Thinking Out Loud

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So the person who killed that dance teacher wasn’t part of  BTS, but of EXO?”

 

Chanyeol nodded, “Yes, sir. All of the evidence leads to EXO.”

 

Baekhyun looked over the files. The male before him was right. All of the reports, witnesses, and other files pointed directly to the underground mafia group.

 

Placing the files neatly on his desk, Baekhyun looked up at the officer, “So do we have a suspect?”

 

Chanyeol looked down, “No sir, but rumor has it that the group is having a meeting in one of the warehouses down by their loading dock for foreign goods. They are suppose to be getting together Friday night.”

 

“So you plan to bust them then?”

 

“Absolutely! Even if we don’t find the killer, we will have more than enough criminals that will finally get put behind bars.” Chanyeol stated with complete confidence in his voice.

 

Baekhyun smiled, “Sounds like a plan.”

 

Chanyeol grinned, “Great.”

 

Baekhyun looked the tall male up and down, “You want to be a detective, Park?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Baekhyun rose from his desk and walked around it and sat on the edge.

 

Crossing one leg over the other, “I’m promoting you to detective, Park. Celebrate.”

 

Chanyeol was speechless, “Sir...I don’t know what to say.”

 

“Say ‘Thanks Baekhyun. You’re amazing!’ That should do it.” Baekhyun laughed.

 

“Thanks, Baekhyun. You’re amazing.”

 

Baekhyun froze and looked at his subordinate. He was just kidding, but the look on Chanyeol’s face was sincere. His eyes were bright with happiness.

 

The chief cleared his throat and turned away, “Right. Well, I should get back to work.”

 

Chanyeol bowed, “Of course. Thanks again,Chief .”

 

Once the giant left his office, Baekhyun placed both hands on his heated cheeks.

 

“Aish, what the hell, Baekkie. Stop being foolish.”

 

~.~.~.~

 

Jongin subconsciously swirled his stirring stick around the rim on his mug.

 

His thoughts were on numerous things, but mostly Sehun.

 

The dancer had been out all day shopping for last minute Christmas gifts with Taemin, but he hadn’t found anything for Sehun. He had got him a bunch of small gifts, to give on Christmas Eve, but he wanted to give Sehun something special on Christmas day.

 

He just didn’t know what.

 

“Something the matter?”

 

Jongin looked up at Taemin sitting across the table and shook his head, “No, just wondering on what to get Sehun for Christmas.”

 

“Well what does he like? Anything that he needs?” Taemin asked.

 

“He likes...the color red. I know he wears a lot of black, but he looks good in red. Really good…”

 

Taemin frowned at the last mumbled comment, “Is there anything he doesn’t look good in?”

 

Still lost in his thoughts, “No. He looks great in everything…”

 

“Does he, Nini?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Taemin scoffed, “You’re too attached to him.”

 

Jongin blushed and sipped his hot chocolate, “Stop it. What are you talking about, Tae?”

 

“See. You're so caught in Sehun's web, you don't even realize it.”

 

“His web? You make him sound dangerous, Tae.”

 

“He j-.”

 

Jongin stood up, “Look, I know Sehun is hard to read, and is rough around the edges but he is my friend and I care about him. If you're my friend, you will respect that.”

 

Taemin watched as his childhood friend put money on the table and leave the cafe.

 

Did Jongin really not see how close he was to falling?

 

~.~.~.~

 

“Please, please, please, don’t kill me. I’m sorry I just don’t have the money right now. It’s Christmas time, I wanted to get my kids something,but I’ll have it. Please under-.”

 

Luhan didn’t even flinch as Sehun backhanded the baker, snapping his neck.

 

Wow, Luhan thought.

 

Sehun never failed to amaze the Chinese assassin with his strength and ability to have absolutely no concern for human life. Luhan was all about following orders, but there was a limit even for him. Sehun was so damn heartless it was unreal.

 

How did he get that way? Luhan truly wanted to know. When they dated Sehun didn’t talk to him about his personal life, especially his life before joining EXO.

 

What made you so cold?

 

Sehun stepped over the dead body and walked toward Luhan, eyes on his phone.

 

“Our next visit is just right down the street. And old seamstress wh-.”

 

“What should I get Jongin for Christmas?”

 

Luhan froze, “Huh?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter