Caramel frappé

10 reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sitting in car with Seokjin and Ahreum after getting discharged from hospital were like 10 hardest minutes of my week. Despite everything I survived.

They didn't say anything. They didn't argue, they didn't look at each other lovingly… They were just there, looking at the road and living in their own thoughts. And I couldn't end that silence. When Seokjin stopped the car on the other side of the road from our dorm, we both got off and without greeting we left. I just saw as Jin send Ahreum a flying kiss.

 

When we came home, I sat on my bed and she sat on hers.

“I am… so sorry.” said Ahreum. As the first word since I saw her.

“What? Why?” I asked confusingly.

“You said you are tired. You said you are hungry. And I didn't do anything for you.”

“Stop, please. You did more than enough. I should be angry on myself. I act like I don't own this body sometimes. It was my fault.”

“I did what was better for me. I am so selfish.”

“What should I do for you to understand, that it's not your fault at all!” she was still ignoring everything I told her and continued with her own conversation.

“I called your mom.”

“You did what?!”

“She said, she will come in next few weeks.”

“If she will bring Sihyun, it will be the end.”

“You should talk to her. About everything. Your financial situation...” I couldn't let her finish the sentence.

“Stop! I am old enough to take care of myself.”

“But...”

“I don't want to argue with you. You didn't do anything bad and what you did yesterday wasn't selfish at all. But what you are doing right now is. You ignore everything I tell you and do what you want. You know what I think about mother's money and still…” I took my keys and started to take my things.

“Where are you going?”

“I work today.”

“You are kidding, right? Do you think I will let you?”

“No, I have to go there.”

I shut the door behind me and left. Seokjin was right when he told me, we shouldn't argue.

 

When I came to the restaurant, it looked pretty empty for a Saturday evening. Today, there wasn't even Eunah and other waitresses are angels in comparison to her. Getting to the back I suddenly saw Brian. He was taking the pizza boxes to the front.

“What? What are you doing here? Weren't you in hospital?”

“Hi… I feel way better and I didn't want to change my shift on the last moment.”

“Really? But yesterday, you didn't look very well.”

“It's okay. I just needed to eat. And… Brian. I really want to thank you for yesterday. It means a lot to me. I own you.”

“You don't own me anything, Yerim.” he smiled brightly. And he already wanted to leave, when he turned around and shouted. “Or yes. You own me one caramel frappé after work. Or else I won't forgive you.” we both laughed and I finally felt good. Brian started to change my mind.

------

The shift was great. For the first time in my life, I enjoyed it. Customers were nice, waitresses were nice, Brian was nice. I even ate a whole pizza he made me. And now, when our work ended, he waited for me in front of the restaurant.

“So… The caffeé bar is on the end of the street. It's pretty far away. Should I drive you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter