Bleeding Love

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanyeol”

 

Even though Jongin was smiling the look on his boyfriend’s face was nowhere near amused.

 

Confused, Jongin slowly approached the taller male, “Everything okay?”

 

Chanyeol snatched away from Jongin’s outreached hand, his blood boiling. Was Jongin trying to joke around? Nothing was funny about the position Chanyeol had caught his boyfriend and Sehun in.

 

Chanyeol eyes shot daggers at Sehun who was now standing and facing him. The other didn’t look scared or even apologetic and that  pissed Chanyeol off even more.

 

“Leave.”

 

Jongin flinched at the malice in Chanyeol’s voice. He looked over at Sehun, surprised to see that the other male was already staring at him.

 

The tears were gone, but there was still so much sadness in those dark orbs. He hadn’t even got the chance to ask Sehun why he was sad.

 

Jongin wanted to know. He needed to know.

 

He needed to comfort Sehun with words, or hugs, or whatever Sehun needed.

 

Jongin would do anything to keep that look off Sehun’s face.

 

Anything.

 

But right now, Chanyeol was also important. Clearly something had happened that made his boyfriend act this way. Jongin  had to make it better.

 

“What’s wrong, love? Did something happen at work?” Jongin tried again.

 

Chanyeol looked insulted, “Are you serious right now, Jongin?”

 

The dancer bit his lip, “I...I don’t understand, Yeollie. I was just asking. It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it.”

 

Any other time Chanyeol would have gave into Jongin’s soft voice. Any other time Chanyeol would have apologized to the dancer and kissed him all over his pretty face. Any other time Chanyeol would have felt bad about yelling at Jongin.

 

But that was before, when Chanyeol didn’t have this burning jealousy in his chest.

 

“No, we need to talk about it.”

 

Jongin only nodded, he didn’t say anything.

 

Chanyeol cut his eyes at the reason him and Jongin were fighting in the first place.

 

Sehun was the reason Chanyeol felt like he had to constantly worry about who Jongin was with and how long he would be away. Things were perfect between him and Jongin, and Sehun had ruined it.

 

Chanyeol had never hated someone so much.

 

“STOP ING LOOKING AT HIM!”

 

When Sehun’s eyes slowly found his, the detective smirked. He finally had his attention.

 

“Yeollie?”

 

Chanyeol sighed and ran his hand through his hair. He knew he should calm down, but he couldn’t. Not when flashes of Jongin’s arms wrapped around Sehun’s neck kept appearing in his head.

 

“I need you out of my home.”

 

Sehun rose a perfect eyebrow, amused by how upset the cop was. The assassin had no intention on leaving, but when he looked to Jongin the dancer nodded slightly.

 

Sehun hesitated for the first time in his life. In the back of his mind, the thought that Chanyeol would hurt Jongin was there. The thought alone made Sehun want to kill the wide-eyed male. Years ago, the slightest inkling would have been enough for Sehun to murder a person, no questions asked.

 

But now….

 

It’s okay, Jongin mouthed to Sehun from where Chanyeol couldn’t see. He didn’t want to make things worst than what they already were. He was starting to sense what his boyfriend was upset about.

 

Sehun looked at Chanyeol once more, “Fine.”

 

Chanyeol watched Sehun gather his belongings and head towards the door. He was only half surprised when Sehun looked at Jongin….again.

 

He clenched his fist.

 

“Call me if you need me.” Sehun said.

 

Chanyeol reached out and yanked Jongin closer to his chest, “He won’t need you. Have a nice night.”

 

Sehun wanted very much so to rip the taller male’s arms right out of it’s sockets for being so rough with Jongin, but the smile on the dancer’s face was only reason he simply nodded and left the apartment.

 

The moment the door closed Chanyeol let go of Jongin and stepped back.

 

“What the hell were you two doing, Jongin?”

 

Jongin didn’t answer right away. He was still trying to wrap his mind around how jealous his boyfriend sounded. Did he not trust Jongin at all? Did he think so little of him?

 

“What do you think we were doing, Chanyeol?” Jongin countered, arms crossed over his chest.

 

The detective wasn’t deaf to the disappointment in his boyfriend’s voice. It was becoming Jongin’s usual tone with Chanyeol these days. He hated it.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes and took a moment to compose himself and think about what he was going to say. When he opened them, Jongin no longer looked angry.

 

He looked hurt.

 

I'm a ing idiot.

 

Without a word, Chanyeol pulled Jongin into a tight embrace.  

 

“I’m so sorry, Nini. I’m so stupid.” Chanyeol mumbled into Jongin’s hair.

 

The dancer didn’t respond immediately and Chanyeol was so scared he had really blew it this time, but then small arms wrapped around his waist and he knew he hadn’t lost Jongin.

 

Not this time. Not yet.

 

“Why have you been getting so jealous lately? It’s not like you. Do you not trust me anymore? Have I done something that made you question my loyalty?”  Jongin asked, listening to Chanyeol’s heartbeat through his chest.

 

“No, no, no, it’s not you. It’s him. I don't trust him, Nini. No matter what you say, I can’t trust him. I’m sorry, I can’t.”

 

Jongin sighed, “But why? Sehun is harmless. He’s never done or said anything that indicates that he likes me more than a friend.”

 

Chanyeol stepped back and looked down at Jongin, hands resting on his shoulders. Was Jongin really so…oblivious? Did he truly not see the effect he had on others?

 

“It’s the way he looks at you that has me so worried, Nini.”

 

Jongin’s brows knitted together in confusion. Of course he wouldn't understand. Chanyeol barely understood it himself. But he tried to explain anyway.

 

“He looks at you like you are the reason his heart continues to beat. Like you are the reason he lives. Like you are sunshine after the worst of storms. Like you…,” Chanyeol sighed at Jongin’s wondering eyes, “He’s in love with you, Nini.”

 

Jongin’s head began to shake in denial, but Chanyeol held his face still in his hands.

 

No more.

 

No more denying what was a as clear as day to everyone but Jongin himself.

 

“Please listen to me, Nini. I know what I’m talking about. I know that’s what he feels, because…I used to look at you the same way. I still do.” Chanyeol confessed.

 

Jongin stared up into Chanyeol's eyes, the usual light nowhere to be found. Chanyeol was completely serious this time.

 

“I....what do you want me to do?”

 

“Let’s go away for a few days. No phones, no distractions. Just you and me.”

 

“But-.”

 

“Please, Nini. I need this. Please.”

 

Jongin looked at the coach where he and Sehun were not long ago. He remembered the pain in Sehun’s eyes, the tears. It was too much for Jongin to bare. He had never seen Sehun look so fragile.

 

Then he looked up at Chanyeol, his best friend and lover. Even though the taller tried to hide it with a smile, Jongin saw the fear in his eyes. He was scared? Did the thought of another wanting Jongin’s affection really scare his boyfriend that much?

 

The tightening of hands on his arms answered that question quickly.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Really?” Chanyeol’s eyes began to get that light again.

 

Jongin smiled at that, “Yes,Yeollie. I’ll go away with you if that will make you happy.”

 

Chanyeol pulled Jongin into the tightest hug, “Thank you, Nini. Thank you.”

 

Jongin returned the hug, trying hard to ignore the stingy feeling in his eyes.

 

Will you be okay until I return….Sehun….

 

~.~.~.~

 

Sehun hadn’t heard from Jongin in two damn weeks and he felt like his insides were on fire.

 

He didn’t know if it was anger from Jongin leaving without a single word.

 

Or if it was the torment of not knowing where he was, if he was okay, and when he was coming back.

 

If he was coming back…

 

No.

 

He wouldn’t let himself think that way. He couldn’t. The feeling he got when he thought about the possibility that Jongin would never return to him was….nauseating.

 

If it wasn’t for Taemin telling him that Jongin had went on a trip with Chanyeol Sehun would have set fire to the city looking for the dancer.

 

‘He wanted me to tell you that he’s okay and that he’s sorry he left so suddenly’

 

Sehun’s jaw clenched at the memory. Why couldn’t Jongin tell him that himself? Why was he only communicating to Taemin? Why wasn’t Jongin answering any of his text or calls? All Sehun wanted- needed was to hear Jongin’s voice.

 

He needed to hear it so ing badly…

 

“!” Sehun growled as he punched a hole in his wall...again.

 

The assasin’s back hit the wall before his legs gave out and he crumpled to the floor.

 

He stared at the blood dripping from his already bruised hand. It should be painful, but the burning in his chest was much much worst.

 

How did he get so pathetic?

 

It wasn’t suppose to be like this. He wasn’t suppose to be so disgustingly pitiful.

 

He was a killer.

 

Using his other hand, Sehun reached into his pocket and pulled out a silver necklace with a tiny heart shaped locket attached. His thumb ran over the custom designs and words that were engraved into the metal.

 

The sentence repeated over and over again in his head. As if it would make the pain stop, he launched the necklace across the room.

 

“Sehun?”

 

Sehun was too caught up in his misery he didn’t hear that someone had entered his apartment.

 

A small hand picked up the abandoned necklace. Eyes looked over the details of the delicate piece of jewelry. It was beautiful. Obviously it was custom made and from what was written on it, it was for a certain special someone.

 

The wide eyed male looked down at Sehun’s tragic state. He wasn’t going to bother asking if the other was okay. There was no use in pretending that Sehun wasn’t a complete wreck and it didn’t take genius to figure out the reason why.

 

“Sehun, come on. Get up.”

 

“Soo?”

 

“Yes, it’s me. I knocked, you didn’t answer so I let myself in,” he put out his hand, “Give me your hand.”

 

Sehun began to raise the blood covered one.

 

“Jesus, Sehun, what have you done?” Kyungsoo grabbed the clean hand and pulled Sehun up off the floor and led him to the bathroom.

 

He put Sehun’s bloody hand in the sink and ran cold water over it. It stung but Sehun didn’t make a sound.

 

Kyungsoo watched the red water ran down the drain, “Hurting yourself won’t bring him back, you know?”

 

Sehun waited for the other to specify what ‘him’ he was talking about, but he didn’t. He left Sehun to come to the conclusion on his own, but how could he when the two people he cared about both abandoned him.

 

Kai.

 

Jongin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter