the devil's POV

i have questions

Kwon Jiyong's point of view:

 

     "OPEN. IT." She said with precision. I didn't talk back and entered the password. It's the only way for her to believe me.
     "What's this? Why do you have pictures of me? How do I know you're not lying?!" She shouted and she looked more miserable. 
     I stumbled over my words, "I-It was an application. If you tried to unlock my phone and you typed the wrong password, it will take a picture of you. It was for security. I was not expecting it either. It looks like you tried to unlock my phone that's why you have pictures there..." I was sweating because I forgot about that folder. I should have deleted it or move it to another device.
     I saw the shock in her face but I saw that she believed me as her expression softened. It seemed like she remembered trying to unlock my phone.
     "I have so many questions and I am so angry right now." She paused. "Why did you do that? Why did you lie to me and you take me for a fool! You made me do things for you for nothing!"
     "I didn't think that you'd believe me. I swear it was a joke but you agreed and then I just went with it."
 

     I was so pissed at my dad when he said he will arrange a blind date for me. I knew it was a daughter of a business partner. I skipped the class and thought, I need to smoke. I went to the rooftop because it was kind of abandoned. The teachers won't notice and it was an open space. I was about to light my cigarette but I heard someone coming. I thought it was a school staff so I hid behind the broken chairs. It turned out that she is another student and she didn't notice me. Afterwards, a boy came and then I heard their conversation. I looked at them and I noticed it was Jieun and the football player. I don't know him, but I always saw him with Seohyun. 
     Jieun's really popular in school mostly because of her mom's charity work. She was everyone's angel, but for me, she was just a girl in the backround. Jieun and Seohyun's friendship was everyone's goals. That's what I heard from Chaerin. Chaerin was insecure of her.
     I saw and heard everything. My legs felt numb after a while so I decided to come out. Luckily, Haneul has just left the room. 
     When she saw me, I saw fear in her eyes. And I took it as an advantage. I used it to blackmail her. 

 

     "It wasn't because I wanted to fool you. I wanted you to stop." I explained as I looked directly in her eyes. Tears swim in her eyes but she was quiet. Her eyes scream anger and sadness. "I didn't mean to fool you. I swear to God." I said, hoping she will be convinced.
     Her eyes dark, she uttered, "Why did you do that? Why did you want me to stop? My business is mine and it has nothing to do with anyone, with you. Then why?!" 
     "It's because I like you! I like you so much that I want you to stop loving the wrong person. I don't know much about feelings, I don't even know if I love you. All I can say is that I care for you. I want everything good for you."
     My words shocked her that she took a step back. "My feelings don't have anything to do with you. You were an assh*le and you played me."
"I told you I did that because I want to stop you."


     It was the day when we met. It was the first day. I told her to go to the cafe nearby the school at 8PM sharp. She was there at 7:59. She was wearing slippers instead of shoes, and the nailpolish on her other hand was not painted yet. I thought it was dumb, but heck, at the back of my mind I'm thinking she looked cute. I walked toward her and sat across her. Her eyebrows furrowed but it was her eyes that stunned me. It reminded me of dusk and I was so lost in it. Her face is not perfect. You can see her eyebags and a small pimple on her forehead. But those made her looked real, a human, not just an "angel." She kept rolling her eyes as we sip our drinks. She didn't look scary when she does that, instead, she looked pretty, sophisticated. And I was drawn to her. 
     We went to a club, I want her to let go all of her worries. I don't know what happened to me. Am I having a crush or did she trapped me under her spell? The feeling was so new to me but then she rolled her eyes again, and I kissed her. And that was the best kiss I've ever had. With her. With Jieun. 

 

     "And now what? My life is ruined. I was okay before you came. Haneul, Seohyun, my mother, they all hate me because of you! Because of what you've done!" She screeched as she threw small punches in my chest. Her eyes were bloodshot red and tears was falling one after another. 
     "But cheating on your best friend destroys you too. Why did you have to fall in love with the wrong person?" I hugged her while she sobbed.
     "I was there for him first. I loved him first!"
     "I'm not buying that BS, Jieun. Because if he really loves you, he should 've told Seohyun the truth. No, he shouldn't have courted Seohyun in the first place."


     It was the opening celebration of Seungri's soon-to-be-owned club. We were going wild and I forgot that Jieun was with me because I was busy flirting with h0es. The next thing I knew, Seungri made Jieun drank alcohol and it was a strong one. Seungri was touching her face but Jieun was clearly saying no. I punched Seungri and the club was a total mess. I took her home, asked my maid to take care of her. She looked like an angel when she sleeps. Why would anyone cheat on a girl like her? She's too precious just to be treated like that. I fell asleep beside her after staring at her for hours.
     She woke up, and I pranked her. She was asking me the whole day if we really did have s.ex. I was irked by her constant questions but what made me tell the truth was when she teased me about doing it for real. Holy hell, she looked really beautiful and seductive I could kiss her, hard. She was relieved when I said we didn't really do it and then she asked me about the reason why I beat the heck out of that student in the hallway. I told her I was in a bad mood, I lied, but she believed it.

     I was relieved, too because she didn't ask about Seungri intoxicating her. Yes, he made me mad but he apologized and I know when he's truly sorry. I forgive him. But I can't tell Seohyun about it because I can't throw Seungri under the bus. He's been my friend for a long time.

 

     "Why do you have to say the right things? Can't you just understand my side?" She's a bit calmed now. "I have so many questions colliding with each other inside my head--"
     I interrupted her, "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to. It will ing destroy your heart."
     She unwrapped herself from my arms, and her eyes pierced mine. "Why did you have to do all these? Why do you keep on bothering me?" she asked, but she seemed voiceless.
     "If caring for you is what you call love, then so be it." I said, without blinking, trying to convince her that she's not alone; that she has me on her side. "Stop blaming yourself for everything that's happened. You are not the problem. The problem is that you think you're not lovable when the truth is you are."
     She wiped her tears with the back of her hand and took a deep breath. She was a mess. She looked miserable. She wasn't saying anything. We were just staring at each other.
     "I... love you." I murmured. My heart was beating so loud. I have never felt like this before. I have never confessed my feelings to a girl.
     "How can I return it... How can I love you... when I can't even love myself?" She said and then she ran. Without saying anything, she ran away. My feet were glued to the ground. It was not the rejection, but it was her words that pierced my heart. She just wants to be loved but I think I messed up. I was trying to fix her, but only her can fix herself. Warm liquid stream down my face. Am I crying?

     Before we went here, in my favorite place, we went to eat Chinese food. Haneul was not speaking and he was glaring at me like I did something wrong to him. I was holding back my fist, stopping myself from beating the hell out of him. He was being an assh*le. And then we got fortune cookies. Jieun's cookie said "The one you love is closer than you think." After reading hers, she asked what was mine. I didn't share it because I had the same fortune cookie as her. It made me happy and it gave me a little hope... I prayed that maybe, just maybe, I am the one she loves since we got the same fortune cookie saying.


     I sat on the bench, thinking about everything. In this seat, she said I was a good person.

      She was the only one who said that to me. And I was taken aback. I thought she was joking, but her eyes were sincere. She asked me, again, why did I beat a student. She said it was so un-me. I told her the student said she was beautiful. And I didn't say the rest. He said Jieun was so pretty he'd do dirty things to her. And I got mad. I lost my temper. And the next thing I know is he's crying in pain. I could've killed him if it wasn't for Jieun. She stopped me from doing it. 
     And all I said to her that night was that he said she's beautiful. Because that's what she wanted to hear. And the least I can do for her is to lessen her worries. 

 

     But the little hope I have went crumbling down when I said mean things to her, like, a flirt, ruins a relationship, and the like. She hit a nerve. I was shocked, too, when those words escaped my throat.

     My father cheated on my real mother and now, I don't know where she is. She was crying all the time before she left home. She had to, because his mistress was moving in our house. I rebel. But my father loves her mistress more than me. I can't do anything to change that. You can't simply change a feeling of a person.

     I still hope for my mom to come back. And that was one of the reasons why I wanted to stop Jieun. I don't want her to feel broken and sick and depressed. I want her to stop bringing herself down and start loving herself more because she deserves it. She deserves all the love in the world. She deserves someone who will take her as she is and someone who will not make her question her self-worth and all the little sh*ts.

     I could just tell her that she can love me. She can try and I will never hurt her. But people's feelings don't change overnight. 
     I ed up everything.

 

     I ed up.