세븐틴: Seventeen’s Red Carpet.

Behind the Scenes: Cue

세븐틴: Seventeen’s Red Carpet.

 

          Once again, Sebongies were complete and reunited by the end of the day. They ate and sleep all at once. The next day, early in the morning, the sun shined brightly again. The rays of the sun peeked through the 13 boys’ window, but the brightness won’t bother their sweet sleep until the leader’s alarm clock rang loudly beside him and Jeonghan. As usual, Seungcheol ignored the alarm, while Jeonghan was the one who turned off the loud, irritating sound, instead. The pitiful angel was forced to wake up. He went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his beautiful face first before waking up the other members.

 

          The wake-up call hasn’t been this sweet as before. Jeonghan went back to their room and saw Joshua first. He brushed his body to Joshua’s slender frame, burying his face on a space between Joshua’s cheeks and neck. The sleepy angel just stayed beside him for a while, whispering good morning to his king’s ear. Joshua slid his hands into Jeonghan’s arms resting on his chest and intertwined it with his long slender fingers.

 

Joshua:

(His tender smile never leaves his innocent, gentle face.)

Good morning.

(He spoke gently like a bird singing beautifully on Jeonghan’s ears.)

 

Jeonghan:

It’s time to wake up.

(He added with a lousy voice.)

 

Joshua:

(Looked at him with a wide eyes.)

Then, why is your eyes close?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m so sleepy.

(Flipping his head on Joshua’s chest.)

5 minutes.

(He asked with a lazy voice.)

 

Joshua:

(Slid his other hand to Jeonghan’s waist.)

Maybe next time.

(He tickled him lightly.)

 

          Joshua helped Jeonghan to stand, and they both started to wake everybody else with a sweet whisper to their ears which bothered the others because it was so irritating. Coups and Wonwoo won’t wake up. Joshua just ignored them after 2 consecutive calls and let them blame themselves if they got late for their appointment.

 

          On the other hand, Jeonghan never gives up. Wonwoo was the nearest to him. He knelt beside him and thought of an irritating wake up call.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo-yah. Wake up! Wake up!

(Shaking his body continuously.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Smiled but did not open his eyes yet.)

Hyung.

(Called him with a sleepy voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

C’mon sleepy head!

 

Wonwoo:

Look who’s talking.

(He fired back.)

 

          To stop the irritating wake up call, he pulled Jeonghan strong enough to his chest. He locked the weak angel with his right arm and put the other on his waste.

 

Wonwoo:

(Whispered.)

Let us stay like this for a while.

 

          He positioned his head close to Jeonghan’s neck while holding him tightly. The fox smelled the angel’s sweet scent and savour the sensation.

 

Wonwoo:

(Smelled the scent of his pretty hyung.)

How could you smell so pleasant in the morning?

 

Jeonghan:

Get your off your bed, fox!

(He tried to escape from Wonwoo’s arms but Wonwoo was too strong.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Pulled him down forcibly like he had no intentions of letting him go.)

Just stay like this for a while. Don’t move, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

Yah!

We’ll be late!

 

          Wonwoo rolled over the bed leaving Jeonghan’s body under him. The younger one’s face was so close to Jeonghan’s. Wonwoo did not mind if anybody sees it. He displayed an angry and desperate expression which gave chills to the innocent Jeonghan. Just a few inches away, another strong man came and pulled Wonwoo up forcibly.

 

S.Coups:

Stand up.

(With an irritated face.)

 

          Wonwoo was uncontrollable that time as if he was possessed by someone and forced back his face closer to Jeonghan’s. The poor angel froze and wondered what has gotten to Wonwoo. He suddenly changed over the night.

 

S.Coups:

Wonwoo yah!

(He shouted, enough for the others to hear it.)

 

Seungkwan:

What was that?

(Tension covered his heart.)

 

          The members were frightened and came close to the scene to see what was happening. They saw their leader not in the mood early in the morning, while Wonwoo was over Jeonghan. It was also notable that Wonwoo’s eyes were piercing, enough to leave a hole on the wall.

 

Wonwoo:

(He whispered angrily to Jeonghan.)

You’re careless.

 

          Jeonghan’s eyes stretched because he was so scared that he was seeing a different person and not his cute, charming Wonwoo. The estranged man stood up and walked out of the room calmly.

 

S.Coups:

(Looked at Wonwoo irritably.)

That guy! Tsk!

What the hell has gotten into him?

 

          Wonwoo yawned as he walked out of the room. Mingyu, on the other hand, confronted him.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung! What was that for?

 

Wonwoo:

(Scratching his arms and speak innocently after his yawn.)

Nothing.

(He stretched his eyes to look more innocent.)

 

Mingyu:

Really, hyung? Early in the morning?!

 

Wonwoo:

(He exposed his charismatic smile at the tall slender man.)

Mingyu-ah,

(Called him out of the blue.)

Nothing.

 

Mingyu:

(He became confused and had nothing else to do. He found him weird.)

O-kay?

(He left his hyung with a big sigh.)

 

 

          Jeonghan tried to avoid Wonwoo but he kept on following him.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo yah! What’s wrong with you?

 

Wonwoo:

(Looked at him sharply.)

Nothing.

(Raised his brows giving Jeonghan an intimidated look.)

Just don’t let me come near you again.

 

Jeonghan:

(Scowled in disbelief.)

Then, don’t follow me.

 

Wonwoo:

(Smiled calmly.)

I guess I cannot do that, hyung.

(His aura became so light with his wide smile.)

 

Jeonghan:

What?

You confuse me.

Are you sick or something?

 

Wonwoo:

(Drank his hot coffee.)

I just don’t feel well since yesterday.

(That was because he saw the picture of his hyung with Jin.)

 

Jeonghan:

Then you should have told us.

 

          He came close to Wonwoo to touch his forehead when Wonwoo grabbed his hands to avoid touching him with a pissed sharp eyes.

 

Wonwoo:

I told you not to go near me.

(Beginning his evil look again.)

 

          He pulled Jeonghan again close to him.

 

Jeonghan:

Yah! Stop this madness.

 

Wonwoo:

It’s your fault. I’m jealous.

(Whispered in front of Jeonghan.)

 

          Mingyu was the one who stopped him this time. He wore the same face as him, he was irritated. He pulled Wonwoo far from Jeonghan and secured his beloved Jeonghannie in his arms.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, Mingyu.

(Wore a very irritated face.)

Geez, what’s wrong with that fox?

 

Mingyu:

Hyung! What are you trying to do?

 

Wonwoo:

Rehearshing.

(Said it with no emotion.)

 

Hoshi:

(Who just came in?)

For what?

 

Wonwoo:

(He smiled.)

Secret.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re strange, Wonwoo-yah.

 

Wonwoo:

Am I?

(Maintained his charming smirk.)

Sorry.

 

          Everybody slowly gathered around Wonwoo.

 

DK:

Hyung! Are you going to be cast?

 

Seungkwan:

Daebak!

 

Wonwoo:

No, I will still do the audition.

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t make us your guinea pig.

(He knew about this audition as he planned one to give one to Mingyu too. He was currently holding the script for Mingyu.)

Here.

(Gave Mingyu the paper.)

 

Mingyu:

What’s this?

(Puzzled.)

 

Seungcheol:

Script.

Goodluck! Make us proud!

(He smiled proudly; even though, it‘s not yet sure if they could pass the audition.)

 

          Their conversation stopped for a while as their manager knocked to their door asking for Jeonghan to meet their CEO.

 

Seungcheol:

Alone? Why?

(He was worried that it might be the issue of his health.)

 

          Jeonghan was worried too, but he couldn’t do anything but to follow orders from his boss. That was when he decided to tell everyone about his health. Jeonghan asked their manager if he could just have a minute because he had something to tell to their members. They gathered at their usual meeting place which is their dining room.

 

Seungcheol:

Good decision.

(Agreed to Jeonghan’s decision to tell everybody what was going on.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Gathered all the courage before he spoke.)

Everyone!

(He still wore a smile but his hands are uneasy.)

Okay. This meeting is not that serious at all.

(He did not know how to start.)

 

DK:

What’s this all about, hyung?

(He was thrilled of what he’s going to say.)

 

          The others were expecting something explosive because of the heavy atmosphere they have. It was obvious in Jeonghan’s expression that he was going to tell something important. They waited for him to speak after the long pause.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

Remember that I promised you that I won’t hide anything, right?

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung! Tell us immediately. I think my heart will burst out of anxiety.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s about my health, but don’t worry I’m fine.

(Spoke as fast as he could.)

 

Mingyu:

Is that the reason why you’re going to our boss?

 

Seungcheol:

Maybe, so listen carefully.

(He spoke seriously.)

 

Jeonghan:

Here we go.

(Embarrassed to start.)

I have SDS ‘Sudden Death Syndrome’

 *(Sorry for the name. I couldn’t invent a scientific term for it. :-D I based this on two different heart diseases and added something on it to make it more dramatic.)

(Saved their reactions by…)

Okay wait!  I know you’ll start talking and panicking after hearing this but please let me speak first.

 

          Everyone tried to endure not to speak and listened carefully.

 

Jeonghan:

As you all know… I mean…

(Couldn’t find a word to describe it.)

I might be resting for a while… meaning that maybe…

 

Seungcheol:

It might be a different issue, Jeonghan-ah so don’t assume yet. Let’s hope that everything is just fine.

 

Jeonghan:

I hope so.

Okay everyone, See you later!

 

          The members were left in the air without knowing the true nature of his disease. Seungcheol was left alone with the curious boys to listen to the other questions they have in mind. They couldn’t help to ask him about it, and kept on throwing him a lot of questions. Seungcheol had no other choice but to explain it to them because Jeonghan couldn’t.

 

Seungcheol:

I will answer all your questions. Just speak slowly.

(Problematic of their non-stop talking.)

 

          Meanwhile, Jeonghan left the kitchen to meet their manager but before going, their mysterious manager asked him to wear nice clothes and prepare his hair and make-up. Jeonghan frowned his brows because he found his manager’s request weird. He asked him where they would go; however, their manager did not know anything about it either. He said that he was just following orders from their boss. It was a big mystery for him until they reached their main office.

 

          Meanwhile, Sebongies were still on a meeting discussing Jeonghan and their other activities.

 

Seungcheol:

(Continued his explanation.)

… The doctor said that he needed a very good rest and I am counting on all of you to take good care of him and, of course, to each other as well.

He might feel dizzy whenever he’s exhausted or he could faint anytime but as long as he’s doing good, continuing his medication and treatment, he’ll be fine.

Let’s not pressure him on anything. Okay?

 

Wonwoo:

So… it is also possible that it (sudden death) will happen again?

(Serious face.)

 

Seungkwan:

Oh my!

 

          Hearing that question made them breathless, then after a while, everybody started asking more question. Seungcheol knew that they were all worried because he himself was worried too.

 

Mingyu:

How about his blindness?

 

Seungcheol:

Everything is possible but let’s not make it happen anymore. Let’s take care of him. Understood?

(Gave a firm order.)

 

Sebongies:

Of course!

 

Seungcheol:

And one more thing. I want you to know that…

(He showed a sad expression.)

There are two possible consequences of his disease if not taken care properly. First, is the sudden death; second is he’d sleep for a long time and there is no assurance of him waking up.

(Wore a serious worried face.)

So I’m counting on you, guys. Please, let’s make Jeonghan be a part of our family no matter what.

 

Sebongies:

(Worried and started to talk altogether.)

Oh my! What should we do? 2x

 

Seungcheol:

Oh! Let’s not loose hope. The doctor also said that, his disease may disappear like what happened when he was young, but there’s no guarantee that it won’t return anymore.

 

Seungkwan:

(He was obviously trembling.)

Hyung, what should we do?

 

Seungcheol:

Take good care of each and every one. Let’s make a healthy living!

(Although he was not sure if they could do it properly because of their schedule.)

 

DK:

Okay!

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan is okay at the moment. Let’s maintain that.

Okay?

Fighting!

 

Sebongies:

Fighting!!!

 

          Seungcheol changed the topic to move on as they clearly understood what to do. He’s distributing some papers with their name on, and it was like they were in a legal company meeting. Once again, they were puzzled about it.

 

Seungcheol:

Guys, I know we’re so busy with our promotions but…

(Halted for a moment.)

Let’s get busier!

(He smirked like he was excited and never gets tired.)

Those papers are scripts.

 

Hoshi:

(Widened his small eyes.)

Scripts?

Are we all going to act?

 

Seungcheol:

Yes!

 

DK, Dino, Seungkwan, and Vernon:

Woah!

 

Joshua:

Why?

(He was spacing out in the air.)

 

The8:

Daebak!

 

Mingyu:

Is this different from the one you gave me?

 

Seungcheol:

(Entertained their questions very well.)

Yes.

Well, the one I gave you (with Wonwoo & Mingyu) are real dramas. I mean it’s a series. Then, what I gave you just now is for our mini drama.

 

Woozi:

Okay?

 

Jun:

(Scanning the paper.)

Hyung, why is it that only my name, Joshua-hyung, Hoshi, Woozi and The8 are listed here on this paper? While the rest are names of professional actors and actresses.

 

Mingyu:

Really?

(He scanned immediately his paper.)

Yeah. In this story only Wonwoo-hyung and I are the only one here.

(Continued scanning his paper.)

 

Seungkwan:

Oh! Vernon, Dino, DK- hyung and I are together!

 

Coups:

I’m with Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay! That’s because…

(The kids were waiting for a good answer.)

I don’t know. The writers arranged that.

(He laughed all by himself; however, as soon as he knew that they were not buying it, he composed himself back.)

Okay… so let’s do our best.

I’ll summarize everything…

(Looked into his copy.)

Wonwoo and Mingyu will have the ‘The Devil’s Tears.’

Jeonghan and I will have ‘Half Brothers.’

Joshua, Jun, Hoshi, Woozi and The8 will have ‘The Traitor is the Hero.’

Vernon, Seungkwan, Dino, and DK will have ‘The Orphans.’

 

 

          All scanned their own stories and learned their scripts. Their shooting will start as soon as everything was set. Sebongies found their roles and stories interesting. They can’t conceal the joy that they’re feeling, but they were also anxious because they would be exploring things outside their comfort zone.

 

          All of a sudden, Seungkwan and DK noticed that Jeonghan and their leader were okay again.

 

DK:

Hyung, are you okay with Jeonghan-hyung now?

 

Seungcheol:

We’re just okay right from the start.

 

Joshua:

Don’t cover yourself up. It was obvious.

 

Seungkwan:

What happened?

(Curious of what happened.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Blushed as he remembered what happened and stuttered upon answering them.)

I-it was, I mean, we talk.

(Left them a short, shaky tone.)

 

Joshua:

(Gave a fiery gaze.)

Make sure you did nothing weird, Cheol.

(Threatened his friend.)

 

Seungcheol:

(His palms were sweating cold.)

W-why would I do something weird?

(Couldn’t breathe as he was being interrogated.)

Okay!

(Redirected the conversation.)

Prepare to work! Dismissed!

(His ears was obviously covered by a red tint as he walked out of the kitchen.)