Chapter 17

The Secret Door

     “How is she?” Nayeon asked the doctor after they checking Mina’s condition. The girls arrived 30 minutes later.

 

The doctor smiled. “She is indeed a strong girl. She fought her fever. Her condition is stable now. You may visit her.” He said before leaving the room. The girls swarmed over to greet Mina.

 

“Aww, Mina-yah~” Nayeon launched herself towards Mina body on the bed for a hug. Mina can only cracked a smile. “We miss you so damn much!” She said. Jeongyeon then came and said the same. Then, came Jihyo, Sana and Chaeyoung. Tzuyu is next.

 

The last one person would be Momo. The girls left them for privacy, since they still have things to settle. Momo was scared to face Mina. After all, she hurts Mina.

 

Momo stepped slowly towards Mina. The old smile that Mina gave to the girl was changed into a frown. Momo felt uncomfortable.

 

“Hey,” she started.

 

Mina turned to face the window instead of looking at Momo. Ouch, that’s hurt actually.

 

“I’m sorry.” Momo said. “I shouldn’t shout at you. I’m sorry.”

 

Mina scoffed. “What are you doing here? Didn’t you said that I’m annoying?

 

The words Mina said stabbed Momo’s heart. She did heard that. Momo felt guilty again. She walked towards Mina again.

 

“No, don’t come forward. You probably hate to see my face.” Mina said and again, the words stabbed Momo’s heart again. “I’m annoying, right?”

 

“Mina, I’m sorry. I mean it.” Momo said. Tears threatening to fall, but she hold it in, because she didn’t want to look weak in front of Mina.

 

“Aren’t you the one who miserable? You’re right. I shouldn’t interfere your problem.” Mina said again. Momo clenched her fist.

 

“All I did was annoying to you. I’m never someone to you. I’m hurt, Momo.” She said. “What should I do so you will feel at peace? Should I lock myself in the room and only come out when you’re working?”

 

“… No.”

 

“Then, should I leave your house and lives somewhere else? Okay, I will find an apartment for me so you won’t see me around you.” She continued.

 

“… No.”

 

Momo clenched her fist tighter as Mina went rambling over leaving the house and do something that Momo won’t feel annoyed. Momo felt her knees weaken. She didn’t want any of this. She wanted Mina to stay.

 

Then Momo made up her mind.

 

“What can I do so you will be free? Should we divor—umph!”

 

Before Mina can finish her words, her lips was sealed with Momo’s, stopping her from talking. Her eyes went wide as a tennis ball while Momo had hers shut. Mina tried to push Momo but damn, the girl was too strong compared to her weak body after three days in a comatose.

 

Apart from that, Mina did enjoy the short moment. It wasn’t some kind of the kiss that the French did. It just some lips-to-lips touch. But seconds after that, Momo moves her soft lips against Mina’s dry one. It felt rough over Momo’s lips, but the latter didn’t care. She wanted to savour the moment.

 

After minutes, Momo pulled off. Her eyes still shut, but tears rolling freely on her cheeks. Mina had her eyes open, and she saw that Momo was crying.

 

“Why…?” Mina’s question trailed off. She didn’t know what to ask actually. Momo didn’t even know the answer. Her hand that was placed on Mina’s cheek stayed there, as she caressed the girl’s soft skin.

 

“You won’t shut up.” Momo said. “Please give me a chance.” She paused. “I need to explain.”

 

“After all, my past love life is still haunting me, especially after you bringing up the topic again. I was haunted by nightmares, but since you came, the it’s gone. The night I spent with you in Japan was calm and I never had a nice sleep since two years ago. That was the very first time, Mina.”

 

“I was thinking, is it you that makes thing better? But then I find my answer.” Momo paused. “It really because of you. The night I spent in Jeju was all about you. You’re messing my mind, annoyingly.”

 

Mina was stunned.

 

“W-What do you mean…?”

 

Momo gulped before say, “Can you give me chance? I want to start a new life. With you.”

 

“Guide me, Mina.”

 

“Guide me to your heart.”

 

#

 

After all the conditions and check up, Mina can be released from the ward. Momo was helping Mina with her things, while she made the girl to just stay put. She insisted in doing everything since Mina still recovering.

 

“I’m glad you are better now.” Nayeon said as she sat beside Mina on bed, holding her hands. Nayeon was looking at her, but Mina was busy looking at Momo’s direction intensely. “Why are you looking at Momo like that?”

 

Mina couldn’t blame Nayeon because she asked that outloud that makes Momo to turn and look at her. Nayeon didn’t knew what happened last night. She didn’t knew what they were talking about. Her cheeks turned bright red and her head was hanging down. Nayeon chuckled looking at the younger girl reaction at Momo’s effect.

 

“Are you that smitten to her? Your cheeks are burning red.” Nayeon said and chuckled again. Mina hit Nayeon lightly on her arm and hid her cheeks with her palms.

 

“We’re ready,” Momo said as she turned to face the two girls. “Nayeon unnie, are you coming to our house?” She asked.

 

Nayeon shook her head as she jumped out of the bed. “Nope. I have lunch with Jeongyeon later.” She answered. “I don’t want to disturb you two love birds anyways.”

 

As Nayeon said that, the two Japanese blushed. “What?” Nayeon continued. “I knew something did really happened yesterday. Aww, you two cuties.” Nayeon ruffled Mina and Momo’s hair. “Anyway, I got to go. Take care, love birds!” Nayeon shouted as she left the room.

 

“Shut up, unnie!” Momo shouted back but received nothing. The two were left in awkward silence in the room. Momo cleared .

 

“Err, can we go now?” Momo blushed as she asked Mina.

 

It’s funny when they already kissed yesterday but they acted all shy towards each other today. Mina didn’t really know what to say because Momo always on the lead. All her cockiness was turned to a shy-shy cat personality.

 

“Y-Yeah. Let’s go.” Mina jumped off the bed and they left the room.

 

As they walked beside each other in the hallway, sometimes their hands bumped into each other. (A/N: It’s cliché, I know.) Momo gathered her courages and held Mina’s right hand as her other hand carrying Mina’s bag.

 

Mina’s cheek turned into tomatoes again while Momo is worst. After all, Mina bit her lips and intertwined their fingers together, which fit perfectly. Oh, soulmates. Momo tried her best to supress a smile, while her heart already doing a victory dance.

 

Hurray!

 

#

 

Chaeyoung was waiting for a person at the same café. Yeah, it’s none other than Kim Dahyun. The older girl had asked for a meeting again, which Chaeyoung thought it is better to call a date. But sure, Chaeyoung can’t say it outloud.

 

“Sorry, I always keep you waiting for me.” Dahyun said as she sat in front of Chaeyoung. The younger girl replied with a smile, assuring the white skin girl that it is okay.

 

“It didn’t matter even you made me wait for you for a thousand years.” Chaeyoung said, trying to make it sound like a joke, but inside, she was damn serious abouth her words.

 

“That was extra cheese. Many girls will fall for that.” Dahyun replied.

 

“What’s the point at it. You didn’t even look at me.” Chaeyoung joked again. Dahyun hit her shoulder lightly.

 

“Stop that, Chaeng. Oh gosh, why aren’t you dating yet?” She said, half laughter. Chaeyoung replied the same laugh.

 

“I don’t know. I’m waiting for someone.” Chaeyoung answered after sipping her orange juice. Dahyun leaned forward as she getting interest about this girl Chaeyoung had mention.

 

“What? You already had someone? Why I didn’t know anything about this?” Dahyun asked.

 

Chaeyoung chuckled. “Nobody knows. The unnies doesn’t know at all.”

 

“So, who is this girl? Is she pretty?”

 

Chaeyoung stopped playing with her straw and looked into Dahyun’s eyes.

 

“Yes. Very pretty.”

 

Dahyun squealed. “Then, what happened? Did you get her?”

 

Chaeyoung shook her head and smiled bitterly.

 

“She likes someone else, unnie.”

 

“Oh…” Dahyun replied. “Sorry…”

 

“It’s okay, really.” Chaeyoung smiled. It was fake.

 

“It’s okay, Chaeng. There are many girls out there would like to date you. Al least, there should be one.” Dahyun tried to lift Chaeyoung’s spirit.

 

“Like you?”

 

Dahyun frowned. “Chaeng, you know that—“

 

“Yeah, yeah. I know you loves Momo unnie. No need to repeat.” Chaeyoung said.

 

“Glad you know.” Dahyun smiled.

 

Chaeyoung smiled too, but it’s painful.

 

#

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

Four.

 

… and she lost count.

 

Tzuyu slammed the glass on the counter, asking for another shot of vodka. The bartender was hesitated, because Tzuyu’s condition don’t look any better. She’s drunk already. A dead drunk. But Tzuyu didn’t want to stop.

 

She was frustrated at herself. Her pathetic self. Her girlfriend’s—or should we call ex-girlfriend, Sana—words were playing loop in her head. Tzuyu was about to drink another shot, before Chaeyoung came and grabbed the glass.

 

“That’s enough, Chou Tzuyu.” Chaeyoung said and took a sit on a stool beside the tall girl. She came to the bar to get some drink, but ended up meeting Tzuyu in this condition. It felt like déjà vu, because the last time they encountered each other, it was Tzuyu who took care of her drunk self.

 

“Give me the glass,” Tzuyu said. Her hand reaching for the thing in Chaeyoung’s grip, but the shorter girl pushed the class to the end of the counter, making it hard for Tzuyu to reach. “Hey, I’m serious.”

 

“Stop it. You’re drunk already.” Chaeyoung replied rather calmly. She didn’t want to start a fight with a drunk Tzuyu, because the taller girl is worse in that state. “Is this about her? Sana unnie?”

 

“Don’t say her name.” Tzuyu replied almost quickly. Her face scrunched up. “I’m ed up.”

 

Chaeyoung released a sigh. “Why did you do that? I know you, Tzuyu. You won’t cheat on Sana unnie.”

 

“Why are you bringing this topic? I’m here to ease my mind of her thought. You’re not helping at all, chingu.” Tzuyu said. Her voice was deep, and it felt like she was warning Chaeyoung to not say anything. But Chaeyoung is Chaeyoung. She didn’t hear anyone.

 

“You can talk to me. Not everyone know your side. At least, I’m doing my job as your chingu.” Chaeyoung replied. “It’s okay, Tzuyu. Spill it.”

 

At Chaeyoung’s last word, Tzuyu finally broke down her wall and let her tears streaming freely on her messy face. Her hands were reaching for Chaeyoung and the latter took it as a queue to hug the girl. Chaeyoung rubbed the back of Tzuyu, calming down the pathetic girl.

 

“I am so stupid.” Tzuyu said between her sobs.

 

#

 

Momo punched the passcode and opened the door as soon as the door click open. Momo let Mina to enter first before she closed the door behind her. She walked Mina to her room, placing Mina’s bag on the bed.

 

“You should rest some more,” Momo said, rubbing her nape. She was nervous. People may took Momo’s hand mistaken as the ice. That’s how nervous she is. Meanwhile, the same goes to Mina. She can’t help but to fidget with her fingers, because that’s her own natural habit when she’s nervous.

 

Mina nodded at Momo. But then, awkward silence. Momo felt uncomfortable and she broke the ultimate situation.

 

“Oh, I will get you a drink! Come to the kitchen later.” With that, Momo dashed out from Mina’s room, leaving the girl fazed.

 

Mina let out a chuckle. “She’s weird.”

 

And as promised, Mina did get a shower and she never felt this refreshing before. She remembered what Momo had said and come to the kitchen. Momo was still there and by the situation, it looks like Momo even cook the dinner.

 

“What are you cooking?”

 

Momo who was too engrossed in making a chicken soup for dinner jumped out of shock by Mina’s sudden presence. She almost drop the laddle in her hand.

 

“Gosh! You scared the hell out of me!” Mina was giggling and soon become a big laughter after seeing Momo’s derp face. The girl has so many personalities.

 

“What? I’m just asking,” Mina exclaimed, taking a sit at the kitchen counter, watching Momo. The blonde turned around.

 

“At least give a signal.” Momo said. She was frowning.

 

“Are we going to fight now?”

 

“What? No!” Momo panicked. She didn’t intend to make that expression. Now, Mina was taking it wrong. “I didn’t mean it like that!”

 

Mina who saw Momo was panicking quickly laugh it out and said, “I’m just kidding, Momo.” Momo heaved a sigh of relief and proceed to cook. Mina just staring, watching and suddenly an idea popped out.

 

Folding three of her fingers, leaving only a pinky and her thumb, Mina placed her hand on top of her head performing signal pose. “Jjirit Jjrit~” She tingled her hands and tilted her head.

 

Momo heard that and turned around again. Confusion was written all over her face. “What are you doing?”

 

Mina still grinning, giving some sort of eye smile at Momo. “You ask for a signal.” She innocently said.

 

“Where did you learn that?”

 

Mina was back to her normal pose. “I watched it from the TV at the hospital earlier. There’s a girl group named TWICE performing the song and they danced like this,” Mina make the signal pose again.

 

Looking at Mina who looked so cute in front of her eyes now, Momo was cracked into a big smile. “I didn’t know you are like this before,” she said. “A dork.”

 

Mina smiled in return. “I’m always like this.” Momo nodded and returned to cook. “When will the food ready?”

 

“In a few minutes.” Momo answered shortly.

 

“I’m hungry.” Mina exclaimed. She was hungry for real. “Hospital food didn’t taste good. I don’t have any appetite.”

 

“So, you admit my food is tasty?” Momo joked while wiggling her eyebrow. Mina scoffed.

 

“Shut up.”

 

Momo laughed it off and turned off the stove. She poured the soup into a big bowl and put it in front of Mina. “There. It’s ready but a little bit hot. Be careful.” Momo was about to walk away when Mina called her name.

 

“Where are you going?” Mina asked.

 

“Err… bath?”

 

Mina unconciously pouted. “You won’t accompanying me eat?”

 

To Momo, Mina’s pleading voice sounds so cute in her ear. She almost fall on the floor because of her jelly legs. “You want me to stay?”

 

Mina nodded. “Eat with me.”

 

Momo returned to her seat which was in front of Mina. “Nah, I’m fine. I ate earlier.”

 

Mina didn’t buy it and held a spoon in front of Momo’s mouth. “Eat.”

 

Momo shook her head. “No, you eat.” Mina shook and insisted to feed Momo a spoonful of her food. She even pout and Momo can’t resist.

 

“Good girl.” Mina smiled and Momo replied with a bigger smile.

 

“This is another side of you that I never know before.” Momo confessed. “A cutie.”

 

Mina looked at Momo and said,

 

“You said to guide you to my heart. I’m doing it now.”

 

Momo just smile.

 

“Alright.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yuhuu~

Hi, my favourite readers!

How was this chapter? Did I mend your broken Mimo heart? Yeah, I mend mine. I'm actually very ecstatic to post a new chapter especially after I decided for Mimo to move forward. Yeay! But, I'm sorry for Satzu shippers. Don't worry, pals! I hate angsty anyways. Also for Dubchaeng!

I didn't tag other shippers like 2yeon, Satzu and Dubchaeng because I felt bad that there's not much their moments since I'm focusing to Mimo.

Anyways, please leave a comment and write what you feel about this chapter. See you later!

P/S: I may upload seldom-ly (is that even a word?) because my co-curricular activity just start and it is hard to manage my time now TT