New Standards

Talk

   "What do you like about yourself?" Byungjoo asked Xero, tapping the lead of a wooden pencil on the first line of a brand new page in his journal as he sat on top of his kitchen counter with the boy standing in front of him. It was his second day home from the hospital. He shrugged. "You know what I like about you?"
Xero tilted his head.
"I like your personality." He turned around and opened the kitchen window, letting in a cool breeze that blew Xero's hair out of his eyes. "You're really sweet."
He shook his head in disagreement.
"No, you're not allowed to think like that. So from now on, whatever I like about you, you're gonna like about you." Byungjoo began to write in the journal, creating a title that read 'What I like about myself.' "What is something of yours that you cherish?"
Xero rolled his eyes around the kitchen, then poked Byungjoo in his chest with a cheeky smile.
Byungjoo set the notebook down laughing, then cupped the boys cheeks, inching their faces together. Their lips barely touched as they looked into each others eyes. Xero then closed his, pushing himself into the other, his tongue reaching through his mouth that released a great tension from his mind. He breathed through his nose with his body in between Byungjoo's legs, wrapping his arms around him to let his hands feel along his back. 
Byungjoo pulled away and began to kiss down his neck, ing the collar of his shirt to peck at his collar-bone.
Xero pulled his face to his own again with his hands, eager to capture his lips once more. They stopped, staring into each other's eyes with no expression.

Byungjoo's phone began to sound, disrupting their mood swing. He grabbed it and looked at the caller ID.
"Don't know who that is." He set it down putting it on silent, pulling Xero into his arms again. They continued to give each other small kisses, until his phone went off another time. He looked at it once more. "Same call..." He frowned, trying to recognize the unknown number.
Xero chuckled and snatched it out of his hands, setting it back down on the counter and began to kiss along his jawline. But his phone sounded, again.
Byungjoo stopped Xero this time, answering the call. "I need to take this."
 A bit let down, the boy stepped back and nodded, letting him jump off of the counter.
"Hello?"
"B-Joo..?" A woman's voice ring in his ears.
"Who is this?"