Chapter 13

The Secret Door

     Mina quickly dragged Momo to the restroom for a quick discussion. She can’t believe her ears. Momo just agreed something immediately without discussing with her. How can Mina stay silent? She is part of it!

 

Earlier…

 

“What kind of favor?” Momo asked as they settled themselves in a cozy restaurant place around the market. She was facing Heechul while Mina on her right side.

 

The young older PD seems to hesitate for a while, whether for him to explain his purpose or not. Truthfully, he felt a bit nervous because the idea came so suddenly and he didn’t plan it either. It was an idea from one of the staff. Heechul rubbed his nape nervously.

 

“It’s okay. You can tell me.” Momo assured the older guy. Heechul’s curved into a small smile. He cleared his throat before proceeding.

 

“Um—You see, Momo-ssi. I told you earlier that we were recording for a travelling program on TV. So… I want to ask a small favor here…” Heechul started. “You see, the program still recording for the very first episode and if you don’t mind… can you and your wife make a cameo?”

 

“Cameo? You mean…”

 

“Yeah, a cameo. I believe that if you appear on our first episode, it will attract people’s interest. You guys are a hot topic, you know. It will be a hit. I’m sure.”

 

Momo looked towards Mina. The latter had a confused face, probably still trying to process the young PD’s words. Mina turned to face Momo, eyes met. Momo knew Mina was reluctant by the look she gave to Momo. But…

 

“Why not.” She said, still looking into Mina’s eyes. “I’m sure it would be interesting.”

 

Mina tugged on Momo’s shirt, gaining the latter’s attention. “We need to talk,” she whispered. It’s sound stern, yet Momo didn’t feel afraid.

 

#

 

“Why did you agree to him?!” Mina raised her voice. Even Momo can’t believe that Mina actually had a loud voice. Momo flinched, but she regained compose. She stood straight and looked into Mina’s eyes.

 

“Why not? I think it would be fun.” Momo replied rather calmly.

 

Mina scoffed. “It’s not fun at all. You think it would be easy to appear in front of the camera? You know that we always fight over little things!” She said.

 

“Then, we stop.”

 

“I refuse PDAs.”

 

“Whatever you said. I’m not gonna convince. We’ve agreed and we must do it.” Momo said.

 

Mina sighed. “Don’t you get it? All the things they wanted is attraction by using us as a romance couple. They would want us to hold hand and… and… being affectionate to each other!” Mina retorted.

 

“And what’s wrong with that?” Momo asked, making the other girl to change her expression. She was confused. Momo stepped forward, and caused Mina to step back and trapped against the wall. Momo put a hand on the wall, leaning her face closer towards Mina. Mina’s head hit the wall.

 

“We’re married anyways.” Momo whispered seductively, in intention to tease the now blushing woman. Mina gulped and snapped as she pushed Momo’s body away.

 

“L-Let’s go out. They’re waiting.” Mina excused as she rushed away from Momo.

 

Momo smiled.

 

“Cute.”

 

#

 

And that’s how they settle at a nice park, sitting beside each other on a bench, with cameras rolling around them. They had agreed to act earlier. When Mina started thought this is quite okay, Heechul came and said the words she didn’t want to hear the most.

 

“This is fine actually but it will be nicer if Momo-ssi put a hand around Mina-ssi’s shoulder. Don’t mind the camera here. Just act like how you always do.” Heechul said with a wink.

 

“This is not how we treat each other,” Mina mumbled but Momo heard it. She smirked and moved closer to Mina. Mina’s breath started to hitch because Momo was sitting so close to her, shoulders hitting each other, as Momo’s thigh slowly brushing hers.

 

Momo lifted her arm and wrapped one around Mina, only to caught her off guard. Mina didn’t see that was coming, and jumped in shock as Momo pulled her closer, making her to lean on Momo’s shoulder.

 

Surprisingly, the feeling started to fade away as Mina felt comfortable after being wrapped by Momo. She didn’t even realised that a small smile crept up on her lips. Her hand started to act without notice, as it wrapping around Momo’s waist, snuggling closer.

 

Meanwhile, it was a chaos in Momo’s stomach. She felt uncomfortable with the weird feeling churning in her belly. Like there was a zoo in there. Not to mention, her heart rate is increasing as her body received Mina’s heat. Her nose caught a fainted scent of Mina’s jasmine perfume too.

 

To Heechul, he thought this was the perfect moment to record it all. He instructed his staffs to roll the camera, as the sun started to set in the evening. The beautiful scenery, with a lake in front of them complete the romantic scene. Heechul thinks that they really suit each other.

 

#

 

“Thank you for letting us cooperate with you. It’s an honour actually.” Heechul said as a grateful sign for the couple. The day was getting dark as sun finally hid itself and letting the moon to shine. The team had wrapped up the things, and they will took their own way.

 

Momo said it was nothing. She was glad too. Mina stood still beside her while the two said their final words.

 

“I hope we can meet again in Korea. For business maybe?” Heechul joked. Momo smiled. “I will look forward to it.” She replied.

 

Heechul and his team left, leaving Momo and Mina alone. Momo looked over to Mina and saw her shivering.

 

“You cold?” Momo’s asked worriedly. Mina’s nose is red, and started to runny too.

 

Mina could only nod. At this time, Momo regretted that she didn’t bring her sweater. She thought that the summer night won’t feel as chill as other season. Momo shrugged the thought off and proceed to Mina.

 

“Let’s go home.”

 

#

 

After a warm ride in the taxi, they arrived Momo’s grandparents house 30 minutes later. Mina’s condition didn’t get any better. Momo walked Mina to their room, and wrapped the poor girl around thick blanket.

 

She even prepared her a warm bath and made a hot chocolate for her to drink after she’s taking the warm bath. Momo was slightly busy taking care of Mina without her realising it. Even Mina didn’t notice the extra care by Momo and how worried she could be. By now, Momo went for her turn to take the warm bath as Mina wrapped herself with blanket again while sipping the hot chocolate again.

 

She’s waiting for Momo. In the mean time, her thoughts were brought to the time at the park, reminiscent the moment when she snuggled against Momo and how she heard the loud sound of a beating heart.

 

The sound was belong to Momo. Mina had no idea at why she felt calm at the sound as it drumming on her ear. Mina sipped the drink and smiled softly.

 

The door slid open and revealed Momo after a bath with her hair still dripping wet. She went to Mina and asked for her condition.

 

“You okay? You look pale just now,” Momo asked as her hand reached for Mina’s forehead. Then she leaned to plant her own forehead on Mina’s to feel her temperature. It’s a Japanese thing, but Mina was too caught off guard and the mug slipped off her hand making the content to spill on her mattress.

 

“Ah!” She wailed and Momo jumped out in shocked. Both had their cheeks flushed in bright red. Momo diverted her eyes to anything to cover her emotions as Mina jumped away from the ruined mattress.

 

“You don’t have to do that, you know!” Mina said, flustered.

 

“I didn’t realise, okay? Obaa-san always do it to me and I was caught up!” Momo defensed herself. Mina ruffled her hair in frustration.

 

“Now what to do? I don’t have a place to sleep anymore! The weather is cold at night!” Mina whined. Momo was bothered by it. Too bothered and stressed until she said,

 

“Then, sleep on mine!” Momo stood up to pick up the mug and the ruined mattress outside. Mina can just watch, as she was shocked by Momo’s sudden outburst. Maybe a few minutes later, she regained her compose again. Momo finally entered the room again.

 

Momo tried her best to not look at Mina in the eyes. She was shocked by her own words too. She didn’t realise it was coming. And now she don’t know what to do.

 

“Uhm…”

 

“Err…”

 

Both started at the same time and was too shy to continue. Then, Momo decided to break the silence.

 

“You can sleep on mine.” Momo said.

 

“How about you? Where are you gonna sleep?” Mina asked.

 

“It’s okay. I will sleep on floor. You’re the guest.” Momo replied.

 

“But—“

 

“Just sleep, Mina.” Momo said. She took a her pillow and lie herself on the cold floor. Mina can only look at the girl. She would get a backache tomorrow. Mina went to Momo’s mattress and made herself comfortable. It smells like Momo, and Mina felt guilty.

 

Mina shifted on the mattress and faced Momo.

 

“Hey,” she called. “We can share, you know.”

 

Momo eyes were opened slowly as she looked at Mina like she was crazy. Mina took it as a queue to talk again. “I mean, you will get a backache if you sleep on floor. Or catch a cold.” A silence.

 

“I don’t mind to share.” Mina continued. After a moment of no reaction from the latter, Mina took it as a no. But then suddenly, Momo sit up.

 

“Don’t regret tomorrow morning.” Momo said as she moved closer. Mina smiled and pulled the blanket so Momo can get under it.

 

“This is much better,” Momo commented as the warmth surging her body. She had to admit that the floor was damn cold. Mina bit her lips as she looked at the latter.

 

“Thank you, Momo.” Mina said and this caused Momo to open her eyes again.

 

“For?”

 

“For today.” Mina smiled. “Today was fun, I had to admit it.”

 

“Me too. It’s fun to have a company.” Momo yawned.

 

“Of course. You’re surprisingly kind today. Not too much, but quite kind. I was grateful, and surprise.” Mina said.

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Momo yawned again. “Can’t you sleep already? I’m too tired to talk now.” She said as she closed her eyes, to sleep.

 

Mina scoffed.

 

“Tch. Grumpy.”

 

She said and turned to back facing Momo, finally to sleep.

 

Momo who still doesn’t sleep, smiled in silence.

 

“I was surprise with myself too.” She whispered.

 

TBC...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, guys!!! It's been a long time right?

     Finally, I had knocked some sense on my head and decided to update a new chapter. Yeay!!! Ah, the classes are getting me worn out lately and I had to steal some time to write this. Sorry if this chapter didn't reach your expectation TT I tried my best and I will continue to keep up with this story.

     I don't know when I can update again but I will try. Really. Oh, btw, can you guys comment and tell me about this chapter and also to tell me, whether this story had a slow progress or you want a quick progress.

Also, I would be glad if you guys can tell me your nationality and what should I call you (your nicknames), since I was too eager to make friends from all around the world!

It will be appreaciate so much. Till then, see you in the next chapter! (I don't know when)