Up In Flames

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kai.”

Kai held that teasing smirk he was so famous for on his pretty face. The more Sehun analyze him, the more he noticed the small differences between the twins. 

Kai wore a little makeup and dark eyeliner, making his eyes look a lot more daring. 

Jongin didn’t wear makeup at all

Kai’s hair was always pushed back out his face. He wanted to be seen...clearly. He needed a person’s undivided attention when in his presence. He wouldn’t accept it any other way. 

Jongin’s hair always hung in front of his eyes. Avoiding eye contact as much as possible. If he went unnoticed, that was perfectly fine with him. 

Kai was captivating, like a siren. 

Jongin was inviting, like an angel. 

Kai was here.

Jongin was not. 

Kai was alive.

Kai was alive? 

KAI WAS ALIVE! 

Sehun snatched the gun up from the floor and scurried to his feet. 

He aimed the metal piece directly between Kai’s eyes. An act he never thought would happen in a million years...because for one, he loved Kai, and second, Kai was supposed to be dead. 

When he finally wet his mouth enough to actually speak, it was only one word.

“Explain.”

Kai didn’t look confused or shocked, only amused. Sehun had always been amusing to the other assassin. 

Sehun’s grip on the gun tightened. 

“Right now.”

Kai brought a small hand up and knocked the gun out of his face. No one else would have attempted to move, but that was Kai. He was always testing people, daring them to change up their actions, and tempting them to watch for his next move. 

The dancer walked over to Sehun’s bed and flopped down comfortably as if he hadn’t disappeared for years. 

Sehun stayed silent, letting Kai know that he meant what he said and wasn’t going to let the other wiggle his way out of this situation. 

Kai rolled his eyes and rose to his feet again. He walked up to Sehun and attempted to place a hand on Sehun’s face, “Why are you so angry? Aren’t you happy I’m alive?”

Sehun, however, wasn’t ready to accept his ex-lovers intimate gestures, not yet. He turned away from Kai’s touch and stepped back. 

He watched as Kai’s flirty face turned into one of confusion, “Sehun? What’s your problem? It’s me.” 

“Exactly. It’s you. You’re right here. Standing in front of me smiling and acting like you haven’t been gone...for years. I thought you were dead, Kai. Dead. Yet, here you are. Why?”

Kai titled his head questioningly, ”Why? Don't you mean how?” 

”Why?.”

Kai’s eyes narrowed at the taller male, “ Wh-? I don-? Sehun, love. It’s me. Why are you talking to me like that?” 

Sehun didn’t answer. For the first time in their relationship, Kai would be the one explaining himself to Sehun, hoping and praying that the latter would understand and forgive him.

Kai let out a loud sigh, indicating how very annoyed he was with the situation. 

“Whatever, love. I’m going to bed. Come find me when you remember how much you missed having me around.” 

Sehun watched Kai turn around and head toward the door. 

Unbelievable. Did Kai really not think he owed Sehun some sort of explanation?

Part of him didn’t care if Kai left. He wanted Kai to know how pissed he was at him for pretending to be dead all these years. Part of him wanted Kai to feel the hurt, loneliness, and depression that he had to suffer through over the past few years thinking that he had failed the love his life. 

And yet there was the other part of Sehun. 

The part that missed Kai so much that his hurt to breathe. The part of Sehun who needed Kai around to feel alive. That part of Sehun loved Kai more than anything and was miserable without him. 

That was the part of Sehun that caused the assassin to crossed the bedroom in a lightning speed to stop Kai from leaving him..again. 

He caught the smaller killer by the arm and spun him around to face him. The cocky smirk on Kai’s face pissed Sehun off. He knew Sehun would chase after him. He always did, Sehun knew that too. But how could he not? This was Kim ing Kai standing before him. 

His love. His life. His everything. 

After a few moments of just standing there, Kai rolled his eyes and threw his arms around Sehun’s neck. 

“I knew you still wanted me.” 

Before Sehun realized what was going on, Kai had pulled him down for a kiss. 

This kiss was powerful, urgent, and filled with need. Just as all of their kisses had been like before they were separated. 

Kai’s soft devil of a tongue pushed past Sehun’s lips and Sehun knew he wouldn’t be able to resist Kai. He never could. 

Sehun wrapped his thick arms around Kai’s slim waist and lifted him with ease. 

Kai let out a playful squeak and continued to trailed kissed up and down Sehun’s neck. 

The taller male walked toward his bed and tossed Kai down onto the bouncy surface rather roughly. Kai didn’t mind though, he liked rough. 

Sehun examined Kai’s form, taking in the moment. The vixen looked up at him innocently at first, and for a second Sehun thought of Jongin. 

But then Kai’s eyes turned back to his y self and all thoughts of Jongin flew out the window. 

With a single finger, Kai urged Sehun forward,“Come here, love. We have some catching up to do.” 

Smirking at the familiar scene before him, Sehun pulled his shirt off over his head and did what he was told. 

~.~.~.~

Jongin couldn’t stop the tears from taking over his vision. 

Sehun’s men took Jongin back home safely as they were instructed to do. As if just a few hours ago they hadn’t kidnapped him and dragged him before that evil lady. 

As soon as the car stopped in front of his apartment, the dancer got out and slammed the door shut. 

He wasn’t surprised when he heard two more doors open and shut too. 

He spun around quickly, anger laced in his voice, “Don’t follow me. I’m home now. You’ve completed your damn mission. Now leave me alone.” 

The two gang members looked at each other before one of them spoke softly, “Master Sehun instructed us to walk you to your door.” 

Jongin scoffed, “Oh, did he? Well, you can tell your precious ‘Master Sehun’ that I don’t need his protection anymore so stay the hell out of my life.” 

The other gang member spoke this time, “The only thing we will be telling him is that we did exactly what he told us to do. Now do us a favor, princess and start walking. I want to go home already.” 

Jongin let out a frustrated groan and stomped the entire way to his apartment front door. 

He was surprised to see Chanyeol standing outside. 

When Chanyeol saw the two men in dark glasses and mask that had a boa on it, he knew exactly what Jimin had done. 

He quickly grabbed Jongin and examined his face, “Nini, are you okay? Did they hurt yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter