About kisses

10 reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had my actual first kiss when I was 15. There was this guy from the other class… I think we both liked each other, but were too shy to do something. We were intentionally bumping to the other while walking through the school hall or just staring at each other. That time, I had a great group of friends, including Ahreum. I never found out who tell whom, but we ended up in a noreabang with him and his group of friends. And as we were in a good mood, we forgot about our shyness. He sang the cheesiest love song korean pop music industry ever released and then we ended up under stairs kissing. Yeah. It was as discusting as you can imagine. Two 15 year old kids trying to use their tongue for something different than talking or making bubbles out of chewing gums. I still remember how it tasted. I could tell that he ate samgyeopsal before... And he wasn’t afraid of onions, especially. It wasn’t like I really liked it, but I felt mature. I was proud that I did something what adults do. And I thought that with this act, we are definitely going to date. Well, you thought.

Since then, we have never talked. He wasn’t bumping into me intentionally anymore. Instead, everytime we met in the hall he made the biggest detour he could, so I won’t be able to talk to him. And since then I never caught him staring at me either. I was really depressed by that. But I think I got over it when his friend accidently pulled his trousers down on the stage during the school event and he became the laughing stock for everyone. You deserved it!

The thing is... What I took away from it was... That I must really at kissing. So there is one scenario I’m scared of the most. What if me and Jungkook kiss and he will never talk to me again? There is not a big chance, that someone will pull his trousers down too for me to feel better. But, I like Jungkook. I really really like him. I don’t want it to happen. I don’t want him to run away.

-----

 

Wednesday, school cafeteria

 

„Yeah. I need you to be there, Seokjin.“ I was holding the phone between my head and shoulder while using my hands to get my lunch to the free table.

„Why?“ it’s 12 am and he has still a sleepy voice…

„You have that weird protective instinct when I’m around men, right? So I need you to use it. You can’t let me be alone with Jungkook when we arrive.“

„What? Why? Aren’t you already all lovey-dovey?”

„Don’t ask me anything. Just do it.”

„Ahreum is not enough?“

„Why are you asking like you don’t know her. If she knew, the first thing she would do after greeting him would be booking us a hotel room.” He laughed wholeheartedly.

“Yeah. Probably.”

“So you’re coming?”

“What else can I do with you?”

“Thank you! So 7.30 at Hongik University Street. Bye for now.”

“Bye.” I hung and looked in front of me. Oh. Eunseo. She must have sat here while I was talking.

“Hi.” I said and waved awkwardly.

“Hi. How’s it going?”

“Good… actually, really good.”

“Oh… You must have made a progress with that guy. Were you calling with him right now?”

“Hmm? No. I… was calling with a friend. But we’re good.” I breathed in deeply. “And what about you? Any progress with your tangerine?”

“My tangerine… ehmm. Unfortunately not. I don’t have enough courage to show up in front of him. Not yet.”

“Oh… You are giving me a motivational lessons, but when it comes to actually doing something, you are as helpless as me.” I laughed and she smiled a bit.

“Maybe.”

-----

“Do you have any plans for today?” she asked while we were both putting the empty plates on the desk.

“Actually… Yes. Today I’m busy. But if you want, we can meet tomorrow… Or just pick a day, I will make time for you.” I don’t know why I suddenly changed my opinion about her, but I’m starting to like her.

“I will text you then.” She is so beautiful when she smiles. Sometimes I can’t stop looking at her. If I was a boy, I would have already fallen for her.

“Okay.”

-----

I see Ahreum and Seokjin standing on the corner of a coffee shop. They are both looking at the other with that crazily satisfied look on their faces. They probably didn´t even realize that I’m late… Like 15 minutes.

“We have to go. We are late.”

“You mean, you are late.” Ahreum said and only after a few seconds her gaze came from Seokjin to me.

“Yeah… I’m late. We have to go!”

Hongik University Street was full of people. It was crazy. I finally understand why they are performing at this place. Literally anyone can watch them. When we came to the marked area, there was already a performer. A girl with a guitar singing Crush´s Whatever you do. She is good. Really good. Sometimes I wish I didn´t stop playing when I was a child.

Someone put his hand on my shoulder and I literally jumped out of surprise.
“Jungkook! You scared me! What are you doing?”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to. I just, wanted to say hi before I go there. “ he bowed to Ahreum and Seokjin too and then started walking away.

“You are already going?”

“Yeah.”

“Good luck! Should I record it or something?”

“No. Remember it with your head.” He put both his index fingers on the temple and then backed of to the stage.

The girl finished her performance with a big applause and a group of 5 guys came on stage. The tallest one with a light brown hair came to the microphone.

“Hello, we are BTS and we will show you 1 dance cover and 2 of our own choreographies. Take good care of us.” It looked like half of the crowd was here only because of them, because all that screaming was crazy.

Jungkook was wearing ripped black jeans, white T-shirt and had a green shirt tied around his waist. The look in his eyes was different. I almost couldn’t recognize him. Every time our gazes met, his lips curled a little bit. I think I will have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter