세븐틴: Acting Workshop

Behind the Scenes: Cue

세븐틴: Acting Workshop

 

          Sebongies rose early in the morning to prepare themselves for their acting workshop. As soon as they opened their eyes, they started memorizing some of their lines as they were instructed to. For the first time, they were quiet while eating their breakfast. Normally, noise would spread all over their place by complaining on something or teasing each other.

 

          While reading their lines, their expressions became hopeless as they realized that their stories weren’t easy. Yes, the stories were all good and touching but all of it were Melodramas; in addition, their scripts were written with full of heavy emotions. Suddenly, the boys’ mood became gloomy because they were worried that they might not perform well and people might be disappointed on them; in addition to that, they were warned about how terror their instructor would be.

 

Seungcheol:

(Instructed them carefully.)

Get ready by 12.

(Before he leave the kitchen.)

Behave well, kids.

 

Seungkwan:

Aye, aye, sir!

 

It was pass one in the afternoon when the director came knocking on their door. Seungcheol was the one who opened it and welcomed the director warmly. He seemed kind, but somehow there’s a strict vibe on him; nonetheless, the team leader behaved well and accompanied him to their practice room, where they would use as their classroom for the day.

 

The members, on the other hand, automatically formed a line as if they were on a military camp. Everyone was so polite and behave as they saw an unfamiliar face walking towards them. Different from a chaotic scene that you would see inside their humble home every day.

 

Upon entering the room, the stranger, immediately inspected them one by one and announced that their session would begin right away. Their acting coach gave them an exercise first, which was to stretch and play with their faces and expressions, before proceeding to a formal lesson. Sebongies found it amusing and fun; however, they never know what would happen after the warm up.

 

Director:

(Clapped his hands to get their attention and introduced himself formally; although, it was a late introduction.)

By the way, I am Director Hong Sang-Soo and I will be your instructor for this workshop.

 

Mr. Sang-Soo is known as a good yet strict director who already filmed several multi-awarded films. The old man’s masterpieces were crafted with full passion and emotions, so he treasured every film that he makes.

 

Director Sang-Soo:

(Announced their next activity.)

This time, I want you to act a situation that was given to you.

I don’t want any unnecessary action. Make it as realistic as possible. Got it?

 

Sebongies responded with a loud ‘Yes’ and focused on their trainer’s instructions. They were like new born babies, who acted tame and weak. It was not the usual thirteen boys who’d scream and laugh around, that even their manager got surprised when he saw them well behaved that afternoon.

 

 Mr. Sang-Soo gave them situations for them to act, so he could evaluate their skills and see what he could do to improve it. The members, on the other hand, tried their very best to give everything they could with sincerity.

 

It was given that the boys were still newbies, and they needed a proper and regular training in order for them to hone their skills, but since they only have limited time, he decided to train them with their characters already, so they would know what to do on the actual filming. As he observed their actions, among the members, he could see a potential in Jun, Mingyu, and Wonwoo. He was impressed by their acting, and he could see that they were serious on it.

 

They were given a 30 minute break before proceeding to their next activity, which was to practice their drama scripts.

 

-After 30 minutes-

 

Director Sang-Soo:

Get ready with your scripts!

I want you to get and execute a scene which you find difficult, and we will study them.

 

He would handle “Half Brothers” so he knew the story very well, while the others would be directed by other well-known directors. It just happened that he was the only available person who agreed to train them that day.

 

Director Sang-Soo:

Get ready!

 

The boys fall in line as soon as they hear the director’s call. They concentrated on their scripts but they were uneasy, praying that they would not be called immediately.

 

Director:

We will see “Half Brothers” first. I will be the director of that mini series.

Who are the actors?

(Looked sternly at the boys.)

        

Coups and Jeonghan raised their hands and stepped forward. They were so nervous because that strict director would be their director in the actual shooting too. They feel tensed and worried that they would make a terrible mistake.

 

Director:

What did you choose?

(Asked them of the scene.)

 

Seungcheol:

Ummm, we chose this, sir.

(Pointed at some part of their script.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed and talk to himself while looking at his lines.)

Why do I have to cry always?

(Stressed with his character.)

 

Director:

I see.

(Talked to the both of them and asked 3 extras from the group.)

For the 3 extras, just read your script and try to play along with it.

I don’t like kids who fool around. Understood?

(He said firmly.)

 

They all nodded and prepared themselves.

 

-Scenes from “Half Brothers-

 

Half Brothers Workshop Casts:

Seungcheol: A kind rich young businessman who would play cold to his younger half-brother.

Jeonghan: A smart young man, who ran from home due to the hardships he suffered from the hands of his own mother and stepfather.

DK: Seungcheol’s best friend, whom he considered his brother.

Wonwoo: He would play as Jeonghan’s stepfather. “The bad guy”

Joshua: Seungcheol’s fiancé.

 

Joshua was embarrassed of the role he got, but he couldn’t not complain about it because it was the director’s order. Meanwhile, Jeonghan couldn’t stop giggling at his back as he could imagine how amusing it would be. The casts looked absurd and people began laughing even without acting yet; however, the director won’t let that pass and asked them to concentrate and be quiet. Mr. Sang-Soo left with no choice but to get one of the boys to fill in some characters because they couldn’t act the scenes completely without any partner to support the main characters. Besides, there were no female available that time since it was a private workshop.

 

Joshua:

Gosh!

(Stressed)

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ you can do it.

(Winked)

 

Joshua just sighed and looked hopeless.

 

They began their first scene which would be played by Wonwoo, as Jeonghan’s stepfather, who was responsible of hurting Jeonghan’s character.

 

-Scene 1-

 

 Situation: Jeonghan was beaten badly and dragged at one corner by his stepfather upon finding out that he planned to escape with the money. On the other hand, instead of crying out of pain and self-pity, Jeonghan cried out of anger wishing for a revenge.

 

Wonwoo started their scene as he cautiously dragged the “supposed to be” injured angel and threw him at the corner. He looked so evil with his gaze and pulled Jeonghan’s chin to force him to look at his eyes.

 

Wonwoo:

You S**********tch! Try to do that again and see what will happen to you!

(He delivered the lines with crisp that impressed the audience.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked at Wonwoo as if he wanted to eat him alive, even if, his body couldn’t fight anymore because of the injury he acquired. He pretended to spat on the man in front of him.)

I don’t care!

 

Wonwoo:

(Got a very insulted face and threw a fake kick on Jeonghan’s body.)

You don’t care, huh! You don’t care!

(Continued throwing fake kicks to him.)

Deserves you right, you bastard!

(Lighted his fake cigarette while leaving the poor Jeonghan injured.)

 

After Wonwoo left the scene, Jeonghan should project a miserable yet angry expression, but he couldn’t because he’s still confused of how he should act.

 

-Cut of Scene 1-

 

Director:

Okay! Very good Wonwoo.

 

          Wonwoo immediately assisted his hyung to stand up and apologize of his action. While, the other members was astonished of the scene they just witnessed. All dropped their jaws because they were carried away with Wonwoo and Jeonghan’s acting; though, Jeonghan wasn’t able to perform the last scene properly.

 

Seungkwan:

Daebak! It looked so real.

 

Hoshi:

Aaaaw! You bad person!

(Teased Wonwoo.)

 

Mingyu:

I got a goose bumps, hyung.

(Looked at Wonwoo who was returning to his seat and at the same time sympathized Jeonghan.)

 Poor Jeonghan-hyung.

 

Seungcheol:

(With a blank gaze as he was surprised about Wonwoo’s realistic acting.)

yah…

(Left his mouth open for a while as he became speechless.)

 

Director:

(Gave his honest comments.)

Jeonghan, your initial reaction when you were dragged was very good, but what happened? I told you to show a miserable, at the same time, angry expression.

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry, sir. I was just a little confused about it.

 

Director:

I understand. Let’s do it again.

(Frowned his brows.)

 

The director taught him of what to do, and it took them several tries to act the proper expression he needed. Jeonghan was getting the hang of it, it’s just that he was having a hard time crying. Meanwhile, Wonwoo continued to hear nothing but a good feedback from the director.

 

Director:

(Advised Jeonghan.)

Jeonghan, try to make use of your innocent face.

It will be very effective if you get the right emotion for this one. We need to practice this a lot.

 

Jeonghan:

(Jeonghan listened carefully with the director’s advice.)

Yes, sir.

 

Director:

Then, let’s proceed to the next scene.

 

Jeonghan:

(He bit his lips out of frustration; in addition, he was pressured because needed to cry in the next scene too.)

Okay sir.

(He sighed.)

 

Director:

Remember what I taught you.

 

Jeonghan:

(Took a deep breath.)

Okay sir. I’ll try my best.

 

Unfortunately, he couldn’t cry because he’s seeing those funny faces watching over him. He couldn’t concentrate at all. Seungcheol and Joshua started giggling discreetly.

 

Jeonghan:

Director-nim, I-I

(Depressed and pressured expression.)

 

Director:

Again!

(He got scolded.)

 

After the director scolded at him, they all froze and kept their mouth shut. Jeonghan really tried his best to shed tears but it was a hard task to do; in addition, Mr. Sang-Soo kept on pressuring him. Joshua and Seungcheol wanted to talk to the director but Jeonghan sensed it and signalled them that he was okay.

 

Director:

(Sighed his stress out.)

Okay.

(Scratched his head.)

Let me try this. I know this is your first time so I’ll give considerations.

 

The director has an experience in acting and directing plays in theatres and decided to play the role of the bad guy for him to feel that it was real.

 

Director:

You know what to do. Okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes sir.

 

-Take 2-

 

          Situation: His stepfather was talking to some bad guys outside who were giving him some drug paraphernalias and money, while, the poor angel was concealed and chained inside a small and dark room. Jeonghan could see everything with a small opening through the walls and became scared as the old man approached to him with a gun.

 

A sudden action surprised the sitting angel, who was acting helpless, by a grab on his face.

 

Director Sang-Soo:

(Gave Jeonghan an evil look while pointing the prop gun on him.)

You better behave and work hard. Understood?!

Blame your mother for your fate.

(Looked at him once again before he leaves.)

Give me what I want and you’ll remain unharmed.

(Slapped his cash on the pitiful Jeonghan.)

 

Jeonghan felt that it was real. Those gazes gave him the cue and got carried away in the situation. Slowly, he finally understood his character and tried to remember everything his mentor taught him. He looked so scared and hopeless that made their audience so absorbed by their acting, especially when Jeonghan started shedding tears.

 

Jeonghan:

(Leaned himself on the wall while crying hopelessly for help.)

Hyung… hyung… please help me

 

-Cut of Take 2-

 

          The audience were completely astonished upon witnessing an impressive acting by the director and Jeonghan. They clapped their hands to recognize how amazing they were.

 

Director:

And… Cut!

(He smiled as he was satisfied with his performance and gave him a short compliment.)

Very good!

 

Mingyu who was near him, ran to him and wipe his tears away.

 

Mingyu:

Are you okay, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

(Wiped his tears and smiled cutely.)

Yeah, of course! It’s just an acting.

 

Director:

I want that expression when we film that scene. You got me?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes sir.

(He smiled.)

 

Director:

(Tapped Jeonghan’s head.)

I felt guilty when you cried.

(Joked.)

You did a great job.

(Added some additional encouragements.)

You can make everybody cry with your innocent and angelic face.

(He got a new favourite and forgot the stress they went through in order to get the right scene.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Relieved that he was finally hearing a good comment.)

Thank you, sir.

 

Director:

Okay, next!

(His mood lightened up a bit.)

Seungcheol and Joshua, at the center.

(He wasted no time and called for the next scene.)

 

The boys walked at the center and sighed every time they faced each other. Seungcheol was trying so hard to keep his smile, but he couldn’t.

 

Director:

Okay, I know this looks funny but you have to do this. We have no choice.

 

Seungcheol:

Yes, Director-nim!

 

-Cut of Scene 3-

 

Situation: Seungcheol’s fiancé came back from the US and it was their first time seeing each other again after 6 months.

 

Joshua gave him a flirty embrace and a cheek-to-cheek kiss (Because he cannot do a lips-to-lips as per script).

 

Joshua:

I miss you, honey.

(He hid his face at the side of Cheol’s and displayed an embarrassed expression.)

This is insane.

(He whispered while trying not to laugh.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Preventing his lips to smile.)

It’s been a while.

(Unfortunately, he did an awkward trying-not-to-laugh serious face.)

 

-Cut of Scene 3-

 

          The members started laughing at their seats as they looked so awkward acting together. It was embarrassing for Joshua and Seungcheol but what could they do? They were just following orders; nevertheless, the director accepted the fact that it was awkward in the first place so he let it pass.

 

Director:

Cut!

(Sighed)

Joshua, if you’re not comfortable with it, just do the voice acting. No need for you to act the exact thing in the paper, since you’re just substituting the character. But Seungcheol, I need you to act the proper expressions.

 

Seungcheol:

Yes, sir.

 

          The two members were relieved because they didn’t have to do the flirty thing written on the paper.

 

Director:

Continue.

Seungcheol, I’m monitoring your expression.

(Signalled Joshua to continue.)

 

-Scene 4-

         

They continued acting.

 

Joshua:

Honey,

(He blushed because he was embarrassed upon saying those words in front of his rival.)

 

Seungcheol:

Hmmm?

(Closed his eyes and mouth tightly to prevent himself from laughing, but gave up after a few seconds of holding it.)

Sorry. I tried not to but-

 

-Cut of Scene 4-

 

He covered his face out of humiliation. The director had no choice but to replace Joshua with Seungkwan, who volunteered himself.

 

Director:

Just bear with it.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay sir.

(He took a deep breath and prepared himself into acting again.)

 

Seungkwan performed well in playing the role of Seungcheol’s fiancé. On the other hand, their leader was able to ride Seungkwan’s acting, but it really looked hilarious. Even the director laughed while watching them; nevertheless, he was satisfied of Cheol’s expression. He believed that he was perfect for his role.

 

          It was the time for DK and Coups to act their scene. The younger ones tried to do his best because he feared of getting scolded. Fortunately, the director was pleased on their performance.

 

-Scenes from “The Orphans”-

 

The Orphans Workshop Casts:

DK: A kind hyung who would sacrifice himself to save the other kids who were abducted from the streets.

Seungkwan: Brother of Dino.

Vernon: He came from an orphanage and ran from it to find his parents who abandoned him when he was 7 years old.

Dino: Seungkwan’s younger brother.

Hoshi: Delinquent 1

Mingyu: Delinquent 2 who’ll carry Dino.

Jun: Doctor

 

-Scene 1-

 

          Situation: All of them were abducted from the streets, whether orphans or someone who was just walking down the streets with their parents. The group who was behind the kidnappings was a big syndicate whose business is dealing with drugs and includes human trafficking. One night, the boys planned for their escape. Unfortunately, they were caught by the guards that night.

 

Hoshi:

Stop there, you idiots!

(Fired a shot as a warning.)

 

          When Hoshi realized that they were not stopping, he started aiming at them. He called for reinforcements to prevent the kids from escaping. DK sacrificed himself for the other kids and shielded his body for them. Unfortunately, he got shot on his upper leg. Seungkwan and the others looked back and saw their hyung soaked with his own blood.

 

Seungkwan:

Hyuuuung!

 

DK:

Shhhh

(Displayed a brave face while instructed them to continue with their plan.)

Just go! Go! Don’t stop running!

 

Seungkwan:

Nooo! We can’t leave you.

 

DK:

I’ll be fine.

(Smiled gently.)

Vernon, grab them and go!

 

          Vernon did what DK instructed unwillingly, and left their friend behind. They were running endlessly in a wide field while being chased by hoodlums. After a long run in the dark, the three ended up on a highway. Seungkwan hurriedly ran to the other side without looking around. At that moment, a car came rushing towards him.

 

Vernon:

Seungkwan-ah!

 

Dino:

Hyuuuuung!

 

Vernon pushed his friend away from the road; apparently, he was the one who got hit instead. Seungkwan and Vernon was knocked unconscious, while Dino was screaming for help being captured by the syndicate once again.

 

Dino:

Hyung! Hyung! Help me! Someb-

(Mingyu covered his mouth.)

 

-Cut of Scene 1-

 

Director:

And cut!

(Gave his evaluation.)

Refrain from over reacting. This is not an opera. Those expressions (pointed out their inappropriate gestures and expressions one-by-one) are not good in filming a close up shot. It’s too animated for a serious film.

 

          Their hyungs were not used to the characters they were portraying that’s why they were too immersed in observing them. They had a lot of bloopers, as expected of Seungkwan and DK, but as they kept on repeating and practicing it, they improved a bit.

 

Director:

We will proceed to the next scene.

 

-Scene 2-

 

          Situation: The two boys were staying at the hospital. Seungkwan was beside Vernon when he finally woke up from a comma.

 

Seungkwan:

Vernon-ah, thank goodness you’re okay.

(He was relieved that his friend is okay.)

 

Vernon:

Yeah.

(Looked only at one direction.)

Are you okay?

(Concerned about his friend.)

 

Seungkwan:

Yeah. I am fine.

(Felt sad.)

I’m sorry. It should have been me.

 

Vernon:

I’m fine. Don’t blame yourself.

(Sat on his bed)

Can you turn on the lights? It’s too dark.

 

Seungkwan:

(He was surprised.)

I-its morning, Vernon-ah.

(Worried)

 

Vernon:

Then w-

(Halted his own words as he realized that he became blind.)

 

Seungkwan:

(Screamed for help)

Doctor! Doctor! Please help us. He can’t see anything.

 

Jun:

I’m sorry, but we couldn’t save his eyes from the trauma he got from the accident.

 

Seungkwan:

No.

(Looked at his friend with a worried face.)

 

Vernon:

(Smiled at Seungkwan; even though, he felt betrayed by fate.)

I’m fine. No need to worry.

(Get a grip on the cloth he was holding.)

Where is Chan?

(Diverted their conversation.)

 

Seungkwan:

He’s gone.

(Bowed his head down.)

I don’t know where else could he be. When I woke up, I asked the man who brought us here and said that he did not see him that night.  

(He needed to cry, but unfortunately, his eyes failed him again.)

 

-Cut of Scene 2-

 

Director:

(Stressed)

You need to cry, my dear.

(Frowned his brows.)

I know it’s hard but you but you need to do that.

(He gave them advice because he learned that their director was a perfectionist one and he won’t give any considerations, even if you’re a new one.)

Listen. I know who’ll direct you and I tell you, he’s more strict than I am, so better practice or else you’ll be scolded the whole day.

 

          The boys were scared as if they heard a death threat. Nevertheless, they proceeded to the next story because they do not have the whole day to practice one scene, besides, they needed to study 2 more stories.

 

-Scene from “The Devil’s Tears”-

 

The Devil’s Tears Workshop Casts:

Wonwoo: Devil

Mingyu: A poor child who were abandoned by his family.

 

-Scene 1-

 

          Situation: Mingyu was left to die in the woods by his own relatives. Wonwoo, the known ‘flesh-eating-demon’, sensed that someone was trapped in the forest again, so he went and see him. As a devil, he is long estranged by the feelings of love, remorse, or sympathy. He only looked at humans or any creatures as his food or toy. It was said that long long time ago, the demon inhabiting the coldest cave in the forest was once a human, but because of his evil doings an angel came and punish him on his death bed. From that day on, he never experience peace and continued to live in the mountains up to the present day. It was also said that he keeps a pile of treasures in the forest; as a result, many people were attracted to hunt and prove it. Unfortunately, people who goes in to the woods was never seen again, and no one could tell where they could be.

 

          As they began acting, Mingyu positioned himself laying on the ground, weak and hopeless. The young man positively accepted his cruel fate, and the fact that he would die anytime soon, either by the hands of a wild animal or if the demon do exists, he’d probably be eaten by him. In a short while, the boy noticed someone who was walking towards him. He looked at him carefully as he squinted his eyes to make his blurry vision clear again. On the other hand, Wonwoo scrutinized the mysterious man in front of him.

 

Mingyu:

(Smiled with a weak voice.)

Are you the demon they were all taking about?

(Laughed sarcastically)

So, you are real.

(Moved his body to lay his back flat on the ground.)

I am ready to die.

 

Wonwoo:

(Look disgusted over a weak human.)

Humans are weak. Humans are fool.

(He smirked.)

I like your expression.

(Enjoying the pain of the young man.)

Stay like that. I will watch you until your last breath, kid.

(Sat near him and observed him.)

 

Mingyu:

(Smiled foolishly.)

Right.

(Cried while smiling.)

Of course, my life is a curse. What do I expect?

 

Wonwoo:

Welcome to my world, young man.

 

-Cut of Scene 1-

 

          The spectators were fascinated by the two handsome actors. They delivered their lines very well, and they successfully performed even the tiniest yet important details on their act.

 

Mingyu understood his character well, so he managed to perform a good emotion into his lines. While Wonwoo find his role quite interesting; though, he considered it challenging.

 

Director Sang-Soo:

Great job!

(He was impressed by the two boys who projected their characters well.)

I think you’ll be fine.

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu:

Thank you, sir.

 

Director:

(Clapped his hands to call the next team.)

Next scene!

 

-Scene from “The Traitor is The Hero.”-

 

The Traitor is the Hero Workshop Cast:

Jun: He came from a noble family and he’s the younger brother of Joshua. He is an intelligent young man but he chose not to display his true nature and acted like a fool, instead.

Joshua: Jun’s older brother. He is one of the influential scholar that managed to get a position in the palace.

Jihoon: The youngest prince who desired for power.

Soon Young: He’s one of a high ranking soldier in the palace who works for Jihoon. He is from the tactical division.

The8: An assassin that was hired to perform the dirty works of Jihoon and Soon Young.

Jeonghan: Jun’s lover.

 

-Scene 1-

 

          Situation: Soon Young had failed his master again, and Jihoon was not in a good mood to forgive his most loyal subject.

 

Woozi:

(Reading a document.)

You failed me again, Soon Young.

(Scolded him in a mono tone yet irritable voice.)

 

Hoshi:

My apologies, your majesty. I must admit that he’s not an ordinary man. That low life creature seems to be smart and I think, I know where to find him.

 

Woozi:

Eliminate that man and I don’t care how you plan to do it!

(Hit the table by his hands.)

Kill him as soon as you see him. I do not need to meet him anymore. He’s just a useless idiot who’s running in the wild with no place to go.

 

Hoshi:

I will, your majesty.

(Bowed and excused himself.)

 

-Cut of Scene 1-

 

          The director was satisfied on how evil they delivered their lines. He loved the way they did it with their eyes. Their gazes were so hot, it could melt a metal in one look. While the boys were so immersed again.

 

Seungkwan:

Yaaaahhh… hyung (Jihoon) your role fits you.

 

Dino:

So scary. I hope you will not do that gaze while doing our recording.

 

DK:

Oh my! Please don’t!

(Scared by just a thought of it.)

 

-Scene 2-

 

          Situation: Hoshi was talking to The8

 

Hoshi:

(He was pissed because the mysterious man got away again.)

Damn!

He’s getting into my nerves!

(Looked at The8)

 

The8:

(With a fake knife as his props.)

That bastard, I won’t let him pass when we see each other again!

( his knife. The acting was good; however, he delivered his lines wrongly.)

 

-Cut of Scene 2-

 

          His accent appeared as he was supposed to say “Let’s see how I can slice his body into pieces.” His letters got jumbled and pronounced it as an unknown word. Everyone laughed including the director. They find him cute. Mr. Sang-Soo advised him to study his lines very well.

 

Director:

If you cannot do it. Just asked them to revise your scripts.

You are a foreigner right?

Why do they have to put you in this historical drama?

(Amused by the distribution of the roles.)

 

Hoshi:

Because they knew how to do the fight scenes, sir.

(Smiled like a hamster.)

 

Director:

I see. So, they forgot that they (Jun and The8) are from a foreign land.

(Laughed hard.)

 

          They moved on to the next scene.

 

-Scene 3-

 

          Situation: Jun was strolling around the village to get some information in order for him to execute his plan properly. His goal was to make his country free and just. He was covering his face with a black mask resembled to a sheep, when he got caught by Joshua.

 

Joshua:

(Talked calmly.)

You must be the idiot they are talking about.

(Looked at him.)

You must be a fool, then.

(Smirked.)

 

Jun:

You must be right.

 

Joshua:

(Gave him a hint.)

There are 13 guards outside that door. If you want to escape alive, you better remove your mask and try something else.

(As if he knew who he was.)

 

Jun:

(Was surprised.)

You knew who I am.

 

Joshua:

You think I can obtain a position in the palace if I can’t figure that out. You’re not good enough.

(Intimidated him.)

Your enemies are just waiting for you to enter their trap.

 

Jun:

Then, why save me?

 

Joshua:

None of your business.

Thank me afterwards.

(He smirked.)

 

-Cut of Scene 3-

 

          The role of Joshua fits him well. He looked cool performing his character. Dino wanted to be like him because he really admired his hyung with his attitude.

 

          It was the time to execute their last scene, and the situation includes Jun and his lover. The director was hurrying them to perform their roles because he has an appointment by 7 in the evening. Jun had never perform a boy who was deeply in love before, so he was kind of nervous. Besides, there was a kissing scene in the end, so he asked the director if they would do the whole scene. Jeonghan, on the other side, did not read the latter part of the story since he did not saw the character he’d be playing on the next page.

 

Director:

I have a high expectation on you, Jun.

 

Jun:

(Gulped.)

Ummm…

 

Director:

Go on.

 

Jun:

(Asked question.)

All of these?

(Flipped the book up to the next page.)

 

Director:

Everything on it.

 

Jun:

(He became nervous because it has a kissing scene.)

Director-nim, it has a ki-

 

Director:

Just do it!

(He was so irritated as his mood swings strikes again due to his old age. And besides he needed to be on his engagement on time that night, so he instructed them to make it faster.)

Double time!

 

Jun:

(Became afraid and faced Jeonghan.)
Hyung, there’s a ki-

(His words were halted by the director’s irritable call.)

 

Director:

Go! Go!

(He was looking at his watch because he must hurry.)

 

Jun:

(Cleared his throat.)

Oh God!

(Gulped.)

Hyung, do you trust me?

 

Jeonghan:

(Whispered)

Go. Do what you have to do.

(Innocent of what was written on the paper.)

 

Jun took a deep breath to organize everything and get into his character.

 

Jun:

Hyung, hang in there.

(He whispered.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

(Still innocent of what he meant.)

 

 

-Scene 4-

 

Situation: Jun liked a girl but she was arranged to marry his older brother. He wanted to get her back, but the girl already surrendered because she knew that it was useless to fight for someone she liked. It was a hard one for Jun because he’s never been to a role which he would portray that he was badly in love with someone.

 

Jun:

Hye Rim, why did you do this to me?

Why did you agree to marry my brother?

(Grabbed Jeonghan’s arms.)

You said you love me!

(Crying with a frustrated and desperate face.)

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s stop this.

Our destiny never wants us to be together.

 (Turned his back to Jun.)

 

Jun:

Then, I’ll fight for you.

 

Jeonghan:

(Left a cold gaze to Jun)

You will only hurt yourself.

(Walked slowly far from him.)

 

Jun:

Is that it?!

(Angry)

You choose to marry him because I am not worthy?

 

Jeonghan left him with no words as he continued walking far from the Chinese actor. Jun grabbed Jeonghan’s arms and faced his hyung to him. He brushed his hands to the angel’s silky skin while shedding tears. On the other hand, Jeonghan avoided Jun’s eyes.

 

Jun:

I’m sorry.

(Sobbing as he felt that it was his fault.)

I will get you back. I promise.

 

The Chinese actor got near to Jeonghan’s face and almost kissed him, but he stopped right before their lips touched. In their big surprise, they froze like an ice, even the director almost fell from his seat in shocked.

 

Jun recovered from the ‘almost’ kiss position, while his beautiful hyung was still astounded of what had just happen. He was so surprised that his eyes stayed open for a long time.

 

Jun:

Hyung… are you okay?

(Looked at Jeonghan.)


Everybody:

Yah!

 

Mingyu:

That was close!

(Holding his chest.)

 

Seungcheol:

Yah! Come here!

 

Joshua:

Let’s talk privately!

(With sizzling gaze.)


Jun:

Wait!

(He got scared.)

I did not do it!


DK:

But you almost did!

 

The8:

What are you trying to do?

(With a furious cute face.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Gripped his pants.)

That hyung!

(He murmured.)

 

Hoshi:

This hyung, really!

(He mumbled.)

 

Director:

I never expect that to happen. I thought I- I. God, I became speechless.

(He stuttered.)

Are you ready for that scene?

(Curious.)

 

Jun:

Yes, sir

(Answered nonchalantly.)

 

Director:

Okay. Good! There will be no problem with you, then. Good job!

 (His mood swings flew away in an instant.)

I think, I might want to handle you sometimes.

(Smiled.)

 

Jun:

Thank you, sir.

(Smiled shyly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Yah! You scared me!

(Hit Jun lightly on his chest.)

 

Jun:

I warned you before, hyung. Did you not read the script?

 

Jeonghan:

I just read the first page.

(Admitted innocently.)

 

Jun:

(He could feel that the members wanted to kill him that time.)

Hyung, please protect me.

(Hid on Jeonghan’s back.)

 

Director:

Okay. Our session is done! Great job everyone!

We will meet again. Do your best in your dramas.

(Reminded them of something.)

Give justice to the writers who wrote the story just for you.

 

Seventeen:

Yes sir!

 

Seungcheol:

Thank you so much for visiting us.

 

Director Sang-Soo:

It’s nothing, besides, I think I may have discovered new talents from your group.

See you in the set.

(He smiled.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Pressured.)

Yes sir. Thank you so much.

 

          After the workshop, Jeonghan received a call from the director of “The Prince is a fool.” and gave him his schedule. The other members noticed him jotting notes while talking to someone. They knew that it was not an ordinary call as their hyung was answering all the questions politely. The call ended and Jeonghan went to Coups and gave him a piece of paper.

 

Seungcheol:

(Confused of what was the paper for.)

What’s this?

 

Jeonghan:

I haven’t told you that yet because I was waiting for the director’s instructions.

Actually, that was from my meeting with our CEO. He told me that someone asked me to do a role in a movie and I accepted it.

(Pointed out the paper.)

That is my schedule.

 

Seungcheol:

(Surprised.)

Really?

That’s great!

What was it all about?

 

Jeonghan:

I can’t tell you yet but it will be a historical drama.

(Smiled.)

 

Seungcheol:

Oh, I see. Do your best!

(Cheered him.)

By the way, can I talk to the director?

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

 

Seungcheol:

I will ask something.

 

Jeonghan:

You will talk to him?

(Cleared what Cheol said.)

 

Seungcheol:

Yes. I will arrange something.

 

Jeonghan:

About?

 

Seungcheol:

Just let me talk to him. I need to clarify something because we also have schedules that are booked prior to this.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

(He called the director.)

Good evening, sir! Our leader wants to talk to you about the schedule.

(Passed the phone to Seungcheol. He went to their room to get their schedule and to talk to him privately.)

Good evening sir! I am Seungcheol. I would like to ask if you could move his schedule for this upcoming dates (stated the dates that are booked prior to the given schedule.) and can we let Jeonghan have his companion while on the set?

(Giggled.)

 

Director:

Is this regarding his health?

 

Seungcheol:

Yes sir, that kid forgot to take his medicine most of the time, especially when he’s busy. And if ever he fainted or if something happened, we know what to do.

 

Director:

Sure, sure, no problem. But tell your members that they have to keep what they’ll see in the set.

 

Seungcheol:

I will, sir. Thank you and have a good night.

 

Director:

Thank you too.

(Ended their call.)

 

          Jeonghan was watching with his baby Dino, while being massaged by his prince on his hand. Cheol came in to the living room to remind them to sleep early because they have appointments early in the morning.

 

Seungcheol:

Guys, sleep early today. I’m giving you until 9.

Please use our room tonight. Okay?

(As he noticed that they kept on sleeping in the living room for the past few days.)

 

Sebongies:

Yes, leader.

 

          Seungcheol took his shower first before listing their new schedule. He re-arranged some of it, so that they would know who will be joining the same van. He finished his planning at around 8 in the evening, and suddenly shouted out loud calling for somebody.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan!

(After a few seconds.)

Hannie-yah!

 

Jeonghan:

(Heard it.)

Why?

(He answered loudly.)

 

Seungcheol:

Come here!

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, just a minute!

(He asked for a few minute to finish the drama they were watching.)

 

Seungcheol:

(He was in the room and realized that Jeonghan wasn’t coming.)

Yoon-Jeong-Han!

 

Joshua:

You better go. I think he wants you to sleep early.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, I’ll sleep beside you.

 

SeungCheol:

(Shouted his name again like a commander.)

Yoon! Jeong! Han!

Come here!

 

Dino:

(Laughing out loud)

Looks like daddy is calling you.

(Accepted that Cheol was the commander of their team.)

Don’t get him mad.

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed)

But, it’s just 8! Can’t I finish this (drama) thing?

(The film was about to finish in 15 minutes.)

 

Jihoon:

Go now, hyung. Besides you need it too. You have a shooting tomorrow and you need to be there early in the morning.

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed.)

I know, I know.

Good night, guys!

(He walked in a slow manner.)

 

Everyone:

Good night, hyung!

 

Mingyu:

I’ll sleep too!

Hey, Seungkwan-ah, let’s sleep now. We need a lot of energy tomorrow!

(Mingyu, Jeonghan, and Seungkwan were going to participate in a variety show early the next day.)

 

Seungkwan:

Yes, hyung!

(He immediately join them.)

 

          The other boys were also forced to sleep early because Cheol asked them too, besides, they were also sleepy because of their stressful workshop that afternoon. They felt like they ran out of energy just like they were practicing their dances the whole day. They turned off their lights and slept immediately.

 

 

 NOTE:

“Half Brothers” Coming Soon.

          : SeungcheolxJeonghan

“The Orphans” Coming Soon.

          : DKxSeungkwanxVernonxDino

“The Devil’s Tears” Coming Soon.

          : WonwooxMingyu

“The Traitor is the Hero” Coming Soon.

          : JoshuaxJunxSoonYoungxJihoonxThe8

 

… but not too soon. :D haha! I inserted some of the scenes here to give you a short description of each stories.

 

Please let me know what you think. ;)

 

Thank you & I apologize for my grammar. ;D