A New Dump

Talk

   The weather didn't take kindly as the beginnings of Spring were stretching through the sky, gifting the soil light waters to quench its thirst. There was a far frequency of sirens amplifying through Byungjoo's ears once he said his goodbye to Xero on the bus and headed towards his work. The lobby was cluttered with more customers than usual, exhausting him from just the look of it. He took his time before clocking in at the service desk, sitting in the employee's room to try and motivate himself for the day.
"Today probably won't be too bad." He muttered, standing up and heading back towards the lobby.

Byungjoo decided to coordinate to move things along in an easy fashion—he started to the counter to help his grandmother knock out the complaints of a few customers, then carried his way into the garage for repair. 

A loud echo of a heavy metal sounded through the lobby followed by an angry scream. Byungjoo hurried to the sudden outbreak, seeing Sanggyun and his grandfather in a heated argument.
"Screw you! You think the whole world revolves around you and everyone has to do as you please or else 'poor me! Everybody's dumb! I deserve better!' You never think about anybody but yourself!" Sanggyun mimicked his grandfather with a growing anger.
"If you don't like my rules then leave! The doors right there! But you won't because you're a coward! You'll find out real quick you keep running your mouth like that people aren't gonna put up with that !"
"Hey hey hey!" Byungjoo stood himself in between the two of them, distancing them away from each other. "What the hell!? You guys are seriously gonna fight like this in the middle of the ing lobby!? At least go in the back and settle this!" Sanggyun marched to the employee's room, and his grandfather to his office. Byungjoo flailed his arms in questioning at his grandmother who stood by and watched the entire incident. "It didn't occur to you to maybe stop this?"

"Grandpa what the hell's going on?" Byungjoo asked, crossing his arms as he leaned against the elders office desk.
He rubbed his temples, still upset with Sanggyun. "That Sanggyun, I kicked him out of the house last night!"
"You kicked him out?" Byungjoo squinted.
"Yeah! He kept running his mouth about how I'm this and that, and I told him to get out! I'm not going to sit there and be disrespected in my own home by that coward!"
"So what'd you do to make him say those things?"
"Because I work all day everyday, and that kid does nothing but lay around the house. He doesn't even pay to live there!"
"You ever stop to think Sanggyun's going through stuff?"
He scoffed. "So you're sticking up for him? You know what, just get out, I don't need this."
"No, you're gonna listen!" Byungjoo postured himself with a tight finger pointing at his grandfather. "I'm so sick of our family falling apart cause you're an about everything! You act like cause you're older you should just gain respect from everybody and do nothing to earn it. You treat your kids like crap, and you treat Sanggyun like crap, and when they walk out you say nothing but ty things about them. I'm sick of playing nice cards with you because you can't control your anger! You exaggerate everything! Quit starting at work!" He stormed out, knowing he would soon regret yelling at his grandfather, and headed to the employee room where he found Sanggyun pacing.
"I'm so sick of him Byungjoo. I swear to god I'll ing-"
"Calm down asswipe! We all know what he's like!"
"The ing bastard sits there and says I do nothing around the house even though I give him all of my money, work, and go to school! Last week he knew I needed to get my plates renewed, so what does he do? He makes me pay the electric, even though I already pay for cable, throwing the 'I don't do anything' excuse in my face. Now I have expired plates and have to wait til next week to renew them! All he does is work and then pass out on the couch, and because I don't cut the grass when he says to, I'm the tiest person on the face of the planet. Dude, I swear..." He plopped down into the nearest chair in a huff, trying to calm himself down. "It's not worth it... It's not worth getting mad about, he's never gonna change."
"What'd he say to you anyways?"
"He walks by me like a petty school girl and calls me a snake in the grass! I did nothing to him!"
Byungjoo chuckled. "Where are you staying?"
"At some dudes." He shook his head.
"Yeah.. Why don't you stay with me until you get things figured out."
"Really man? I wanna get out of this dump. I wanna look for a new job."
"Well for now, this dump's your only option." He patted Sanggyun's shoulder and left.

 

   Byungjoo caught a ride from Sanggyun and commuted back to his apartment after work.
"So what's going on with that mute guy?" Sanggyun asked, stretching his arms along the head of the couch as he sat down.
"Xero? Uhh... I mean... I don't really know if I should tell you..."
"Why not?" He laughed. "I'm chill dude!"
"It's not that. I just don't want to say something that's not my place to say."
"Yeah man, I get it."
Byungjoo took the seat next to him and paused for a moment. "You wanna meet him?"
"Uh..." Sanggyun rolled his eyes in thought. "I don't know how well I'd do around a mute."
"He's not too weird." He nudged the other with a quick chuckle. "He's nice. Too nice. But he's moody. And it's so hard to understand him sometimes."
"Well duh dude, he's mute. What'd you expect for him to talk? And I mean I might as well, we're bound to meet soon anyways."
"Yeah sometimes I wish he'd just ing talk."