Collecting apples

10 reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today doesn't have to be so bad. I have school since 9 to 3 and I don't have work. I don't know how would I stand in front of Brian after everything that happened. It's not like I already didn't plan the direction of our relationship. And it's even worse because Ahreum and Seokjin know about it. I decided I won't outrun with my thoughts and I won't form my opinions about people based on one good thing they do for me.

When I woke up, Ahreum had been already gone. I made a coffee, ate one of her croissants and then headed out.

-----

Great. So it turned out I got E from my test, which is better than I expected but doesn't lower my disappointment. Now I have to actually make some time for learning. And I still didn't complete my project for psychology. I have to do it today. I headed out to the library, when I saw him. Holding one umbrella and looking to the sky. Yeah. It should rain today.

“Hi.” I said and he finally made eye contact with me.

“Hi! I didn't know you had already finished.”

“Yeah… He let us go earlier.” I sighted. “But why are you here? We were together yesterday.”

“You said we should see each other for longer next time.”

“But it doesn't have to mean on the other day.” I laughed.

“I have time, you have time, so it doesn't really matter.”

“Not really. I have to complete my assignment.”

“Will it take a long time?”

“No… Maybe an hour or so. You can go with me to the library and read something if you want.”

“Sounds good.”


-----

I was finishing with writing my conclusion when I looked around. Jungkook was sitting in front of me with an open book, head supported by his hand and closed eyes. He looked… innocent. And way too good for a mere student. It was the first time I could actually look at him without worrying if he will take it like some signal from me. He started to move, so I looked back at my screen and started checking my work.

“Have you finished?” he asked with a sleepy voice.

“5 minutes and it's done.”

“Great!”

 

“So now I have to put those books back to where they belong.” There were a lot of them, but not enough for me to not lift them.

“Wait, wait, wait! I will help you.” he said and took the upper half. “And I have second reason.”

“Really? What is it.”

“You must admit that men are naturally stronger than women.”

“But that doesn't mean that women aren't strong. I lifted those books, didn't I?”

“Yeah. You did. But if there were more, you wouldn't be able to.”

“So I would turn around once more and did it twice.”

“You know, you are a little bit like my sister.” he said.

“You have sister?”

“Yes. She is 9 and really… peculiar. Last year, when we were collecting apples, she really amused me. We first put them into the bucket and then they are taken to boxes. So she was under the tree, putting them into that bucket. When it was full I wanted to take it, empty the bucket and bring it back. But she didn't want to give it to me. She said. 'The fact that I am girl doesn't mean I can't take it. I am strong enough!'” I smiled admittedly. “It wouldn't be so funny if that bucket wasn't almost as big as her.”

“But did she take it?”

“Yeah, she did. A few times. Only later did I find out,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter