Chapter 1

The Secret Door

     Momo was freakin’ tired when she was called by her almighty father to meet him in the office. Not that she can’t complain, but the latter seems so serious by the tone he used as he voiced out Momo’s full name, and at the moment, Momo knew that she really need to rush over.

 

She packed her things and lastly bid a good bye to her favourite dongsaeng, the owner of the gym she went to before speeding off her black Lamborghini. Upon arriving the 10-storey building, Momo changed into a more proper shirt and sprayed some perfume to get rid of the sweaty odour from her body after two hours of work out.

 

By the time she knocks on the entrance of her father’s office, she was called by the same cold voice and was invited to sit on the couch. An awkward silence quickly engulfs the largest office room as the oldest Hirai was sipping on his tea. Only after he put the cup on it’s plate, Momo broke the silent.

 

“What’s the matter, otou-san?”

 

Mr. Hirai, the president of HR Ent. didn’t answer her and stared at Momo instead. Momo became frustrated at this rate because they were sitting almost ten minutes without having any topic.

 

“What did I do this time?”

 

Momo is the second yet the last child of Hirai Kazama, and she gonna inherit her father’s company. The Hirai’s family had leading the entertainment industries for quite a while now. All the artist under the company were all well-known over the world, mostly presenting J-pop and K-pop. But the way the youngest Hirai act was never entertain her father. Then, a few pieces of papers that somehow look like pictures were threw by Mr. Hirai.

 

“What’s the deal now, Momo? Who’s this girl you brought to your apartment again?”

 

Oh, sh*t. He knew.

 

“Otou-san, I was—“

 

“What kind of excuses that you wanna say now? From what I remember the last time you were here, you promised me to not repeat this thing again. What are you gonna say now? Remember Momo, your father here is leading the biggest entertainment company and you as my daughter just created another controversy?”

 

Momo sneered. “What? I can’t enjoy my life now? Just ignore what the media said, otou-san. It’s not like they will take this company from you. Thus, I still gonna inherit this from you.” Momo replied.

 

“You’re not gonna inherit this company.”

 

“Pardon? What do you mean? You can’t inherit this to Hana. She is married now and her husband own a company too.”

 

“You’re not gonna inherit this company until you married the Myoui’s daughter.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

#

 

“No, dad. I’m not going to marry this random girl!”

 

“Mina, her name is Hirai Momo and she is not just any random girl.“

 

Mina snorted. “What’s the prove? What this Hirai Mono do?”

 

Mr. Myoui can only sigh at his daughter’s snobbish act. She is sure got her mother’s treat. Snobbish, cold yet unpredictable. He can’t do anything because Mina is his only daughter. The one he loves so much.

 

“Firstly, it’s Momo not Mono.” He paused while Mina scoffs. This girl really. “You know HR Ent. right?” Mina nods. “Of course. I like all their artist.”

 

“She is the heir of the company. She is not some random girl.”

 

Mina widen her eyes at the statement. She is shocked, totally shocked at her father’s word but later manages to compose herself although she was still gawking at the matter of fact. “Y-You mean?”

 

“I’m planning to widen our fashion empire by marrying you to Mr. Hirai’s daughter. How would it sound when the biggest fashion company join another big company? Doesn’t it sound so wow?” Mr. Myoui smiles. “And maybe you could meet all the artist too.”

 

Mina remained silent. She really doesn’t like this idea of marrying at this time because hell, she just returned to Korea 2 weeks ago. Her thought was interrupted by her father’s voice.

 

“Whatever in your mind is, you still gonna marry her. Meet her this night.”

 

#

 

And so, here is Mina, sitting alone at the table in this fancy restaurant. 15 minutes passed, but there’s still no sign of this Hirai girl. Only after another 10 minutes, Mina looks up to a figure who was standing by the table.

 

“Are you perhaps, Myoui Mina?”

 

Ah, this must be the Hirai’s daughter. Instead of greeting the girl nicely, she gave her infamous glare towards her.

 

“Don’t you see the time? You’re late about 25 minutes, Hirai Mono.”

 

Mina heard the other scoff. Oh, really? Mina eyed the latter as she leisurely pulled out the chair and sat across Mina. Her hands were intertwining together and somehow gave Mina that unknown vibes.

 

“You’re snobbish as ever.”

 

Mina widen her eyes upon hearing Momo’s statement.

 

“By the way, my name is Hirai Momo, not Mono.” She said and chuckled by the end of her word. No, Mina was not embarrassed but she was literally annoyed at this girl.

 

“Tch. I don’t care. I still gonna call you whatever I want.” Mina retorted, diverting her eyes away from staring into Momo’s eyes anymore.

 

“So hard head as a girl. I like.” Momo replied. Oh, how annoyed Mina at the time when Momo was giving that smirk. How she want to rip that smirk of her oh-so-confident face. However, Mina was cut off when she want to reply the latter. “Should I call you Mini then?”

 

“Shut up. Ugh, I can’t believe that I was forced to marry you. Even this first meeting is the worst ever.”

 

“It’s not like haven’t been force too, Mini.”