Give Me a Sign

Dance with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dead star shine..Light up the sky 
I'm all out of breath..My walls are closing in 
Days go by.. Give me a sign 
Come back to the end..The shepherd of the damned

 

 

“NOOOOOO!!”

Sehun saw red.

The assassin had lost the little control he had as his lover’s body crumpled. Bullets shot at rapid speed and lifeless bodies hit the concrete. The beast had been unleashed and one person who could stop him was lying in a pool of his own blood.

Sehun was deaf to the screams of the people he slaughtered. He was blind to anything that wasn’t his target, his prey. He was numb to any feelings that didn’t fuel his anger.

The demon was angry.

So. Damn. Angry.

To Sehun’s disappointment, the man who pulled the trigger fled before he could finish off the last worthless soul.

Part of him wanted to go after the mafia lord, but then he heard his angel’s voice.

“…Sehun…”

~.~.~.~

Sehun stared up at his ceiling, the gentle breeze of the fan cooling the sweat on his body.

He sat up in his bed and ran a scared hand through his dark hair.

After a moment of deep breaths, Sehun made his way to his bathroom, wearing only his boxer briefs. It was winter time but the man couldn’t sleep unless he was nearly and had a fan directly on him.

Even though the gang member hardly got any sleep anyway these days

Sehun looked at his reflection.

It was obvious that he wasn’t sleeping well. The dark circles under his eyes were almost permanent.

Sehun didn’t mind them though. At least now he looked as dead on the outside as he felt on the inside.

It was the same routine every night. Sehun would dream about that day. Over and over again.

As if some cruel being was afraid that he would somehow forget what happened all those years ago.

Never.

There was no way Sehun would forget. He couldn’t forget.

He had to avenge Kai.

The other would have wanted Sehun to get revenge.

Sehun was sure of it.

~.~.~.~

Over the years Sehun had made his way up the ranks in the mafia world. He used to just be the one people would call when they wanted someone to do their dirty work. It was a known fact to the underground world that Sehun, or better known as simply ‘94’, was one of the most heartless cold blooded assassins around.

Now, Sehun wasn’t just some random gunman that just anyone could call for. He was part of EXO, an elite group of people who monopolized most of the firearm companies as well as owned varies smaller businesses.

One never knew who EXO had keeping an eye on things, so for the most part, crime in the city was at a minimal. The only people who stood up to EXO were dumb new people and members of the opposing mafia group, BTS.

The men of BTS had no class. They killed for fun and thought nothing of it.

In another life, Sehun would have fit perfectly in their gang. But in this life, BTS killed his angel. Their leader was the reason Kai was no longer at Sehun’s side.

Sehun would kill them.

All of them.

The last dart hit directly on the bullseye when Sehun’s cell phone rang.

“94.” He answered.

“Ya, Sehun. When will you listen to me and answer the phone normally when I call. We’re friends, aren’t we?”

“I don’t have friends, 7.”

“Right.”

Sehun rolled his eyes at the disappointment in his gang member’s voice. When will he learn?

“Is there a reason you called me, Luhan.” Sehun didn’t care that his voice came off irritated.

He was irritated.

He hated human contact of any kind. Unless Sehun was shoving a knife down someone’s throat, or dislocating someone’s jaw, the Korean wanted nothing to do with the outside world.

“Leader wants to see you.” Luhan finally spoke.

“Understood.”

“Se-“

Sehun ended the call and shoved the phone in his front pocket.

He pulled a leather jacket on and laced up his boots. He made his way to the weapon cabinet and put a handgun in his right back pocket and a small knife in his left one.

Then he left.

~.~.~.~

Luhan was waiting for Sehun outside of their boss’ office. Sehun really didn’t understand why the Chinese even bothered. It was obvious that Sehun would never return his feelings.

So why did the other still hang around the demon of a person. He would only get hurt. Too bad Sehun didn’t care enough to try to prevent it.

“7.” Sehun greeted.

Luhan pressed his lips together and nodded his head slightly, “94.”

“Boss is waiting for us.” Luhan spoke.

Sehun rose a perfect eyebrow, “Us?”

That was new. Sehun didn’t need a partner when he had a mission, that was understood. Especially if it involved killing. Sehun could murder a person blindfolded.

“Yes, us.” Luhan turned away from his crush and knocked on the office door.

“Come in, 7. 94.”

Luhan opened the door and allowed Sehun to enter first.

EXO’s leader, Kris, sat behind his desk.

Sehun had a lot of respect for Kris.

 

He was strong and wise. He grew up in the mafia world and when his father died he took his spot. He made sure to earn his respect from his followers, too. He proved himself to be more than just some spoiled rich kid taking over daddy’s company. He was a great leader and Sehun knew he always did what was best for the group.

 

“I have an assignment for you both,” before Sehun even asked, “Yes, I do mean both of you. I think that this will work best if you two worked together.”

 

Luhan nodded, “Okay, what kind of assignment, boss?”

 

Kris rested his elbows on his desk and stared at his favorite subordinates.

 

Sehun was his ace. Everyone knew that. No one questioned that. There was literally nothing that Kris didn’t trust Sehun to complete perfectly. The man was so deadly, Kris didn’t think he was capable of any human emotion. He felt no remorse for who he was assigned to killed. Whether it was man, woman, child, it was all the same for Sehun. A target was a target to the assassin, and Kris adored that about him.

 

Luhan was his hidden treasure. The small male didn’t look as deadly as Sehun, but oh was he. Luhan was used for more special occasions. He was good at manipulating a person’s mind, bending it to his will. Then when the moment was right, the assassin would break his target. There was no physical damage, so it was damn near impossible to trace anything back to the deer like male. A demon with the face of an angel.

 

Together, Kris could think of no better pair for this job.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter