Chapter 10

The Secret Door

     Later that night, Mina entered their shared room to sleep. It’s awkward now that she remember that Momo and her will sleep in the same room for a week. She wondered if they will get along. She afraid that Momo will bully her again and made her sleep outside. Well, Momo is naughty after all.

 

After closing the door behind her, the first thing Mina saw was Momo who was standing in front of the place where the mattress were gathered. Momo saw her and cleared .

 

“There’s no bed. We gotta sleep on mattress.” Momo said. She then opened the sliding door and pulled the mattress out of it’s place. Unluckily, the matress stuck together and ended up landing on Momo on the floor.

 

THUD!

 

“Ouch!” Momo groaned.

 

Mina saw that and bursted out her laughter. Oh my, Momo looked so funny with mattress piled up on her body. She barely saw her blonde head.

 

“Hey, don’t just laugh! Help me!” Momo’s voice muffled under the soft mattress. Mina still laughed at Momo but also went up to help the pity girl.

 

“Do you enjoy that much?” Momo said while pouting. Oh, so cute! Mina almost say that outloud but thanks to her sense, she didn’t slip that out of .

 

Momo took one of the blanket and threw it towards Mina direction. Luckily, Mina saw that and caught the blanket before it landing on her face. Mina pouted. Momo’s heart almost soften when she saw the cute pout formed by Mina’s lips.

 

“Take yours.” Momo said. “Don’t come near me.”

 

Mina scoffed. “How? This is room is not that big, okay? You like it or not, we still gonna sleep beside each other.” Mina said the matter of face. She was right, the room is not that big for them to sleep far from each other. No matter how they hate each other.

 

 

“Then, just sleep. Don’t bother me.” Momo replied and lie herself on her mattress, wrapping herself with her own blanket. Mina shook her head in disbelief.

 

#

 

The next day, the two of them wake up early and ate their breakfast. Later, they got to follow ojii-san to the grape field. Mina was amazed by the size of the field. It’s almost the triple size of football field! No wonder the Hirai’s family is rich.

 

“Hey, Momo. Ojii-san have to supervise my workers. Take Mina around first, okay?” Ojii-san said then left them. Momo reluctantly nodded.

 

“Let’s go.” Momo said as she walked ahead of Mina. Mina followed her from behind. Now, they were entering the field. Mina looked at Momo and asked.

 

“For how long ojii-san has manage this farm?” Mina asked while walking.

 

“Long enough. I don’t remember but for sure it since my father was a child.” Momo answered as she plucked one of the ripe grapes. “I used to come here everyday after school.” She ate the grape. “It’s always taste sweet.”

 

Momo plucked another one and offered it to Mina. “Have a taste.”

 

Mina eyed Momo weirdly. Mostly because Momo acted so kind at her today. She started to think that Momo has a back up plan to bully her again.

 

“What with the judging eyes?” Momo asked.

 

“You’re being kind. It’s weird.” Mina replied with the same gaze. She saw Momo smirked before she came closer towards Mina. “W-What are you doing?”

 

Momo gave a teasing smile. Their gap became smaller, Momo was dangerously close to Mina. The latter almost had her heart jumped out when Momo leaned her face towards Mina. So close that Mina can smell Momo’s scent. Sounds like dejavu. (A/N: Me and my dejavu XD)

 

“Why? Can’t I being sweet and kind with my wife?” Momo teased. Mina squeezed her eyes close. She’s afraid of what Momo can do at her at the middle of the field. Plus, there was no one except both of them. Mina almost become crazy.

 

Just then, she felt a round shape fruit being shove between her lips. Without her knowing, she chewed the thing and it’s taste like grape. Mina opened her eyes. Right, Momo was feeding her the grape. Mina blushed.

 

“Let’s go.” Momo said then walked away, leaving the blushing girl behind. A small smile crept to her lips.

 

#

 

“Where is this?” Mina finally asked when they arrived at unfamiliar place. It’s almost look like a small factory which processing some things.

 

“Wine factory. Ojii-san made wine ahead of the grapes too. Here is his small factory.” Momo explained. “Let me show you something.” She said and they walked behind the factory.

 

Mina had her jaw dropped as her eyes saw how many grapes were gathered in one place. “Wow.”

 

“Follow me.”

 

They then arrived the place where grapes being mashed. Some workers greeted Momo and Mina politely. Momo smiled at them. Mina looked at how the workers wore plastic boots and stepped on the grapes to mash it. Momo noticed Mina’s expression.

 

“You wanna try?”

 

“Can I?”

 

“Sure.”

 

#

 

To be honest, Momo didn’t know what happen to herself today. Like Mina said, she’s acting weird. She didn’t understand why did dhe act so sweet and kind to Mina. Also, the thing happened at the field. Gosh, just what had entered her mind?

 

And so, Momo passed Mina a pair of plastic boot for her to wear before stepping inside the pool of grapes. Momo then wore hers. Ah, it has been a long time she did this activity. She still remember, she used to do this with ojii-san years ago. Momo smiled upon reminiscene the sweet memory.

 

Now that Momo finished tying the plastic around her legs, the one left was Mina. The country girl doesn’t know how to tie the plastic boot around. Momo unconsciously smiled and walked towards Mina.

 

Mina who seems to ‘wrestle’ with the non-living thing, Momo knelt with one knee in front of Mina and tie the plastic boot around her legs. Mina was so shocked with Momo’s sudden action, to the point that she didn’t realise that the latter had finish her did.

 

“Hey, Mina?”

 

“Y-Yeah?”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Mina nodded nervously. Momo stretched out her hand for Mina but the latter seems to confuse and just stared at Momo’s hand. Momo frowned.

 

“Mina? Let’s go.”

 

Mina quickly grabbed Momo’s hand. Oh my, this is the first time they held each other hand. Though it last for a second, yeah, cause Momo just helped Mina to get up, Mina couldn’t help but to blush yet she still managed to hide.

 

Momo then led her to a small pool that full of ripe grapes, and gestured the latter to enter it. Mina eyed Momo seriously.

 

“You just… step on it…?”

 

Momo cocked her eyebrow.

 

“Yeah, that’s the first step before the other process.” Momo explained. Ah, Mina clearly didn’t know how the process work. Momo called Mina. “Aren’t you coming?” Said Momo, clearly waiting for Mina to step in. “Y-Yeah, I’m coming.”

 

Taking a slow step, Mina managed to land her covered feet on the grapes. The feeling was soft and kinda slippery, causing her to trip and almost had her face kiss the grapes if not for Momo to catch her.

 

“Are you okay?” Momo asked. Her left hand was gripping on Mina’s right one while the other land on her waist. Mina looked up, and quickly regretted after that. Their eyes met. Momo got herself composed and released Mina. Mina gained her balance, though her face was red for the umpteenth today.

 

“Now, you lift your leg and step on it.” Momo showed Mina how to mash the grape. Mina then followed but still quite hesitate because hey, it’s food you step on!

 

“Don’t hesitate. Do it slowly. Like this.” Mina slowly copied Momo and her lips curved up a small smile. “It’s fun, right?”

 

Mina nodded.

 

“If you are pro, you can do it like this.” Momo started to joke around and fasten her pace, acting like she’s running on the grapes. Seriously, Momo just made herself looked silly in front of Mina. “Come, do it!”

 

Mina smiled and quickly fsten up her pace just like Momo. If people see this, they will clearly said that they’re a happy couple in love. Momo also didn’t being her cold self towards Mina and showed the warm side of her, which was rare.

 

Momo laughed. For the first time. Right, she never laugh this much since the incident happened two years ago.

 

An incident which Momo still didn’t get herself out from it.

 

Seeing Mina’s smile, made Momo wanted to smile too. They looked silly playing right there and then, yet even the her grandpa’s workers were smiling while looking at their interaction. Both of them didn’t care much about the attention they got and focused to play.

 

And that’s when Mina was doing mistake and made herself trip over again, until Momo caught her; for the second time. “S-Sorry,” Mina stuttered and pushed Momo off, but the stronger girl didn’t budge.

 

“It’s okay. Hold on me.”

 

Just what happen to our cold heartless Momo?

 

Mina also wonder.

 

#

 

Seoul.

 

Chaeyoung chugged on the last drip of liquor from her glass. Her head hurt and was throbbing hard right now since yesterday. An audible sigh escaped .

 

Chaeyoung reached for another shot of vodka but a hand stopped her from doing so. She groggily looked up to see the culprit, but her vision was blurred that she didn’t recognise the face. “Who are you? What do you want?” Her hand still reaching for the bottle.

 

“Hey, relax. You acknowledge that vodka is the strongest liquor, right?” The stranger said. Chaeyoung scoffed. “What’s your point?”

 

“Chaeng, wake up.” The stranger nudge her but the latter didn’t care much. Her head crushed, and she need that damn throat-burning water right now. But this stranger didn’t help at all.

 

“Give me the bottle!” Chaeyoung shouted. The stranger flinched at the sudden outburst and also the strong bad odour coming from the latter’s mouth was killing her nose. But she didn’t give up.

 

“She’s rarely drink,” She mumbled. Then, her phone buzzed, signalling someone calling her. The person made sure to hide the bottle away from Chaeyoung before heading out to answer the call.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Tzuyu-ah, where are you? What’s with the loud music? Are you in a club?”

 

“Whoa whoa, relax, Sana unnie. Yes, I’m at a club. Why are you calling anyway?”

 

“Just asking. I miss you. Why are you in a club? You didn’t plan to cheat on me, right?”

 

“No, Sana unnie. Don’t think like that. I’m coming to watch over Chaeyoung.”

 

“Chaeyoung? What’s with her?”

 

Tzuyu sighed. “I don’t know. She’s drunk.”

 

“Oh my, she’s rarely drink. Why so sudden?”

 

“That’s why I’m here. I wonder too. Listen, unnie. I think I need to head in right now before she empty the whole bottle of vodka.”

 

Vodka?! That’s too strong! Okay, take care of her and yourself. Let’s meet tomorrow.”

 

“Bye, Sana unnie.” Tzuyu wanted to hang up but she hesitated. “Sana unnie,”

 

“Yeah? Why?”

 

Tzuyu bit her lower lips before saying, “I love you.”

 

“I love—“

 

*tuut*

 

“This girl… Always hang up before I finish.” Sana shook her head while smiling to her phone.

 

#

 

Back to the club, Tzuyu went in to search for Chaeyoung. Phew, she’s lucky that Chaeyoung didn’t go anywhere. To be honest, Tzuyu didn’t plan to come here neither that the shorter girl call her. She was in her way to home after dinner with her family when she saw the glimpse of the latter entering the club. Feeling curious, she followed her. And that’s the result she’s here.

 

Chaeyoung has her head slumped over the table. Tzuyu was relieved that the latter didn’t do anything stupid. The loud banging music echoed through the entire corner of the club and Tzuyu hated it. She better get Chaeyoung home.

 

With the strength she gathered, Tzuyu managed to drag Chaeyoung to her car after paying the bills. Slumping over at the back seat of Tzuyu’s car was Chaeyoung, clearly unconscious and hell drunk.

 

Tzuyu got onto her seat and glanced over at Chaeyoung through the rear mirror. She sighed.

 

“What happen to you, chingu?”