Give Your Heart a Break

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol read the text.

 

Then he read it again.

 

And then he read once more.

 

No many how many times he read it, he couldn’t understand.

 

He’s clean.

 

Goodbye.

 

Impossible. It was ing impossible! There was no way in hell that Sehun was innocent. Chanyeol would still bet his life on that. It didn’t make sense.

 

He tried calling the tan male but it went straight to voicemail. Either Jongin turned off his phone or blocked his number. Chanyeol prayed It wasn’t the latter. He still hoped that no what their relationship, Jongin wouldn’t throw him away so easily.

 

Jongin couldn’t possibly choose a murderer over him.

 

The detective groaned in frustration.  

 

“You okay?”

 

Chanyeol sighed at the sweet voice. The other seemed to always know when he was feeling crappy. He spurned around in his chair and looked at the small chief.

 

“I made a bet to Jongin. I told him about the EXO tattoo. I promised him that if Sehun didn’t have one then I would stop bothering him.”

 

“He didn’t find one.”

 

Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun wasn’t asking a question, but making a statement.

 

“No, he didn’t. But that’s impossible, Baekkie. He has to have one. I‎t must be well hidden or something,” Chanyeol turned back around and picked up the phone on his desk. When Jongin’s number went straight to voicemail again, the detective’s heart sank.

 

How could this be happening to him? What did he do to deserve this punishment?

 

A warm hand was placed on his back, “Look, it’s not your fault Chanyeol.”

 

The taller male sighed, “I just don’t understand. I know I’m right. So where the hell is that tattoo? And if Sehun,  for some odd reason, doesn’t have one. Why?”

 

I‎t seemed that his boss didn’t even have the answers. That only motivated him more.

 

“I’ll prove that Sehun is a killer. I’ll find some way to prove I‎t to Jongin and then everything will be better again,” he stood up and fixed his gun belt. Then he hooked his badge onto his pants.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“To find something to get Jongin back.”

 

He would not lose the other to Sehun. Not while he still had air in his lungs.

 

~.~.~.~

 

Baekhyun had somehow managed to go weeks without anyone in the gang finding out about Chanyeol. The undercover assassin was grateful. If anyone found out, the detective would be killed immediately. Followed by his own death for being unloyal.

 

It was late and Chanyeol still hadn’t returned to the apartment. He always called when he was going to our past midnight. Baekhyun was worried.

 

Park, where are you?

 

He didn’t get a reply, not even after the 6th text. Baekhyun chewed on his bottom lip, anxiously. Should he go out and look for him? Should he stay put and wait? What if something happened? What if someone found out? What if Sehun caught on?

 

The small male shuttered at the thought.

 

Sehun could kill Chanyeol in a heartbeat. The detective wouldn’t stand a chance against the Silent Devil.

 

Once the beast was released….no one could.

 

Baekhyun decided to ease his mind with a hot shower. He couldn’t afford to look for Chanyeol right now. It was after midnight, the prime hours EXO and other gangs prowled the streets. Someone would surely recognize him.  He wouldn’t risk that possibility, especially if Chanyeol just happened to be around.

 

, Baekhyun looked at himself in his full-length mirror. He wasn’t muscular like Sehun, but he wasn’t soft like most people would assume. He was a member of EXO, after all. He had to be able to fight and be able to protect himself. The underground world was a dangerous place.

 

Even though everyone pledged loyalty to their group, there was always someone who betrayed the group. It was always someone who was least expected too. Because of that, no one was truly safe. Luckily for Baekhyun, he had something other gangs respected wholeheartedly.

 

Like Chanyeol said...all of EXO did.

 

Baekhyun touched the permanent black ink on his hip. He remembered when he first got his tattoo. He had been with Kai and Luhan. Since Kyungsoo was out on a date with Suho he didn’t tag along with them. Baekhyun had been nervous as hell, but Kai had not. He was so brave and it was amazing to Baekhyun.

 

Kai had been such a beautiful and strong longer, Baekhyun looked up to him more than anyone.

 

Well, probably not more than Sehun. But it had been impossible to worship anyone more than how Sehun had worshipped Kai.

 

It was unhealthy too.  

 

Baekhyun had never been a fan of their relationship. It wasn’t how a romantic at all. Kai and Sehun were more of master and slave than they were lovers. To someone who craved to have someone at their side to love and protect, their relationship was disgusting.

 

Even so, Baekhyun smiled at the couple because Kai had issues and Sehun followed his every command.

 

Baekhyun sighed as the hot water hit his body.

 

Is his twin really worth all this….Sehun?

 

~.~.~.~

 

Jongin had come to the conclusion that he would never get to use to waking up face to face with Sehun. The other man was just so handsome. Even while he slept, his face alone was enough to cause a tight feeling to invade Jongin’s chest.

 

His dark eyebrows were pointed downward as if he were thinking hard about something.

 

Jongin reached out and gently traced his fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter