Follow You Into the Dark

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, he said he needs you? What did he mean? Sounds like a confession to me, Nini.”

Jongin sighed and stared up at the ceiling.’

He had made it to Taemin’s and was currently laying in the bed with his best friend. Sehun had walked him all the way there and then left without a word. What the heck? How can someone say something so meaningful and then just leave like nothing happened. Jongin didn’t speak up either, but he was just so confused. He was speechless.

“No, it’s not a confession, Tae. He said he didn’t like me, remember?”

Taemin rolled over and rested his head on his hand, elbow on the bed, “I remember, but it doesn’t make sense. He doesn’t like you, but he needs you? What does he even mean? I would have told him to explain if I were you.”

“I know, I know. I should have said something, but I just couldn’t. I didn’t know what to say. It was like my mind went blank. I could only follow him when he started walking.”

“Sounds like you want him to like you, Nini.”

Jongin’s eyes widened and he looked over at his friend, “No! That’s crazy. Why would I want Sehun to like me? I don’t even know him. I’m with Chanyeol too. No matter what happens between us, I love Yeollie. I don’t want to cause unnecessary problems.”

“Then why are you here with me then?” Taemin stated.

“Huh?”

“Why are you here, Nini? Why did you leave your home this late?”

“I told you. We had a fight.”

“About what? Because when you guys usually fight, you make up so fast its crazy sometimes. What was different about this fight?”

Jongin didn’t answer.

He and Chanyeol had fought about Sehun. To be honest, Jongin knew he was being unreasonable. He shouldn’t have gotten as upset as he did. But he couldn’t help it.

Sehun.

Even when he wasn’t around, the latter weighed on the dancer’s mind heavy. Too heavy. It was overbearing to say the least.

How could someone whom he barely knew make him feel so much?

Who was Oh Sehun?

~.~.~.~

Sehun sat at the park across the street from Taemin’s apartment.

He played with his hand knife as he thought about a certain dancer.

A certain blonde dancer.

He slowly, but surely, began to see Jongin as Jongin. He still couldn’t help but unconsciously compare his angel to his…light?

Yeah, Jongin was his light.

Hopefully, if he followed the light it would lead him to a small bit of happiness at the end of the dark tunnel.

Maybe, just maybe, this light would lead him to Kai.

That was Sehun’s silent prayer. He missed Kai so ing much, it hurt.

It still ing hurt so much.

His angel.

He needed to find his angel again. Maybe that is why Jongin appeared before him. To show him the way.

Sehun launched his knife toward to the intruder.

The stranger caught the knife and chuckled, “Impressive.”

Sehun finally looked up, “Same for you.”

Jimin slowly approached the sitting assassin, that devious smirk never leaving his soft face.

“He sure is beautiful, huh?”

Sehun’s jaw clinched and his muscles tightened, “If you know what’s best for you, you would find a new target.”

Jimin crossed his arms and looked up at Taemin’s apartment. The light was on, indicating that the two dancers have yet to fall asleep.

“Sorry. Can’t. I have my orders. Just like you have yours.”

“You know me or something?” Sehun questioned.

“Of course. Who doesn’t know the Ice Prince. The Great Demon Assassin. The Beast. The Silent Devil. 94. You have many names, but my personal favorite….Kai’s Dog.”

The punch sent Jimin flying.

“I’m going to ing kill you!” Sehun growled.

Jimin picked himself off the cold ground, spitting the blood out on the white snow.

He smiled, “Down, boy. You think I was dumb enough to come here alone.”

Sehun followed Jimin’s eyes back to Taemin’s apartment window.

To the assassin’s displeasure, a red dot followed the shadows inside

A sniper.

Sehun growled as he quickly pulled out his handgun and aimed it at Jimin.

“I’ll kill you. I swear to god I will.” He warned, his voice laced with venom.

Jimin began to circle Sehun, “Oh, I believe you, 94. But the moment you pull the trigger your precious Jongin is dead.”

Sehun’s heart beat was abusing his chest. His blood had run cold. His finger hesitated over the trigger.

The killer had never felt this emotion before. What was it?

He involuntarily glanced up at the apartment window.

It was open now, and Jongin was standing there, completely unaware that his life was in danger. The red dot hovered over his chest and Sehun felt like pins were stabbing his heart.

Without further thought, the assassin threw his gun down on the snow.

Jimin smirked, “That’s a good boy,”

With the wave of Jimin’s hand, the red dot disappeared from Jongin body and Sehun felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

“Looks like some things never change,” Jimin started walking away, “We’ll catch up another time, doggie boy.”

When Jimin was out of sight, Sehun fell to his knees.

He brought his hand to his chest. His heart was still slamming against his ribcage uncontrollably.

This new feeling…Sehun knew what it was now.

Fear.

~.~.~.~

Jongin missed his students.

They had closed the dance studio until they found whoever killed his dance teacher. So, now the dancer was job

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter