세븐틴: Auto-tune

Behind the Scenes: Cue

세븐틴: Auto-tune

 

       

        The next morning, the Sebongies were all gone except for Jeonghan and Jun. Jun has given a two day break, so it’s time for him to rest more. As per Jeonghan, he had no scheduled shooting for that day. The poor boys’ bodies were really beaten-up from the stunts they did yesterday. They woke up later in the afternoon; though, Jun was the first one to wake up.

 

        The reason why Jun woke up that late was because he couldn’t get over those kisses he did with his hyung in front of many people, from hands, neck, to lips. It bothered him so much up until at the moment when he was cooking, then suddenly, a burnt smell was spreading all over the kitchen. He burned the vegetable soup that he was reheating. It became a grilled vegetable on a pan.

 

        He immediately turned off the fire as soon as he came back to his senses. Again, the Chinese boy became still for a couple of moment, fixing his eyes in the air, while thinking of that moment.

 

Jeonghan:

(Walked to the kitchen and noticed the dazed Jun.)

Jun?

 

Jun:

Oh, hyung!

(He was surprised.)

Let’s eat our brunch.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

(Looked at the pan)

It’s burnt.

 

Jun:

(Acted cutely.)

Sorry.

 

        They ordered their food outside because they were really hungry. The two gorgeous young men stayed in their house the whole day. They were so bored so they decided to practice their stunts before they forgot.

 

        This time, they did it carefully, so no one would get hurt. It was really hard. They keep on rolling and hitting the wall but they got nothing but extra bruises, so they put on some mattress on their practice room.

 

Jun:

I’m disappointed with my body.

(Panting)

 

Jeonghan:

I think, it’s my fault.

(Smiled)

I’m tired.

But last one.

 

Jun:

If we perfected this, hyung, daebak!

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. I guess.

You’ll become the Bruce lee of Korea, Jun.

(Giggled)

Though, you’re Chinese.

 

Jun:

(Giggled)

Eeeeyyy~

 

        One last time, they practiced the stunts; moreover, they were concentrating on their expression and mood. They did not notice that The8 and the others came home. The ‘Traitor is the Hero’ casts finished early this time because Jun was not present. Jihoon and Joshua went straight to their warm beds and rest their aching body. Meanwhile, The8 and Hoshi were hearing sounds like there were someone rampaging their house somewhere.

 

The8:

(Frowned his brow out of suspicion)

What’s that, hyung?

 

Hoshi:

I don’t know.

Let’s find that out.

 

        On the other hand, the two boys who were busy killing each other in their practice room didn’t hear that somebody was approaching them.

 

        The sound was intense and they could also hear hot as chili scripts of pain and slaughter. The two donsaengs were surprised when they witnessed that Jeonghan and Jun were so close to each other; moreover, Jun looks like a maniac, trying to harass their angel.

 

        Jeonghan looked struggling on preventing Jun from coming closer to him while holding something and pointing it to Jun’s neck, which was their fake plastic props they used every time they practice. After a while, Jeonghan pushed Jun and went over him. Then, they stood up and do some unbelievable cool moves. It convinced the two innocent boys that they were fighting; though, never in their wildest dream that they could witness some action packed fight between them, enough to kill one.

 

The8:

Yah!

(He shouted)

Jun-hyung! What are you doing to Jeonghan-hyung?

 

        Hoshi just got his eyes big and became speechless.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, you already home?

(Panting with a very cute and calm face.)

 

Hoshi:

Why are you fighting like hell?

(Confused)

 

Jun:

That was his stunt. I’m helping him practice.

 

The8:

Really?

Don’t you hurt each other while doing it?

 

Jeonghan:

We did.

(Smiled)

But we’re fine.

 

Hoshi:

Woah! That’s intense, though.

I thought, you’re trying to kill each other.

 

The8:

I thought, Jun-hyung is harassing you. I’ll kill him myself.

(Thug Minghao appeared)

 

Jeonghan:

Aiyoo~ gwieopda. (So cute!)

 

Jun:

Let’s stop here, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

Can we do it one more time?

…because tomorrow you’re going to your shooting.

 

Jun:

Alright, no problem.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re not doing this because you have no choice, right?

Be honest.

 

Jun:

I’m totally fine with it.

(Smiled while wiping his sweat with his shirt.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Don’t worry. Just one last.

 

Hoshi:

Can we watch?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah?

Later. I wanna eat first. C’mon!

What did you bring us?

 

The8:

Chicken and cola.

 

Jeonghan and Jun:

Yes!

 

        Surprisingly, two of their babies went home earlier than expected. It was their cutie and jolly Seungkwanie and, their manly and charming Vernonie; however, it was not the old cutie and jolly Seungkwan they knew. He seemed to be tired and gloomy.

 

Jeonghan:

Seungkwanie~ Vernonie~

(Came running near the entrance since they already heard the voices of their two babies.)

 

        Jeonghan opened the door merrily, but then, he noticed that Seungkwan was a little down.

 

Jeonghan:

What happened?

 

Vernon:

He cut himself while climbing a fence. It’s bad, so I think it hurts him a lot.

 

Jeonghan:

Where?

 

Vernon:

There’s a big cut on his leg, but the medics already aided him and cleaned his wounds.

 

Jeonghan:

Omo!

(He was surprised to see a foot long slice on his lower leg.)

You alright, Seungkwanie? You look so sad. What’s the matter?

(Looked at Seungkwan’s face closely)

Does it hurt a lot? I’ll give you a lift.

Poor baby.

 

Seungkwan:

(He was not in the mood for the first time in history. He might get sad sometimes but he was never depressed before.)

I’m fine. I’ll take a rest.

(Smiled faintly.)

 

        He walked on his own going to their bedroom; even though, his leg hurts so much. He did not want to disturb anyone else, so he go to bed early and rest. Jeonghan and Vernon were worried about him.

 

Vernon:

Hyung?

Something’s wrong with him but I don’t know what it is. He won’t tell any of us.

Can you talk to him?

 

Jeonghan:

He’s like that ever since we started shooting our mini drama.

Did something happen?

 

Vernon:

I don’t know it’s just like we got scolded a lot, even up to these days.

I already asked his mom but she said, he haven’t called her yet.

 

Jeonghan:

Is that so?

Do you have shooting tomorrow?

 

Vernon:

Yes, but both of us will not go tomorrow because I can’t film without him. We’re always together on our scenes.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright. I will try my best to talk to him today, but I guess…

Maybe tomorrow?

I’m not sure if I can talk to him today, though.

 

Vernon:

I’m worried.

 

Jeonghan:

Me too. Actually, Coups, Joshua, and Jihoon noticed it also.

 

Vernon:

I’ll leave him to you, hyung. You have the power over Seungkwan.

I’m disappointed on myself because I couldn’t make him happy this time.

 

Jeonghan:

Sweet child.

Come here.

(Embraced him tightly)

Don’t worry, everything will be fine.

 

Vernon:

Hyung, how about you?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m just fine, Vernon. Don’t worry.

(Embraced him more.)

Have you eaten?

 

Vernon:

Nope. Not yet.

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s buy something for Seungkwan?

 

Vernon:

Sure.

(He smiled)

Hyung, I miss your embraces and voice.

(Buried his face on Jeonghan’s chest like what baby Hansol did and smelled the refreshing scent of his hyung.)

 

Jeonghan:

Then you miss this…

Whose Di cap-

(Halted his words and changed his nickname)

Whose baby are you?

(Tried it to Vernon since Chan doesn’t want to answer to it anymore.)

 

Vernon:

Chan will get angry at me because I will take over his nickname.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

I thought he doesn’t like it anymore. He’s not even answering it. He’s getting annoyed already.

(Giggled)

 

Vernon:

Just make him miss it. He’ll return to you.

(Giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll take your advice.

(Chuckled.)

Then, whose baby Di’ Caprio are you?

 

Vernon:

Am I degrading now?

(Gave him a memesol face.)

 

Jeonghan:

No. It’s because you’re like a toddler today.

 

Vernon:

I understand.

But you have to promise me not to record or announce this.

(Squeezed Jeonghan’s thin frame gently.)

Jeonghan hyung’s baby Di Caprio.

 

Jeonghan:

I promise.

 

Vernon:

(Added something new.)

I’m Jeonghan hyung’s baby Di Caprio.

Until…

Maybe forever.

(The usual quiet boy was so talkative and at the same time, innocent that day. He missed everything, even Seungkwan’s irritating talkativeness.)

 

Jeonghan:

You’re gullible today.

(He’s glad)

 

Vernon:

Then, take the opportunity, hyung.

(Joked him)

 

Jeonghan:

I will.

(Smirked)

 

Vernon:

Your smile is very dangerous.

(He smiled gently and rest his body to his Mommy-Han a bit before going out.)

 

 

        The two pretty boys walked down the street to buy some pizza for them to eat.  Jeonghan took the opportunity to lure and to tease the unguarded baby ‘Di Caprio that night, and it brought him happiness.

 

Vernon:

(Looked at his hyung’s gentle smile as he smiled back too.)

You know?

 

Jeonghan:

Hmmm?

 

Vernon:

You have the prettiest smile I’ve ever seen.

(He felt like floating in the air as he saw their angel’s magical smile. It’s so invigorating and it keeps him calm.)

 

Jeonghan:

Really?

(Surprised by Vernon’s attack.)

Thank you.

And you’re t-

(His words were paused because of Vernon’s abrupt interruption.)

 

Vernon:

Don’t speak such cheesy words in the middle of the crowd.

(Came back to his senses.)

 

Jeonghan:

You started it!

(Startled of Vernon’s sudden change.)

 

Vernon:

That’s enough for the day.

(Returned to the old Vernonie.)

 

Jeonghan:

Are you teasing me right now, Vernon?

You confused me.

 

Vernon:

(Giggled)

My gullible-ness has a time limit, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

(Got what he said)

Alright.

(He smiled.)

 

        They went back home with two big boxes of pizza with sodas, enough for everyone. They feast and ate joyously with a loud sound caused by their shouts and laughter because it was their free time. Meanwhile, Jeonghan never forgets his Seung-Cutie. He brought some pizza with him, and peaked first before entering their bedroom.

 

On the contrary, Seungkwan whose eyes are close, trying to look like he was sleeping already, but in the eyes of Mommy-Han, he knew that he’s not.

 

 

Jeonghan:

(Called him with a sweet voice.)

Seungkwanie?

I brought you some pizza. I know you like this one.

(Caressed the sad Seungkwan)

Its goguma pizza, your favourite!

 

        Seungkwan did not answer, so Jeonghan just watch him and his head gently until he had completely fallen asleep with the angel’s soft touches.

 

        The angel was worried because for the first time, one of his cherubs tried to hide his feelings from him. It was hard to see his dongsaengs sad, most especially the talkative one. He knew something was going on, and Jeonghan needs to know what it was.

 

        Soon after, the other members came home together. They came early because they have an interview the next day morning. They joined the other members who were still eating in the living room. They ate the pizza and toasts their cup of sodas with gusto. They enjoyed a sweet treat from their angel.

 

-Inside Sebongies Bedroom-

 

Seungkwan was having a dream, a bad dream, while traveling farther and deeper from his sleep. His facial expression changed. He was like someone who was bothered and scared about something. He had a sudden rapid eye movement, and his breathing became heavier that was similar with a body submerged in a dense body of water. After a few seconds, he could feel his heart beat was racing and started to perspire. He was murmuring something. He wanted to say a word, but it felt like someone was preventing him to scream.

 

        After suffering from a nightmare, he rose abruptly from his bed, holding his chest.

 

Seungkwan:

What was that?

(He was still scared with what he saw in his dream.)

 

        He ran wild in their house like he was being chased by some wild animal while searching for someone; even though, He seemed to forgot that he had a wound.

 

Seungkwan:

Jeonghan-hyung! Jeonghan-Hyung!

(Screaming Jeonghan’s name repeatedly.)

 

        The feasting Sebongies were surprised upon hearing Seungkwan shouting when they know he was already sleeping. They rushed into the room because they were afraid that he was having a nightmare; however, they found no one in the room. On the contrary, Seungkwan was wandering around his hyungs’ bedroom to see if Jeonghan was there. The boys found him upon seeing him going out from their other room.

 

Seungcheol:

What’s the matter, Seungkwanie?

(Concerned)

 

Seungkwan:

(He was searching for Jeonghan as his eyes rolled on their members’ faces one by one.)

Jeongha-

(He paused when he saw Jeonghan beside Mingyu and ran immediately to him.)

Hannie-hyung!

(He was relived as soon as he reached Jeonghan with a tight embrace.)

Thank God!

 

        The boy who clung to Jeonghan like a lost child was relieved and appeared to not let go of his hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

(He was surprised that he went to him and held on him all of a sudden.)

Did you have a bad dre-

 

Seungkwan:

(Seungkwan did not let his hyung finish his sentence.)

I’m sorry, hyung. I didn’t mean to ignore you earlier. It’s just that…

I’m not feeling well.

 

Jeonghan:

Because you haven’t eaten yet, our Seungkwanie. Wanna have some pizza?

(Jeonghan knew that Seungkwan didn’t want to bother everyone with his personal problem, so he decided to invite him to eat first and talk to him privately afterwards.)

 

Seungkwan:

Okay.

 

Joshua:

(Tapped his head)

Hey, you seems scared.

 

Seungkwan:

I-i just had a bad dream. That’s all.

 

Joshua:

You can talk to us.

(He showed his dongsaeng that he was a reliable man, and he can trust him.)

 

Seungcheol:

(He too was worried and tapped their Seungkwanie’s head and embraced him gently.)

Seungkwan, if there’s something wrong, I’ll be right here, you know.

 

Seungkwan:

Nothing’s wrong, hyung.

 

        Their leader knew that their Boo was lying, but he let him be because he thought that he needs a space too.

 

        Seungkwan excused himself after eating because he needed to clean his wound. Jeonghan took the chance to be with Seungkwan to talk with him privately, so he volunteered himself to help him. The boy smiled at him and Jeonghan held Seungkwan’s hands and walked together going to their room.

 

        Inside the room, Jeonghan was cleaning Seungkwan’s wound carefully. His wound was big and it looked painful. The angel was worried that he might do something bad on it, so he took his time cleaning it.

 

Jeonghan:

(Started the conversation)

Does it hurt?

 

Seungkwan:

Sometimes.

(He responded so short that Jeonghan was surprised)

 

Jeonghan:

I see.

(He proceeded to his next question)

Did you have a very bad dream, Seungkwanie?

(He asked him gently)

 

Seungkwan:

Yeah.

(He again gave him a short but sad response)

 

Jeonghan:

I see.

(He was thinking of a good strategy to let Seungkwan speak his mind.)

Seungkwan-ah, bad dreams usually comes from fear and exhaustion. What’s bothering you?

 

        Vernon wanted to help Jeonghan hyung, so he followed them to the room right after a few seconds; however, he changed his mind and chose not to go inside because it might be better if he’s not in there. He’s worried that Seungkwan might not open up if he’d join them. He decided to listen behind the walls instead.

 

Seungkwan:

Nothing, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

You can’t fool us.

Everyone’s worried about you.

 

Seungkwan:

(He started crying)

I just feel heavy.

 

Jeonghan:

(Went by his side and talk to him properly)

Then, let me help you.

 

Seungkwan:

Please don’t tell it to anyone.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure. Your secrets are safe with me.

(He was comforting him as he his shoulders gently.)

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung, am I not good enough?

 

Jeonghan:

You are good! Why?

 

Seungkwan:

I feel that all my efforts are not enough.

 

Jeonghan:

That’s not true.

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung, I’ve been trying my best in our set but we always get scolded because of me. I have many mistakes, and I can hardly follow the director’s instructions. I’m no match with Vernon, DK hyung, and Dino. They performed well, while I am not.

(Sobbing)

 

Jeonghan:

(He knows that Seungkwan is a very sensitive boy, but he easily forget it. It was alarming that he came to a point like this. He was so depressed and he already lose his confidence.)

Seungkwan, you know that you are doing your best. There are just some instances that it won’t go the way you want it to be.

 

 

The kind hyung wiped his Seungkwanie’s tears and encouraged him to trust himself again. Seungkwan is a jolly person, but everything you say to him is very important. He can make fun of it, but some can really hurt him. He needs some compliments too. It’s so depressing if you’d only hear some harsh comments on everything you do, when sometimes you knew you had a job well done.

 

Jeonghan:

(Continued)

You are a good kid, and I know that. Everybody knows that.

I know you are aware of the nature of our job, right?

 

Seungkwan:

Yes, hyung.

But lately, I can’t perform well too. Jihoon-hyung and Hoshi hyung scolded me a lot for the past few days.

 

Jeonghan:

Because you’re thinking too much.

Don’t be like me.

(He smiled)

I got scolded by Seungcheol and Joshua a lot of times already. You’re stronger than I am. I believe in you, and I know you can do it. I’m sure they can see all your hard work. Sometimes, some people are just rude, but for us and for your family, we know you, we love you, and we care.

You know, I always look up to you because no matter how sad the situation is, you can still handle it with a smile. I guess there are times also that our superman gets really sad.

(Wiped the continuous tears that’s flowing on his cheeks.)

 

Seungkwan:

(Looked at Jeonghan)

Thank you for staying by my side always, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

My pleasure.

(Jeonghan kissed Seungkwan on his forehead)

It’s okay to be sad sometimes, but don’t forget that we’re here for you. Okay?

 

Seungkwan:

Okay, hyung.

(He smiled.)

 

        Jeonghan brushed his hands against Seungkwan’s face and talked to him until Seungkwan lighten up his feeling. Meanwhile, Vernon on the other side of the wall felt sad for Seungkwan, and he became guilty upon hearing those words. Seungkwan does everything to make him happy, but he couldn’t even be his buddy in times of trouble. He promised himself that from that day on, he’d be more open with Seungkwan and make him smile once in a while.

 

        The next day, Seungkwan was supposed to go to the doctor because he got a fever ever since he woke up that morning, but he insist to still go to the show. They had a short interview for a morning show, and went to their different shooting afterwards.

 

Seungcheol:

Seungkwan-ah, you need to go to the doctor.

 

Vernon:

I will go with him, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, then, I’ll go back home immediately after our (Jeonghan and Joshua) hosting.

 

Vernon:

Okay, hyung.

Take care.

 

Jeonghan:

You too. Update us.

 

Seungkwan:

Okay. See you.

 

        The members went to their respective schedules.

 

-Jeonghan and Joshua’s Set-

 

        After their shooting, Jeonghan asked Joshua if he could go with him because he’d like to buy something. Joshua did not mind and agreed to join him; though, Jeonghan did not tell Jisoo what he would like to buy.

 

        First, they walk to the nearest pharmacy to buy Seungkwan’s medicine and his vitamins, then walked a little farther.

 

Joshua:

Where do you want to go?

 

Jeonghan:

Just follow me.

Are you hungry?

 

Joshua:

A little.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m hungry. Let’s eat.

 

Joshua:

You could have just told me.

(He complained and giggled afterwards.)

 

Jeonghan:

I just felt it now because I smell something here.

(Stopped at a little restaurant.)

 

        They ate first and advanced to the next unknown location.

 

Jeonghan:

Joshua-yah…

 

Joshua:

Yes?

 

Jeonghan:

We’re here!

(He smiled)

 

        Joshua looked at the shop and it’s a music store.

 

Joshua:

What are we doing here?

 

Jeonghan:

I’ve been thinking this for a while but I have no chance to buy it because we are so busy.

 

Joshua:

What do you want to buy?

 

Jeonghan:

Remember last time, when I broke your guitar?

 

Joshua:

(Got what he was saying)

No need to replace that.

 

Jeonghan:

I know you did not want me to know that it was really badly damage, but I saw it, Shua.

(Giggled)

I feel sorry for your guitar.

 

Joshua:

That’s fine.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

But I’m really guilty about it.

Ever since that your guitar is already missing inside our recording studio, I felt that something’s wrong. I keep on remembering it, so…

 

Joshua:

Let’s go home.

 

Jeonghan:

(Ignored Joshua’s request.)

I want to surprise you, but I don’t know if you’ll like it so I planned to bring you here.

 

Joshua:

(He found Jeonghan cute because he really did not forget about that.)

Hey, I told you, it’s not important. It was just a guitar.

 

Jeonghan:

That’s not true. It was not just a guitar. It’s your guitar and I broke it with my clumsiness!

Actually, I already picked something for you but I need you to check on it first before getting it.

 

Joshua:

Jeonghan…

 

        The guilty angel dragged him inside the shop and greeted the old man in the cashier.

 

Old Man:

Oh, it’s you!

(Indication that he’s been there several times)

 

Jeonghan:

Hi, Ahjussi! How are you?

 

Old Man:

I’m fine. How about you?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m super fine.

(He smiled)

Ahjussi, can we take a look of the guitar I reserved?

 

Old Man:

Sure, child.

(Noticed that he’s with someone)

Is the guitar for him?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

(Giggled)

 

Old Man:

I checked your guitar and it was badly damaged.

 

Jisoo:

(He was surprised because he already throw it. He thought that the garbage man already collected it.)

How come it w-

 

-Flashback-

 

        Jeonghan saw the guitar in front of their door, and kept it where Joshua could not easily find it. When he got a chance to go to a music store, he let them check the guitar if they could still save it, but they said, it’s impossible. Then, one day, he came across that shop during his day off and saw a light brown colored guitar with an intricate carvings on the top and sides of it. The carvings has a humming bird with a harp placed on the lower right of the guitar, then, the sides were decorated with lovely flowers. It was so stunning that it caught the eyes of an angel. Without any hesitation, he went in to the shop and looked at it closely.

 

Old Man:

Welcome! May I help you?

 

Jeonghan:

Hi! This guitar is lovely.

 

Old Man:

Oh! That guitar is not for sale.

 

Jeonghan:

Really? Oh, I see.

(He got disappointed.)

 

Old Man:

(He smiled)

Will you be the one to use it?

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled brightly to the old man.)

No. it’s for a friend.

 

Old Man:

I see.

Is it a gift for your friend?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

 

Old Man:

Well, I have here a lot of choices.

 

Jeonghan:

(Curious)

It looks nice, Ahjussi.  What’s the reason for not selling this beautiful guitar?

(Came back to the guitar that caught his attention.)

 

Old Man:

It’s an old guitar.

Actually, I owned it. Then, I gave it my daughter when she was little.

(The old man smiled as he reminisced the old times with his daughter.)

 

Jeonghan:

I see. It’s beautiful.

And it’s still in a good condition.

 

Old Man:

My daughter started playing the guitar when she was 10 years old. She loves singing and music, but ended up taking a Fine Arts course. I don’t know why.

(Started his story)

She’s a gifted artist too, you know. She’s very creative.

(He giggled)

And very unique too.

(Looked back at the guitar.)

It was an ordinary guitar before, but now, it’s something special.

That guitar holds the memory of my only daughter.

 

Jeonghan:

Where is she now?

 

Old Man:

She died of cancer before she graduated college.

(Became sad)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry to hear that.

 

Old Man:

It’s okay. She’s such a lovely kid. She’s given us so much joy. Her smile is just like your pretty smile. It’s innocent and bright.

 

Jeonghan:

(Got sad upon hearing the story.)

I’m sorry.

 

Old Man:

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be telling you this.

(Smiled again)

By the way, if it’s for your friend or… is it for your love ones?

(Asking the real status of the friend he’s talking about.)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh! He’s a special friend. He’s like a family.

(He smiled)

 

Old Man:

I see.

I’ll show you some new arrivals, would you like to see?

 

Jeonghan:

Sure. Thank you.

 

        The old man toured the angel inside his shop and presented the guitars while playing it with some beautiful melody that lightens Jeonghan’s heart.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re a good Musician, Ahjussi.

(He smiled)

 

Old Man:

Thank you.

 

The jolly man strum the guitar as he started singing a song which his daughter loves to sing with him. Jeonghan seemed to know the song and after a few lines he joined him singing. Suddenly, the old man remembers her daughter with the presence of Jeonghan. He was fluttered and thanked Jeonghan for jamming with him.

 

Old Man:

Thank you for singing with me.

(He was very glad)

You’re like an angel, my child.

You possesses such a pretty face.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

I’m pretty sure that your daughter is way more beautiful.

 

Old Man:

You remind me of my daughter, somehow.

 

Jeonghan:

(Giggled)

Did it make you sad?

 

Old Man:

No, not at all.

I know she’s in a good place right now.

Anyway, did you find something suitable for your taste?

 

Jeonghan:

Hmmm…

If only I can bring you home ahjussi.

(Joked)

I like to hear your voice every day. It’s so beautiful.

(Giggled)

 

Old Man:

(Laughed)

Such a naughty kid.

I used to be a singer when I was young.

 

Jeonghan:

Why stop?

 

Old Man:

I got married and I need some decent job for my family, especially for our angels.

 

Jeonghan:

I imagine how sweet she was to you.

 

Old Man:

She is. But she’s naughty like you. She keeps on teasing me with everything like ‘oh, Dad! What a wonderful morning! Why are you so handsome today?’ then after a while ‘Dad? Do you remember something today?’ she did that because I promised her to buy a new pair of shoes for her birthday.

(Giggled)

She’s a naughty sister with her younger brother, but she loves him so much; though, she won’t show it. She’s very protective of him.

 

Jeonghan:

What a wonderful daughter.

(He added)

 

Old Man:

(Breathed deeply.)

So, if you already made up your mind, you are always welcome in my shop.

 

Jeonghan:

Even if I just wanted to hear your voice while playing the guitar? Because it’s my only way to find out which guitar is a good one.

(He teased the old man again.)

 

Old Man:

(Laughed so hard)

But you should sing with me too.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure.

 

Old Man:

Okay then, have a nice day, sweet lady.

(At the end of their conversation, he ended up calling him a young lady because his eyeglasses were old already that it couldn’t adjust to his eyesight.)

 

Jeonghan:

Ahjussi?

I’m a boy!

(He scolded him with a laughter.)

Why do people always –

And ahjussi, my voice is not for girls, you know.

(Frowned his eyebrows while explaining everything.)

 

Old Man:

Oh, I’m sorry! I thought you are a girl. Besides your face… and your clothes are very loose, just like those teenage girls I am seeing outside.

Your voice? There are voices that are lower and less sweeter than yours who’s a woman, son.

(Giggled)

Maybe I should change my glasses. It’s a little blurry.

I apologize young man.

 

Jeonghan:

Jeonghan is my name, Ahjussi.

 

Old Man:

I’ll try to remember it.

(Pointed at his head)

You know, I am already an old man.

 

Jeonghan:

(Giggled)

I understand. I’ll write my name on your notepad Ahjussi.

(He joked)

 

        The other time he passed by, his eyes were still fixated on the guitar placed on the shop’s display window. He entered the shop to greet the old man.

 

Jeonghan:

Good day, Ahjussi.

You remember me?

 

Old Man:

Oh!

Jeonghan!

(He’s proud of himself.)

How can I forget you?

 

Jeonghan:

Woah! You remember?

 

Old Man;

How can I not remember, you stick a notepad on my cashier.

(Jeonghan and the old man laughed)

 

Jeonghan:

Did you change your glasses already?

 

Old Man:

Oh yes! So I can see your face clearer. And nothing change, you are indeed such a pretty young man.

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed)

Can I have a favour, ahjussi?

Can you call me handsome for once?

 

Old Man:

Of course!

Jeonghan, the handsome young man who has the 2nd sweetest voice I’ve ever heard.

(He declared)

 

Jeonghan:

2nd?

Ah!

(He remembered the old man’s daughter)

Of course, your daughter placed the first.

How about your son and wife?

 

Old Man:

My son doesn’t sing, but he plays the piano. So he’s the no. 1 pianist I’ve ever known. He’s an engineer now, so he barely plays piano. As for my wife, I don’t find her voice sweet when she nags at me.

(He joked and laughed)

I’m just kidding.

She’s my one and only love, and for me, she’s my one and only gem.

 

Jeonghan:

Wow!

(Clapped his hands)

 

Old Man:

Are you decided now?

 

Jeonghan:

Hmmm… my eyes are always trapped by your old guitar.

Can’t I have it?

It looks perfect and it really looks brand new…

(He once again with his adorable pleading face.)

 

Old Man:

(Just laughed at it)

You really want that guitar?

 

        He got the guitar and played it after a long time. The old musician found it strange because the sound of his old guitar was like a new one. Jeonghan and the old man sang a beautiful song together. From the first time they met, Jeonghan visits the old man every time he passed by. He also brought him snack to share.

 

As time goes by, the old man sees him as his own child and liked it every time he visits him and sing along with him. He usually visits there every after rehearsals and shooting whenever he’s alone

 

One day while singing with the old man, Jeonghan began blinking because his vision were blocked again. He stopped singing in the middle of the song because he felt light headed and fell on his knees, but he wasn’t unconscious at all. The old man was shocked and immediately assisted the young man in front of him.

 

Old Man:

Are you okay?

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Yes. I just got dizzy a little.

 

Old Man:

Can you stand?

Wait for me here.

(He grabbed a chair near Jeonghan for him to seat.)

I’ll just get some water.

 

        He helped Jeonghan to seat. The angel was groping the chair and carefully seated on it. The old man hurriedly got a water for the young man to drink.

 

Old Man:

(Reached a glass of water)

Here.

 

        It was noticeable that the pretty angel was searching the glass of water with uncertainty.

 

Old Man:

What happened?

Can you see me?

(He was worried)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry for causing you trouble, ahjussi.

I’ll be fine in a while.

 

Old Man:

So, you can’t see me?

(Confirmed it)

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, but it won’t last longer.

(Smiled despite he’s in pain.)

 

Old Man:

You should be at the hospital.

C’mon!

 

Jeonghan:

No need to worry, I’m always like this. Maybe I’m just tired.

 

Old Man:

From school? Or do you work somewhere?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m working near here.

(Smiled)

 

Old Man:

You should not abuse yourself.

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled cutely)

Yes, ahjussi.

 

Old Man:

(Noticed that he did not gave his name yet.)

My name is HaNeul, child.

 

Jeonghan:

What a nice name.

 

Old Man:

Since when do you feel like that?

(He’s very concerned)

 

Jeonghan:

Since I was a child.

 

Old Man:

Poor angel. How could you have such kind of sickness? How about if you’re alone in the street?

 

Jeonghan:

I always have someone with me, ahjussi. Many people are taking good care of me.

 

Old Man:

Is there any cure for that? Do you have medicine?

 

Jeonghan:

Relax, HaNeul ahjussi. I’m fine. It’ll fade away.

 

Old Man:

Is that a serious one?

 

Jeonghan:

Not for me.

(Giggled)

 

Old Man:

(Scolded Jeonghan like he’s his own son.)

Kids these days!

(Opened a vitamin drink and gave it to Jeonghan)

Here. Drink it. It’s my vitamin, that’s why I stay strong until now.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re like Hercules, then. A singing Hercules.

 

Old Man:

How can you joke when you’re like that? Tsk!

(Reminded him again of his daughter while she was taking her chemo therapy.)

 

        Jeonghan giggled because he thought that the old man was acting cute at the moment; even though, he couldn’t see it.

 

Old Man:

Should I give a call to you parents? Where is your phone?

 

Jeonghan:

No need, ahjussi. I think my vision is returning back.

 

Old Man:

Are you sure?

(Tried something funny actions to make sure that Jeonghan started seeing again.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Giggled)

Ahjussi, what are you doing? Why are you being frisky?

 

Old Man:

Can you see me now?

Oh thank God.

(He was relieved)

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, but it’s kinda blur.

Sorry, HaNeul ahjussi.

 

Old Man:

As long as you are fine.

Take care of yourself, Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

(Told his side of story)

This is what happened last time when I broke my friend’s guitar. I was too reckless that time. Then, I let him get hurt because of me. He got stiches on his hands just to save me. That guitar I destroyed was given to him by his parents and I know he has a lot of memories with that guitar so…

(sighed)

 

Old Man:

May I know what kind of disease you have?

 

Jeonghan:

Maybe you’re not familiar about it. But it’s called Jacob-Wilhelm Grimm Syndrome.

(He smiled)

 

Old Man:

What’s the nature of that sickness?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s a neurological disorder.

(Did not go with the details)

But I’ll be fine.

 

Old Man:

I hope you get well soon.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you. I hope so too.

 

Old Man:

Jeonghan?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, ahjussi?

 

Old Man:

I’ve decided to give to you the guitar.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Really?

Do you pity me?

How much?

(Giggled because he really wanted that guitar.)

 

Old Man:

No, it’s a gift. Maybe, it stayed like that because that guitar of mine wanted to be played again. I stopped playing that guitar ever since my daughter died. Maybe it needs a new owner. And since your friend is a good man, I’ll hand it over to him.

 

Jeonghan:

Then it won’t be my gift anymore.

(He pouted as his vision gets back)

 

Old Man:

(Laughed)

Then, just visit me every time you’re free.

 

Jeonghan:

That’s a win-win for us, Haneul Ahjussi.

I want to go back here too.

Let me pay, please.

(Pleaded the old man.)

Please.

(Blinked his beautiful eyes)

 

Old Man:

No need. Just make sure you take care of that thing.

 

Jeonghan:

No, I’ll pay you.

(He smiled)

That’s an agreement!

(He gave no chance for the old man to speak.)

I’ll give you the chance to think of the price, but please don’t price it with an expensive amount.

(Begged for a discount.)

 

Old Man:

That’s priceless.

 

Jeonghan:

Noooo…

(He pulled his money out of his wallet.)

Then, I’ll pay it as much as your new arrival one.

Okay, sold!

(He smiled)

My vision is clear now.

(He stood up)

Thank you, ahjussi. You’re the best!

I’ll get that once I bring him here. Thanks.

Don’t give me the money or else…

(Thought of something threat)

Or else… I won’t bring you my mom’s food when I go here.

It’s reserved! For me! For Yoon JeongHan!

(Laughed)

Bye now. Have a nice day!

 

        The old man was speechless and couldn’t say no to Jeonghan’s request.

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

Jeonghan:

Haneul Ahjussi, let me introduce to you, Joshua. My friend.

 

Haneul:

Nice to meet you.

 

Jeonghan:

Ahjussi,

(Moved his eyebrows to signal him to get the guitar he reserved last week.)

 

Haneul:

(Got the guitar inside the stock room)

Here.

(Presented it with new varnished and strings.)

 

Jeonghan:

Wow! It looks a lot better.

(He laughed when he saw the tag with YOON JEONGHAN on it.)

You really put a tag on it?

 

Haneul:

(He smiled)

It’s her new name.

 

Jeonghan:

Me?

(Giggled)

 

Joshua:

(Loved the idea)

It’s nice, though.

 

        Jisoo became fascinated with the design of the guitar. It looks unique and the materials used are good. The design seemed to be a vintage one, and he really love it. Most especially Jeonghan was the one who gave it to him. He smiled as he feel every details of the guitar.

 

Haneul:

You like it?

 

Jisoo:

Yeah. I love it.

(He strum the guitar, and it produced a good sound)

 

Haneul:

I tuned it already. It’s ready to use.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, ahjussi. Saranghae.

(With a cute failed wink and a smile)

 

Haneul:

You’re welcome.

So… should I put it in a case?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes please.

 

Haneul:

(While wiping the guitar once again.)

You know…

(Started talking about the design of the carvings since Joshua was really into it.)

Do you want to know the meaning of these carvings?

(He asked them a trivia.)

 

Jeonghan:

Sure.

 

Jisoo:

I’d love to hear that.

(He smiled)

 

Haneul:

Actually, it was my daughter who carved this.

She said that the harp symbolizes love.

The Harp strings formed a ladder symbolizing the ascent to higher states of love and a pathway leading to paradise.

She told me that she got that from their art history class. And that symbolizes us, her family.

(laughed)

The humming bird is a symbol of all things are good or enjoyment of life.

(Felt the carvings by his own hands.)

She carved this when she was diagnosed with cancer.

(Felt sad all of a sudden)

And these?

(Pointed at the side frame of the guitar)

She told me that these are Yellow acacia and Gardenia that symbolizes a secret love.

(Laughed again.)

She did that because she had a crush from her class before, but she couldn’t tell him how much she liked him up until on her deathbed.

That kid.

(Laughed)

But you know? I saw that guy, my daughter was talking about, in the hospital almost every day. He even helped us on her burial.

(Sighed)

 

Jeonghan:

How come you didn’t tell me that?

(Crossed his arms.)

 

 

 

Joshua:

(Liked the meaning of the artwork.)

That’s a sad story.

It’s a jewel then.

(He was fancied by the meaning of those things.)

Then why sell it?

 

Jeonghan:

Let me explain…

(His words were halted by the old man.)

 

Haneul:

He wanted this one, but I said I don’t sell it. He came several times to visit me and this guitar. I thought, he’s still thinking of what to buy; however, I learned that he was already decided to buy this.

(Giggled)

And besides, he said, he wanted to give it to someone special.

(He winked)

 

Joshua:

(Smiled as he was pleased to hear those words)

Really?

(Though he knew that that special thing is not as what he thought. For Jeonghan, everyone of them is special and has a spot on his heart; nevertheless, he’s still happy about it.)

 

Jeonghan:
(sighed)

Ahjussi.

(Stared at him)

 

Haneul:

I know it’s in good hands now.

If you have time, you are free to visit.

Sooo… shall I get it now so I can put it into the case?

 

Joshua:

Thank you.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you so much ahjussi.

(He smiled)

And thank you for not telling me the meaning.

(He sarcastically said)

 

Haneul:

(He told a quick advice for the young men.)

And last thing…

My boys, don’t ever hesitate to tell others that you love them if you have the time. Otherwise, either another person or fate will steal the only chance you have.

(He smiled and sighed as he remembered my daughter.)

You know? The young man my daughter had a crush on, likes her too. However, he had no chance of telling her because he thought she did not like him since she was avoiding him out of fear that she might get rejected by the one she loves.

(Continued advising them.)

Take the risks of fighting for your love. Better be rejected than losing the chance. Who knows?

(Winked.)

 

Joshua:

(Glanced at Jeonghan quickly.)

I will remember that, ahjussi.

Thank you.

 

Haneul:

Okay then, I’ll cover this up before it gets dark by listening to my long long story.

 

        The three of them laughed and enjoyed their conversation. Meanwhile, the old man went back inside the storage room to get a nice case for the guitar full of love. Jeonghan and Joshua was left outside. There were no customers that time and it’s very quiet.

 

Joshua:

Thank you, Jeonghan-ah.

(He smiled at him handsomely)

 

Jeonghan:

No need to thank me.

(He looked at Joshua and found his charming.)

 

Joshua:

Should I kiss you then?

()

 

Jeonghan:

(Agreed and too)

Yeah.

(With a poker face while tapping on his cheek)

 

Joshua:

Don’t move.

(He warned him)

 

Jeonghan:

Sure thing.

(He’s confident)

 

        JiSoo came near to Jeonghan and get ready to kiss the soft cheeks of his angel and suddenly he stopped.

 

JiSoo:

Jeonghan-ah.

(He called him with a soft voice.)

 

        Jeonghan got tricked and looked at Jisoo knowing that he was about to say something. Joshua smiled and took the chance to give him a thank you kiss from the bottom of his heart. He courageously kissed him on his lips for a second, risking everything if someone else sees them. Jeonghan, on the other hand, was surprised.

 

Jeonghan:

Yah!

 

Joshua:

I told you not to move.

(He’s satisfied with everything that happened that day.)

 

Jeonghan:

You called me.

 

Joshua:

So?

(Raised one of his brows)

 

        Then, Hanneul Ahjussi went out with the guitar carefully packed inside a very beautiful leather case. Jeonghan was startled and froze for a matter of seconds before getting back to reality.

 

Haneul:

Take care folks.

Hope to see you again.

 

Jeonghan:

He’ll sing for you the next time we go here.

 

Haneul:

I’ll expect that. See you!

 

Jeonghan and Joshua:

Thank you and take care also.

We’ll be back.

(Gave him a big bright smile with a hug.)

 

        They were about to go out, but Jeonghan thought he forgot to give something to the old man. He let Joshua go out first and call a taxi, while he returned back to the old man and gave cds. It’s a cd containing all of their album songs.

 

Haneul:

What’s these?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t know if it suits your taste but it’s a gift.

(He smiled)

My team worked very hard on it, so please take time to hear our music.

(He’s proud of his team)

 

Haneul:

I see. I’ll listen to this. Thank you.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m not promoting, Ahjussi. I’m just proud of us.

(Giggled)

 

Haneul:

You sure does.

(Giggled)

Jeonghan-ah,

(Remembered something)

I searched your illness last time.

 

Jeonghan:

How did you…

(Paused for a while)

 

Haneul:

I didn’t have a notepad, kid. I just remembered.

(Smiled)

My daughter loves fairytales and I bought her book written by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm because she was curious of the fairytales’ original story. I remembered that because she kept on telling me what happened on the original and remake. I still have that book.

(Proud of himself for remembering that thing)

 

Jeonghan:

I see.

Don’t worry about me.

They know about it and they’re taking good care of me now.

 

Haneul:

Good to hear that.

Take care.

(He felt like he has another sick child)

 

Jeonghan:

You too.

Thank you so much ahjussi.

 

 

-Inside the taxi-

 

Jeonghan:

Joshua yah.

(Noticed that he’s still holding the guitar he gave him)

What happened to you? Did you become a statue?

 

Joshua:

I love it so much. You can’t imagine how grateful I am.

(Looked at the angel beside him.)

Saranghae~

 

Jeonghan:

Glad you liked it.

Saranghae~

 

 

Joshua:

(Pecked Jeonghan’s unguarded cheeks.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He was surprised with Shua’s immediate action.)

Yah! They might…

(His loud voice went soft when he noticed the driver of the taxi looked at his rear mirror to look at them.)

They might misunderstood.

 

Joshua:

It’s a thank you kiss. No one would suspect that.

(He smiled gently; though, he was a little disappointed because he couldn’t show him his true feelings. Not just yet.)

And how dare you harass the old man just to get this one?

(He )

 

Jeonghan:

I didn’t.

(He remembered that he kept on asking for those)

Oh, just a little.

(Giggled)

 

Joshua:

(Looked at his angel dearly)

Thank you, Hannie-yah.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re welcome.

(He smiled back at Joshua)

How many times do you have to say thank you, Shua?

I should say that to you too.

Thank you for taking good care of me.

 

Joshua:

(Smirked.)

I thought you don’t want people to misunderstand us?

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

Is it… misunderstand-able?

(Showed a weird face.)

 

Joshua:

Yes.

(He might misunderstand.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Changed the topic.)

Take care of that thing. That contains the heart and soul of Haneul ahjussi’s daughter.

 

Joshua:

And her memories too.

As well as Haneul ahjussi’s too.

And a memory of this day with you.

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t be cheesy, Shua.

You still have debt with me.

 

Joshua:

For?

 

Jeonghan:

Kissing me!

(Whispered with a frustrated tone.)

 

Joshua:

It’s your fault!

(Defended himself)

You’re not following instructions.

(Giggled)

 

        Seemed like Jeonghan was losing the game, but he never give up. Joshua found him noisy, that even he was already lose with their conversation, he kept on talking. The gentle got tired from listening from Jeonghan’s endless ranting about what happened and spoke his mind.

 

Joshua:

Why are you so energetic today?

(Sighed)

Hannie-yah, if you’re not gonna stop talking, I’ll kiss you again.

(Threatened him.)

That’s a rule until we get off this vehicle.

(He smirked.)

 

 

        In an instant, Jeonghan kept his mouth shut and remembered Cheol did the same thing to him too. From there on, he sealed his mouth and never allow his voice to be heard inside that taxi. Shua found it funny and cute. For the meantime, the taxi was peaceful.

 

 

 

        Jeonghan wanted to ask question; however, he couldn’t because he was scared with the threat Joshua gave him. What he did was, the angel tried to communicate with his body language, hoping that the gentleman-turned-into-an evil king would understand what he was saying. It made Joshua laughed so hard since it was amusing to see Jeonghan struggling with a cute expression. He let him be and enjoyed the moment.

Joshua:

I cannot understand you.

( with a devilish smirk.)

 

        Jeonghan, on the other hand, was very frustrated. He did not even bother remembering that he got a phone and he could have texted him, instead. Finally, he gave in.

 

Jeonghan:

How can I suppose to do that?!

(With frustrated tone.)

How will you understand me?

 

Joshua:

You should have texted me. Don’t you have your phone?

 

Jeonghan:

(An imaginary light bulb appeared in his head)

Oh! Yeah. I never thought of that.

 

        The quiet Shua smirked while looking at the innocent-not-thinking-angel beside him. Suddenly, he noticed that they were already near their house and told the taxi driver to stop right in the corner of the street.

 

        The moment they stepped inside their house.

 

Joshua:

Jeonghan-ah.

 

Jeonghan:

(Getting tricked again by the ‘king’ beside him.)

What?

 

        Joshua took an immediate action and pressed his lips against Jeonghan’s with a blink of an eye. Again, Jeonghan was dumbfounded.

 

Jeonghan:

W-what was that for?

 

Joshua:

Rule?

(Raised his brows)

Rules are rules, Mr. YOON-JEONG-HAN.

 

Jeonghan:

So you keep doing that?

I won’t talk to you anymore, then?

(He threatened him.)

 

        Of course, Jeonghan forgot what Joshua said. The rules would only apply inside the taxi. Jeonghan was so preoccupied by some things that’s why he couldn’t think properly at that time.


Joshua:

(Pushed Jeonghan’s forehead with his point finger.)

Aigoo! Aigoo! You are not listening!

I told you, the rules only applies inside the taxi.

(Chuckled)

Do you want to keep it inside the house too?

( more.)

 

Jeonghan:

Right! Right!

(Became hopeless with himself.)

What’s happening to me?

Tsk!

(He talked at the back of his mind.)

Is kiss-threat popular these days? Is it a normal thing to do now?

This fearless American boy is turning rude now, huh?

(Looked intensely to Joshua.)

 

Joshua:

What’s with that look?

 

Jeonghan:

Shua? You’re getting fearless nowadays…

(Bit his lips while interrogating the liberated American boy beside him.)

 

Joshua:

(Let out a loud laugh.)

I am not…Why do you think so?

 

Jeonghan:

Is it normal in America to kiss everybody in the lips?!

(With a vexed voice.)

 

Joshua:

No? Are you crazy?

 

Jeonghan:

(Became speechless)

Wh-?

 

Joshua:

(Pretty sure.)

It is only for someone special.

(Smiled as he saw that Jeonghan was dazed.)

… I’m just taking Ahjussi’s advice.

 

Jeonghan:

Whu-What?

(Stunned)

What advice?

 

Joshua:

You’re hopeless.

(Brushed his head lightly from side to side.)

C’mon inside, Mong (Blank) Jeonghan.

Your brain is not processing well today. You should have it checked.

 

        Joshua went to their studio with his smile up to his ears. Once he reached the studio, he sat on a small chair and played a sweet melody through his new beloved guitar which was a gift from his precious angel.