Words

Talk

   Hansol was under a careful eye by the boys as his health seemed to have gotten better while laying in Byungjoo's bed. Xero took the opportunity to confront Taeyang, who sat in the kitchen, visibly frightened by his appearance. But he needed to make things better.

Without questioning from either Sanggyun or Byungjoo, he walked out of the room, and anxiety rising inside of him as he searched for Taeyang. He couldn't hold it off any longer. He found the elder at the kitchen table, who was startled by his sudden presence.
Xero gestured for him to calm down, before carefully sitting himself across from him. They both sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

Until Xero did the unthinkable.

"J... Jenissi..." Xero spoke, for the first time in seven years. His voice was abnormally quiet, almost a whisper; he was unsure of how to add any dynamic, but he continued on. "Jenissi..."
The elder was surprised, unsure of how to feel about it all.
Xero struggled. "I... I wanted to say... I'm sorry... But I know... That won't ever be good enough." With a deep breath, he kept on. "I wasn't in my right mind... It was wrong... Everything about what I did was wrong... And I only did it cause... I wanted someone else to feel what I was going through... I was so angry back then... And it's not an excuse... But it's why I did it... And if it takes any weight off... I do feel terrible about it... And what I did to you haunts me, just like a lot of other things... But it's my own fault... What I did to you... And I would give my life to make it go away for you... But I can't... And I hope... That you can have some kind of closure... At least from this perspective... I am truly sorry..." He stood up, but Taeyang sat him back down.
"It does... It does give me closure. Everyone knows your story kid, I've been through a lot too, so it may take some time for me to like you, and I'll probably never trust you again, but I'll take your word because prison can make you do crazy things. Especially when you're scared."
The relief that sprinted through Xero's body was almost unbearable. He had gotten so used to having to let people go, he couldn't believe what he was hearing.
"And I can deal with it... Cause Kidoh was a terrible person, and killed whoever he could get his hands on. Truthfully I wanted him dead, I just didn't want me to have to be the one to do it."