Chapter 2

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT {ON HOLD}

ChanYeol wasn’t able to believe what he saw, here in the corner of the room, the strange boy, standing with another person.why is he here? What is he doing here? Who’s that boy with him? Why do they look so close to each other? Is he a friend? Maybe a boyfriend?

 

Baekhyun agreed to accompany his best friend Suho into one of his friend’s party out of politeness and expecting a rather dull evening. But was taken aback when he discovered one of the guests was the strange boy.

 

Anyone can say if noticed from a close distance that Baekhyun looked essentially bored, standing a bit awkwardly with a glass of juice in the midst of people who were mostly strangers in a party where apparently he knew no one. Well, except for his charming best friend Suho with whom he stands at the moment and the strange boy who’s currently sitting on the couch.

 

Baekhyun tried vainly to look as cheerful as possible for Suho's sake. But he’s aware that he is not doing a good job at that.

 

I hope you are not getting bored? Or, are you? Suho, sounding concerned, broke the silence that was lingering in their corner for quite a while now. Baekhyun forced a smile, no, no, I'm loving it. The ambiance is quite something. Also, I'm glad that you brought me with you. I really didn't have anything to do at home. My mother is out with her friends and Kris is not much of a company, as you know.

 

Hearing Baekhyun’s reply Suho relaxed a little. Then Baekhyun zoned out again thinking about how easy to fool Suho. He grants his trust in people easily and that what he finds adorable in this older boy. A very reliable and good friend. That’s why when yesterday Suho asked him to accompany for this friend’s of his party, Baekhyun couldn't say no. And now here he is suffering the consequence of getting bored because frankly, Baekhyun is feeling like a fish out of water in here.

 

"You seem a little quieter than usual, so I was thinking maybe you are getting bored" Suho pursued.

 

"Oh, am I? Sorry! I guess I didn't realize. I was just observing the party." Baekhyun made a hasty reply.

 

Giving up on the attempt at conversation, Suho asked, "Would you like to dance?"

 

Baekhyun nodded, showing a little enthusiasm because he really didn’t want to ruin Suho's good mood. Though dancing is a field where Baekhyun avoided stepping into but he didn’t want to be any more of a mood-spoiler than he already is.

 

While dancing they engaged in small talks.He asked Suho his opinion about the party. Baekhyun wanted to know this to keep the good mood. Suho could only give an estimation of the common talks repeating the obvious truth.

 

Engaging in their small talk and sometimes laughing at stupid things, they didn’t notice someone staring at them from the couch making holes into Suho’s head.

 

The music ended and Baekhyun sighed secretly. They started walking out of the dance floor when someone with a crisp husky seductive voice spoke from their back, "Suho is it? Won't you introduce me to your guest?"

 

Much delighted and somewhat flattered Suho to be noticed by the y god of Joongdong High School, "Kim Jong In" beamed and said, "Baekhyun, this is Kim Jong In, the Party host, and one of our school dances and his friend Park ChanYeol, son of Park, one of the biggest Construction engineering company’s founders. This is my friend Byun Baekhyun."

 

Baekhyun seemed frozen and did not notice the boy’s extended hand in order to complete the formality. He is strikingly handsome with that tall, lean, well-toned body. There is no mistaking that well-shaped head of black hair, no mistaking that soft yet round eyes, those big ears, and that handsome face. Unforgettable!

 

Seeing Baekhyun's frozen state, ChanYeol made the move and took his hand in a soft yet firm grip. "Park ChanYeol", he said. Baekhyun felt helpless and just gave a curt nod in response. ChanYeol gave a smile that is capable bringing guys and girls on their knees.

 

Feeling the tension Suho interrupted saying, "Mr. Park, do you know that Baekhyun is a singer too?" ChanYeol nodded only, not showing much interest, while his gaze was fixed on Baekhyun.

ChanYeol was still holding Baekhyun’s hand. Then he asked with all the politeness, "May I have this dance with you Baekhyun?" Baekhyun felt a strange sensation in the pit of his stomach under that intense gaze of the handsome boy. His immediate thought was to decline the offer, but thinking of Suho he accepted.

 

Suffocated by the feeling that filled his heart, but equally feeling an immense attraction to the fine human species before him, he moved into ChanYeol's waiting arms.

 

Swamping with tension, Baekhyun put his every bit of concentration on keeping his body away from any contact with ChanYeol's. ChanYeol held him close but spared him in keeping the space between them. They started dancing. Though Baekhyun was just following the moves made by ChanYeol.

 

Baekhyun could swear the tension was so thick between them that it could be cut with a knife. Perhaps intending to break this awkward silence ChanYeol spoke, "Are you this quiet usually or is that due to the unfamiliarity of this atmosphere and the people surrounding you?"

 

"Both, I guess." Replied Baekhyun.

 

"Is the party not to your liking?"

 

"No, it's fine. I'm fine. I’m just a bit awkward, I won't deny because I don't know much about the guests here. But I'm coping fine."

 

"But you've disliked every minute of this party, I bet."

 

"What makes you say that?"

 

"I've been watching you."

 

Repressing an involuntary shiver, Baekhyun chose not to reply. ChanYeol getting more curious about the cute yet somewhat feisty boy he held at the moment decided to continue their conversation.

 

"why did you come tonight?"

 

"Because Suho asked me."

 

"And you always say yes to whatever he asks?"

 

Slightly blushing he answered, "whenever possible."

 

"What is he to you? Friend? Boyfriend?"

 

ChanYeol's curiosity was getting quite grate on the nerves for Baekhyun. So he replied a bit annoyed, "and how exactly is that of any concern to you, I don't understand Mr. Park."

 

"ChanYeol, call me by my name. And I do not intend to make that my concern Baekhyun.I'm just talking about your relationship with Suho."

 

"Mr. Park, I don't see how our relationship is anything but your business."

 

With that, Baekhyun left the dance floor, leaving a stunned ChanYeol, staring at him.

 

After returning to the corner, Baekhyun insists Suho take him home because the encounter with ChanYeol left him fully drained. Suho threw him a pitiful look and started out from the party. While driving he asked Baekhyun whether he was feeling okay because he looked a bit pale. When Baekhyun said that he was fine and he is just tired, Suho let go off that topic and took up another one which, if someone asked Baekhyun will say it's the most dreaded topic. Yes! Suho started talking about Park ChanYeol family’s success story in the field of business.

 

Out of the many things that Suho said, the one which stuck in his mind was that ChanYeol, despite his age and social level still single. He was caught off-guard for a while when Suho said that ChanYeol is not in a relationship and never has been.

 

In the meantime, his mind was full of Park ChanYeol. He cannot erase that face and voice from his mind. It had always been the same since the first moment he set his eyes on him two weeks ago.

 

All of a sudden the doorbell rang, startling Baekhyun, pulling him out of his thoughts. Who can be at the door, at this hour? Is it Suho again? Or maybe Kris is back, but that was unlikely. He dragged himself to the door and peeped through the door eye, but due to the darkness, he didn’t quite catch up the figure. So he opened the door carefully and brought his head out. He got the shock of his life when he saw the person standing at his door.