What I want

10 reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I'm so sorry Jungkook. I don't know, why I fell asleep here.” Actually, I know. He helped me to forget for a moment. He helped me to stop thinking.

“It's okay. At least you didn't have to use sleeping pills.” he is smiling like nothing happened. And now, a face appeared behind him. The same face I just saw in the photo. Jungkook's brother.

“Oh. Sleeping beauty woke up?” the question was probably directed to Jungkook, but he was looking at me. “I'm Sungjin. His brother. Nice to meet you.”

“Yerim. Kim Yerim.” We shook hands and then smiled, awkwardly. I was some strange girl, he saw for the first time laying in the bed of his brother. It would be weird if it wasn't awkward. I wonder how Jungkook explained it to him.

“Well, we already made breakfast. Do you want to eat?” I nodded and started to get up.

 

“So… What is you dream, Yerim?” Sungjin asked after a while, which surprised me a little bit. Why is he asking about my dreams? Why not about my school, parents, siblings, or anything stable?

“Don't be surprised. For Sungjin, these things are the most important.” Jungkook whispered to my ear. I don't know why. Sungjin was close. He surely heard it.

“My dreams? Well, I want to travel a lot.”

“Is there any specific place where you want to go?”

“Europe. I really want to go there. Greece, Poland, France, Italy… If I could, I would go everywhere.”

“That's a nice goal, but how? Have you thought about how will you get there?”

“Firstly, I need to finish school. Then I want to find a stable job. And actually I hope that my job will help me to get there.”

“What are you studying?”

“Languages. I want to be an interpretor.”

“Ehmm.” he looked like my answer satisfied him.

“You passed my evaluation test.”

“What was it good for?” I asked

“Well. You know what you want. That's good enough.”

“Sungjin believes that a person should always know what he wants. Even if it's food, we shouldn't be indecisive. Maybe that's why he hates me.” they both started laughing.

“You are indecisive?” I asked, surprised.

“In some way, yes.” Jungkook said after carefully chewing his food.

 

“Sooo. Why are you living alone?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.

“We moved here in belief of something better. Sungjin wanted to break through with his music and I got into university. We couldn't take our whole family with us.”

“Oh… I understand. But you must miss them.”

“We are coming back home almost every month. It's not that bad.” Sungjin said and then stood up. “I'm going to the bathroom.”

“I feel stupid.” I said after a while. “I know nothing about you.”

Jungkook didn't make a big deal out of it. “I don't really enjoy talking about myself.”

“What exactly are you studying?”

“Performing arts.”

“You are a music-based family.” I giggled. “And Sungjin?”

“He is just working hard with his band. They are really good by the way. We should go to their concert. They are performing every Saturday at Eolmana cafe.

“That would be great, actually.”

My phone started ringing. Ahreum's name appeared on screen.

“Excuse me.” I said and got back to Jungkook's room.

“Yes?”

“You are kidding Kim Yerim, right?” she said

“What?”

“I talked with your mom. She told me everything.” I couldn't say a word. “I understand you are confused, but where did you sleep for God's sake?!”

“I will explain to you everything later.”

“I got in touch even with that Brian from the restaurant. He said you didn't come to work. And he was really weird by the way. Jin and I already thought he kidnapped you. It would make sense.”

“Stop being so paranoid. Give me half an hour. I will come back.” I hung up and got back to kitchen.

Sungjin and Jungkook were already laughing at something.

“I have to get back.” I said.

“Should I drive you?” Sungjin asked.

“No, it's okay. I will go by bus.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter