Chapter 20

The Secret Door

     Tzuyu walked out from a night club with the same state every night before. She’s a dead drunk, and she wanted to go home so badly. She had been pushing all the girls in the night club that offered their body to her, but her mind still in a right state. She realised that she will never accept anyone except Sana, and that’s how recklessly she drove her car towards Sana’s apartment.

 

#

 

Today is a bad day for Sana. No, it’s a bad week for Sana. The older girl couldn’t grip of herself at work, and her manager had been bugging her since last week due to her misperfomance at work. Sana kept making mistakes in editing the new issue of their monthly magazine, and had being scolded badly.

 

Her colleague was worried with Sana’s condition. She looked skinnier, and hadn’t been eating properly since you know, the incident. Though they didn’t know why Sana had not been taking care of herself properly, they hoped that Sana would get a grip in doing her job properly.

 

Sana always returned from her work late at night since she had to fix her editing. Well, mostly she did that to get her mind off from Tzuyu. She badly wanted to forget the girl and her doing because her heart hurt so much just at the mention of her name.

 

So today, as usual, Sana returned at two. She walked tiredly to her apartment unit, only to her surprise, to see the least person she want to meet, crouching in front of her door. The said girl had herself in a fetus position, despite how long her legs can be. Sana almost fainted due to shock. However, she approached the girl.

 

“Chou Tzuyu.” She called. “What are you doing here?” She tried to sound as cold as possible but she thought she failed. Tzuyu looked up and Sana finally saw how terrible Tzuyu is. She had dark circles around her eyes, a red shot eyes, and her cheks were stained by familiar salty water. Sana knew right away what kind of water is that. And her smell… She reeked of alcohol.

 

Tzuyu’s lips curved into a small smile that even Sana can’t recognise that was fake or not. She stood up from her crouching position, almost stumble over because she lost the sense of balance. Sana wanted to run and catch the younger girl, but Tzuyu was fast enough to hold the wall beside her.

 

To be honest, Sana wanted to cry. But she’s trying not to. She didn’t want to look patheticly in love with the latter all over again, after all bad things she had did.

 

Not after what she did.

 

#

 

Momo and Mina went to a restaurant after that. As Momo drives, Mina just stay still in the passenger seat. They sat in silence, well, mostly awkward after the kiss inside Chaeyoung’s gallery. Although, they had did that a few times before since yesterday—even this morning, Mina found it awkward because they just did that in public, especially in front of Momo’s friends.

 

“Why aren’t you talking?” Momo began after a while. She’s been looking between the road and Mina in confused. Mina was fidgetting with her fingers and jumped out when Momo’s talking.

 

“Oh, no. Are you still thinking about the kiss?” Momo asked. Blush crept onto Mina’s cheek and although the car is dark, Momo still can get a glimpse of the pink shade. She chuckled silently.

 

“How could you do that in front of them…?” Mina finally talk. “I was… I was caught off guard.” She said.

 

Momo shook her head while smiling. Her hand went to find Mina’s warm one. Mina jumped at the contact.

 

“Your hand is cold.” Mina commented. She brought her two hands to trap Momo’s cold hand and rubbed it together to keep it warm.

 

“I always have cold hands since I was a child.” Momo said smilingly, liking the fact that Mina’s holding onto her hand. “Okay. We’re here. Let’s go.” Momo said. Momo ran out from the car and went to Mina’s side, opening the door for her.

 

“Thank you.” Mina blushed. Momo pulled her hand with her and walked together side by side to the restaurant. Momo even pulled the chair for Mina in there.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Momo asked while looking at the menu. “Don’t worry, the foods here are all delicious.”

 

“You always eat here?” Mina asked, hand flipping the menu too. Momo nodded. “If then, I will just follow you. I don’t know the foods here.”

 

“Oh, following your wife now?” Momo smirked.

 

“You want me to follow another wife then?” Mina rolled her eyes. Momo’s face turned pale and immediately glared at Mina.

 

“Don’t you dare. We’re just starting.” She said emphasizing. Mina laughed softly and Momo thought that she couldn’t enough with that. Her glares quickly turned into a small smile. “Fine. I’m ordering.”

 

They ordered and ate in harmony. Mina talked about her day with Nayeon while Momo more for a listener. She just smiled to everything Mina said, and found it amusing when Mina moves her hand while talking. She found it adorable actually. She resembles something.

 

“Is anyone ever tell you that you look like a penguin?” Momo suddenly asked and Mina stopped talking.

 

“What?”

 

“Ani. You look like one with your hands flipping then and there.” Momo said chuckling. “I found it adorable.”

 

Mina was about to mad at Momo but her anger vanished right away after the last comment from the latter. Instead, she turned into a blush madness with visible pink tint appeared across her cheeks.

 

“Look, you’re being shy again.” Momo said. “Where’s the cruel and cocky Mina?” She teased.

 

“Shut up.” Mina said and continued to eat. Momo followed suit quickly after adoring the younger girl a little more. Cute.

 

“Fine. Let’s go home after this.”

 

#

 

Sana was pondering. She didn’t know if she doing a right thing in letting Tzuyu come into her house. After all, Tzuyu looked really weak and would fainted anytime which caused Sana to worried. Yeah, she didn’t want to admit it actually but seeing Tzuyu’s condition, her heart softened a bit.

 

Sana’s eyes found Tzuyu who was sitting on the couch, head leaning back at the head-rest. She let out a sigh and grabbed a glass of warm water before walking towards the latter.

 

“Here.” She put the glass in front of Tzuyu for her to grab, and she did. Tzuyu took a sip, groaning and passed the glass back to Sana. She put it on the coffee table in front of them. Sana was sitting on the same couch as Tzuyu but still keeping a sort of distance between them. Tzuyu groaned before turning her head to face Sana.

 

“Sana… Sana…” Tzuyu called. Her voice was raspy, and husky. Sana found it a little bit y and quickly shrugged the thought off her mind depending on the awkward situation they were in. Tzuyu’s eyes were too heavy to lift, but nonetheless, she still can see Sana’s silhoutte.

 

“I’m sorry…” Tzuyu whispered. Well, it’s not like she have any energy left to say it properly. Though she was drunk, she still in her right state of mind and her mission was one. To apologise.

 

“I was a bad girlfriend to you.” Tzuyu hiccuped. “I was… I was so stupid. I don’t realise it sooner. I was confused too. Maybe I was too young and too dumb to think about your feeling. To be honest, I think I felt insecure the most when I’m with you.”

 

“You’re pretty. You’re wealthy. You’re perfect. You’ve many suitors. You’ve everything. Everyone is looking at you. You don’t know how afraid I am if you ever… if you ever leave me for someone better. Someone who could give you happiness. Someone who can make you happy with what they have.”

 

“I’m afraid, if one day, when we had everything, when I was confirmed with my feeling for you, you will leave me. I’m no one. I’m not important. I’m nothing compare to your suitors that your parents setting it up for you. You think I don’t know? That your parents always putting you in a blind date with man of their choice?”

 

Sana was caught off guard. She’s never think that Tzuyu would know about it because how ignorant she was when they were dating. Sana thought that Tzuyu never care, to the point that she avoid skinship and kisses in public. She was insecured.

 

“Tzuyu…”

 

“Sana. As much as I afraid I’m losing you, I’m more afraid of myself. I messed up. I ed up with everything, in our relationship. I treated you no better but you show nothing except that beautiful smile of yours. I always love you. But I think I have no right to say that to you.”

 

“Tzuyu…”

 

“Sana, I… I… I’m sorry for everything. I come this night to say these things to you, to let you know what’s on my side. I probably didn’t dare to say this to you when I’m sober. I’m a coward, you know. Dating you was the best thing in my life despite my wrong doing towards you. Thank you, Sana. For giving me chance.”

 

“I don’t deserve second chance from you. I probably hurts you in the future. But if ever… there’s still a slight love inside your heart for me, I…” Tzuyu paused. Sana was waiting but the latter didn’t show any sign of continuing the sentence. “Nothing. I better go now.”

 

Tzuyu lifted up her body in proper sitting position before standing, facing Sana. She bowed ninety degree and thanked the girl again. “I will leave.” Tzuyu walked away.

 

Deep inside, looking Tzuyu in that condition was hurting Sana. Especially after all those confession. Though Tzuyu was drunk, Sana knows, a drunk person only speaks truth. The view of Tzuyu’s back leaving Sana’s vision started to get the older girl anxious. Sana stood up and ran after Tzuyu, calling her name.

 

“Chou Tzuyu.” Tzuyu stopped in her track. Sana cleared . “You’re drunk. Stay here.”

 

Short sentence, but full of meaning. By that, it’s including how Sana wanted Tzuyu to stay with her the most, despite the silly reason of Tzuyu being too drunk to drive. Sana pulled Tzuyu to sit again on the same couch and left for her bedroom.

 

“You should go shower before that. Here are some of my over-sized shirt that may fit your giant body.” Sana said after coming back with shirt and pants on her arms. “The bathroom is over there. And…” Sana paused.

 

“I will be in my room if you need anything. Go shower.” Before Sana could walk away, Tzuyu caught Sana by her hand. She turned and saw Tzuyu’s smiling at her.

 

“Thank you, Sana.”

 

Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

“O-Okay.” Sana pulled her hand and made a little run to her room. Closing the door behind her, Sana put a hand over her chest, wide eye.

 

“I can’t believe this!”

 

#

 

By the time Momo parked her car, she couldn’t smile any wider upon seeing her wife sleeping with her head on the window. Momo shook her head at the cute sight, thinking that Mina must be tired so much after having a day out with Nayeon. Momo knew so much if you spend so much time with that oldie. Kidding.

 

Momo didn’t want to wake Mina up, especially after seeing her sleeping soundly despite the uncomfortable position she’s in. She would feel guilty if she ever wake her up. Pfft. It’s funny thinking that now. If they still picking fight with each other, Momo won’t even think twice to wake Mina up by hitting her head.

 

Eventually, Momo turned off the engine and quietly exit the car, walking to Mina’s side. She opened the door slowly and caught Mina’s head by her hand, carefully so that she won’t disturb the girl’s sleep. Ducking her head, Momo unbuckled Mina’s seatbelt with a small click, letting the strip to let go of Mina. Momo cracked her fingers, placing it under Mina’s back and another one under Mina’s knee, carrying the latter in bridal style all the way to their apartment.

 

Momo had a difficulty in accessing the door’s security with Mina’s body in her arms. Though that, she managed to get it safe and sound, without waking Mina up. She kicked the door behind her and brought Mina towards the younger girl’s bedroom. Momo took a glance on Mina’s face only for her to jump in shock, eventually letting go of Mina’s body. Luckily it landed on the bed with a bounce.

 

“Yah!” Mina shouted as her body was slamed on the bed. Momo had her both hand covered her wide open mouth, still shock.

 

“Since when are you awake?!” Momo asked. “Oh, my heart almost jump out of my chest!”

 

Mina still rubbed her back in pain. Even she landed on bed, but it still pain her a lot, since Momo just dropped her without any warning. Plus, Momo is tall!

 

“Yah, you just dropped me without… Ah… My back…” Mina groaned. Momo felt guilty all of sudden, seeing Mina hurting so much because of her. Just why did she dropped her like that?!

 

“S-Sorry. I was just… I-I was shocked seeing your eyes wide open like that while staring at me… I—“

 

“Gosh, Momo. Stop stuttering!” Mina said.

 

“Wait, why are you shouting at me?!” Momo replied.

 

“Because you just dropped me! And it’s hurt!” Mina shouted back.

 

Momo glared at Mina. “Instead of shouting at me, you should be thankful that I’m willing to carry you all the way to here!”

 

“I didn’t ask you to do so! You could just wake me up and I will walk by myself to here!”

 

“But you look so cute in your sleep and I feel guilty if your sleep was disturbed! At least, give me a reward like a kiss on the cheek or—“ Momo paused. Oh, what am I saying?! Stupid Momo!

 

Mina blinked. “W-What?” Her cheeks were flushed with red tint.

 

“Oh, no.” Momo mumbled and took one hand to cover . Stupid mouth.

 

“A-Anyway, I’m going to my room.” Momo said, rubbing her nape while looking down. “Good night!”

 

Before she could leave the room, she heard her name being called.

 

“Momo.”

 

“Yep?”

 

“Let’s compensate the kiss tomorrow.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, that's it. This chapter is quite short but I made SaTzu a little progress here. And also, Mimo scene with their little cute argument. Let's see DubChaeng's progress in the next chapter. (I don't know when I'm going to update ^^ Silly me.)

Hope you like this chapter!