Chapter 3

The Secret Door

     The night of the event, Mina regretted so much for agreeing to Momo. What? She couldn’t even stand a meter away from Momo. Momo insisted that she should follow her everywhere she goes because it’s her father’s order.

 

“This is my wife, Myoui Mina.” Momo introduced her to another guest. Mina forced a smile, try her best to not show her bored face. Receiving a hand shake from the guest, Mina was overwhelmed by their compliment. Well, not entirely.

 

“Wow, you have a great taste, Momo.” The man maybe in his mid-fifty said. Momo just grinned. Well, it’s not her choice actually.

 

“Honestly, you look great together. I wish you guys happiness and have many cute babies!” The woman beside him, perhaps his wife said. The said couple were caught off guard by the woman’s word. Well well, of course. What the heck are babies? They won’t even holding hand.

 

“Well, thank you. Enjoy the party.” Momo said and dismissed the greeting. Mina forcefully followed Momo by her side.

 

“What the hell was that? Babies?” Mina retorted in silent.

 

“Shut up. I won’t even wanna touch you.” Momo replied, hissing while smiling to the other guest. “Hey, stay close. We don’t wanna look awkward.”

 

“Tch.” Mina scoffed. But she still followed anyway. Just then, Mr. Hirai approached the two of them.

 

“Hey, love birds. It’s time for photo session. Let’s go.” Momo almost choke on her father’s word. Love birds? Tch.

 

By the time they walked on stage, all the Hirai’s family stood in a line, including Mina. Momo was standing between Mr. Hirai and Mina. Somehow, the oldest noticed the awkwardness between the two newly-wed and leaned to whisper in Momo’s ear.

 

“I know you two feel awkward with each other but at least don’t make it too obvious.” Mr. Hirai said. Momo looked to her father. “You mean?”

 

Mr. Hirai smirked. “Hold her hand, or waist at least.”

 

Momo furrowed her eye brows. What? How can she do that? She looked over to Mina. Feeling someone was staring at her, she faced Momo. “What?”

 

“Don’t yelp.”

 

“Eh?”

 

Instead of answering, Momo s her arm around Mina’s slim waist. Mina was startled with the sudden touch, but remembering what Momo said just now, she held it in. She nudged Momo’s waist with her elbow, grabbing Momo’s attention. She then gestured her to lean closer to her, because she wanted to say something. Momo was taller than her anyway.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What happened to your ‘I won’t even wanna touch you’?” She asked sarcastically.

 

“That’s different.” Momo replied. “I don’t wanna do this either if I was not being forced.” She said and smiled to the cameras across them. Mina glared at her. “You’re ugly. Smile to the camera at least.” Momo said.

 

#

 

Mina was tired. Too many things running through her mind right now. Since the event that happened a week ago, Mina felt a little bit strange about Momo.

 

To be honest, Mina didn’t think that Momo was bad. Maybe she sometime is annoying in front of her eyes, but she noticed that Momo always spacing out. There was one night when she felt thirsty, so she decided to drink some cold water from the fridge. Somehow, she caught a glimpse that she believed it was Momo—because her blonde hair looked shining under the moonlight—was standing at the balcony, drinking wine.

 

Mina didn’t want to interrupt her time, so she decided to leave Momo alone. On her way to her room, she glanced at the door at the end of the hallway. The room that she was prohibited to enter. She didn’t know what the reason behind it, but she got curious. She walked towards the room. Just as she was about to reach the door knob, she heard Momo’s voice calling her.

 

“Mina? What are you doing here?”

 

Mina was so afraid that Momo caught her. She souldn’t say that she was curious so she wanted to enter the room, right? Even so, it’s not possible for her to ask Momo too. The latter probably shoo her off.

 

“I was thirsty.” She said.

 

Momo cocked her eyebrow. “That’s not the way to the kitchen.”

 

Damn, it was very awkward. Mina grinned like nothing happened. “Ah, is that so? I must be very sleepy.”

 

“Whatever. I wanna sleep.”

 

Mina nodded and Momo entered her room. Mina cancelled her thought to enter the room. Her mind now was occupied by another thought.

 

What with that look in her eyes?

 

#

 

To ease her mind by the thought of Momo that night, Mina decided to fresh up her body under the cold shower. The weather was hot lately. Wrapping only with the towel, she walked under the shower. She closed her eyes and turned the tap, but nothing came out. Not a single of water.

 

“Oh, what happen?”

 

Mina opened her eyes and looked up to the shower. “Why the water not coming out?” Scratching her not-so-itchy head, Mina confused. She really need to shower right now. Her body felt sticky. She then remembered that Momo just returned from the office. “Should I call Momo then?”

 

With that, Mina changed into her bathrobe and walked towards Momo room. She knocked twice and waited for her to come out. And just like a queue, the door opened, revealing Momo still in her office attire.

 

“What now? I just come—hey, why are you in a bathrobe? Don’t you have any shirts to put on? Geez…” Momo said as she ran her eyes away from Mina. Mina smirked.

 

“Why? Feeling aroused?” Mina teased. Momo looked at Mina disbeliefly.

 

“What the—Am I that low class to feel aroused just by looking at you? Wow…” Momo replied. “By the way, why are you knock knock knock on my door?”

 

Mina looked up. “What the—I just knocked TWICE, not THRICE.” She said. “Anyway, I think the shower in my room is stucked. The water doesn’t come out. I really need to shower right now.”

 

“Am I look like a plumber to you?” Momo snorted. “Fine. Wait a minute,” Momo returned to her room to take off her tie and blazer. She then followed Mina to her room.

 

“Ah, it really doesn’t come out.” Momo said.

 

“You think I’m lying to you?”

 

“Shut up.” Momo replied. “Wait here,” Momo went out and returned with a tool in her hand. Shooing Mina to step aside, she went under the shower and started to fix it. Mina just looked at her. She somehow doesn’t believe in Momo.

 

“Do you really know how to fix this?” She asked.

 

“Can you shut up? I’m trying to help you here. Geez,” Momo replied without looking at Mina. She was too immersed into fixing the shower. Because, there’s no way she would let Mina shower in her bathroom. Not even letting the girl enter her room.

 

Mina finally kept shutted. The atmosphere was a comfortable silent. Only the sound of the tool clung on the shower metal could be heard. Mina leaned her back on the wall as she looked over towards the focused Momo.

 

How could someone could be so attractive in that kind of outfit? Mina noticed that Momo was still in her office white shirt, minus the tie and blazer. The two top button were ed and that looked so hot in Mina’s eyes. Plus, the tight black pants didn’t help at all. Momo is hot. But then, she was snapped to the reality when Momo called her.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Turn the tap on.” Momo said. Mina walked and turned the tap like what Momo asked for but still, nothing happen. “Ah, why it’s still stucked?” Momo was so frustrated that she hit the tool on the shower and suddenly, the water bursted out and soaked them.

 

“YAH!” They yelped as the cold water bursted on their head and flowed on their body right from the top to the toes. This moment could felt like heaven if only they were in love with each other, but of course they are not.

 

Momo quickly ran out from the shower. Her body was soaked, so does Mina. “What the hell?!” Just then, they heard the door bell rang. Both looked toward each other.

 

“Just who come at this hour?” Momo said as she walked towards the door. Still in the soaked clothes, she opened the door, only to be greeted by cheerful voice.

 

“SURPRISE!!!” Momo flinched at the loud voice.

 

“Wait Momo, why are you soaking?” One of the people asked.

 

On the other side, Mina was wrapping her soaked bathrobe with a towel and drying her hair with another, heard the loud voice. Feeling curious, she walked towards Momo at the entrance.

 

“I heard loud voice. What happen?” She asked.

 

Just like they had been rehearsal before, the couple was greeted by a loud gasp.

 

“Are we… interrupting something?”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello readers!!! Author Sinbnim_ is here!

Firstly, I would like to thank to all my subsribers. To be honest, the first three chapter are kinda boring, right? Well, I have to say that the story is just going to start. The conflict is slowly starting. I hope you guys can be patient with my late update. Anyway, I'm thinking to change the title. What do you think?

Feel free to suggest!

Until this, see you guys in the next chapter!