Bad kind of coffee

10 reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook froze and I immediately knew that something is wrong. If it was Ahreum, he wouldn't have that surprised and kinda terrified look on his face. It was like one never ending second of me deciding what to do, until I finally went out and stood next to Jungkook.

“Mom?”

Jungkook looked at me with a death in his eyes and then bowed deeply to my mom.

“Annyeonghassimnika, omoni.” In that moment, my mom burst out laughing. Okay, that's not exactly a reaction you have when you come to your daughter's dorm and see her with wet hair, only in clothes you would consider as pyjamas and with a guy you've never met before. But my mom looks like she is having the time of her life. She even had to sit to laugh it off.

“Mom, can you, you know, talk?” I asked after a while. Jungkook looked as confused as me.

“Yes… I just. Yes.” she breathed in and breathed out to calm herself down a little bit, which stopped her laughing but didn't erased that crazy smile on her face.

“What are you doing here?” I asked again.

“I had some business in this area and you wouldn't believe that coincidence! I met Ahreum and Seokjin. They told me you are sick and Ahreum gave me your door code to check if you are okay. I can't believe, you didn't call me.” They what? They knew, I came home with Jungkook and they still sent my mother here? That's a really bad joke. “But who is this young man?” she asked and the corners of went up again.

“I'm Jungkook. It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Kim.” he said.

“Mrs Lee. She got remarried.” I whispered into his ear. I never saw his face as red as now.

“Mrs. Lee.” He corrected his words immediately.

“It's nice to meet you too, Jungkook.” My mom absolutely ignored his little mistake and couldn't stop smiling at him. Then she turned back to me. “So… It looks like you have enough people to take care of you.”

“Jungkook just…”

“No. It's okay. It's perfectly fine. How old are you Jungkook?”

“22.”

“You see. You are both adults, you can do what you want.”

“No mom… We weren't doing anything. He just brought me home and was afraid that my temperature will go up in the shower so…”

“He showered with you?” she started laughing again.

“No!! I swear he didn't.”

“I said it's okay… If you are safe, it's absolutely okay.” I thought that there won't be anything more embarrassing than Jungkook seeing my bare face and terrible clothes. But it looks like there can be always something worse.

“Omoni, we really didn't do anything.” Jungkook said. My mom still obviously didn't believe our words, but at least stopped talking about it.

“So how long are you together?” we were both quiet. “You are dating. Or not?”

“Yes, we are. But it's only a few days.”
“Ahhh. I see..” she looks like she is taking picture of us with her eyes. “I brought you some fresh fruit. It will certainly help you to get well soon.”

“Thanks… But you didn't have to. It's expensive.”

“But the health of my daughter is too precious.”

“I should go.” Jungkook said. “Again, it was really nice to meet you Mrs. Lee.” I can' stop him.

“No… The pleasure is on my side. I should surprise Yerim with my visit more often if it means I will always find here some handsome young man.” What did she just say?

“Mom!”

“What? Last time, there was that blond guy… The one from your work I think.” Jungkook somehow changed his expression. He knows nothing about Younghyun and me.

“That was my co-worker, mom.”

“But Ahreum said he wanted to date you.” I was watching Jungkook slowly putting his shoes on, probably to hear more or to find some explanation in our conversation.

“No… You heard wrong.”

I came to Jungkook to see him off and gave him a short kiss. “I will explain it to you later. My mom is kinda crazy.”

“I didn't give you my reason yet.”

“Reason number 8?” I asked surprised.

“Yes… I believe you. I don't need to know everything. And if your blond co-worker is not important enough for me to know about him, you don't have to tell me.”

“Maybe he is not. But I will tell you later. And now, go. Or my mom will start to talk about things she does in a shower.”

-----

After my mom left, the first thing I started to do was looking for my phone. I need to call Ahreum and get an explanation. It's not on my bed. It's not on my table either. I didn't put it in the bathroom and… The pockets on my jacket are empty. Someti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter