Chapter 19

The Secret Door

     The next day was another normal day for the girls. Jihyo would managing her restaurant, Chaeyoung would be in her studio, Sana back to work as a magazine editor, Tzuyu and her new habit of drinking, Jeongyeon in her office and Nayeon, on her way to meet Mina at a downtown café.

 

“Unnie, let’s meet.”

 

Mina had called earlier to meet Nayeon as soon as Momo goes to her office. The younger girl was bored. There’s no way she would stay at the apartment for a whole day. That’s why she decided to go for a walk with Nayeon.
 

At the café, they would chat randomly, off-topics while drinking coffee. Nayeon mentioned about Momo.

 

“So, what happened between you and Momo?” Nayeon asked while grinning. Mina rolled her eyes. She knew that the older girl has the intention to after the event at the hospital.

 

“What do you mean, unnie? We’re fine.” Mina answered, clearly avoiding the topic. She just too shy to tell Nayeon. Mina nervously sipped her already cold coffee.

 

“Did you guys kiss?” Nayeon blurted out, making Mina choked on her drink. She coughed a few times and Nayeon helped to pat her back. “Haha! I knew it! Something did happened that night!” She exclaimed.

 

Mina finally managed to compose herself and fixed her position. Nayeon continuosly grinned to tease the already red girl.

 

“Aww, no need to be shy, Mina-yah.” Nayeon said.

 

Mina gulped and relieved a sigh. “It’s embarassing.”

 

Nayeon furrrowed her eye brow while looking at Mina. “Embarassing? Well, of course. Because after all, you two fight a lot before entering this stage. Actually, I’m envy of you guys.”

 

“Why?”

 

Nayeon sighed. “At least, you’re married. I’m not. Even after 4 years of dating that ostrich.” Nayeon emphasized the word ‘ostrich’.

 

  1. unnie! You’re dating an ostrich? How about Jeongyeon unnie??” Mina asked cluelessly. Right, Mina didn’t know the girl’s nickname. Nayeon face-palmed herself.

 

“Jeongyeon is that ostrich, Mina.” Nayeon said.

 

Awkward silence.

 

“Oh, sorry.”

 

Nayeon shrugged off. “It’s fine. I understand. So, what do you want to do after this?”

 

“Erm, lunch?”

 

“Call.”

 

#

 

Meanwhile, Momo was in the middle of meeting with the board members but, it seems like the young CEO didn’t even pay any attention towards the presentation. The meeting supposed to be important, that’s why Momo’s father was there also. Mr. Hirai has been eyeing the young girl since earlier, watching her suspicious action. After a while, he dismissed the workers and held Momo.

 

“Okay, dismiss. Momo, let’s talk for a while.” Momo just nodded and followed her father to her office, for a privacy. As soon as they sat at the couch, Mr. Hirai talk.

 

“What happen to you? You smiling all day and I bet you don’t even any idea of what we’re talking earlier in the conference room.” Mr. Hirai began. Momo hung her head lowrubbing her nape nervously as she being caught red-handed daydreaming.

 

“Sorry, otou-san. I was thinking about something earlier.” Momo said.

 

“Hmm… Thinking about something… or thinking about someone?” Mr. Hirai teased, as he wiggled his eyebrows up and down. He knew that Momo was thinking of someone—maybe he should imply as Mina, because the look on her face is different when she’s focusing on one matter.

 

“Are you thinking of Mina?” Momo gasped at the mention of the name that could get her knees weaken anytimeShe was speechless. How the heck did he know?

 

“H-How…?”

 

“Relax, young lady.” Mr. Hirai chuckled. “How things going on between you two?”

 

Momo grinned and managed to compose herself after a while. “Everything’s fine. Me and Mina are building our relationship just fine.”

 

“It’s good to hear. So, I will expecting for a baby Hirai soon, right?”

 

“Ehh?!” Momo shocked.

 

“Hehehe… Don’t over react, Momo. It has been five months since both of you married. Other couple probably expecting for one.” Mr. Hirai said. “Moreover, I think it would be a great start for you to be intimate with each other first. If you guys are ready, you can tell me. My friend is a doctor and he can find a way for you guys to have a baby.”

 

Momo blushed. “Otou-san… We’re not thinking about that yet…”

 

“Oh, come on, Momo. You’re a grown up woman already. You can bear a family now. You’re my daughter. I’m expecting for good news from you guys.” Mr. Hirai said.

 

“I know. But please, lend us some times. I will try to talk to Mina. For now, we’re just starting to warm up with each other. There’s so many things to do before… you know… that thing.” Momo rubbed her nape.

 

“It’s okay, my daughter.” Mr. Hirai pat Momo’s shoulder. “It’s not like I’m forcing you. It’s up for you guys.” He smiled.

 

“Thanks, otou-san.” Momo replied. “I will let you know later.” (I must let you know~ Signal bonae~ Sigeunal bonae~ Kekekekeke!)

 

#

 

After the wholesome talking and more works done, Momo packed up her things and coat before walking to her car. The clock’s ticking at 6 pm, and Momo couldn’t get more excited to go home. She has been expecting to going home early since lunch time, but works hold her back in. She need to settle those works before going home.

 

She started the engine and pondered on her phone a little while, thinking whether to call Mina or not. She has been thinking since she walked out from her office, but considering before hitting the green button. But she call her anyway.

 

*tuut*

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Minari.”

 

“Oh, Momoring. Why do you call me? Are you home?”

 

“What do you mean? You’re not home?”

 

“Yeah. I’m with Nayeon unnie right now.”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“We’re spending some time earlier, and now we’re on the way to Chaeyoung’s gallery.”

“Oh, come on, Moguri. Don’t be jealous. She’s just with me.”

 

Momo heard Nayeon’s voice. Psh, that oldie had been listening to their conversation from the start.

 

“Who said I’m jealous?”

 

Momo could heard both of the girl chuckled. She’s having a hard time blushing right now.

 

“I knew it, Moguri! Yah, just come to our Chaeng’s gallery. Then you can take Mina home.” Nayeon suggested. After thinking for a while, why not? She can take Mina’s home and maybe they can grab a thing or two on the way home.

 

“Alright. On my way. Give the phone back to Mina.”

 

“Psh. Annoying .” Nayeon said and gave the phone back to Mina.

 

“Hey.”

 

“I will come in a jiffy. Let’s have a dinner outside.” Momo said. They talked for a while more before hanging up, while Momo drove to Chaeyoung’s gallery.

 

#

 

“Wow, Chaeng. You’re sure an art prodigy.” The brunette commented after a while, as both of them taking a tour around the small gallery. “Don’t you want to expand your gallery? You know, to make it bigger?” She asked.

 

“Not in a while, unnie. I must introduce my touch to the world first. I need to be known.” Chaeyoung explained. “I’m thinking to hold an exhibition first.”

 

The brunette stopped in front of a paint. Chaeyoung followed suit.

 

“That’s a great idea. Don’t forget to invite me.” She said smilingly. Chaeyoung couldn’t have been grateful enough to watch the older girl smile, and she would never get tired over it. She wished, she had always be the one to make her smile. Her ultimate reason to smile.

 

“Don’t worry, unnie. I never forget you anyway.” Chaeyoung replied, with some intentions in it. She hoped the latter would get the message but well, she will never understand. Chaeyoung let out a small smile.

 

“Say, unnie.” Dahyun looked up to meet Chaeyoung’s eyes. “Do you want some tea?”

 

Dahyun’s eyes turned into a shape of crescent again, almost making Cheayoung’s heart beats out of normality. Chaeyoung held her hand on top of her chest and breathes subsconciously, hoping that Dahyun don’t notice the difference in her action.

 

“Why not. I miss your aromatic tea that could calm the whole universe.” Dahyun replied. Chaeyoung chuckled at her silliness.

 

“You’re exaggerating, unnie. Come.”

 

While Chaeyoung was boiling the water, Dahyun took her time to scroll on her phone one time. As the younger of the two stirred the hot liquid, she can’t seem to take her eyes off from the beautiful brunette, looking so calm to whatever she’s doing. A small smile escaped her lips once again.

 

“Here’s your tea, ma’am.” Chaeyoung joked as she poured the newly brewed tea into a cup in front of Dahyun. The steam spreads as the heat evaporated into the air. Dahyun selflessly picking up the cup and sipped some of the hot liquid, only for her to spit it back because of the hotness.

 

“Watch out, unnie!” Chaeyoung said as she rushed for some cold water from the dispenser. She ran back towards Dahyun and passed the glass to the latter.

 

“Thanks, Chaeng.” Dahyun sighed a smile as she returned the glass to Chaeyoung. The younger girl still look at the girl worriedly, as if Dahyun just burned her whole mouth. Dahyun let out a chuckle, and afterwards, they fell into silence. Pure awkwardness stuffing the air around them, only to be broke by the sound of heels clicking on the floor outside from the gallery.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah!”

 

Both of them caught the loud voice of the almighty Im Nayeon and panicked. Dahyun been wondering around the gallery to find a place to hide and Chaeyoung suggested the girl to hide in the bathroom for a while, as she would buy sometimes to let the girl escape later.

 

The gallery door was pushed open by none other than Im Nayeon and her loyal follower of the day, Myoui Mina. “Hi, Chaeyoung!” Both of them greeted simultanuously and chuckled over the small thing.

 

“O-Oh, h-hi unnies.” Chaeyoung replied nervously. She silently cursed in her mind for being too nervous and stuttered in front of them. She hoped they didn’t see Dahyun walked into the bathroom at the corner of the gallery because she didn’t want to blow up the older girl’s cover yet. No, not before Dahyun is ready.

 

The two newcomer leisurely took a seat near at the area of where Dahyun had been sitting just now, where the tea was served there. Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows as she eyeing the two cups on the table with one of them filled with the tea. This looked like newly poured.

 

“Oh, are you having a guest just now?” Nayeon asked suddenly that made Chaeyoung caught off guard.

 

“W-What?”

 

“Who is it?” Nayeon asked again.

 

Chaeyoung played with the hem of her shirt while biting her lips. She was dumbfounded and she son’t know how to answer the older girl’s question. Her eyes ran between Nayeon and Mina, and the bathroom. Nayeon frowned upon seeing Chaeyoung’s weird behaviour. “Are you okay, Chaeng?”

 

“You look pale. Are you sick?” It’s Mina’s turn to ask the flustered girl.

 

“Chaeng?” Nayeon called for the girl’s attention. “Are you okay?”

 

Chaeyoung had been snapped out of her trance and let out an awkward smile for both of the girl. “Yes. But she already gone because emergencies.” Chaeyoung lied. Eyes checking out the bathroom. “Why didn’t you call me first before coming?”

 

“Well, surprise. Actually, we just having our day out together and crossed your gallery area. So, why not we have a visit. Right, Mina?” Nayeon explained.

 

“She’s right. And I kinda miss your tea. I can’t never forget the taste of your delicious tea from that day.” Mina said smilingly.

 

“Ah, I see. Wait here. I will make some more.” Chaeyoung said and walked over to the electric kettle again to boil some water. “What are we gonna do?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Well, I want to know if you have been contacting Tzuyu. I haven’t heard anything from her nowadays.” Nayeon said while Mina furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

 

“What happened to Tzuyu?” She asked.

 

“Mina unnie, you don’t know?” Chaeyoung asked as she stirred the liquid. “Tzuyu and Sana unnie broke up a few days ago.”

 

Nayeon looked over to Mina. “Oh, right. She’s at the hospital at that time, Chaeng.”

 

“Care to tell me what happened? I’m curious. Momo haven’t tell me anything.” Mina said.

 

“Probably Momo didn’t know either. She’s been worrying about you since she’s back from Jeju and we never talk about it in front of her.” Nayeon guessed. “I guess we should wait for Momo first before we talk about Tzuyu, Chaeng.”

 

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows. “Momo unnie gonna come here?” She placed the tea on the coffee table in front of them. Her eyes silently peeking at the bathroom door.

 

“Yeah, she gonna pick me up for dinner after this.” Mina said as a small smile crept on her lips. Nayeon cringed upon seeing that.

 

“You look like a lovestruck high school girl, Mina.” Nayeon commented as she took a sip of Chaeyoung’s tea.

 

“So, I guess… You and Momo unnie are fine now…?” Chaeyoung asked. She’s curious, but upon that, she knew that Dahyun was listening to their conversation because the bathroom was slightly open.

 

“You know, Chae. They even kissed.” Instead of Mina, Nayeon answered it. Chaeyoung had her jaw dropped while Mina hiding her red tint cheeks. “Stop being shy about it, Mina.” Nayeon said.

 

“What about being shy?” A voice suddenly interrupt their conversation, and three of them quickly snapped their head over the person at the gallery entrance.

 

“Moguri!”

“Momo unnie!”

“Momoring…”

 

“Hi.” Momo waved her hand and walked towards the trio. “What are you having?”

 

Momo leisurely took a vacant seat beside Mina and smiled at the stunned girl. Momo looked over at the tea and raised Mina’s cup and took a sip. Mina still stunned by Momo’s action.

 

“That’s my cup…” Mina said as her voice trailed off in the end. Nayeon rolled her eyes, already gave up at the hopelessly romantic gesture from Momo. The blonde paid no attention to the two and continued looking at Mina.

 

“Look, Chae. Momo didn’t even remember that we’re here.” Nayeon said outloud, making sure for the married couple to hear her remarks.

 

“Oh, Nayeon unnie. Chae. How are you?” Momo finally looked at them.

 

“How are you?” Nayeon mimicked Momo’s voice and rolled her eyes afterward. Chaeyoung just chuckled at the oldest’s remarks.

 

“I’m fine, unnie.” Chaeyoung however answered Momo’s question.

 

They talked for a while, well, mostly about Tzuyu, since the girl has been cutting all connection from the girls except Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung said how miserable Tzuyu look now, and how she getting skinnier day by day. The tall girl didn’t eat properly, except being locking herself in her apartment and repenting her wrong doing towards Sana.

 

Momo and Mina were shocked at the news since they just heard about it. They felt bad, especially Momo, because she’s been occupied by some things and didn’t pay attention into the girls’ problems. Since Sana is her closest friend, Momo even feel bad about it. She felt mad at first about Tzuyu’s being cheating, but eventually she knew that the younger girl must had her own reason for that. Well, none of them know about that including Chaeyoung, so eventually, no one knows Tzuyu’s side. They can’t put all the blame to her.

 

“Tzuyu is an addicted drinker now.” Chaeyoung revealed. The three of them even got more shock after that. Chaeyoung explained more things about Tzuyu and now they felt bad for her.

 

“We should talk to her. I felt bad for both of them.” Momo said as she hung her head low. Mina saw that and slipped her hand to Momo. Momo looked and their eyes met, Mina smiled reassuringly while caressing Momo’s hand with her thumb. She knows, Momo is feeling down at the time. Momo replied the smile.

 

“I think so too. Let’s go sometimes.” Nayeon said. They fell into silence. “And you two, Mina and Momo.” Nayeon called for the couple’s attention.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Don’t you two have a date?” Nayeon asked.

 

“Ah, right. We better go now.” Momo said after realising what Nayeon had been saying. She stood up and pulled Mina’s hand. “Alright. We’re going for now. Call me anytime if we gonna meet them.” She said.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Just go, you two. It’s hurting my eyes seeing you being sweet while Jeongyeon is not here.” Nayeon remarked.

 

“Yeah, protect my single heart.” Chaeyoung joined in.

 

“Oh yeah?” Momo smirked. She faced Mina, still smirking. Mina watched dumbfoundly at Momo’s expression and when Momo leaned in, she finally caught what Momo gonna do.

 

Momo reached her hand over Mina;s nape and gave her a kiss that last for five seconds. Mina was a blushing furious while Momo had this stupid grin on her when the other two cursed at them.

 

“Damn, I want Jeongyeon!” Nayeon whined. Chaeyoung couldn’t say anything. She watched over the bathroom and found the door still slightly open. She knew that Dahyun must saw that. Momo kissed Mina.

 

Momo and Mina left afterward and Nayeon followed suit a few minutes after that, whining that she need her Jeongyeon. Chaeyoung quickly went over to the bathroom and pushed the door open, only to meet with the sight of Dahyun crouching on the floor, with tears flowing from her eyes.

 

Chaeyoung’s heart softened at the hurtful sight. She crouched beside the girl and pulled the crying mess into her embrace, rubbing her back in order to calm the brunette.

 

After all these, are you still hoping for her, unnie?

 

Chaeyoung badly wanted to ask that out loud, but she never can.

 

I love you, unnie. It’s hurtful seeing you like this.

 

She wished that she can say that out loud too.