Temperature of our relationship

10 reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with a terrible pain in my throat and not able to actually breathe. I knew I am going to be sick but ! I didn't expect it to be that bad! I climbed out of my bed and tried to find a thermometer in Ahreum´s drawer next to her bed. Great. Make up products, chocolate, a bunch of cables including my laptop charger, condoms... Condoms? I hope they weren't doing it while I was asleep. But what am I trying to tell myself? They obviously were. I don't think they were risking it with Seokjin's parents in the house. But still... discusting!

Oh... Here it is. Thermometer. I put it under my armpit and waited. Gosh... I can't even swallow my saliva. It's that bad. The bathroom door opened and Ahreum came into the room, wearing an elegant blue dress.

„Oh. Morgen!“ she said.

„Freeman.“ It was one of our inside jokes.

„Why are you looking like you are dying?“

„Because I am. I just took your thermometer. “ she put one of her hand on my forehead and the other on her.

„Jeez Yerim! You´re literally burning!“ she started running around our room looking for her phone. „I have an exam at 10, but I will call Seokjin. You should go to hospital. “

„I don't think it´s that bad. “

„Sit. Don't move. He has nothing to do. He will drive you there. “ thermometer beeped and I took it out. 38.1

„Don't panic. It's only 38. “

„If my mom saw it, she would rip the clothes out of you and throw you straight into Han river.“

„It's okay. I can live with it. “

„Seokjin? Come here, with your car, right now! Yerim is dying. You need to take her to the hospital.“ I could clearly hear his answer.

„Then you should call funeral services, not me. “ I swear, I will tear him apart when he comes.

„I have an exam so I must go. I'm counting on you. “

„That little son of a . “ I said. She started taking some medication out of her bag.

„This should lower your temperature. And you will breathe easier if you take this. I will make you hot tea with honey. Just sit. “

-----

„I'm really sorry I have to leave you alone, but don't worry. Jun... Jin will come. He must be already looking for a parking place.“ After she left, I didn't move. Not even an inch. I was just slowly drinking the tea she made me and watching the unmoving door. I probably fell asleep, because the knocking on them has woken me up. It must be Jin. I finally stood up which lead to me getting a little bit dizzy. But it was bearable. I opened the door, not believing who was standing in front of them.

„Jungkook?“ If I knew, I would at least brush my unwashed hair. I must look like an australopithecus now. Wearing the worst T-shirt I have with an oily stain right above my belly button and a hole at the end of the right sleeve. In Ahreum's sweatpants, which are too big for me, but I still wear them, because they are comfortable. And most importantly, with my bare face, looking as pale as ever. He must be in even bigger shock than I am. „What are you doing here?“

„Ahreum called me in case that Seokjin will be late.“ he politely took of his shoes and waited for me to show him it's okay to enter.

„I don't understand. “

„I'm sorry I don't have a car. “ He was already unpacking whatever he had in his bag. I looked in the mirror next to door but had to immediately look away. I really look terrible.

„No. I mean...“

„I brought you this. It really helps on sore throat. My mom send it to me not so long ago. “ I tried to hide my face with my hair, but I didn't want to attract attention to them. So I was standing there, curling into some weird position, looking to the ground.

„Please stop.“ he said. I didn't answer. „I don't care how you look right now. You're sick.“ I still didn't answer. „Look at me. Take a good look, please.“ I couldn't. „Just do what I'm telling you.“ I finally started slowly looking up. From his feet to his face. He was wearing iron man socks... Really blatant one. Then a simple sweatpants, wrinkled white shirt and what made it all even funnier was a small antenna out of his hair. It was cute. He looked like he just woke up. But he was still unbelievably attractive. I could finally smile.

„I want to have a shower. “

„You shouldn't go to hot water if you have a high temperature. It's dangerous. “

„I don't really care. “

„If you go into shower, I swear I will go with you. And I'm not joking. “ Our conversation was interrupted by knocking. This time, it's definitely Jin. Jungkook opened and we all exchanged an awkward look.

„I'm sorry I'm late, but I had to fill up the tank and it got a little bit complicated.“

„Don't worry. Just come here.“ I waited for him to come as close as my right hand can reach.

„FUNERAL SERVICES?! This time, I will definitely kill you.“ Jungkook held my hand and splitted us up.

-----

“Thank you.” I said, waited for a receipt and then got out of doctor's office.. Jungkook and Jin were sitting right next to each other, waiting for me. It felt good. Two people, that really care about me. Or just one?

„So? How was it? “ Jungkook asked.

„Will you survive? “ Jin joined and I punched him a little bit.

„It's just a virus. He prescribed me some antibiotics. I need to drink a lot of liquids and rest. 3 days and I'm as healthy as a fish.“

„Take care of her Jungkook. I'm going to pick Ahreum. Have fun.“ Seokjin said as we got out of his car. He disappeared really quickly. Almost as if something was behind it. Almost as if Ahreum told him to leave us alone. And he obeyed.

-----

We walked to my door and I naturally let him in.

„My temperature is finally down. I'm going into shower. “

„Can I...? Nevermind. “ He said disappointedly. And then started laughing at his own words.

“You couldn't expect yes. It will be fast. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter