Heaven is Wrapped in Chains

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas day.

 

The snow was falling ever so lightly and happy people flooded the sidewalks.

 

Sehun looked out his apartment window in disgust. Everyone was so damn happy. It was made the dark eyed male feel sick. He just wanted to stay inside until the dreadful day was over so that maybe...just maybe the memories would stop intruding his mind.

 

He didn't want to remember the laughs that use to fill his four walls.

 

The smiles.

 

The cuddles.

 

The love.

 

He didn't want to remember...him.

 

Sehun’s fist clinched as the vision pushed past his defences anyway.

 

 

Flashback:

 

“Pass me that.”  

 

Sehun passed the smaller his red and green mug.

 

“Thanks, love,” the dancer carefully sipped his hot chocolate, “You make this best hot cocoa. Have I ever told you that?”

 

“Every time.”” Sehun smiled at the love of his entire life.

 

Kai grinned, “And don’t you forget it.”  

 

Sehun pulled his boyfriend closer to his chest. It seemed that even with just skin between them, Kai was never close enough.

 

I love you…

 

 

He didn’t say those three words out loud then. There were so many times the assassin neglected saying those words aloud. But honestly, if Sehun told Kai he loved him every time he thought it….those words would have been on a constant repeat.

 

~.~.~.~

 

“Are you sure you have to go?”

 

Chanyeol looked down at his cute boyfriend, “Yes, baby. But I will be back before you even realize I’m gone.”  

 

Jongin crossed his arms, “But everyone will be here in a few moments. Can you can stay a little longer?”

 

The detective turned away and pulled on his overcoat,  “Nini, I can’t. I have to go.”

 

“Fine.”

 

Sighing, Chanyeol cupped the tan male’s face, “Hey, I love you. I’ll come back as soon as I can.” He kissed the smaller’s nose, “I promise.”

 

Still frowning, Jongin watched as Chanyeol opened the door to their apartment only to be greeted by Taemin and Minho’s smiling faces.

 

“Hey, Chan!” Taemin noticed that the newly promoted officer looked like he was leaving, “Going out?”

 

Chanyeol stepped aside and allowed the couple to enter.

 

“I have some work to do, but I’ll be back.” Chanyeol explained.

 

Taemin nodded and glanced at his friend’s disappointed face. He looked away before Jongin could notice though. He didn’t want to draw more attention to the matter. He could only imagine that Jongin already tried to fight the other on it.

 

Clearly the dancer loss that fight.

 

He smiled, hoping to cheer his friend up a little, “No worries. We’re going to have fun with or without you. Right, Nini?”

 

Jongin looked at his best friend and smiled a little, “Yeah.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t miss the drag in his boyfriend’s tone, but he had to meet up with Baekhyun and the others to plan out how they would approach EXO’s meeting.

 

“Well don’t have too much fun without me,” Chanyeol kissed Jongin once more, “Bye, babe.”

 

Chanyeol didn't look back because if he did, he knew he would stay. He couldn't do that. He had to do this.

 

The tall man was about to get into his car when he noticed two people approaching his apartment building.

 

One was Luhan. Even from afar Chanyeol could spot the cute dear-like male. Why were all of Jongin’s friends just so damn adorable?

 

The person next to Luhan must have been Sehun. When the man ran his fingers through his hair, Chanyeol for sure knew it was Sehun.

 

It seemed like like everything that guy did he was posing for a camera. The man was so flawlessly handsome, Chanyeol couldn’t stop the small sting of jealousy in his chest.

 

He knew Jongin said the other was in love with Kai and was dating Luhan now, but Chanyeol still had this feeling that Sehun wanted something more than friendship from Jongin. He trusted Jongin, he did. He knew the other would never betray him or hurt him on purpose, but everything about Sehun just made him uneasy.

 

He didn’t trust him.

 

But Jongin did, so Chanyeol would allow their ‘friendship’ to continue.

 

But the first time Sehun ed up, Chanyeol would never let Jongin see him ever again.

 

Ever.

 

The buzzing in his pocket notified him that he just got a text.

 

Chief: Where are you?

 

Chanyeol slid inside his car.

 

On my way.

 

~.~.~.~

 

When Jongin opened the door, Sehun felt like he was punched directly in the chest.

 

Hard.

 

Jongin was wearing a fuzzy white swear that slightly hung off his shoulder, tight dark blue skinny jeans, brown boots, and a cute reindeer headband.

 

So ing beautiful.

 

“Luhan, Sehun. So glad you guys made it. Come on in.”  Jongin beamed.

 

Sehun noticed something different in the way the dancer smiled but decided to bring it up later. He entered behind Luhan and helped the Chinese out of his coat like the perfect gentlemen he pretended to be.

 

He took off his coat and started toward the closet to hang them up, but Jongin stepped in front of him.

 

“I’ll take those,” he grabbed the winter garments, “Go join the others in the livingroom. I’m making hot chocolate.”  he said.

 

“I umm…”

 

Jongin tilted his head, “Hm?”

 

Sehun cleared his throat and tried again, “Can I help?”

 

Jongin smiled that dazzling smile Sehun was so use to.

 

Please don’t...

 

“You sure? Do you even know how to make hot chocolate?” the dancer laughed.

 

You’re killing me, Jongin...

 

“I can try.” Sehun answered.

 

Jongin smiled even widered and hung up the coat in the closet before turning to grab Sehun’s hand.

 

“Let’s do it then.”

 

Sehun’s heart began to beat at an impossible pace.

 

You’ll be the death of me…

 

~.~.~.~

 

Jongin ended up watching Sehun make all of the drinks. He looked like a pro as he finished up with whip cream and chocolate drizzles on the tops.

 

It made the dancer giggle seeing Sehun expect the mugs for perfection. Who would have thought that tall, dark, and handsome Oh Sehun was a professional barista.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

Jongin hopped down from the kitchen table and approached the taller. He scanned the tray of hot chocolates, all with a different chocolate designs on the tops.

 

“Which one is mine?” he asked.

 

His playful smile fell slightly when Sehun pointed to the mug with the chocolate heart on top. He was sure that one was for Luhan. What was the other playing at?

 

Even so, the dancer took the mug and gently blew on the hot liquid.

 

Slowly and careful not to burn his tongue, Jongin tasted the drink. His eyes widened at the delicious sweetness.

 

“Wow! This is amazing, Sehun! This is like the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had!” he couldn’t contain his excitement. He loved sweet things, especially drinks.

 

Sehun let out a deep chuckle, “I’m glad you like it.”

 

Jongin nodded, “I love it. Come on, let’s share with the others.”

 

Taemin, Minho, and Luhan were sitting on the floor surrounding a board game. They looked up when Jongin and Sehun entered.

 

“Done?” Taemin asked quickly standing and nearing Sehun, who was holding the tray of hot beverages.

 

He grabbed a mug and took a sip, “Wow, Nini. This taste amazing. What did you do different this time?”

 

Drawn to Taemin’s reaction, Luhan and Minho followed suit and stood to retrieve their cups.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter