Replay (Some Things Just Don't Change)

Beyond Words

Summary: Jessica meets and disturbs Tiffany in a plane. (SIdenote: bolded sentences were from the first time they met, normal fonts represents the present)

Replay (Some Things Just Don't Change)

Tiffany enters the pantry to get the food ready for this flight of passengers. As she stood at the counter filling the movable tray with packet meals, she can’t help but to overhear the conversation between her colleagues.

“She’s being so difficult,”

 

“What a . She keeps pressing the stupid button and when I go over, she tells me it’s nothing. And this isn’t the first time it happened,”

 

“I know. She kept insisting that the coffee I made was bad when all I did was add the two teaspoons of sugar she ordered me to,”

“Such a . She thinks sitting in a business class means a lot? Well, she should start comparing to those who can well afford a first class,”

Tiffany couldn’t help but to interrupt them.

 

Tiffany was curious. And so she enters the conversation with a question.

 

“Who are you guys talking about?”

 

“Who is being difficult?”                      

 

Sunny, the shorter girl among the two and who is also probably the shortest in this industry, replied, “You see the blondie over there?”

 

“Look over there. The blonde one on the extreme left in the third row,”

 

Tiffany followed Sunny’s line of vision to see – What in the wor-

“You see the one looking out of the window? She is one of the worst people I have ever served in my entire life,” The annoyed girl continued and grumbled something about not knowing what to do with the cup of coffee.

“Don’t worry. I’ll take care of it,” Tiffany swiftly takes the cup from Sunny’s hands and dumps the contents into the sink. The shorter girl looks at her in surprise before giving Tiffany a sudden hug from the back.

“THANK YOU SO MUCH! At least I know I will be able to keep my job,” Tiffany turns back to glare at Sunny as the short stewardess gives a sheepish smile, afraid that Tiffany might retract her offer.

-

“Ahem, here is your cup of coffee, Miss Jung,”

 

The bell was pressed again. Tiffany decides that maybe this blonde would treat her nicely if she were to be more polite, especially knowing Sooyoung’s inability to keep her emotions from being shown on her face.

Here goes nothing.

“How may I help you?”

 

The blonde takes the cup without even looking up, tastes the coffee and spits it out of .

“THAT IS THE WORLD’S W-” She stops short as she looks up and sees Tiffany’s grim face.

 

“Why doesn’t the menu have anything nice to ea- Ohhh, hello,” The blonde smiled as she looked up and admired how pretty this air stewardess was. It was pretty unusual for her to be swayed by women, but this air stewardess is just… DAMN. Love her eyes, lips, s and boy, that .

 

“World’s what?” Tiffany was threatening her, and she knows it.

 

“What would you like to eat then? We have one of the finest chef on board in this plane. I’m sure he can prepare something that can satisfy your cravings,” Tiffany avoided the friendly greeting and tried to maintain as professional as possible. But it was really tough for her, especially how her face blushed when she realized that the passenger was scrutinizing her.

 

“World’s best coffee..?” Jessica gives a shy smile before taking another sip just to prove her point. But Jessica spits it out once again, and Tiffany knows Jessica can’t stand the bitterness.

 

“You,”

 

“What are you doing here, Jessi? I thought you were supposed to be on a business trip,” Tiffany glances at her surroundings before taking the empty seat next to Jessica’s.

 

“WHAT?!” Now Tiffany was getting flustered. Did the blondie just flirt with her?

 

“But I am on a business trip,” The blonde gives a erted grin before sliding her hand up Tiffany’s thighs, higher and higher. She practically has her entire hand underneath Tiffany’s skirt.

 

“Well, I’m not sure if the chef can satisfy my cravings but I’m sure you can,” Tiffany scoffed at the blonde’s remark. And the smirk on the passenger’s face was creepy… but in a way, cute. But that was something Tiffany would never admit. Especially now when she had this lesbian confession to handle.

 

“JESSI! STOP IT! I’M WORKING NOW,” She gives a hush whisper and she practically tears Jessica’s hand off her soft skin.

 

“I’m sorry but could you have a little more respect for me? I don’t like the way you are looking at me now. This can count as ual harassment.”

 

“As am I. I’m having a very serious business discussion right now and I hope you wouldn’t interrupt me,” Jessica continues to have that stupid grin plastered on her face as she shakes her hands from Tiffany’s hold and proceeds to molest the younger girl again.

 

“Ohh really? But you’re blushing. You’re so cute, you know that?”

 

“YAH!” Tiffany pulls Jessica’s hand from underneath the uniform and hit her hard on the shoulder.

“Stop it now or you won’t be touching me for the next 3 months. I’m warning you!” Tiffany glances around once again, hoping that her immediate boss wouldn’t catch her sitting down with a passenger.

 

“I think I’ll have my colleagues serve you instead,” Tiffany tried walking away but she was held back when the blonde grabbed her wrist. Tiffany turned around to see a grinning girl.

“Don’t bother. I have my heart set on having you. And only you alone,” A wink followed right after.

 

Jessica swiftly retracts her hands but pouts and faces the window, away from Tiffany.

“Jessi…” Tiffany tries touching her shoulder but the blonde shakes it off.

 

The rest of the flight was peaceful even though there were occasional glances exchanged between the both of them, which left Tiffany rather flustered and she wasn’t clear if the main reason was because she was honoured to have an admirer or it was because her admirer was pretty. It was only when the plane landed when Tiffany became extremely bothered. It meant that she had to face the cute creepy blonde again.

 

The stewardess looks around before placing a small kiss on Jessica’s cheek.

“I’ll give you more later, okay?”

Jessica relaxed but her pout still stays.

“But I took this flight just to see you...I miss you so much..,”

 

“Thinking of me?” Tiffany snapped out of her trance when she heard a whisper in her left ear.

 

Ohhh those pouting lips, Tiffany resists the urge to kiss the life out of her, and Jessica knows it. The blonde might be older than her, but she sure does act like a kid.

“Jessica, don’t tempt me! If I get caught having with you, I will lose this job and you know that,”

 

“N-N-NO!! Wh-what made you think that way? Y-you must be crazy,” Tiffany avoided Jessica’s gaze as she pretended to take care of other matters.

 

“Then I’ll take care of you for the rest of your life. You know I can afford to do that,” Jessica juts out her lips even more.

 

“It’s funny you say that. I mean, you were practically staring at my seat just now,” The blonde walks over towards Tiffany and peeps at whatever she was trying to do.

 

Tiffany has no answer to that but instead warns Jessica again.

 

Tiffany kept silent for a comeback, but sadly, she was unable to think of one. Besides, she was disturbed by the way the passenger was staring at her.

 

“Jessi, stop pouting!” But the older girl refuses to.

 

“Stop staring!” But the blonde refuses to.

 

“Jessi…” Another threat. But Jessica still doesn’t budge.

 

“Stop it!” Tiffany warns again. She turned her head to stare back at the other girl. But the blonde seemed unfazed. After looking into her eyes, Tiffany’s gaze softened. She might sound crazy but she didn’t sense any signs of danger around the girl despite her odd and unexpected confession.

 

“Alright, alright you win,” Tiffany places a swift kiss onto Jessica’s lips before she was pulled down by Jessica for a longer one. The air stewardess struggles to break away lest someone catches-

 

“Alright, alright you win! What do you want from me?” Tiffany looked away as soon as she saw the blonde’s smirk. She was blushing again, damn it.

 

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“Tiffany?”

 

Tiffany hurriedly got up and smoothens out her uniform.

“Yes, Taeyeon?”

 

Tiffany snapped her head towards the source of the voice.

“Yes, Yoona?”

 

“What were you doing?” Taeyeon has an eyebrow lifted, clearly suspicious of Tiffany’s behavior. What kind of service requires an air stewardess to bend so low with footing so unstable?

 

“What are you still doing here? Everyone left alr- Ohhh I see you have company,” Yoona had an eyebrow lifted before switching the suspicious look with a mischievous grin.

 

“I-I was… err...”

 

“I-I wa- I was jus-”

 

 

“She was helping adjust the seat,” Jessica speaks up for Tiffany. Seeing that Taeyeon wasn’t the least convinced, she continues to praise Tiffany.

 

“She was just telling me how much she likes this job,” The blonde told Yoona and of course Yoona knew it was just bullsh!t. Realizing how awkward it would be to end the conversation just like that, Jessica added on.

 

“Miss erm- Miss Tiffany here is one of the best stewardess I have ever come across. She deserves a commendation, Miss Taeyeon. Is there any way I could let her boss know about it?”

 

“You know how you have instant connection with someone? We just clicked off the moment she served me. Right, Miss Tiffany?”

 

“I’m sure to let him know, Miss Jung,” Taeyeon looks at Jessica and back at Tiffany who refuses to look at the short girl in the eye. Despite being certain that something was up, she walks away after asking Tiffany to prepare the food.

 

“Yeah I understand. Don’t worry. Continue the conversation. I’ll make myself scarce,”Yoona continues to have that mischievous glint in her eyes and not to mention the stupid all-knowing nod that she was giving to the passenger. She even showed a thumbs up before scurrying off the plane. How dare sh- Wait. This isn’t Yoona’s fault. It was all because of-

 

Tiffany heaves a sigh of relief as Taeyeon struts towards the pantry. She turns around to glare at Jessica for being such a ert.

 

Tiffany turns back and frowned at the passenger.

 

“What? That is hardly the response I deserve. I mean, I did help you save your job,”

 

“What? I helped you! This glare doesn’t seem as appreciative as what I deserved for what I have done,”

 

Tiffany narrows her eyes even more but she knows that Jessica is hardly remorseful, judging from the smirk on her face.

 

Damn that smirk.

 

“Right…”

 

“Yeah, right,”

 

“Of course I’m right. Now go back to your work now then. You wouldn’t want Taeyeon to catch us having right? Because that is the only thing I’m going to do to you if you’re standing there all y in your uniform,”

 

“Of course I’m right. Now that your shift is over, do you want to grab lunch with me? I did miss my meal in the plane since the chef was unable to give me what I wanted,”

 

Tiffany widens her eyes as she scurries away because she knows that what Jessi says, Jessi does. And being caught the second time doesn’t seem to be an obstacle for Jessica’s erted behavior.

 

Tiffany continues to glare at the passenger before walking off without responding. The passenger widened her eyes in shock at such disregard. But it took her a few seconds to register the fact that Tiffany could be playing hard to get. She then runs after the air stewardess.

“Wait up!”

Tiffany slows her pace but doesn’t completely stop to wait for the blonde. She looks from the corner of her eye to make sure that the passenger caught up. Thinking of which, she doesn’t even know her name.

Pants were heard on her right as the older girl rested her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder for support.

“Slow down!” After catching her breath, the blonde looked up and smiled.

“The name is Jessica Jung,”

 

a/n: Just to clear things up a little bit, the past was mixed with the present situation was to emphasize the similarities and hence the title Replay (Some Things Just Don't Change). Hope that this helps you understand this story better. :)