Chapter 15

The Secret Door

     That night, Momo made her drunk herself even more and woke up with terrible headache. She saw tear stains on her pillow and realised that she must be cried into sleep last night. Momo gathered her strenght and walked out to the kitchen to take some aspirin to ease her head. When she walked to her room, she saw that Mina’s room is still dark.

 

“Tch. It’s not like I care.” Momo said to herself and ready to go to work. She’s in Korea now and there are pile of works waiting on the desk of her office. Momo left for office. She didn’t even left Mina a breakfast, thinking that there was a box of cereal and milk in the fridge.

 

At lunch, Momo came back and brought lunch. Some anxiety went through her and she decided to bring it for Mina. The house was still in the same condition. It seems like Mina didn’t even come out of her room. Momo put the take out food on the kitchen counter and sighed.

 

“What now? Is she still sulking?” Momo said lazily and walked towards Mina door. She knocked, but there’s no answer. It’s noon and Mina couldn’t be asleep. Momo knocked again, only be greeted by nothing. Momo was frustrated.

 

“Stop threwing fit, will you? Get out of your room and eat your lunch.” Momo said from the outside.

 

“I will be gone for three days for business trip since this afternoon. Don’t do any funny business and find yourself foods.” Momo said for the last time before went to her room and pack her luggage. She dragged her luggage outside and saw the closing door of mina’s room. She could only sigh.

 

“Fine, two can play the games. I don’t understand why would you shut yourself in like you’re the one who suffered? Tch. Annoying.” Momo said and went for her business trip, leaving Mina alone in the apartment.

 

Little did she know that Mina was burning sick on her bed and can’t move.

 

#

 

Mina knew she shouldn’t let herself drenched late at night. But she was hurt. She just changed her clothes into a dry one and didn’t even care to dry her wet hair. She jumped to bed.

 

The next morning, she was caught up with flu. And terrible headache. It felt like she just drank too much alcohol when in fact, she didn’t. Mina tried to sit up but failed. She can’t move her limbs. It felt heavy and she didn’t have enough energy since last night argument. Asking Momo for help would be the last thing she would do. A big no-no.

 

Mina spent hours in bed doing nothing. She can’t move. She can’t take her medicine. She was weak. Just then, she heard a knock on her door and Momo’s voice calling for her. She wanted to reply but her voice came out nothing. Mina reached her hand up, wishing that she would reach for the doorknob but that was impossible.

 

Then she heard, “Stop threwing fit, will you? Get out of your room and eat your lunch.”

 

“I will be gone for three days for business trip since this afternoon. Don’t do any funny business and find yourself foods.” She heard again.

 

Momo will leave? But she’s sick. No one would be home. How can she take care of herself? At this time, Mina realised that she need Momo the most. But how can she tell her?

 

Then, she heard something again. But Mina wished she hasn’t heard that.

 

“Fine, two can play the games. I don’t understand why would you shut yourself in like you’re the one who suffered? Tch. Annoying.” And she heard the door closed.

 

“I’m annoying,” Mina whispered. Tears welled up. “I’m annoying to her.”

 

Mina cried.

 

#

 

The next hour, Mina knew she should inform someone to help her. She reached for her phone on the small table beside her and scrolled for some names. She didn’t have much contact, other than Momo and her friends.

 

Oh, wait. Nayeon unnie.

 

She will call Nayeon unnie.

 

“Yeoboseyo? Mina-ya~”

 

“N-Nayeon u-unnie…”

 

“Mina? Mina! What’s wrong?”

 

“Nayeon unnie, h-help me…”

 

*thud*

 

“Mina!”

 

Before she knew, Mina fell on the floor. All she remembered was darkness.

 

#

 

Nayeon was driving at the speed of light towards Momo’s apartment. She even ran all the way from the lobby to the elevator and resumed to the apartment unit where Mina was. She was damn afraid by the tone Mina used in her phone.

 

She punched some passcode at the door security lock and ran to Mina’s room. She opened the door and gasped at the sight of Mina lying lifelessly on the floor. She rushed towards the body and lifted up Mina’s head on her lap.

 

“Mina? Mina! Wake up! What happened?!” She asked panically but receiving no answer from the latter. Nayeon cursed and went to find her phone in her bag and dialed Momo’s number.

 

*tuut*

 

“Sorry. The person you’re dialling is out of range. Please leave a message after—“

 

*tuut*

 

“!” She cursed. She tried dialling the same number over and over again but failed to reach the exact person. Nayeon thinks and decided to call her girlfriend.

 

“Nayeonie? I’m on a meeting,” Jeongyeon answered after a few dial.

 

“Sorry, Jeong. Mina is sick. I think I need to bring her to the hospital. I can’t reach Momo!”

 

“What? Mina is sick?! Sure, you should bring her faster. I will try contact Momo.”

 

“Thanks. I will contact Chaeyoung and the others too.”

 

“Sure. Okay, I’m hanging up. I’ve meeting.”

 

“Love you.”

 

“Love you too.”

 

*tuut*

 

“Okay, Mina. Let’s get you to the hospital.” Nayeon said and struggled herself to carry Mina to her car. Luckily, the security man at the lobby helped her.

 

#

 

Chaeyoung was in the middle of talking with someone when she received a phone call from Nayeon.

 

“Nayeon unnie?”

 

Chaeyoung eyed the person in front of her.

 

“She’s sick? How’s bad?”

 

“Okay. I will come.”

 

“Sure. I will contact Jihyo unnie and the others. Which hospital?”

 

“Bye. Take care, unnie.”

 

Chaeyoung hung up the phone.

 

“That’s Nayeon unnie?” The person asked. Chaeyoung just nodded. “Who’s sick? She sounds panic.”

 

“Momo unnie’s wife,” Chaeyoung answered.

 

“Oh…”

 

Chaeyoung stood up. “Sorry, unnie. I got to go. I still need to contact the others.” She was about to walk away when a hand stopped her. The culprit went close to her.

 

“Can I follow you?” The person asked.

 

Chaeyoung sighed. “Not now, Dahyun unnie. If you don’t want to risk yourself.”

 

“If you said so.” Dahyun retreated her hand away from Chaeyoung’s. “You can bring me to her sometime, right?”

 

Chaeyoung nodded. In her head, there were bunch of questions like, “Why?” or “What are you planning?” She just couldn’t say it out loud.

 

“See you later, Chaengie.”

 

“Uhm.”

 

Chaeyoung walked out of the café.

 

#

 

Chaeyoung and Jihyo ran along the hallway towards where Nayeon is sitting. She looks tired and stressful.

 

“Nayeon unnie, how is Mina?” Jihyo asked as soon as they approached the older girl. She sat beside her on the chair at the waiting area. Chaeyoung sat at the other side.

 

Nayeon sighed. “The doctor still checking on her.” She answered. “Where are the others?”

 

“I can’t reach Tzuyu but Sana unnie is on her way here.” Chaeyoung said. “What about Jeongyeon unnie?”

“She’s in a meeting. She will come later.” Nayeon said.

 

“What happened actually, Nayeon unnie?” Jihyo asked when everyone was relax. Nayeon let out another sigh.

 

“You don’t know how panic am I when I received a call from Mina. Her voice told me that she’s so weak. She’s asking me for some help.” She explained. “I drove to Momo’s apartment and found her lying lifelessly on the floor, alone. Momo is nowhere to be seen.”

 

“Where did she go?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

Nayeon shook her head. “I don’t know. I called her but she can’t be reach. Then, I brought Mina here.”

 

“It’s weird. How can Momo unnie can’t be reach?” Jihyo stated. Then, they heard fainted sound of footsteps running in the hallway towards them. It was Sana and Jeongyeon.

 

“What happened?” They asked.

 

“Jihyo, repeat.” Nayeon said as she was tired already. Jihyo took the role to tell them exactly like what Nayeon had told them.

 

“I tried calling Momo but she can’t be reach.” Jeogyeon said. She went beside Nayeon and Jihyo gave her seat to Jeongyeon. She held Nayeon by the shoulder and made her lean on her own shoulder. “You must be tired.”

 

“Sana unnie, can you reach Tzuyu?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“No,” Sana said as she plopped beside Chaeyoung. “I’ve no idea where did she go.” She pouted.

 

“Maybe she’s busy.” Chaeyoung said.

 

“Want me to call her?” Jihyo offered.

 

Sana shook her head. “No. She might be busy like Chaeyoung said.” Jihyo nodded.

 

“You’re so whipped towards her, unnie.” Jihyo commented.

 

“I don’t care. I love her purely.” She answered proudly.

 

#

 

A few minutes later, the doctor came out from the room. “Who’s her family member?”

 

“I’m not a family member but I’m the one who brought her here. The patient’s wife can’t be reach.” Nayeon stood up and said. The doctor nodded and eyed the other girls. “And these are…?”

 

“Her close friends.” Jeongyeon said. The doctor nodded again. “Alright.”

 

“What happened to the patient?” Nayeon asked.

 

“Oh, right. About Mina-ssi… Let’s see… There’s a few complication. She’s having a high fever like… 40 degrees. It was dangerous. You just arrived on time which is a relieve.” The doctor said. “But, there still a problem there. Her body is too weak. I supposed that she didn’t take any breakfast and lunch. It’s almost dinner time now. That doesn’t help her body.”

 

The girls were worried to death hearing that. “Is she okay now?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

The doctor frowned slightly while looking at the report in his hand. “Not entirely. All of these complication sent her to comatose.”

 

“Coma?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

The doctor could only nod. “But we’re trying our best to revive her. We’re giving her vitamins and such things through injection. Let’s see if she is strong enough, she will wake up in a few days.”

 

“A few days? That long?” Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“That was a minimal amount. If critical, it can goes around a week.” The doctor explained. “By the way, please do contact her family members. They need to know her condition. Excuse me, please. I will resume my works.” The doctor gave an apologetic smile and left.

 

“I will call Momo’s parents so they can contact Mina’s dad.” Jeongyeon said and walked with phone in her hand. While the other girls, they were waiting for their turn to visit Mina. At this rate, the nurse only let two people come in at once to avoid infection.

 

#

 

Footsteps can be heard through the hallway again. Jeongyeon and Nayeon was the last one to visit Mina. They came out and met with Momo’s parents, and another man around the elder’s age. Probably Mina’s dad.

 

“You can’t contact Momo?” Mr. Hirai asked. Jeongyeon shook her head.The old man sighed. “Where did this brat go?” He said. “Kazama, go visit Mina first. I will come with my wife later.”

 

“You have no idea where did she go?” He asked Jeongyeon, since she was the closest to her daughter. “Wait, I will call her secretary.” He went somewhere secluded and talked to someone in the phone. He then came back with solemn face.

 

“Her secretary told me that she is in a business trip to Jeju.” Mr. Hirai said. “For three days.”

 

“That’s still a long period.” Nayeon commented.

 

“She’s being annoying right now.” He said. Then, Mina’s dad came out and met with them.

 

“Thanks for bringing my daughter here. I’m Myoui Kazama, Mina’s dad.” The old man introduced himself. Mr. Hirai came and put his hand on Mr. Myoui’s shoulder, making him to turn to face Mr. hirai guilty face.

 

“I’m sorry, Kazama. My daughter isn’t doing a great job of taking care of Mina.” Mr. Hirai said, feeling guilty with Momo’s action.

 

“It’s not your fault. She must be busy. I understand.” Mr. Myoui stated. “Maybe I should punish her later.” He tried to crack a joke but Mr. Hirai take it too seriously.

 

“Please do. That girl didn’t knew what she’s doing. Suddenly missing without contacting any of us.” Mr. Hirai said.

 

“Hey, Shiro. You take it too seriously. I’m just joking.” Mr. Myoui said and hugged his best friend. “By the way, may I know all of you? I want to know Mina’s friends too.” Mr. Myoui said as he released the hug and faced the girls.

 

“Sure, Sir.”

 

#

 

Meanwhile the girls and the elders went for a dinner, Sana excused herself and went outside. She tried to call Tzuyu’s number.

 

“Come on, pick up, please…” Sana pleaded.

 

But the result is just the same. She went inside and resumed to eat their dinner. After that, one by one of the girls take turn to leave. Before, they had agreed to take care of Mina by taking turns. Tonight were Jeongyeon and Nayeon. Tomorrow would be her and Jihyo. Next would be Chaeyoung.

 

Sana entered her car and drove towards her apartment. On her way home, she saw a familiar car was park in front of a night club. Sana stopped her car in curiosity and went off to checked the car.

 

“The plat numbers was Tzuyu’s. What is she doing here?” Sana parked her properly, grabbed her purse and phone, before went into the club.

 

#

 

Loud music echoed in Sana’s ears, as she taking steps towards the dance floor. She went straight to the bar, assuming that Tzuyu would be there to drink. But it was effortless. There was no Tzuyu. She thinks again of a place Tzuyu would go and she thought about bathroom. Sana nodded and went to the hallway again to find her.

 

And soon, disgusting scene took place in front of her eyes. Sana didn’t want to believe, but judging from the backview, it seems like the person she was looking for. Sana went closer and pulled the said person by shoulder, who was in a heated kiss with a girl she doesn’t know.

 

“T-Tzuyu…?”

 

The person groaned and wiped her lips that was stained by the girl’s lipstick. She faced Sana in dazed. Her vision was blurry, but she can caught the familiar curves and face features. Just then, sense took a knock in her head.

 

“S-Sana?!”

 

“Who is this girl, baby?” The girl who has been kissing Tzuyu was catching Tzuyu by her arm, locking together as she watched Sana. “Aww, she’s beautiful. Who is her? Your other flings?”

 

“Flings?” Sana asked. She gave one last looked to Tzuyu and ran away. It took Tzuyu seconds for her to pump up her feet and caught Sana by the club entrance.

 

“Sana, wait!” Tzuyu called. “It’s not what you think!”

 

Sana stopped in her track with Tzuyu stopping behind her and catching her breath. “Sana, look at me.” Tzuyu called again. Sana slowly turned and faced Tzuyu. The dim light by the street helped Tzuyu to see how messy Sana’s face was. Her make up was ruined by her tears and sweat.

 

“I’m sorry. Let me explain.” Tzuyu said. Sana wiped her tears.

 

“Not now, Tzuyu. I don’t want to hear anything. You… You kissed her! I saw every things, Tzuyu! You even g-d her!” Sana shouted. Tzuyu looked down. It’s true. What Sana said was true. But she was too drunk at the time. She only sober when she saw Sana in front of her.

 

“I was too drunk!” Tzuyu defensed herself.

 

“Then, what about the girl had said? Flings? You had other girl besides me?!” Sana asked, raising her voice into another octaves.

 

“Sana—“

 

“Enough is enough. Let’s not talk about this tonight. You’re still drunk. You smell horrible.” Sana said. “I’ll take my leave. Don’t forget to check your phone.”

 

With that, Sana left with her heart broken into pieces.

 

How she wished that her heart is not a fragile glass.

 

#

 

A day passed like a wind. Momo was enjoying the morning breeze of Jeju island with a mug of coffee in her hand. She felt calm, but at the same time, uneasy. She didn’t know why. However, Momo stared into the scenery in front of her. The green tea fields and beach.

 

Truthfully, the meeting didn’t take more than one day. She told her secretary to say that the business will took over three days, so she can enjoyed the calmness of Jeju Island. Also, to ease her mind. She also off her phone so she will not being disturb by other people.

 

How dense she is. If only she knew what happened to her other half.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greeting, my faithful readers!

It's look like I have much time here to update new chapter. Well, this is temporarily. I will make sure to balance my time so I can write new chapters and update it for you guys to read. 

Anyway, how this chapter? I read all you comments and appreaciate it very much. I see, many of my readers are from Philippines. Salamat po! (This is 'thank you' right? I don't know if it's right tho. I'm sorry.) 

By the way, I felt bad for SaTzu shippers TT and of course MiMo too TT. Please wait the next chapters so you guys can know what happen next.

Stay tune!