Don't Let Me Down.

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sehun....I…didn’t know…”

Sehun sighed, “Why would you have known?”

Jongin flinched at the bitterness in Sehun’s voice. It was obvious that the paler male was hurting, so why did he sound so angry?

“I mean, Kai never…”Jongin stopped. He didn’t want to say anything that would upset Sehun. He didn’t know anything about their relationship.

Honestly, Kai had never mentioned that he even had a boyfriend. Jongin didn’t understand. Why didn’t Kai ever say anything to him? Why did he hide his relationship with Sehun? Jongin would have loved to meet anyone that Kai thought was special. Kai should have known that.

“Guess I’m not the only one that was left in the dark.” Sehun mumbled.

Jongin cocked his head, “Huh?”

Sehun turned toward the mess on the floor and began picking up the broken pieces.

“Kai never told me about you either.”

“Oh.”

Sehun let out a sour chuckle, “Two years and I didn’t know my boyfriend had a brother. A ing twin. What else didn’t I know?”  

Jongin noticed how rough Sehun was picking up the broken glass, “Seh-.”

“We promised to tell each other everything. There was nothing I didn’t tell him. All my secrets, my past, about my m-.”

Sehun froze when Jongin was suddenly knelt in front of him, holding his wrist.

“Wha-.”

Jongin spoke softly, “You’re bleeding.”

Sehun looked down at the small cuts in his hand from how harshly he had been clenching the shattered teacup.

“I’m fine.”

Jongin shook his head, “Come here. Let me help you.”

The dancer rose to his feet, Sehun’s wrist still in his delicate hands.

From his knees, Sehun looked up at the beautiful creature.

Why was he being punished? Why did God hate him so much? Jongin was so painfully bright. Sehun couldn’t understand it.

“Let me help you.” Jongin repeated.

Right.

He hadn’t moved.

Sehun stood and allowed Jongin to lead him to the kitchen.

The dancer the warm water and pulled Sehun’s hand under the faucet.

The assassin didn’t even notice the stinging sensation.

All he could feel was Jongin’s fingers rubbing along Sehun’s palm, rinsing the blood. He could feel Jongin’s body slightly brushing up against his. He could feel his heart began to swell at the sight of someone tending to the wounds he would always ignore.

No.

Not again.

He can’t.

Sehun snatched his hand away, ignoring the confused look on Jongin’s face.  

He can’t.

“Sehun…”

He ing can’t.

“I got it.”

Jongin wanted to say something but Sehun already turned away from him.

He watched Sehun fumbled around in one of the kitchen drawers until he found some bandage wraps. Holding part of the medical equipment in his mouth, Sehun wrapped his wounded hand perfectly.

Too perfect.

Did he do this often?

Jongin didn’t like the idea.

The dancer rubbed his arm, feeling the tension suddenly between them.

What should he say?

He was never good with words.

“Um..I’m sure Kai had his reasons for not telling us about each other.”

Sehun just stared and Jongin felt like he was giving a speech in front of a million people.

“You think so?” Sehun finally asked.

Jongin gave a small smile and nodded, “Of course. You know Kai. He always believed he knew best. So, let’s just trust that he had a good reason and be happy that we crossed paths and that we can be friends now.”

“Friends?”

His laugh was just like Kai’s, “Yes, silly. Friends. You have friends, don’t you?”

“No. I only had Kai.”

Jongin’s smile faded. He wasn’t expecting an answer. Especially one that…sad. Why did Kai not tell him about Sehun? Jongin, deep down, still wanted to know.

“Well,” the blonde smiled again, “I’m your friend now. So, whenever you need someone, I’m here for you, okay?”

Sehun blinked at his new ‘friend’

I’m here for you.

~.~.~.~

Jongin had ended up spending the rest of the day at Sehun’s.

It was so nice listening to Sehun talk about his relationship with Kai. The way the taller male lit up when he said Kai’s name was precious. To know that Kai had someone looking out for him and taking care of him while he was in Korea made the younger twin so happy.

“You really loved him, huh?” Jongin suddenly asked.

Sehun paused for a moment. As if he needed time to get back to reality.

“Yeah…I still love him.”

Jongin smiled, “Me too.”

Sehun looked up into Jongin’s shining eyes. He could tell that the dancer was being completely honest.

Sehun’s chest began to get that warm feeling again.

He can’t.

The assassin stood up from his chair, “You should go.”

Jongin, who had been sitting across from Sehun on the coffee table, was confused in Sehun’s sudden change in tone, but he stood up too.

“Are you okay?”

Sehun ran a hand through his hair as he picked up Jongin’s coat off the kitchen isle.

“Yeah, it’s just getting late.”

Jongin decided to look pass the tension in his new friend’s, just this once.

“Okay. I’ll go.”

The dancer grabbed his coat from Sehun and slipped it on. Then he wrapped his scarf around his neck and put on his gloves. He turned to Sehun, who was looking to the floor for some reason.

“Hey…,”Sehun looked up and Jongin continued, “I had fun. We should do this again sometime.”

Sehun blinked at the beauty that was Jongin, “I’ll walk with you.”

Jongin shook his head, “No, like you said, it’s late. I’ll take a taxi.”

Sehun nodded even though he had no intension on letting the dancer go alone. He would wait a couple minutes and then follow him.

The blonde smiled and put hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter