wasn't the best, and Somi had to confirm that he was indeed looking at her.

At this, Jinri immediately put on a bright smile and slightly waved. She then saw Woojin's hand go up and Somi once again confirmed that Woojin had also smiled and slightly waved in their direction.

 

BoA continued to announce the ranks - 5th Ong Seongwoo, 4th Kim Jaehwan, 3rd Lee Daehwi, 2nd Park Jihoon and 1st Kang Daniel. 

Jinri couldn't feel any happier at the moment, and she felt like she was about to fly to the moon. Her brother, her crush and her favourite dongsaeng were all debuting. She was quite disappointed that Youngmin couldn't make it into Wanna One, but also slightly relieved that at least Youngmin and Donghyun could possibly debut as a mini unit as they wait for Woojin and Daehwi.

"National producers, please take care of us in the future as well!" the 11 boys shouted and bowed to the audience, making all the fans, eliminated trainees, trainers and I.O.I members cheer and clap.