Chapter 5

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT {ON HOLD}

Kyungsoo and JongIn disappeared somewhere, one minute they were sitting in the cafeteria and in another second they were nowhere to be found.

JongIn and Kyungsoo start getting close to each other since the party a few days ago. JongIn still didn’t confess to him, he still worried about the fact to be rejected since he doesn’t know Kyungsoo’s feelings toward him.

JongIn come out to his family years ago, it was hard to do, believing they’ll never accept him, but to his surprise, his parents and two sisters were beyond welcoming, at some point, his mom teased saying she did know since his birth.

In meantime, Kyungsoo still hiding the fact he’s gay, only his best friend know about his ual orientation he never tried to come out again since that incident in middle school.

 

4 years ago

 

A young Kyungsoo confessed his love to one of his seniors, the boy named Kris was a year or two older than him, he was so handsome, so cute and adorable, that what Kyungsoo thought until he dared and confessed to him.

It was a sunny day, Kyungsoo just come out from class, he didn’t have any classes that day after this one, he was walking in the corridor when he heard his name being called, he turned around to see Taemin, his crush, Kyungsoo confessed to two days ago but got rejected.

 

Kyungsoo was surprised, “Hyung what are you doing here?”

 

“I come for you”

 

“Me?”

 

“Yes you”

 

“But why?”

 

“Kyungsoo-Ya, I’m sorry for what did happen two days ago, I was surprised, I did plan to confess too but you were fast to do it, you understand me right Kyungsoo-ah,” Kris said holding his hands.

 

“Hyung …”

 

“Soo, can you be my boyfriend?”

 

Kyungsoo was shaking, his legs were going jelly, he can’t believe what he just heard, Kris, Kris Wu, the school’s god, just proposed to him to be his boyfriend. KyungSoo tried to stay conscious but he lost it falling into Tae Min’s hands. Kris took him to school nursery, the nurse made a checkup and told him it’s just some kind of shock there is nothing to be worried about, and he’ll wake up in few hours. Kris stayed with him until he woke up. KyungSoo opened his eyes slowly to meet with the sight of Kris holding his hand. “Hi, you, how do you feel?”

 

“Hyung what did happen?”

 

“You faint after I asked you to be my boyfriend,” Kris said with a chuckle, Kyungsoo holds his face in his palm from embarrassment, he was a blushing ball by now while muttering “I’m sorry”.

“It’s okay,” Kris said with a smile Kyungsoo was happy that his crush or should I say his lover acknowledged him. What he didn’t know all this was a plan, a plan made by Kris and his friends just to have fun with him, the plan he figured out but was too late.

 

Kris didn’t love him, didn’t care about him, all he needed is to win the bet he made with his friends and get over with all this. The poor Kyungsoo, fall for it.

 

They keep dating for over a month, in that month he felt like living in heaven until that night, Kris invited him for a party, at first Kyungsoo heisted but give in after his boyfriend pressuring him.In that night he finds out what type of guys Kris was. Kris excused himself to go and get them something to drink, Kyungsoo only nodded with a big smile. He waited and waited but there is no sight of his boyfriend, so he followed him into the kitchen to check if everything was alright, and he wished he didn’t. Kris was there in the kitchen with his friends drinking, Kyungsoo was going to make his presence known until he heard one of his boyfriend’s friends. “So Kris, how are you doing with your little ?” Tao said with a smirk.

 

Kris frowned before saying, “He’s so annoying, clingy, gosh, I don’t know why the hell I accept that stupid bet, my life is hell, I can’t wait to him and get over with it.”

 

KyungSoo’s world just broke down. KyungSoo was practically running down the sidewalk his vision blurry from his tears as he pulled out his phone. Dialing the first number in his contacts KyungSoo put his phone to his ear. After two rings someone picked up the other end.

 

“C-ChanYeol Can you come get me?” KyungSoo sobbed into the speaker.

 

“Kyungsoo? Soo what’s wrong? Soo where are you?” ChanYeol asked frantically as he heard the tears in Kyungsoo’s voice. ChanYeol began running around his house in search of his car keys before he rushed out the door.

 

“I-I’m at the corner of Dangsan. Can you get me?” Kyungsoo stopped by the street sign the lamp above him the only light on the street.

 

“Okay Soo. I’m on my way. Stay there.” ChanYeol hung up and started his car speeding down the streets to his friend. KyungSoo was thankful that ChanYeol only lived 15 minutes from the Dangsan because he was freezing in the cool evening breeze. When ChanYeol pulled in front of him the younger pulled open the passenger door and rushed inside.

 

“Soo. What happened? I thought you were at the party with Kris” ChanYeol turned to look at his friend’s face. As soon as ChanYeol looked at Kyungsoo, the younger broke down again sobbing loudly into his hands as ChanYeol stared surprised at him.

 

“SOO, What happened? Where is Kris?” ChanYeol grabbed Kyungsoo’s hands to make the younger look at him.

 

“C-can we just go home?” Kyungsoo pleaded not wanting to think about what Kris said any longer than he had to. ChanYeol silently nodded and pulled away from the street heading toward Kyungsoo’s house. KyungSoo stared at his phone seeing 8 missed calls from Kris and another incoming one but he swiped it away and instead stared out the window at all the passing lights. When ChanYeol reached KyungSoo’s house he turned to the younger. “So are you going to tell me what happened now?”

 

KyungSoo looked at his friend with teary eyes. “I’m not ready to talk about it yet. I need to just get some sleep. I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.” He offered.

 

ChanYeol pursed his lips before sighing. “Fine. But you better call me first thing in the morning. You scared me to death tonight you know that?” ChanYeol raised his eyebrow at KyungSoo.

 

“I know. I’m sorry. I promise I will.” He patted ChanYeol’s leg before exiting the car and entering his house. As soon as he walked into the house he slid down the door frame curling into himself as he let his sobs overtake him. His whole body shaking with each new wave of tears. KyungSoo had never felt so heartbroken before. Not even when Kris rejected him because this was different. Kris used him, played with his feelings and tried to take his innocent for money. Kyungsoo grabbed his heart as his sobs became uncontrollable. He rested his head on the door while his whole body shook with tears and pain.

 

Lifting himself off the floor Kyungsoo made it to his bedroom where he changed into his pajamas his tears never stopping. He entered the bathroom and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He cried his eyes out until he falls asleep on the bathroom floor.

 

Kyungsoo stopped going to school for a whole 3 weeks, ChanYeol kept visiting him after school and check how is he doing. Kyungsoo told his friend what did happen, ChanYeol was ready to bit the out of Kris but Kyungsoo didn’t let him because he doesn’t know he heard them. Kris tried to know why Kyungsoo stopped going to school, why he doesn’t pick up the phone or answer his texts but to no rival, until today Kris doesn’t know why Kyungsoo disappeared or why he changed school.

 

After that incident, Kyungsoo begged his father to change school, even though changing school he kept in touch with ChanYeol. Only ChanYeol know what happened back then, only ChanYeol saw his best friend break down for 3 weeks, only ChanYeol know how much Kyungsoo suffered.

 

Since that day, Kyungsoo vowed he’ll never let anyone into his heart. Confessing? Well, that isn’t an option. Dating? Kyungsoo hates that word by now or thinks he does.

 

In meantime, after their lunch in the cafeteria, Jongin dragged Kyungsoo to the rooftop saying he needs to get fresh air and the place is calm so they can talk.

 

“What did you want to talk about?”

 

“Hyung, can I ask you something?” Jongin said with a whole serious tone that made Kyungsoo look at him puzzled,

 

“this isn’t good.” He told himself “Y-Yeah, w-what do y-you w-want t-to ask me?”Kyungsoo startled, he is so scared of what coming, he doesn’t want to know, but at the same time, he can’t let Jongin feel his fear.

 

“Hyung, what do you think about love between the same gender?”

 

“What do you mean the same gender”

 

“I mean love between two boys or two girls”

 

Kyungsoo was shocked, why is Jongin asking him this? Does he know? But how? He never told the younger boy about him being gay. “I don’t know since I-I'm s-straight” With a broken heart, a sad smile that Kyungsoo failed to see Jongin said “Oh, I’m sorry, hahaha, Hyung I need to go now I have something to do, see you later” With that, Jongin left the rooftop.

 

Jongin was hurt, hurt by the fact he was in love with a straight boy for over two years, why didn’t he see it? Was he that blind by love so he didn’t notice signs? All the tears he was holding before come out now, tears of hurt, frustration, disappointment, and pain. Jongin didn’t know where to go or who to call, he didn’t have anyone, he can’t talk to his two sisters or parents, even though they know he was gay he still can’t be that open up with them let alone telling his family about his love problems.

 

On his way out of the school, skipping the rest of classes since he doesn’t feel like attending, remembered his friend from middle school. Sehun was a tall, childish, bubble tea lover, he was known to be an honest, cute, adorable but sometimes annoying . He was Jongin’s best friend since middle school, even though they attend different high schools they contact each other’s sometimes, he knew about Jongin been gay and he was the one who helped him to come out to his family.

 

Without wasting any more time, he took his phone dialing the first number in his contacts, Jongin put his phone to his ear. After four rings someone picked up the other end. “Who is this?” Sehun said with a sleepy voice

 

“This is me, Kai”

 

“Kai what’s up.”

 

“Can we meet? I need to talk to you, please”.

 

“Jongin are you Okay? what the matter?”

 

 

“I’m fine, but can we meet? it’s important“

 

“Like now?”

 

“Yes now, let meet at our usual coffee.”

 

 

“OKAY, I’ll be there”.

 

It was a quiet walk to the coffee. Jongin had a lot on his mind. Thrown completely by the ambivalence of his feelings, fear of the upcoming, Jongin struggled to regain his mental composure. By the time Jongin has succeeded, he was in front of the coffee where he’ll meet his best friend. Standing at the spot, Jongin watched his best friend waving at him to come, walking too slowly, Smiling a little, his movements full of masculine grace, yet oddly tired, he set in front of his best friend. Sehun’s hands moved to hold Jongin’s in a comforting manner. "What the matter?" Sehun demanded in sudden alarm. For some reasons Jongin wasn’t able to talk, he was broken, in pain, scared. After a relatively short time, Jongin gained the confidence he needed to speak and start his story. "2 years ago, after I started high school I meet this boy, he was so gorgeous, cute with heart-like lips, big eyes and an amazing personality, at first I was so shy to talk to him, you know how I act around new peoples." Sehun only nodded and asked him to continue. "For all these past years I was holding parties in an attempt to meet him and maybe get to know him, he never comes until-until, "

 

"Until what ? " said Sehun

 

"Until a few weeks ago, I had the courage to invite him, he comes with his best friend, at first it was hard for me to talk to him but when I saw his best friend named ChanYeol, looking at a new boy, I dragged him to talk with that boy. "

 

"And? "

 

"Kyungsoo,.. " Sehun interrupts him saying "And who’s this Kyungsoo ? " he said with a confused look.

 

"T-the b-boy I-I’m in love with," Jongin said with a blush

 

"What?" Sehun almost screamed attracting the attention of everyone who’s in the coffee

 

"Be quiet please, you are making a scene." Jongin said with a pout

 

"Okay, am sorry, go on"

 

"Anyway, since I saw him I fall for him, but I never confessed until today"

 

"Wooh wooh, hold on there, are you telling me you already confessed? " Sehun said with a lifted brow

 

"No, I didn’t confess, I was going to, but I needed to know how he feels about gay people first.".

 

"So, what did happen?"

 

"I asked him what he thinks about the relationship between the same gender at first he was shocked and confused but when I explained to him what I mean, he said, ..

 

 

"Jongin, what did he say?"

 

"H-he’s s-s-straight." Sensing his friend’s heartbreak and pain he stands up and hugged him trying to comfort him "It’s okay Jongin-ah, it’s his lost anyway"

 

It’s been 2 weeks since Jongin attends his classes, for the first week, he kept locking himself in his room, sulking like a 2 years old kid, refusing to answer his phone or talk to anyone and sometimes he may go out to the next door bar and start drinking till he lost his conscious. Sehun tried so hard to get him out of this state but his efforts go in vain.

 

Kyungsoo tried to talk to him too, he called texted but to no rival, Jongin was ignoring him completely and that worried him a lot. He did want to visit him but he didn’t know where the latter live.

Week later, Jongin decided he should man up and go back to school, it’s not the end of the world if the boy he loves doesn’t feel the same toward him, if the boy he loves is straight, he needs to move on, he needs to start a new, he needs to mind his life. Jongin made a list of things he need to do, first he needs to ignore the older boy so he can move on quickly, even if it was hard to do but he needs to be strong, second he needs to find someone who’d be ready to help him, someone who’s ready to heal his broken heart, he needs to find a boyfriend.

 

On his way to school, while thinking about all this, he bombed to someone, when he left his had he saw a tall boy with panda-like eyes. “ Sorry,” said the boy.

 

“It’s okay, it was my fault anyway, I wasn’t watching where I’m going.”

“No problem, what a beautiful boy like you doing here alone? “

“ I'm on my way to school“ Said Jongin with a

“Same too, you don’t mind if we go together? “

 

 

Shrugging his shoulders Jongin mumbled an Okay

“I’m Zi Tao just transferred school“ 

“Kim Jongin“

 

Kyungsoo was already in school, waiting for ChanYeol when he saw Jongin with the new boy, he smiled at him but he got ignored. Kyungsoo has been feeling weird since the last time he talks with Jongin, he doesn’t want to admit it but he starts building affection toward the young boy.

 

“What’s up, what are you looking at?” ChanYeol said with curiosity looking to where Kyungsoo was looking

 

“Hey, you come? How long have you been standing there?”

 

“I just come, so what were you looking at?”

 

“It’s nothing let’s go.”

 

Kyungsoo was boiling since he saw Jongin with the other boy, he doesn’t care but why does he feel like this? It’s none of his business what Kai decided to do with his life, but still, he thought they were friends. “I’m confused, why am feeling like this, why all these confusing feelings?” He took his phone out and texted Jongin

“Hi, this is Kyungsoo, I don’t know if you remember me, but can we talk, please? I need to tell you something.” He waited and waited but there is no response, he felt his chest tightening and tears coming down.

 

“Soo, what the matter, why are you crying?” ChanYeol said with worry

 

“I-I’m f-fine, don’t worry ChanYeol-ah, It’s nothing, I think something entered my eyes.” He said while rubbing his eyes.

 

“If you say so” Kyungsoo wasn’t able to focus on his classes, he was stray minded all the time. “It’s hurt, why he is doing this to me, why is he ignoring me, if he doesn’t want to be my friend, he should tell me and I want to bother him again.” He said while trying to control a wave of tears.

 

In the meantime, Jongin was enjoying Tao’s company like if nothing happened at all, for a while he forgot about Kyungsoo and his love for Kyungsoo.

 

“I don’t know what happening with my friend, he has been sad for weeks now, I tried to know what going on but he doesn’t talk to me, Baekhyun-Ah what should I do?” ChanYeol texted Baekhyun with a pout playing on his lips.

 

“Well, have you tried to ask him the correct questions?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Have you tried to directly ask him what the matter, what going on with him, why is he sad like that?”

 

“Nop, I didn’t”

 

“Then, how do you think you’ll get him to talk?” Baekhyun replied while shaking his head

 

“You’re right, Thank you, Baek, see you after classes :D “

 

Reading the nickname made Baekhyun blushing and smiling at the same time, what made his best friend Suho looking at him like a weirdo, “Dude, why are you blushing and smiling at the same time?”

“I’m not”

 

“Yeah you are”

 

“No, I’m not”

 

“Byun Baekhyun what are you hiding from me?”

 

“I’m not hiding anything,” said while trying to hold his giggles.

 

“You two, what’s funny?”

 

“Sorry Mrs. Ha,” They said in union

 

The bell ring, indicating the end of lessons, ChanYeol dragged Kyungsoo to the cafeteria for lunch and to meet Baekhyun, Kyungsoo tried to resist but he was so tired, while on their way to the table, Kyungsoo saw something he didn’t expect to see, in the corner, Jongin was sitting with a new boy laughing. Kyungsoo felt pain in his chest, excused himself, saying he just remember he needed to be somewhere and left.