the devil

i have questions

     As I got out of the car, I heard the students talking about my mom's charity work. 

    "Jieun's mom is basically an angel sent to earth and so is Jieun."

     I am now used to them talking about me. Praising every little thing my family do. I am the richest out of the IT girls. I am also the most popular one. I have boys dying to date me and girls wanting to be friends with me. Unbelievable, right?

     My life has been that way ever since. They know me as the 'angel' of this school. Why? Everyone adores me. Every girl wants to be me. I never had to work to get what I want. There will always be someone who will give it to me. They know every move I make. They're always watching me. I hate being watched. 

 

     I went to the classroom just in time when the teacher came.

     "So, let's elect a class leader." Ms. Park said. She's the type of teacher who will give you a passing grade even if you skip classes just because she doesn't want to see us for another year. She doesn't have a husband or a boyfriend so she's hitting on our principal for quite a while now. Take note, they have seven years age difference. Gross.

     Just when the table for the class leader opened, Seohyun shouted, "I respectfully nominate Lee Jieun!"

     The class applaud and in just a minute, it's final. No arguments, no other nominee. I'm not even surprised. Nothing surprises me anymore. 

     Time passed by and everything was a blur.

 

     "Do you want to stop by my house and eat ice cream and gossip?" Seohyun asked me as she took Haneul's hand.

     "I forgot my cellphone in my locker. I think I'll pass. You go first." I answered. How can I talk to her when all she does is tell me about their relationship.

     "Oh, okay. But, it's getting darker. Haneul, why don't you go with Jieun? I can take care of myself and as I said, it's getting darker, it's dangerous. Take care of her, okay?" 

     Before I got to speak, she kissed Haneul and got in the taxi cab.

     "So I guess it's you and me now?" Haneul smiled.

     I smiled back, "Let's go."

     We were walking down the hallway when he started speaking.

     "I think you already passed by you locker."

     I looked at him, smiling, "I said that just to excuse myself. Did you really think I will punish myself by looking at you clinging to her?"

 

     We went to our usual place, the rooftop. He brought out a cigarette and put it in his lips.

     "You smoke now?" I asked. 

     "It's a metaphor." He chuckled. I can't believe this guy and his lame jokes.

     "Okay, stop being Augustus Waters and be my Haneul-ah... Let's talk." I looked at him, acting cute. Barf.

     The atmosphere changed from happy to gloomy. His eyes changed direction and all of a sudden, his face looks worried

     "Again?" He asked, exasperated. 

     WOW.

     "Again?!" I can't believe this is happening. "We've been together for a year now and you know how much this hurts me." I let out a sigh.

     He grabbed my wrist and hugged me. His arms are on my waist and I can feel his breath on my cheeks. 

     "You know our situation. I promise we will get through this."

     "Until when? I can't wait forever."

     "I know and I'm sorry." he gave my cheeks a peck. We stayed like that for a few minutes when his phone rang.

     "It's Seohyun. I promised I'll meet her at her house at 7. I guess I have to go. Do you want to go with me?" He asked.

     "No, it's okay. Go on, she must be anticipating."

     "Bye."

     He kissed my lips. His lips were so soft and tender. It was full of emotions. Love, guilt, and pain. Our lips parted, then he exited the room.

 

     I sat in the bench feeling loved. I can't wait for the day that our relationship is no longer a secret. I will rest my eyes for a bit.

     "Did I just see the school's angel having an affair with her best friend's boyfriend?"

     I jumped off my seat when a badass-looking guy came out behind the broken chairs.

     "What are you doing here? How did you know this place? What did you see?" No. Please tell me this is not happening.

     "I was hiding behind these chairs. And I wasn't aware that you own this place." He smirked. 

     He stretched his leg as he speak, "If I sell these pictures of you and that guy, will I be able to get a huge amount of money?"

     "What?" I stood up, facing him.

     "It's just a thought... or maybe I can just expose you to your bestfriend. What do you think?"

     "What's your deal, jerk?"

     "Let me think...." He said as if he's into a deep thought. "Be my slave and your secret is safe with me." He put on this 'concerned' look on his face.

     "Ha-ha! Are you freaking kidding me right now?"

     "Nope."

     "I don't want to and who the ef are you anyway?"

     "Oh no, you didn't! I'm Jiyong. Kwon-Ji-Yong."

     That name rang a bell.

     "Oh, so you're THE bad boy? Funny because it seems to me that you're just a pathetic loser who is trying to get money from me. Is this how you get your infamous title? Okay. Name your price." I crossed my hands. This one's easy.

     "Gotcha! Another one right there. You just confessed. I'm recording our conversation right now!" He exclaimed while dangling his cellphone in front of my face. "I have pictures too. Gosh, you two are so sweet kissing and all...."

     "Wow, you know I can sue you."

    "Sue me and this gets to the public."

     "How much is it that you want? I can buy you and your friends."

     "You can't buy dignity, sweetheart. Be my slave and your precious secret is safe with me. See you tomorrow, hun." He said and he stormed out of the room.

     And in that very moment I know I'm screwed.


annyeong love~ 

this story is inspired by 'palette' by iu ft. gd

sorry i'm really lacking in writing skills but i hope youre enjoying the story so far

fighting!