Chapter 6

The Secret Door

     Momo took her blazer and loosened her tie. Putting her phone and car key on the table, she slumped her body on the bed. A heavy sigh escaped . Why she felt exhausted today? Momo didn’t know and closed her eyes. The pill was taking its role.

 

And hour later, Momo woke up and decided to take a fresh bath. She glanced at the clock and realised it’s almost dinner time. Oh no, she needs to cook for both her and Mina. She wore a decend clothes and walked out straight to the kitchen. To her surprise, Mina was already there and she was holding a pan. Remembering that Mina doesn’t know how to cook, Momo quickly rushed to her. Oh no, she didn’t think to cook alone, right?

 

“What are you doing?” Momo suddenly said from behind Mina, almost made Mina had a heart attack. “You acknowledge that you didn’t know how to cook, right?” Momo asked.

 

Mina looked down. She was embarrassed all of sudden. She was hungry and she thought that Momo wouldn’t come out from her room. She afraid to knock on her door because of what had happened yesterday.

 

“I…”

 

“Let me cook.” Momo came closer, so close to Mina that she can smelled Momo’s shampoo. Momo took the pan from her hand and walked pass her. “Go watch the TV first.” Momo said. Mina couldn’t say no, so she complied and watched the TV, though that there’s nothing much to watch.

 

Mina was bored. The TV programs were not entertaining. She rather watch Momo cooking. Wait, what?

 

And so, Mina felt like a stupid person to peep at Momo who was busy cooking dinner. Momo had her sleeves up to her elbow and an apron was wrapped to her waist. She looked like a professional. The way she cut the vegetables, it looked so hot. Suddenly, she remembered that one time when Momo helped her with the shower. That’s why she felt like a dejavu. Oh, Mina is so sentimental.

 

She was busy looking at Momo. She didn’t even realised that Momo looked at her back. Mina had her palm to supported her chin. Oh my, she was like a creepy stalker. Momo had noticed from earlier though, but she’s typical Momo who like to act cool all the time. She purposely cut the vegetables faster, like a pro chef. Not to mention, she also picked up the pan and jumbling the ingredients inside. It’s a relieved that she didn’t use that flaming fire over the pan like they always did at the 5-stars hotel.

 

Mina was snapped to the reality when Momo called her. She jolted up from the couch, almost tripping over nothing while walking to the dining room. As soon as she sit, she was greeted by a great aroma of kimchi fried rice, freshly made by Chef Momo. The steam that coming from the food also made her drooling inside.

 

“Eat.” Momo said as she started eating. Mina looked at the food then to Momo. To be honest, she still felt awkward, and to mention that Momo was currently eating in front of her, made her nervous all of sudden. “You’re not going to eat?”

 

For the umpteenth times, Mina was snapped back by the same voice. She picked up her spoon and shoved a spoonful of the rice in . Oh my, how in the earth that Momo can cook deliciously? Probably because she likes to eat. Mina who was delighted by the first bite of Momo’s kimchi fried rice, started to eat like there’s no tomorrow. Well, she didn’t have a proper lunch today though.

 

Momo was surprised that Mina didn’t even look up from her plate. She was grateful that Mina like what she had cooked for them. There’s not much ingredient left, so she just cook what they have. She should remind herself to buy the ingredient later. Suddenly, an idea popped up in her head.

 

“The groceries almost gone.” Momo started and Mina looked up to face Momo. “Come with me to the mart.”

 

Mina wanted to say no, but part of herself wanted to say yes too. Mina left with no choice when Momo said. “Silent means agree. Wear something decent.”

 

#

 

So, here was Mina, sitting at the passenger seat of Momo’s car while the latter drove the car towards the nearest mart. The atmosphere was an awkward silent. They not even apologise to each other. Mina didn’t know what is their status now.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Actually, Mina didn’t know what the purpose of her following Momo to the mart when it was just the latter who knows what to buy. Momo pushed the cart towards Mina. Mina was startled.

 

“Push this.” Momo said and walked away. Mina was annoyed by Momo so much, but she couldn’t resist. She afraid if Momo scold her again. And so, Mina pushed the cart besides Momo, following wherever she goes.

 

“Are you perhaps, Hirai Momo of HR Ent?” A voice suddenly interrupted them. Momo and Mina turned behind.

 

“Yes, it’s me. And you…?” Momo asked.

 

“Oh my, it’s really you! I’m sorry. Actually, I’m your fan!” The person exclaimed. Momo furrowed her eyebrows. She has a fan? She’s not an artist though? From what she remember, she is the CEO of HR Ent.

 

“M-My fan?” Momo asked.

 

“Yeah. To be exact, I’m a fan to both of you!” Said the person, referring to the blur Mina besides Momo. Mina was startled at the mention of her in their conversation.

 

“Why… including me?” Mina asked.

 

The person’s smile widen. “I ship both of you! To be honest, you guys look great together. Actually, it just not me, but many people in South Korea are shipping you guys! It’s a luck for me to meet you guys face to face.”

 

“Uh-um… Thank you.” Momo replied. To be honest, she didn’t even know what to reply. That’s the only word came out of . While Mina was still starstrucked with this kind of event. Like, what is happening in here?

 

“If you don’t mind, may I take a picture with both of you?”

 

“Oh, s-sure.” Momo said. She looked at Mina and mouthed her to come closer. Mina went beside Momo, she still felt uncomfortable. And right then, she felt Momo’s arm wrapped around her waist. Luckily she didn’t shout or it would attract the whole mart. “Smile.” Momo whispered as she smile to the camera. How the hell she should smile?!

 

“Thank you. It was an honour to meet you guys. I wish you guys will be the happiest couple in the earth.” With that, the person walked away.

 

Momo was smiling to the person as she goes, while Mina kept her still shocked face. Mina looked to her waist and saw that Momo’s hand was still wrapped around it. “Erm, Momo?”

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t you want your h-hand back?”

 

Momo quickly retreated her hand from Mina’s waist. She awkwardly scratched her neck and ran her eyes away from Mina. Her cheeks flushed a light pink. While Mina’s cheeks were tinted with a bright red. She was more shy than Momo.

 

“L-Let’s go.” Mina said as she pushed the cart away.

 

Why the heck I’m blushing?

 

#

 

That night, Mina couldn’t sleep. The memory of Momo side hugging her at the mart earlier kept looping all over. She still remembered the soft touch of Momo’s hand wrapping her waist. Somehow, she felt like Momo didn’t want to release the hug, but that would be absurd.

 

She was stressed.

 

#

 

The next day, Mina went out. She went to the previous café that she met with Nayeon. No, she didn’t plan to meet with Nayeon, but she would be glad if someone would suddenly pop up and keep her company here. What a luck, suddenly a voice called for her name.

 

“Mina unnie?”

 

Mina looked up and saw the person standing before her. Somehow the face looked familiar. “Who are you?”

 

“Oh my, did you forget me?” The person asked. “It’s me, Chaeyoung!”

 

Mina’s eyebrows perked up. “Chaeyoung?” Mina shocked. “Omo! It’s you!”

 

“Ne, unnie. Can I sit here?”

 

“Sure.” Mina smiled. “I’m sorry, Chaeyoung-ah. You cut your hair that’s why I can’t recognise you.”

 

“Yeah, summer is coming so I wanna try a boyfriend cut this time.” Chaeyoung replied. “I feel fresh.”

 

“You’re right. I should get a hair cut too.” Mina said. Actually, she was wondering before if she should change her hair style. Her hair has been red for a long time though. Now that she saw Chaeyoung looking fresh with new haircut, she thought that she should really get a new hair style.

“You should go to this hair saloon. I went here two days ago to get my hair done.” Chaeyoung recommended.

 

“Can you bring me there?”

 

“Sure, unnie.”
 

#

 

Mina was looking through the magazine to get an idea for her new hair style. She thought that her hair is long, so she wanted to cut it shorter. A shoulder length should be good. Right then, she saw this one picture in the magazine which it’s model got a really nice hair colour.

 

Mina showed the picture to the stylist and the latter started her job. Mina looked over to Chaeyoung who sat at the couch, waving to Mina’s direction. Mina gave her a thumb up.

 

A few hours later, the stylist almost finish her job and gave a finale touch to Mina’s brand new hair. It’s funny how Mina didn’t even plan her day and somehow she ended up in a saloon, getting her hair done.

 

“It’s done, miss.”

 

Mina looked at her reflection on the mirror. Wow, she didn’t expect the colour turned out nice. She was having a second thought earlier whether to get the colour right or not. But luckily it turned out really well.

 

“Wow, unnie. Strawberry blonde really suits you well.” Chaeyoung complimented her as she came over to Mina.

 

“Does it seems good?” Mina asked, feeling unsure.

 

“Of course, unnie. You become prettier!”

 

“Thanks, Chaeyoung-ah~” Mina smiled as she pinched Chaeyoung’s cheek playfully.

 

#

 

CLICK!

 

Jeongyeon looked up as she heard the door clicked upon, only to see her perfect girlfriend smiling at her. Jeongyeon’s tense face quickly loosened, a smile crept up to her face. Nayeon took that as a queue for her to enter the office.

 

“Are you okay? You look stress.” Nayeon said as she went beside Jeongyeon who was massaging her temple. Nayeon cup her face. “It’s scary, you know.”

 

Jeongyeon let out a small chuckle. She reached for Nayeon’s hand on her cheek. “And you suddenly being lovely like this is not scary at all?” She quickly received a pinch from the pouting girl.

 

“Hey, I’m just doing my job as a girlfriend okay…” Nayeon said.

 

“Wha—Glad to hear that after a total of 4 years dating you.” Jeongyeon replied. Another pinch on her waist. “Ouch!”

 

“Serve you right!” Nayeon said. “Anyway, dinner?”

 

Jeongyeon sighed as she looked at the documents piling on her table. “Well, you see… I have many works.” She said. Nayeon knew where this lead for. Obviously, Jeongyeon was busy and of course she have no time for Nayeon. But her answer next was unexpected for Nayeon.

 

“But works can wait.” Jeongyeon stood up and wrapped her arm around Nayeon’s waist. “Let’s go.”

 

#

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon went to their favourite restaurant that owned by their other best friend, Jihyo. They ordered two set of Jihyo’s special naengmyeon and waited for it. By the time they kept waiting, Nayeon started her stories.

 

“I met Mina a few days ago.”

 

“What—you didn’t tell me!”

 

Nayeon scoffed. “I did. I texted you and by the way you reacted, it was sure that you didn’t read it, right?”

 

Jeongyeon could only grin. She unlocked her phone and scrolled the mailbox. Nayeon was right. “You did sent it much.” She said. “I’m sorry. I didn’t checked my phone for three days straight.”

 

“Whatever. Anyway, they seems to have problems.” Nayeon continued. Jeongyeon furrowed her eyebrows upon hearing the word ‘they’. She thought that Nayeon just met Mina?

 

“They? Who is the other one?”

 

“I mean, Momo and Mina. I met Mina but she seems a bit out of herself. She always lost in thought.” Nayeon said. “I think the two of them had problems.”

 

Jeongyeon frowned. “Could it be… because of her…?”

 

“I don’t know. Mina didn’t tell. But I thought about that too.” Nayeon replied. Their ordered arrived and they started to eat.

 

“We know that Momo still can’t get over her. It has a possibility for that reason.” Jeongyeon said as she drank her apple juice.

 

“Momo didn’t say something at you? She didn’t call you?” Nayeon asked.

 

“I just told you that I didn’t check my phone. But for sure, I didn’t see Momo’s name in call log.” Jeongyeon said. “So, what did you guys do that day?”

 

“I introduced her to your no-jam dongsaeng. I must tell you this, they clicked really well! OMG, they looked so cute!”

 

“Okay okay…” Jeongyeon eyed her girlfriend weirdly. “Then?”

 

“Oh, then—“

 

PYONG!

 

Nayeon’s phone buzzed. A new message just entered. “Wait a minute,” Nayeon unlocked her phone and checked the new message. Oh my, speak of the devil—it’s from Chaeyoung.

 

“OMO!”

 

Jeongyeon almost choke on her noodles. “W-What happened?”

 

Nayeon didn’t answer but showed her phone to Jeongyeon instead. It’s a selfie picture of Chaeyoung and Mina with a new hair style.

 

“Omo! Is that really Mina?!” Nayeon nodded. “Wow! This is a culture shock!”

 

“Right? Omo, I have to send this to Momo!” Nayeon said.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyeong my special readers!

Thank you for those who like this story. I'm glad that I received many good feedback which inspire me to write more! Oh, about changing this story title, on second thought, I think that's not necessary. Actually, I can't come out with any good title, which I think it's better to keep this old title. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter as well as other upcoming chapters.

Once again, thank you very much.

P/s: That fangirl at mart is me XD I made a cameo HAHAHA XD