Runaway strawberry

10 reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The whole party was a mess. Everyone was already undeniably drunk and since we started with a little bit modified version of Truth and Dare, more clothes were on the floor than on us. When it ended on Ahreum, she didn't look good at all. All she was wearing were jeans, bra and she tried to hide herself with my thick scarf. Maybe it would be fine, if she wasn't so drunk. She always ends up crying and now she looks like she can tear up anytime. Oh my god. Kim Seokjin will kill me.


“So Ahreum. With how many of your boyfriends did you sleep?” asked Taehyung sitting right next to me. I raised my hand and punched him somewhere between his chest and face.


“What? It's truth and dare. This isn't the worst questions that we asked.” It was true. We're playing it for more than two hours and they asked everything. And I really don't want to remember it. But I was angry for a different reason. I hated the fact, that Taehyung stayed almost sober just so he could enjoy embarrassment of all his friends. And we all kinda knew, that he always liked Ahreum.


Ahreum maybe cried from the alcohol, but it looked like this time it wasn't the only reason.


“4?! Oh my god. So...”


“Shut up Taehyung!” I covered his mouth and knocked him to the ground. Well, he wasn't the only 'almost sober' in the room. I looked around. And when I realized, that everyone else just doesn't care or is sleeping, I picked up Ahreum's clothes and went to her. She put her clothes on without a word and then walked out of the room with me. Still crying. Like a little girl.

-----


“Why are you still crying? You must be sober already.” I asked after a while. It was already 3 am. I lead her into bed but she never really fell asleep and was just looking around as I was reading.


“Is it that bad?”


“What?”


“That I slept with 4 people.”


“You shouldn't care about other people's opinions so much.”


“But I do care! It's important for me. And more than anything, I want to hear you opinion.”


“Well… You know that I didn't like almost any of them.”


“But for a 21 year old girl, is 4 too much?”


“Stop thinking so much. For you, it's counterproductive.”


“Why are you avoiding my questions?”


“Because you know what I think.”


It was followed by a long silence, after which I couldn't ignore the pain in her eyes.


“But you should still consider the fact that I never dated anyone. I don't know, what it is like to be in relationship and I don't understand what lead you to sleeping with them. If you loved them, then I guess it's… okay.” She just turned around and looked like she finally went to sleep.
I said the truth. I really don't understand it. And the fact that I knew that people didn't help either. But first – I couldn't lie to her. She knows my past. And secondly she must have expected that answer.

-----


On the other day I woke up to her and Seokjin's sweet talk in her bed.


“I can make it better!” he said


“Not another dad joke!”


“This one is really funny. What do you call a runaway strawberry?”


“I think you already...”


“Stawberry jam!” He started laughing and clapping his hands like a seal, which was enough for me to finally wake up.


“Yeah.. You already t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter