Friendship and Love

Crush on the Arrogant Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After having a round of personal time with Jungkook, both of you went back to find the rest and you saw them gathered in the restuarant. You walked towards them while holding the big teddy bear in your arms and they greeted you with big grins. “Seems like you had a happy time with Jungkook, aren’t you?” Yoongi raised his eyebrow at both of you. You didn’t answer but just grinned like an idiot. Jungkook looked at you and did the same.

 

Taehyung was looking at both of you. He clenched his fist but released it slowly. He saw you smiling happily when you were with Jungkook. He knew that he could do nothing to change your mind and he couldn’t help but to admit that he himself was not the right one for you. Therefore, he decided to do something.

 

“We’ll have the dinner and go, shall we?” Namjoon said. Every one nodded and had the dinner together. You were also having your dinner happily while giggling and joking with your friends. Suddenly, you felt a vibration in your pocket. You took out your phone and you saw a message shown on the screen.

 

To Hyeleumi:

  Can we meet for a while outside the restaurant?

  Just the two of us.

From Taehyung

 

You looked up and saw Taehyung excused himself to go to the toilet. You couldn’t figure out what he wanted to say to you in person. What if he asked for you feeling again? Should you tell him sincerely about your feelings? But you couldn’t bear to hurt him. You saw how he smiled today and you didn’t want him be back to his upset self.

 

After a few minutes, you also excused yourself to the washroom. You walked out of the restaurant and you saw Taehyung waiting for you at the game booth while staring at the ground. You slowly walked towards him. “I’m here.” You said as he looked up and smiled to you.

 

Both of you walked side by side slowly and none of you spoke anything. You wondered what he was thinking in his mind but you couldn never figure out, like you could never figure out his feeling towards you until he told you.

 

“Hyeleum-ah,” He called. “We are still friends, aren’t we?” He asked in a rather normal tone. You looked at him with a pair of widened eyes. “O-Of course. We’re always friends.” You answered immediately but you were regret as you were afraid if you said something that would upset him.

 

“I’m sorry for being an idiot towards you.” He stopped his pace and looked at you. You also stopped and waited for him to continue. “I’m really a jerk to blame you for your feelings.” He said sincerely. “Why do you say that? You’ve done nothing wrong...” “No, I was wrong. I should have known that feelings are not demanded but growing naturally, just like how I grow feelings towards you and how you grow feelings towards... Jungkook.” He hesitated to say out the name. “My mind was like trapping in a maze and I even begged for your love in return. I’m such a coward.” He lowered his head.

 

You said nothing but just stared at him. You felt sorry but also thankful for him for loving you so much. Yet, you couldn’t do anything in return.

 

“I think I understand now. Love is not something like give and take, but something has to be cherished. All I want to see is your happiness, just like how you protected me from depression at the beginning.” He continued. “You said you can’t bear to see any one of us upset because of you but I also can’t bear to see you upset because of me.” He said.

 

“Y-You...” You widened your eyes. “I overheard the conversation between you and Eunmi in the classroom that day. I’m sorry.” Taehyung showed you a weak smile. “I was like in a sudden realization when I heard your words. You were so thoughtful towards me but I’m rather a selfish jerk.” “No, you’re not. Don’t blame yourself like that.” You said. He shook his head while smiling. “I’m now going to be the thoughtful person for you, Hyeleumi. I know I can’t stop loving you in a short period of time but I’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter