Lost and Found

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you all for being patient with me. I haven't abandoned this story, I just had to want for inspiration to continue. 

 

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Happy reading! :)

 

Jongin had never been so nervous in his entire life. 

Not when he had his first dance recital.Not when he had his first date with Chanyeol. Not even when he had his first day of classes in a new country and he only knew a summer break’s worth of French.

All of those events were nerve wrecking for sure. Yet none of those feelings were even close to the way the dancer was feeling at this very moment, standing before a glass case of assorted pieces of jewelry. 

It was silly. Jongin never had issues buying a birthday gift before. He was actually pretty good at it. He cared so much about his friends and family, he always seemed to give the best gifts. 

However... 

He closed his eyes and sighed deeply. His heart was beating like crazy as his eyes roamed the items in front of him. It was like all the gold and silver overwhelmed the dancer and if he picked the wrong item his life would be over. 

“Can I assist you with anything, sir?” 

Jongin looked up at the girl smiling sweetly behind the counter and nodded. 

She smiled brighter, “Who are you buying something for? Family member? Friend? Girlfriend?”

Jongin bit his lip and contemplated his answer, “Friend...but a really important friend. It’s a birthday present.” 

“Ahh, a special friend? I would suggest a necklace or ring?” 

Jongin’s eyes widened, “A ring? You don’t think that's too…you know...weird?” 

There was no way the girl didn’t notice the obvious blush Jongin had on his face, but she was kind enough to not mention it. 

“Not if you really like this special friend.” 

“I do..” Jongin shyly admitted. 

The girl smiled sweetly and walked over to the rings. She selected one and placed and placed it on the counter. 

“This one is a personal favorite of mine. It’s crafted with agate which is believed to be a protective stone. It's supposed to ward off bad dreams, stress and give strength.” 

Jongin examined the piece of jewelry.  It was a simple ring, only a white band with no other decorations, but Jongin loved the meaning behind it. 

Protection…

The dancer wanted nothing more than for Sehun to feel safe. His life seemed to be so hard it made Jongin sad. Physically, the male wasn’t much help to Sehun, but he hoped that the other knew that he could lean on Jongin whenever he needed to. 

Jongin was there for Sehun. Always. 

“I’ll take it. Can you gift wrap it?” 

~.~.~.~

Sehun was a cold-blooded killer, there wasn’t a reason for the assassin to feel anxious about anything. He knew that no one stood a chance against him and he was confident that after losing Kai and became even more deadly, that no one was stupid enough to try him again. 

But he was wrong. 

Someone did try him. 

Dark eyes looked at the text from an unsaved number.

Sehun-ah, I think it’s time for you to return home. I warned you to stay away from that pretty dancer, yet you have disregarded my warning. You’ve given me no choice but to remove the dancer from your sight on my own accords. 

Sehun knew who sent that text. Only one person would dare to threaten him and it was the same person who was the reason the man was the way he was in the first place. 

She had shaped Sehun into the heartless soul he was. She trained him to be a merciless monster since he was the age of 5 and when she was satisfied with the demon he became, she quickly deposed of him. 

The fact that she thought to meddle in his life again meant she disapproved of something Sehun was doing and felt that it was her place to correct him. 

Sehun put the phone up to his ear and waited as the phone rang. 

As soon as the call was answered, Sehun immediately stated his demands, “Do not touch him.” 

“Now it that the proper way to greet your mother, Sehun.?” 

Sehun’s blood boiled at the mocking tone the woman had, “You are no mother to me, Boa. You yourself made that clear a long time ago.” 

Boa chuckled, “Well, you’re right about that. Getting pregnant was the worst mistake of my life. But you had proven yourself to be a decent assassin, so I’m glad I didn’t have you killed as an infant.” 

“How kind of you,” Sehun bit out. He was trying his absolute best to control the beast within, but the mere voice of the women who birthed him sent him into a state of pure anger and hatred. The very few times they spoke it always ended with Sehun smashing his phone, abruptly ending their conversations. 

“Anyway, I already sent men out to retrieve your little dancer so your call is pointless.”

Sehun’s heart skipped a beat, “St-stop them...” 

“Oh? Listen to you. That almost sounded like a plea. Look how pathetic being around him has made you. It’s embarrassing. I can’t believe y-.” 

“I SAID ING STOP THEM, YOU !” Sehun had lost it. It was inevitable and he should have known, but he had let Jongin make him think he could control his emotions. 

But no, he couldn't. He never could. That’s what Kai had been there for. He kept Sehun under control because Sehun wasn’t as strong as people thought. 

“There’s my killer of a son. You just needed a little push that’s all.” 

When the call suddenly ended, Sehun let out a frustrated growl and launched his phone across the room. He knew it wouldn’t make things better, but the couldn’t stop himself from destroying everything in sight. He disregarded the fact that he was in Jongin’s apartments and not his own, but the anger...it was too much. It caused him to lose all sense of reason. 

How could he stay calm when Jongin was more than likely being manhandled by some lowlife snakes that worked for his mother? How could he stay sane when his one and only source of happiness was being ripped away from him...again. It was impossible. He had failed Jongin. He couldn’t protect him. 

I’m ing worthless..,

Sehun looked up and caught a glance at a picture of Jongin’s high school graduation photo hanging up on his wall. He was so beautiful. So full of the light that Sehun needed to fill his darkness. He made Sehun feel things the man had never felt before. He gave him hope. 

Hope…

Maybe...his mother hadn’t told her men to kill Jongin on the spot. Maybe...just maybe, she ordered for him to be brought to her.Knowing the sick twisted women she was, maybe she wanted to torture Jongin first. 

Sehun clenched his fist at the thought of someone harming his precious Jongin, but he didn’t have time to think. If Jongin was still alive, he wouldn’t be for long. 

Sehun rushed out of the apartment. 

He ran as if his life depended on it. 

Because it did.

~.~.~.~

Jongin couldn’t see. 

His kidnappers had tied a blindfold over his eyes so the dancer had no sense of direction. He was terrified. He had never been kidnapp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter