Chapter 2

The Secret Door

     Even the first meeting didn’t goes really well, Mina and Momo still made it together. They got to say their vow and now officially a married couple. Mina couldn’t believe it that she is now Hirai Momo’s wife. She had never felt this devastated.

 

Somehow, Hirai Momo succeed to plead her father to stay in her apartment. And of course, with condition that Mina had to live with her. Although Momo didn’t like the idea, she had no choice but to follow, or she gonna say good bye to her beloved apartment.

 

And so, Mina ended up dragging her luggage to Momo’s apartment unit. She also couldn’t believe that her father threatened her to cut all her credit cards if she resist to live with Momo.

 

“Hey!” Mina called out for Momo who was walking ahead her about five steps away. Momo stopped and turned to face Mina. “What?”

 

“Can’t you at least help me?” Mina said, trying to hold her annoyed voice as she was literally asking for help. She saw Momo smiled, thinking that she would help her pulling her freakin’ heavy luggage. Plus, her favourite penguin plushie on it. But instead of walking towards her, Momo turned and walked away, leaving Mina dumbfounded.

 

“Hey! Ugh, I can’t believe this!” Mina stomped on her feet but nonetheless drags her luggage following behind Momo. “You’re heartless,” Mina spoke up as she caught up beside Momo. Momo stopped. “What?” She asked, stopping too. Just then, she witnessed that Momo leaned in her face with her, keeping their eyes at the same level. Mina’s breath hitched.

 

“I was about to help you,”

 

Mina let her hope high. This girl is not too bad. Momo pulled off and smiled.

 

“But we’re here already.” Momo punched the password on the door lock and pushed the door open after the beep sound.

 

Damn.

 

“Come in.”

 

#

 

“That’s your room. Mine is just across yours. If there’s problem, knock on my door.” Momo said, She looked at Mina and continue, “But I will be glad if you don’t.”

 

“Tch. Like I want.” Mina scoffed and Momo glared at her for saying that. But nonetheless, she still continue to explain about his apartment.

 

“Kitchen is over there. If you don’t know how to cook, don’t ever try to touch it.”

 

Mina rolled her eyes.

 

“This is living room. You can watch the TV but keep the volume low. I prefer silence.”

 

Mina nodded.

 

“That’s all. Oh, and one more thing. You see that room over there?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Don’t enter.”

 

Mina was about to ask why but she was cut by Momo’s words.

 

“You can rest and unpack your things. I will be in my room.” With that, Momo disappeared behind the door.

 

#

 

Mina was hungry. It was dinner time and Mina don’t know how to cook. She was thinking about knocking on Momo’s door and that’s why she was walking back and forth in front of her room. Mina was fidgeting whether to knock on the door or not. She stopped in front of his door and think for a while.

 

“Hey, it’s not that I’m too hungry. I can bear it for tonight. Yeah, this could be think as my diet.” Mina said to herself. She was reassuring herself again when the door swung opened by none other than Hirai Momo. Momo was shocked to see the girl that obviously standing in front of her room door.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Mina was froze by her tongue. Damn, what is she going to reply? She was hungry and she couldn’t say that she doesn’t now how to cook. Momo will , she was sure of that.

 

“Hello? Myoui Mina?” Momo waved her hand in front of her face to grab her attention. “Yes?” Oh my, she was caught off guard.

 

“What are you doing here?” Momo asked again.

 

It’s now or never. She is damn hungry. “I’m hungry.” She shyly said.

 

Then she heard a chuckle. It was clearly coming from Momo. “Oh my, you really don’t know how to cook?” Mina looked down. She was right that she gonna being tease by her. Ugh, she really hate her right now.

 

“Come on. I will cook us dinner.”

 

#

 

A plate was put in front of Mina. The smell of fresh made Rose pasta by Momo made her hunger rose up. She didn’t expect that Momo know how to cook. But this can taste bad too, Mina thought.

 

“You must be thinking that this would taste bad in your mind, right?” Momo said. “Eat.”

 

Mina lifted up the fork and shoved some of the pasta in . As soon that pasta land on her tongue, Mina was never be this grateful to this devouring taste of the food. She chewed carefully and swallowed it. A smile unconsciously escaped her lips. She shoved another spoonful pasta. Momo chuckled seeing that.

 

“I know it taste delicious but at least say something.” Momo said. There still chuckle left at the end of her word. Mina glared at her.

 

“I admit this taste good but I don’t want to make your hope high.” She said. “Anyway, thanks.”

 

Momo smiled. Maybe married to Myoui Mina wasn’t bad at all. This girl is cute.

 

#

 

Two week passed just like that to the newly-wed couple. Finally, Mr. Hirai said he gonna give the company to Momo and they wanted to held a special ceremony to introduce Momo as the new CEO of HR Ent.

 

And so, Momo talked to Mina that night before the event tomorrow.

 

“My father want to hold an event to introduce me as the new CEO tomorrow night.” Momo said. They were sitting at the couch in front of the TV.

 

“So?” Mina asked without taking her eyes off the TV. Momo felt annoyed and snatched the remote from Mina and turned it off. “Hey!”

 

“I was talking so listen to me.” She said. Nonetheless, Mina sighed and decided to hear her. “Talk.”

 

“So, as I said, my father want to—“

 

“You have said that. Straight to the point, please.”

 

Momo sneered. “I just want to remind you that we’re married and you are my wife. Many media will come tomorrow and I don’t want us to be so stiff and awkward with each other.”

 

“So?”

 

“Just for the event, I promise, at least we act as a happy couple. Will you do that?”

 

“What if I refuse?”

 

“Get out of my house.”

 

“Fine. I will go to my house then.” Mina replied, don’t want to lose.

 

Momo smirked. “Oh, I thought your father will cut off all your credit cards?”

 

Damn.

 

“Fine. I will.” Mina said and left Momo to her room.