세븐틴: Seungkwan’s Dream

Behind the Scenes: Cue

세븐틴: Seungkwan’s Dream

 

 

        The poor Sebongies arrived home late at night with low energy and empty stomach. They immediately searched for food and found Kalguksu with dumplings and Pajeon served on the table. The boys reheated their sumptuous meal and ate like they didn’t know each other. It was so quiet that night, maybe they were just hungry. Mingyu and Jeonghan came home seeing a bunch of savages in their dining room. They looked so mad eating a very homey and mild food.

 

Jeonghan:

(Giggled)

What happened to you, guys?

 

Mingyu:

If you want more dumplings, just reheat the ones inside the refrigerator.

 

        Hoshi and DK raided the poor refrigerator, pulling all the food that they could possibly eat. They acted like that because: firstly, their work was so exhausting; secondly, the Kalguksu, dumplings, and pajeon were so irresistible; and lastly, it’s been a while since they ate a homemade food. It felt so refreshing and fulfilling.

 

Seungcheol:

(He noticed that the two arrived.)

Han-ah, Mingyu-yah, where have you been?

 

Mingyu:

We’re already here 30 minutes ago, hyung.

(Exaggerating)

 

Jeonghan:

Yah! Didn’t you notice us a while ago? We were asking you something but you won’t answer. You’re busy consuming your food!

We went to a café to meet Hansol’s dad.

 

Seungcheol:

I see.

 

 

Hoshi:

Kiyaaaaaaah!

(A sound of a man who’s tasting a very exquisite cuisine.)

Yah! Mingyu-yah! Did you cook all of these?

 

Mingyu:

Yes!

(Proud of himself)

 

Seungkwan & DK:

Daebak!!!

Ming-chef, you’re the best!

 

Joshua:

This is very good!

Fantastic!

(Complimented Mingyu with a twinkling eyes)

 

Jihoon:

Great job, Mingyu-yah!

 

        Everyone was delighted with their very delicious, cooked-with-love meal. Especially, when Mingyu presented them the cake given by Mr. JinWoo. Their eyes were glittering as they gulped, craving for the sweet desert.

 

Seungkwan:

What a nice day!

(He rejoices.)

 

        The boys got their own spoon and plates to ask for a slice of cake. They ate it merrily and it made their mind and body alive again from a hectic schedule. After their delightful feast, they did not forget to thank Mingyu for a very mouth-watering food. The boys were very grateful for having Mingyu in their group. Meanwhile, the prince was delighted with their praises and appreciation of what he did.

 

How could they possibly survive without Mingyu by their side?

 

        Of course, after eating, there goes a pile of dishes. Seeing the boys so exhausted from work, the angel volunteered to wash the dishes and let them do what they had to do.

 

Jeonghan:

I will wash the dishes, so better go and take your shower then, rest.

 

Sebongies:

Thank you, hyung.

 

Seungcheol:

Be sure to take a rest after you wash the dishes. I’m sorry I can’t help you. My eyes are giving up.

 

Jeonghan:

You should rest now, Leader-nim.

Have a good night.

 

Seungcheol:

Thank you.

You too.

 

        Cheol smiled at him; even though, he was not in a good shape. He was really tired due to his lack of sleep for several days as of the moment. He kissed Jeonghan’s forehead tenderly and greeted him good night once again before going to bed. Jeonghan knew that he was doing a lot of work for their team, especially for him. Watching Cheol walking far from the kitchen he became worried about his health and just hope that Cheol wouldn’t abuse his body.

 

By then, he was alone, washing their dishes in the kitchen, when his blindness occurred again. He held the sponge covered with bubbles tightly and bit his lips in annoyance. He was disappointed of himself. He feel down because he’s so useless, that he couldn’t do any work properly. Slowly, it was sinking in to him that he was a burden to their group and he couldn’t do anything to lighten up the situation. Jeonghan waited for his eyesight to come back; however, after a few minutes of waiting, it did not return. The more time he consumed in waiting, the more he’s becoming disappointed of himself.

 

        One moment, The8 who’s done with his refreshing shower, saw his angel standing beside the sink. He knew something was wrong, so he observed him from a distance. The fairy concluded that his angel needs some help. He acted cool by approaching Jeonghan; though, he felt sad for him.

 

The8:

Hyung!

 

        Jeonghan was startled and composed his expression and smiled back at The8; even though, he couldn’t see a little hint of his fairy’s shadow. The only clue he had was The8’s voice. He looked carefully on his direction and followed the sound of his loud steps getting close to him.

 

        The fairy touched his chin on Jeonghan’s shoulder from his back and wrapped his slender arms around the thin framed man in front of him.

 

The8:

I’ll give you a hand.

(Offered his strength willingly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Minghao-yah, are you not going to bed?

 

The8:

I just finished taking a shower. I can’t sleep yet because I have to dry my hair first.

(With a happy tone, but his face was filled with sorrow and pity for his hyung.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m totally fine.

 

        The8 wouldn’t listen to his beautiful hyung and grabbed his hands holding the sponge and lift a plate using his other hand.

 

The8:

(He started to tell a story from their work experience to keep Jeonghan entertained.)

You know hyung, today, I think my pelvic bone broke…

(He giggled; though, he was still monitoring his hyung’s reaction.)

 

        The8 planned to tell everything that happened to him, so he won’t notice that he was helping him washing the dishes. Minghao was so concerned with his angel that he was worried that he’d blame himself for everything; that he felt sad because of what’s happening to him.

 

Jeonghan;

(Curious of The8’s everyday adventure.)

Why?

 

The8:

I was supposed to jump on the roof when suddenly, the harness slipped down to my lower leg. My legs got stretched, luckily I managed to prevent my legs from ripping apart.

(He laughed as he remembered how embarrassing it was.)

That’s humiliating!

Aigoo~

 

Jeonghan:

But are you okay now?

(He became worried)

 

The8:

Of course!

 

        The8 continued to tell his tale to Jeonghan while the beauty listened to him attentively. It took them a short time before they finished a pile of dishes. The8 made Jeonghan faced him slowly and held his two hands.

 

The8:

Hyung, I will be your guardian tomorrow. Can I ask you for a date again?

I miss you.

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled)

Alright. I will try my best to finish early tomorrow.

 

The8:

I just want a little time with you.

(He smiled.)

I’ll accompany you to your room.

 

        The moment they reached the door of Jeonghan’s room. The8 kissed his angel on his forehead which surprised the older ones.

 

The8:

Good night! Have a sweet dreams, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

I will because I will dream of you.

 

        The8 was delighted with his Jeonghan’s sweet voice. Minghao walked him in their room and assisted him to his bed because all of his roommates were already in their deepest of dreams.

 

        The next morning, Jun, Jeonghan, and Minghao prepared to meet the movie director in a restaurant near Insadong for newly revised scripts.

 

        Seungcheol who was helping Mingyu with washing the veggies for their breakfast, noticed them. A question taunted his mind as he saw Jun dressing up too. Cheol knew that his shooting was scheduled in the afternoon.

 

Seungcheol:

Jun-ah.

 

Jun:

(Froze upon hearing his hyung’s call)

Why hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

(Froze too.)

Why?

 

Seungcheol:

Why is he preparing?

Jun, Are you going with them in their meeting?

 

Jun:

Yes, hyung.

(He was perspiring a lot)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh!

Ummm…

(Initiated the explanation.)

Cheol, he’s going to do a stunt with me because my partner can’t come. I forgot to tell you that he will be part of the movie as a warrior… He’ll just do a cameo. The director said he’s still needed in the meeting to discuss something.

 

Seungcheol;

Really?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah, because, hyung (the stuntman) got a serious injury during his last shoot and he’s still confined in the hospital.

(Went for a further explanation.)

He-he…

 

Jun:

I practiced the stunts with hyung, so the director just asked me if I could fill in his role. It’s just a short appearance, though.

 

Seungcheol:

Alright. Take care.

Make sure you make it in time at your location.

 

Jun:

Yes, hyung.

 

 

        Jeonghan and Jun connected their gazes and felt relieved that Cheol did not ask further questions anymore. The8 noticed their weird actions and suspected that they were hiding something, but they won’t tell. He was intrigued and willing to do anything just to discover it.

 

        The casts, producers and director met inside a restaurant in Insadong. The8 waited at another table with the staffs while eating. Meanwhile, the director and the writer explained the newly revised story line.

 

Director:

Okay, let’s continue that (JunxJeonghan) scene. That’s final. Okay?

 

        Jeonghan and Jun let out a deep sigh. They’re hopeless. How could they possibly accept their fate after the movie? They were so stressed dealing with their future life at the moment.

 

Director:

(He continued)

So, Jeonghan, you’re role will upgrade. We made it one of the main protagonist.

(Looked at Jeonghan seriously.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Felt so much pressure with the director’s serious gaze.)

H-how will—

(Loss of words.)

 

        They discussed the plot and ending further, yet Jeonghan was still absent minded.

 

Director:

About your other kissing scene, Jeonghan… InSung will take care of that. Just follow him, okay?

(He advised the young, innocent boy who was still lost out of nowhere.)

Jeonghan!

(He called)

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, director-nim?

(Finally, Jeonghan returned back to reality.)

 

        On the other hand, Jun was bothered by the director’s words “InSung will take care of that.” He felt threatened over those words, making his wild imagination think of possible dangerous things that might happen. He remained quiet because he has no right to ask questions since he’s not really a part of the team.

 

Director:

Jun!

 

Jun:

(He was alerted)

Yes, sir!

 

Director:

I’m going to extend your appearance in the movie… just a little.

(He smiled)

I will talk to your manager about it.

 

Jun:

Oh. Okay.

 

        The director handed them over the scripts together with the schedule and target dates. The two boys panicked and brought out their schedule too and check if the date would match.

 

Director:

Jeonghan, send the other copy to Mr. Seungcheol, so that he’d know your schedule.

 

Jeonghan:

(Puzzled)

Why sh-

I must erase some words here.

(Worried that Cheol might see their scenes.)

 

Director:

I promised him that I will update everything.

(He smiled)

Such a sweet man.

Tell him to talk to me personally. I’ll meet him after our shooting tonight.

 

        He didn’t know why but somehow, he felt so nervous of their meeting. He nodded and continued to check the list of their schedules and scenes. Jun was startled with what he saw and told Jeonghan about it.

 

Jun:

Look!

 

DIRECTOR’S LIST: NEW REVISED SCRIPT W/ GUARDIAN:

 

DATE

TIME

LOCATION

SCENE

July 17, 2017

01:00pm-onwards

(SEUNGCHEOL)

Hanok Village

-Ah-In, HyeJin, Jeonghan’s plan

-Ah-In’s chase

-Jeonghan’s mission as Gisaeng

-Meeting of Jun and Jeonghan at Gisaeng’s house.

July 18, 2017

07:00am-12:00nn

(NONE)

Forest

-InSung, HyeJin, and SooHyun secret meeting and fight scene with the enemies.

July 19, 2017

01:00pm-onwards

(WONWOO)

Palace

-HyeJin-InSung Meeting

-SeungRok and JiHyo engagement

July 23, 2017

07:00am- 01:00pm

(MINGYU)

Palace

-SooHyun and Jeonghan’s plan

-SeungRok and Jeonghan

July 25, 2017

10:00am- onwards

(JIHOON)

Palace

-SooHyun and Ah-In’s mission

InSung and JinHee’s confrontation.

-InSung’s instruction to Jeonghan and HyeJin

July 27, 2017

05:00pm-onwards

(VERNON&SEUNGKWAN)

Hanok Village

-The brother’s (HyeJin and Jeonghan) freedom *InSung and Jeonghan’s Kissing Scene

July 29, 2017

05:00am-onwards

(SEUNGCHEOL)

Hanok Village- Palace

-Execution of revolt

Insung and SooHyun’s first strike

  … So on and so forth.

 

    

        Upon seeing their schedule, the two boys’ became pale as they saw Seungcheol’s name written on the paper with their fight scene together. They swallowed their saliva heavily and asked the director to ask their leader that it’s okay if he wouldn’t go since Jun was already at the scene with him. In addition, Jeonghan was worried about his two babies (Vernon & Seungkwan) and asked the director not to let them watch the scene with InSung.

 

Jeonghan:

Director-nim, please do not let Vernon and Seungkwan watch the scene with InSung Hyung. They’re still babies.

(Sadden about their fate if they’d see those action. He was so worried that they would have trauma over it.)

 

Director:

Alright, alright.

(He let out a loud laugh.)

 

Jeonghan:

And InSung-hyung, please take care of me.

(His face wore an anxious face.)

 

InSung:

Don’t worry.

(Gave a magical wink.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m so scared.

 

InSung:

It’ll be fine.

(With a chill tone)

 

Jeonghan:

But how?

(He displayed a low energy mood by imagining his life and image after the show. it’s way too scary than his sickness.)

 

        They giggled except for the troubled Seventeen members- Jeonghan and Jun.

 

Jun:

(Became brave and asked a question because he couldn’t hold it anymore.)

What about your kiss?

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t ask. Don’t watch… and we’ll be fine.

 

HyeJin:

Invite them on the premier.

()

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t think I can go either, hyung.

(Blank stare with a heavy heart.)

 

Ah-In:

Yah! You should be proud of yourself. Only a few actors can do what you did!

I’m so proud of you, don’t you know that? It’s a very complicated role and you managed to do it beautifully!

(Cheered him)

 

Jeonghan:

(No matter how they cheer him, he still displayed an emotion with no soul.)

Yeah… sure.

(Sighed)

 

JinHee:

For me, son… you really did a great job and I know you will too in the future.

No joke! I mean, Ah-In is right. So don’t think what others will say. Be proud of your achievements. And don’t you think, it’s fun to know us?

 

Jeonghan:

(Startled with his father-in-set told him)

Oh! I’m glad… I’m really grateful that I’ve met you. I really am.

(He smiled gently.)

 

Director:

So are we good?

Don’t worry Jeonghan-ah. You’ll be fine.

(Winked)

 

Jun:

(Sighed heavily and asked himself.)

How about me?

 

        The director noticed it and tapped the boy’s head.

 

Director:

You’ll be fine too.

(He laughed.)

 

        The meeting was dismissed after an hour long talk. Jun immediately went to his shooting location.

 

 

-“The Prince and The Fool” Set-

 

        Everyone was rehearsing their next scene, the director was busy instructing the extras about the look and feel of the set, while Soo Hyun and Jeonghan was rehearsing their script.

 

SooHyun:

Han-ah?

(He noticed that Jeonghan was dozing off while memorizing their scripts together.)

Han-ah?

(He repeated his call while Jeonghan was busy sitting on a chair with his arms locked into the table to support his upper body. He giggled and tapped Jeonghan’s head gently.)

Hanie-yah… you okay?

 

Jeonghan:

(Half asleep.)

Mmmm? Mmm… yeah.

(Stretching his body.)

 

SooHyun:

(Found him cute.)

You must be tired.

 

Jeonghan:

Not really.

(He smiled; though, he couldn’t help his eyes from closing.)

 

SooHyun:

If you already memorized your script, then it’s okay not to rehearse anymore. I believe in you.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, five minutes.

 

SooHyung:

(Giggled)

Alright.

(Offered his shoulder’s as Jeonghan’s pillow for a while.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, hyung.

 

        The8 who was watching not from a far noticed that his hyung was dozing off again. He excused himself from the staffs and had the permission to enter the set.

 

The8:

Hi.

(He smiled politely)

Sorry, hyung but can I sit beside you?

 

SooHyung:

Sure.

 

        The8 took the hands of Jeonghan and checked his temperature and pulse. It seemed that everything’s okay so he let his angel sleep for a while. Jeonghan was already fast asleep when SooHyun became curious about the boys.

 

SooHyun:

The8-ssi…

 

The8:

Hyung, just call me The8.

 

SooHyun:

Alright.

Can I ask something?

 

Th8:

Anything, hyung.

 

SooHyun:

You’re all worried of him… is his sickness that threatening?

 

The8:

Ummm… he said, not for him, but…

(He checked if Jeonghan was really sleeping, based on his breathing, he really was.)

We’re still worried.

Coups-hyung wanted you to know about the nature of it, but he haven’t consulted Jeonghan-hyung about it yet.

 

SooHyun:

I think, it’s better for us to know, so if ever it might happen. We know what to do.

(He smiled)

 

The8:

We think so too.

Thank you hyung for taking good care of him.

(SooHyun found the8 mature, despite his cute and young appearance.)

He always take good care of us, but now, he needs us.

(He smiled with a sad tone.)

I want to take good care of him, so… I’m doing my best.

 

SooHyun:

What a nice relationship. Keep it up and you’ll be fine.

(He advised)

 

The8:

Thank you, hyung.

 

SooHyun:

(He found the fairy-boy cute.)

Feel free to talk to us. It’s fine. We’re family after all.

 

The8:

Yes, hyung. I will take note of that.

(Looked at Jeonghan’s face.)

He looked thinner.

(He was worried)

 

        SooHyun smiled beside them and waited for their turn to shoot quietly. The8 was the one who wake Jeonghan up.

 

The8:

Hyung, time to shoot.

 

Jeonghan:

Mmm? Oh, really?

 

SooHyun:

Get ready.

 

        Then, they began shooting their scene.

 

Director:

And action!

 

        While doing the scene, Jeonghan felt really strange. It was the first time he felt so hot inside his body; though, it was not painful at all. Upon delivering his lines, his vision became blurry and so he frowned his brows as his initial reaction. Then, he enlarged and blinked his eyes repeatedly as he was adjusting his vision. Sometime later, Jeonghan covered his nose as he felt something dripping.

 

        The director noticed his action and cut the scene immediately. The clueless angel looked on his palm and saw a red stain on it. The8 ran as fast as he could, while SooHyun assisted him.

 

SooHyun:

You okay?

 

The8:

Hyung!

 

        Jeonghan couldn’t seem to hear anything, his vision was completely blurry and in a matter of seconds, he fainted.

 

        Medical staffs came rushing and checked on him. The8 was extremely worried about the blood came from his nose. It was the first time he saw it. Unconsciously, he dialled the doctor’s number to ask what to do. As soon as the doctor answered the fairy’s call, he heard some familiar language, yet he couldn’t comprehend at all. All he knew that that call was urgent because of the tone of his words.


Doctor:

Hello?

Calm down.

(Tried to calm down the person over the phone.)

Hello?

What’s the matter?

 

The8:

(Continued to speak in Chinese)

Doc, there’s something wrong with Jeonghan-hyung…

(Continued speaking with a fast pace.)

 

Doctor:

(Upon hearing Jeonghan’s name, he assumed that it must be one of their members. He recalled that they also have Chinese members too.)

Please calm yourself first.

 

HyeJin:

The8, please calm down.

 

The8:

(Realized that he was speaking Chinese and became embarrassed. Nevertheless, he calmed himself and set his speaking language again in Korean.)

Oh, I apologize.

Doctor, its The8… Jeonghan-hyung is unconscious right now and his nose is bleeding. What should we do?

 

Doctor:

Have you checked everything?

 

The8:

Yes, everything is normal.

 

Doctor:

If he doesn’t wake up after a few minutes and his nosebleed does not stop immediately. Bring him here.

 

The8:

Okay. Thank you.

 

SooHyun:

(Trying to wake Jeonghan who was unconscious on his arms)

Jeonghan-ah… Han-ah…

(Patted Jeonghan’s cheeks gently.)

 

        Thank goodness, Jeonghan’s nosebleeding stopped immediately. It’s just that he’s still unconscious. Minghao assisted Jeonghan together with SooHyun. The director was in state of panic that time, so he kept on shouting at the staffs to get something, even if he had no idea what to get. The actors calmed him down as Jeonghan started to regain consciousness. After a few seconds of analysing everything that happened, he understood that he caused so much inconvenience. He then, immediately apologized.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh my~

(He bowed his head to all of them)

My apologies.

 

        It was the first time he fainted on set, so everyone became worried. The director talked to Jeonghan afterwards and asked him if he could just give the details of his illness together with their leader during the dinner.

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, director. I’m really sorry.

 

Director:

Might as well, tell the others too.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. I’m really sorry.

 

Director:

It’s alright as long as you’re fine.

I know you’re reluctant of telling us your condition, but how can we protect you if you keep on hiding something to us?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, Director.

(Felt guilty)

 

        Jeonghan was a bit down that moment because he, again, made everybody worry about him. Nevertheless, he performed well in their shooting, so they would not worry much. The8, on the other hand, was talking to his hyung’s doctor to tell him that Jeonghan was fine, but it still worried him that his nose bled.

 

        They finished his scene at around 11:30 in the morning, so The8 find a time to have a date with his angel. He excitedly grabbed the hands of the beautiful creature beside him and took his things and get ready for their private moment.

 

The8:

(Showed that he was very excited)

Hyung, where do you want to eat?

 

Jeonghan:

What do you want to eat?

 

The8:

Hmmm, you want to eat Jjajangmyeon?

 

Jeonghan:

(He became hungry after hearing that delicious meal.)

Sure!

(Jeonghan was curious if The8 was worried about him.)

Minghao?

 

The8:

Mmm?

 

Jeonghan;

Are you worried about me?

 

The8:

(He was always honest with his answers with his angel.)

Of course.

(He smiled faintly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Does it still bother you?

(The8 was one of the manliest and mature member, so Jeonghan felt that despite his age, he should talk to him like a real man.)

 

The8:

Yes.

(Gave a straight answer.)

Does it worry you that much?

(He smiled charmingly while holding Jeonghan close to him as they walked along the street.)

 

Jeonghan:

Of course.

 

The8:

But it will bother me more if I’m not thinking about you.

(He looked sincerely to Jeonghan who has already the same height as his.)

Hyung, you know how much I love and care for you. Please let me worry about you… at least it won’t make me feel useless at all.

(He was serious; though, his smile displays fondness to his hyung.)

 

Jeonghan:

You really like me, don’t you?

(.)

 

The8:

Of course! You’re my one and only angel.

(Teased his hyung too.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you. I love you too~

 

The8:

(Looked up in the sky)

Hyung, when you are sleeping, do you dream?

 

Jeonghan:

(Paused for a while as he thought of it.)

Hmmm?

(He smiled)

Yeah.

(Answered the fairy’s question confidently.)

 

The8:

What dream do you usually dream?

 

Jeonghan:

A good dream.

A very good dream.

 

The8:

I assume you will answer that you dreamt of me?

(Knew his Hyung’s strategy)

 

Jeonghan:

(Giggled)

Eeeeiii~ you know me!!!

I’m always happy when I dream of everybody.

 

The8:

(Smiled)

It’s much happier when it’s not only a dream. Don’t get fooled by it.

(Looked again to Jeonghan)

 

        Jeonghan was surprised of how mature The8 would act even if the members were present. Although, his appearance seemed weak and cute, his way of thinking is different.

 

The8:

We’re here.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

(Blushed with The8’s blossoming smile.)

Alright.

 

        They entered the restaurant and ordered two servings of Jjajangmyeon with steamed mandu. It was The8’s treat and he’d not let Jeonghan pay for anything. While waiting for the food, the fairy couldn’t help but to play with the soft and silky hands of his pretty hyung and look at his face.

 

Jeonghan:

(Noticed that The8 was the type of man who would let you feel that you’re loved and protected.)

Minghao-yah… thank you for taking me out again.

 

The8:

I should be the one thanking you for going out with me again.

It’s my pleasure.

(Winked)

 

        The serious yet loving The8 focused only on Jeonghan while having a little chat.

 

Jeonghan:

The8…

You’re making me feel like I am a lady.

 

The8:

Does it annoy you?

(Asked carefully.)

 

Jeonghan:

Not at all. All of you are doing it to me ever since I came out of the hospital.

(Pouted his lips.)

 

The8:

()

Isn’t that nice?

(Chuckled)

 

Jeonghan:

Well?

Yeah. I feel so much love from each of you.

(Paused for a while)

The8…

 

The8:

Yeah?

 

 

Jeonghan:

I am just curious…

If I am a girl…

 

The8:

Definitely!

(He answered so fast even though Jeonghan did not finished his sentence yet.)

 

Jeonghan:

Really?

(He giggled)

You’re pretty sure of my question?

What if you’re wrong?

 

The8:

I will never be wrong.

(He’s confident once again.)

 

Jeonghan:

Why is that so?

 

The8:

Because I think that you are to ask…

“If I am a girl, do you think, I am beautiful?” my answer is: yes!

“If I am a girl, do you think, you will feel the same way towards me?”-yes~

“If I am a girl, do you think, I’m attractive?” –yes!

“If I am a girl, do you think you’ll fall for me?” –yes!

“If I am a girl, do you think, will I choose you as my boyfriend and or future husband?” –Definitely yes!

I will make you marry me. That’s what I told you before, right?

(He laughed)

Even if you’re still Yoon Jeonghan, everything I thought has the same answers.

 

Jeonghan:

Really now.

Don’t you look at me as a man?

(Worried that he acts too feminine for him to think like that.)

I would be very troubled if you don’t.

 

The8:

You are very manly, hyung. In fact you are my idol.

(Stared at Jeonghan with his smiling eyes.)

But then, you’re such an attractive person, makes me want to protect and love you every time I see you.

(That honest question made Jeonghan’s face red.)

 

Jeonghan:

Wow! I feel so much special.

You surprise me every time, Minghao yah.

 

The8:

I’ll keep you entertained as long as you need me, hyung.

You can rely on me.

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled as he felt touched.)

Thank you so much.

I’m always here for you.

 

The8:

Make sure of that, hyung.

(He became serious)

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll work on it.

(Knew what he meant.)

 

        Jjajangmyeon and dumplings came between them with a very pleasant aroma that pleased their appetite more. They finished it in an instant, filling their stomachs full and satisfied.

 

The8:

(Looked at the time)

Hyung, we should get going.

 

Jeonghan:

Right!

Will the driver fetch you?

 

The8:

Yes.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, The8.

 

The8:

You’re welcome.

 

        They got home immediately. The8 was supposed to leave immediately but he couldn’t leave Jeonghan alone in the house. He was very unwilling to leave his princess behind because he’s worried that his illness might strike again.

 

Jeonghan:

The8, you must go. You’ll be late.

 

The8:

I’m worried.

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t be. Wonwoo is on his way here. He’ll take care of me.

(Touched The8’s face.)

 

        Minghao gave Wonwoo a call to know how fast he could get into their house.

 

The8:

Hyung! What time will you arrive here?

 

Wonwoo:

1 hour, I think.

 

The8:

Okay then, take care.

 

Wonwoo:

I’ll call Han-hyung so I can monitor him. You can go now.

(He knew that he was worried too.)

 

The8:

Okay.

 

Wonwoo:

Take care.

 

        The8 left Jeonghan with a kiss on his forehead. Meanwhile, after Minghao called Wonwoo, the fox immediately called Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan;

That was fast?

 

Wonwoo:

You okay?

(With a cold voice)

 

Jeonghan;

Yup.

 

Wonwoo:

Be there with in an hour so stay with me.

 

Jeonghan:

Yes sir.

(He smiled)

 

Wonwoo:

What are you doing?

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing. Talking to you.

 

Wonwoo:

Did you eat your lunch?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. With The8. You?

 

Wonwoo:

Not yet. I will buy chicken and cola.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh boy, that sounds great… but I’m still full, Wonwoo yah.

 

Wonwoo:

You won’t be if you smell the chicken.

 

        Unexpectedly, their conversation lasts pass half an hour. Jeonghan excused himself to go to the bathroom first and take a shower because, he’s feeling sticky. Wonwoo did not allow, however, Jeonghan insisted. After a few minutes, Jeonghan called Wonwoo, so he won’t be worried.

 

Wonwoo:

Why it took you so long?

(He scolded Jeonghan)

 

Jeonghan:

(Explained himself)

Because, I took a bath, Mr. Jeon Wonwoo.

You’re even slower than I am!

(He scolded him too.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Giggled)

I get it.

(He opened the van’s door to go and buy chicken)

Hyung, I’m going to buy chicken now. Maybe, after 10 minutes, I’ll be there.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

Then we should hang now?

 

Wonwoo:

Not yet.

Stay with me.

 

Jeonghan;

Even if we don’t have anything more to say?

 

Wonwoo:

Yes.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright. I’ll just get a glass of water.

 

Wonwoo;

Okay.

 

        After standing up, blood came rushing out again from his nose. He opened the faucet and cleaned his face. It worried him that he had two consecutive nose bleeds in a day and was thinking that he just overworked for the past few days. Meanwhile, the wolf couldn’t hear his hyung’s sweet voice for a minute and missed him.

 

Wonwoo:

Hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

Mmm?

(Still washing his nose until it stopped)

 

Wonwoo:

What are you doing?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m washing my face.

 

Wonwoo:

Okay.

 

Jeonghan:

Do you miss me?

 

Wonwoo:

Mmm…

(Agreed)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, then come here quickly.

 

Wonwoo;

I will. On my way.

 

Jeonghan:

(Relieved that his nosebleed stopped.)

Take care.

 

Wonwoo:

I will.

 

        In the background, Wonwoo could hear Jeonghan moving around, he could even hear their refrigerator’s sound. After a few seconds, the call was cut. Wonwoo called again and it was answered immediately, but he heard no voice, just a little unexplainable noise. He kept on saying hello, but he receive no response. The moment he stepped on their door, he searched for the poor angel immediately. He headed to the kitchen and dropped their food carefully on the table. He was about to go out, when he saw Jeonghan’s hand behind the table. Wonwoo panicked and quickly went to him.

 

        That time, Jeonghan felt numb that he couldn’t move his body. He couldn’t even speak momentarily. Wonwoo lifted Jeonghan carefully and the tension he was feeling loosen when he saw his hyung conscious.

 

Wonwoo:

What happened?

(His breathing became rapid)

 

Jeonghan:

W-won-woo yah.

(Forced himself to talk)

Lift me up.

M-my bo-dy’s numb.

 

        He automatically carried Jeonghan to sit on the chair.

 

Jeonghan:

Let me stand.

(His numbness began to subside)

 

Wonwoo:

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Just assist me. Don’t put me down unless I say so.

 

        Wonwoo obeyed Jeonghan’s instruction. He pulled the thin framed beauty gently against his well-built body and secured him with his strong arms, wrapping the weak ones with his gentlest and warmest embrace.

 

        Later on, Jeonghan began to feel the sting. A sting that was not familiar with his body yet. It started crawling from the tip of his fingers slowly reaching his fragile heart. The pain felt like a hot water flowing in each of his veins. It’s like a poison, a venom, killing him slowly. His grip on Wonwoo’s shirt became tight as he felt a sudden twinge conquering his lungs. He felt so hot like hell and began perspiring all over his body. He then, started to chase after his breath, clutching his chest in the midst of torture. It was the most painful attack he had ever experienced so far, that he couldn’t handle it. His knees began to tremble, wanting to give up, but he remained strong and carried himself with the help of Wonwoo. Few seconds later, he howled as the sensation of pain continued to torment his weak body.

 

 

On the other hand, Wonwoo who was witnessing Jeonghan’s suffering held him tight. He felt useless that every time Jeonghan needs him, he could do nothing but to watch him in distress. Every cry makes him weak, every tears makes his fragile heart break. The sound of his angel’s suffering voice tortured the emotionless man who’s standing strong against him. He realized that something was blocking his vision and looked up, but he couldn’t hold his tears back and pour steadily through his cheeks. He felt suffocated by the situation. He couldn’t look at Jeonghan, he didn’t want to hear him cry, and he did not want him to suffer anymore. If he could just take away his pain, he would. But what could he do? Nothing! The sadness he’s feeling that moment was so deep, deep enough to wound his heart gravely.

 

        The two brave men tried to do their best to bear the suffering that lasted almost an hour before the sting subsided completely. Jeonghan took a deep breath as the torture went off his body and gathered his strength to speak.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo-yah…

(With a weak, almost inaudible voice.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Wiped his tears discreetly)

Mmmn?

(With a deep cold voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Tried to lighten the atmosphere)

Did I make you cry?

 

Wonwoo:

No.

(He gave Jeonghan a very short answer to cover his weak and shaky voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Knew that he definitely cried as he felt it through his skin a moment ago.)

Are you sure?

 

Wonwoo:

(Much shorter answer)

Mn.

 

Jeonghan:

(Tried to lift his head to look at Wonwoo)

Let me se-

 

        Wonwoo prevented Jeonghan to see his face, so he pressed the angel’s head down close to his chest and let him rest on his warm embrace for a while.

 

Wonwoo;

(Are you) okay now?

(He asked him as soon as he could control his voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m feeling cold.

 

Wonwoo:

What should I do now?

(Tried to hold on his shaky voice and pounding heart)

 

Jeonghan:

I want to go to bed and sleep.

 

Wonwoo:

Anything but that.

Let your temperature return to normal first.

 

Jeonghan:

I want to lay down.

 

Wonwoo:

Okay.

 

        He carried his fragile hyung in bridal style but he made sure that his face was covered with his cold usual expression; though, his eyes were still tinted with a pinkish color due to his tears.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

(He rest his body to Wonwoo’s chest)

 

Wonwoo:

It’s nothing.

 

        He put Jeonghan on the bed carefully and lay beside him embracing the weaker one by his left arm with a blanket warming their bodies. He reached Jeonghan’s hands and held it tight and warm.

 

Wonwoo:

(With a deep merciless voice)

Yoon Jeong-Han, don’t dare sleep.

 

Jeonghan:

Tell me a story then.

(With a weak voice)

 

Wonwoo:

You should tell me. I will listen.

 

Jeonghan;

Alright.

The8 and I had a date earlier.

 

Wonwoo:

Mn? Then?

(Pressing Jeonghan’s cold hands while listening.)

 

Jeonghan:

(His mouth was shivering as his voice began to shake)

Then… we ate Jjajangmyeon and Mandu.

(He smiled although he’s feeling cold.)

It’s very delicious.

(He’s showing signs of coldness like he’s standing in the middle of snow without any jacket on.)

 

        Wonwoo felt that his temperature was becoming low. He looked at his beloved angel and lifted his body close to him more and embraced him firmly. Jeonghan looked up and saw Wonwoo’s face an inches close to him. The wolf was so tame that he did not do anything and just gave Jeonghan a warm stare.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo-yah, can you hold me tight?

(He asked him to do that to relieve the cold feeling)

 

Wonwoo:

Sure.

       

        Wonwoo positioned his body facing the beautiful hyung beside him, wrapped his arms around his body and touched Jeonghan’s head gently with his chin.

 

Wonwoo:

Is this okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Much better.

(Looked up again.)

Thank you.

(Paused for a while as he curled his body close to the man beside him.)

Is it okay if I don’t talk?

(His mouth was freezing)

 

Wonwoo:

(Smiled at him warmly)

Sure. Just make sure you look at me like that until your temperature is normal.

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled)

That’s easier.

 

        After a few minutes of non-ending staring, Wonwoo was aware that Jeonghan really felt sleepy, in addition to that, his temperature was becoming normal again. They just waited for it to be stabilized before he let Jeonghan sleep.

 

Wonwoo:

(After a few minutes of quietness, he spoke gently.)

Good night.

 

        He loosen his grasp on Jeonghan’s body and let him relax until he fell asleep on his chest. Wonwoo felt sad while looking at him. He brushed his thumb against Jeonghan’s soft hands and fell asleep as well.

 

        By the time Jeonghan woke up, he noticed that Wonwoo was sleeping beside him too. The moment he moved, the angel knew that he woke up the great wolf and reached his hand to his face; though, Wonwoo was still playing asleep.

 

Jeonghan:

What should I do?

(Problematic tone)

You look so y, uri Wonwoo yah…

Are you sick?

(He that because he said that he looks y when he’s sick.)

 

        Wonwoo still played like he was sleeping, so Jeonghan retreated his hands from Wonwoo’s face, just then, Wonwoo grabbed the angel’s hands and gently pressed his lips to it. Jeonghan was a bit surprised with his action and paused for a while before a small smile came out from his lips.

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s eat?

I’m hungry.

 

Wonwoo:

(Opened his eyes and looked at Jeonghan tenderly.)

I’m hungry too.  Haven’t eaten my lunch yet.

 

Jeonghan:

My bad.

(Felt guilty)

(Do) You feel sick?

 

Wonwoo:

A little.

 

Jeonghan:

Where?

(He’s worried about his gastritis)

 

Wonwoo:

(Grabbed his hands towards his chest)

Here.

(Looked at him with a serious expression)

 

Jeonghan:

It hurts a lot, is it?

 

Wonwoo:

Yeah.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry.

 

Wonwoo:

You’re sorry makes it hurt more.

 

Jeonghan:

(Panicked)

Thank you.

 

He smiled but he noticed that Wonwoo was still sad, so he paid his kindness with soft kiss on his forehead.

 

Wonwoo:

Much better.

(He smiled with a weak voice)

How about you?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m good.

 

Wonwoo:

Then good.

Let’s eat now. I’m hungry.

 

        Jeonghan went off to bed while Wonwoo was waiting for his hyung to look at him. When Jeonghan felt that no one was following him, he looked back and saw Wonwoo still lying on the bed.

 

Jeonghan:

Yah, Wonwoo, c’mon, let’s eat!

(Jeonghan went back to pull Wonwoo up)

You feeling really bad?

 

Wonwoo:

Nope.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Then what?

 

Wonwoo:

Nothing…

Just pull me up.

 

Jeonghan:

Gosh!

This guy, really?!

 

        The two finally got up and went to the kitchen and ate a dozen of chicken paired with cola.

 

Wonwoo;

(At the back of his mind)

Why does it have to be you?

(He called Jeonghan’s attention with his sincerest gaze.)

Hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

What?

 

Wonwoo:

Jeonghan-hyung…

 

Jeonghan:

What? Say it, Wonwoo-yah.

 

Wonwoo:

(At the back of his mind)

I want to protect you.

(Answered Jeonghan’s annoyed voice.)

Nothing, just eat plenty.

__________

 

Tonight, Tomorrow, Everyday

Written by: Paola Gene C. Uy                                                           06-14-2017

 

(WONWOOxJEONGHAN)

 

Every time you’re out of my sight,

Or even if I only close my eyes,

I miss you.

Every hour, every minute, every second

I miss you. I miss you.

 

This desire my heart feels

Makes me wanna hold you in my arms.

 

From this day on,

I’ll be honest with you,

I love you.

Tonight, tomorrow, everyday

I love you. I love you.

 

*Chorus

You and I together is not impossible.

But I know, it’s not gonna be easy.

It’s a battle I must fight.

It’s a war I must win.

I will fight, fight until I win your heart

And declare to you

Tonight, tomorrow, everyday

That I love you, I love you

And forever I’ll love you. I’ll love you.

 

This love I cannot hide from you.

I wanna show you how much

I need you.

Every hour, every minute, every second

I need you. I need you.

 

This desire my heart feels

Makes me wanna kiss your lips.

 

This love I can’t deny.

I must admit that you conquered my soul.

And I surrender to you.

I offer you my life

I surrender. I surrender myself to you.

 

*Chorus

You and I together is not impossible.

But I know, it’s not gonna be easy.

It’s a battle I must fight.

It’s a war I must win.

I will fight, fight until I win your heart

And declare to you

Tonight, tomorrow, everyday

That I love you, I love you

And forever I’ll love you. I’ll love you.

 

Every second, I miss you.

Every moment, I adore you.

Every day, I need you.

No matter what, I surrender myself to you.

Tonight, tomorrow, everyday

I love you, I love you

And forever I will always love you, love you.

 

__________

 

 

        As usual, after eating, idle mode. The two boys were so focused with the drama they’re watching while waiting for the others to be back, that’s why they were surprised when someone rang their doorbell. Wonwoo got up and opened the door, only to find out that it was someone whom he’s not familiar with.

 

Wonwoo:

Good evening, how can I help you?

 

Director:

I am director Lee Joon-Ik. Is Seungcheol there?

 

        Hearing upon it, Jeonghan rushed to the door and greeted him.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh! Director-nim… What bri-

(He quivered after seeing some of the actors behind him, while Wonwoo became speechless)

Come in.

 

Wonwoo:

(Bowed his head to them and greeted them politely.)

Nice to see you.

 

Director:

(Tapped Wonwoo’s head)

Nice meeting you.

Aigoo~ What a handsome young man.

 

Jeonghan:

I thought, we will meet at a café later?

 

Director:

I called Coups and said that I planned to visit your house, so I came here. He said he was on his way.

I thought that he’d arrive first.

 

HyeJin:

We finished earlier so we planned to drop by as well.

 

Ah-In, InSung, SooHyun, and JiHyo:

Hi!

 

JiHyo:

Jeonghan-ah, I came to visit you because I’m worried from what I heard earlier.

(She brought food for them boys as well)

 

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, okay. Thank you, noona.

 

        Wonwoo invited them to come in and offered them something to drink.

 

Director:

So, Jeonghan, please start telling us about your sickness.

 

        Before he started, Coups and the babies entered the house with pizza for all of them. He was surprised upon seeing them there and was embarrassed because he was a little late.

 

Seungcheol:

Sorry, I’m late.

 

Director:

It’s okay. We’re just early.

C’mon! Let’s eat.

 

        They gathered at the dining table and talked about it with Jeonghan. He was embarrassed to tell them everything, especially that he knew that the treatment would change. He wanted no special attention but he really needs to be monitored.

 

        After hearing the details of his condition, they felt sympathy for the poor angel. Jeonghan was really shy of himself that made him lowered his head down.

 

Seungcheol:

Please take care of him.

(Bowed his head down for the favour he’s asking.)

 

HyeJin:

Don’t worry, we’ll take care of him.

 

Seungcheol:

Thank you.

 

Director:

So it’s some kind of a rare disease?

You should take care of yourself.

You should have told us about this! Kids these days. Tsk!

I am your father in the set, so you’re also my responsibility. It hurts when I see one of my sons, suffer even from a simple fever.

(Scolded Jeonghan)

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry.

 

InSung:

Feel free to approach us whenever you need us.

 

Ah-In:

Don’t be shy.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

 

Director:

Okay then, see you tomorrow. Prepare for your scene. Rest well.

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, director-nim.

 

Director:

Don’t feel pressure, okay?

 

JiHyo:

Director-nim, you already gave a pressure on him.

(Giggled)

 

Director:

(Laughed)

Did I?

(Made the atmosphere better)

Okay son. See you tomorrow…

Don’t worry, we’ll take good care of you.

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll be joining him tomorrow.

 

        Then, one by one, as the boys came in to their kitchen and start eating, they greeted their visitors politely. The visitors were all stunned as they see cute boys greeting them endlessly.

 

Director:

You sure are plenty in one house!

(Chuckeld)

Oh! Is tomorrow our shooting with Jun?

(Slipped his tongue)

 

Jeonghan:

(Alerted)

Oh!

No!

(Made an eye contact to their cute director as a threat.)

Director-nim, I will shoot that scene next week.

 

Director:

Oh!

Yeah.

Seungcheol-ssi, next week, no need for you to go, since Jun will be there too. Just rest here because I know you’re tired too.

(Went straight to the point)

 

Seungcheol:

(Without any doubt. He agreed)

Alright, sir.

 

Director:

I must go now.

(Looked at the other casts)

How about you, guys?

 

HyeJin and Jihyo:

I’ll stay for a while:

 

InSung:

I don’t mind staying here with you.

 

Ah-In:

I want to see join them too.

Go ahead, Director-nim. Have a good rest.

 

Jeonghan:

Have a good rest.

Good night!

 

        The director went ahead of them because he needs some good rest too. The others stayed in Sebongies’ place for a drink and a short chat, they wanted to know more about the famous boy group. Finally they got to meet the other boys.

 

        As usual, the visitors were intrigued of their daily lives and their fun chat turned into a casual interview. They exchanged experiences with everybody and laughed every time they tell a very amusing story.

 

        The actors went home early because they have work the next day. They hope that they could visit them again some other time.

 

-Seungkwan & Vernon Inside Their Room-

 

 

Seungkwan was still spacing, Vernon kept on noticing him since he began acting like that and approached him.

 

Vernon:

Hey!

 

Seungkwan:

(Startled)

Yoh!

 

Vernon:

Will you tell me what’s bothering you now? No one’s here.

 

Seungkwan:

It’s just a dream right?

 

Vernon:

Yeah. What is it about?

 

Seungkwan:

I dreamt of Hannie hyung.

(He started telling the story)

I saw him in a dark foggy forest,

(Sighed before he continued)

Then, in the middle of the garden with full of dead colored flowers and leaves, Jeonghan-hyung smiled at me and kissed me on the forehead.

Then… after a while… It’s getting colder…

Suddenly, I-i was in the middle of tall trees surrounding a bed of roses in the middle of the forest. It was so gloomy and I saw someone lying on the bed. He was wearing white and he was sleeping peacefully.

(He gulped as he became scared)

When I walked near it...

(His breathing went faster than usual.)

I-i- Vernon, I’m scared.

(Interrupted his explanation)

 

Vernon:

Go on.

(Though, he too became nervous upon hearing that kind of dream. He remembered the first time he talked about his dream of their first win, surprisingly, it came true.)

 

Seungkwan:

I saw Jeonghan-hyung lying on the bed covered with a box of glass. I began pushing and breaking the glass but it won’t work.

(He started shaking and he wanted to cry just by thinking of it.)

He- i- I can’t wake him up.

I’m afraid that Jeonghan-hyung will sleep forever.

 

Vernon:

(Embraced him and comforted him.)

It won’t happen. It won’t.