Peeping Jessica

Beyond Words

 

Jessica curses herself for doing this. She promised she wouldn't do it again, but it seems like she was tempted. Greatly tempted. By the sweet humming, and of course, the curvaceous body.

 

She was extremely guilty and a side of her was actually convincing her to get off the wooden box. But the beautiful singing, she had no choice but to raise herself as she grabbed onto the ledge and pushed herself up. There she was again, peeking at her bathing neighbour.

 

It never happened before, Jessica the peeping tom. It was the first time, when she pushed herself up to get something from the window ledge and happened to stumble upon the most beautiful creature she had ever seen. She swore she had never seen someone so pretty before. It wasn't because she was (even though it did make a difference) but those smiles, those eyes, they were like jewels in Jessica's opinion. The kind that thieves would want to steal. Ironic as it sounds, while Jessica was admiring her neighbour, it was the latter who was stealing Jessica's heart.

 

Jessica got a little too engrossed as she tried lifting herself higher and higher without realising that she was slowly losing her footing on the box. As she continued to use the wall as her leverage, she stumbled as the box tipped over its edge.

 

Tiffany snapped her eyes open at the sound of a loud thud. She quickly washed off the remaining foam on her body before hurriedly wrapping herself with her bathrobe. She stood at the corner of her bathtub and leaned over towards the window, only to catch a small figure lying on the floor of her neighbour's toilet, rolling and groaning in pain.

 

"OH MY GOODNESS! ARE YOU OKAY?"

 

Jessica stopped her whining as she listened to the familiar voice. The sweet voice she listens to every night. She sheepishly smiled and slowly made her way to the window with her other hand over her injured arm, hoping to have a decent conversation with her favourite neighbour. It obviously wouldn't work out if she were to continue lying on the floor, crying in pain.

 

She placed the box back to its original place before standing on it so that she could meet her neighbour eye to eye.

 

"Heh, yeah I guess,"

 

"BU-BUT YOU'RE BLEEDING!"

 

The blonde removed her palm off the wound and looked down at it. She thought she felt a stinging pain initially, but the moment her neighbour appeared, she had forgotten all about it. Coming to think of it, it does hurt like a . Jessica re-cupped her wound before looking back up.

 

"I'm going over to help you with your wound! Wait there!"

 

"You don't need to!"

 

"It seems serious! I don't care, you better stay there while I grab my first aid kit!"

 

Jessica smiled at the thought of Tiffany attending to her wound. She then started to imagine Tiffany giving her stinging cut a little kiss at the end, along with a goodbye kiss on the lips. She instinctively brought her hand up to touch her lips and check for cuts (a reason for Tiffany to kiss them) before her stretched wound brought her back and she hissed at the sudden pain.  She was about to curse when she heard the doorbell ring.

 

"Coming!"

 

-

 

"Here, I hope you're feeling better now!"

 

"Thanks for helping me dress my wound,"

 

"It's okay. What are neighbours for!"

 

She knew.. that Jessica was her neighbour?

 

"You knew.. that I existed?"

 

Tiffany laughed as her eyes crinkled into an upside down smile.

 

"OF COURSE! WHAT ARE YOU ASKING! How could I not know who my neighbours are!"

 

Jessica smiled a relieved smile as the thought of Tiffany and her progressing as friends into something more entered her mind. Ohh my, she started imagining Tiffany humming and singing in their house, with the bathroom door open.. Jessica started to her lips at the seductive sight, not knowing that she was already zoning out.

 

"HEY!"

 

Jessica jerked as the voice surprised her.

 

"You were starting to dream. Sorry for scaring you like that,"

 

"Nah, it's okay,"

 

Tiffany glanced at the wall clock before exclaiming, " OH MY! It's 10.30 already! I need to get home now!" She hurriedly stood up and started packing the first aid kit. Jessica hurriedly leaned forward to help her neighbour in clearing up the mess she had caused. It didn't take much time with her help and soon, she was in front of the door, getting ready to open for Tiffany to leave.

 

"Goodnight Jessica! It was nice meeting you. I hope to see you around soon!"

 

The brunette had turned around and as she took the first step out of the door, Jessica's voice called her back.

 

"Wait!" Tiffany turned around and gave a quizzical look. She probably thought that she had left something behind.

 

"D-d-do you want to have dinner together tomorrow?"

 

Tiffany chuckled as she watched Jessica fidget with her fingers, her Jessica's stuttering and stammering but gave a sweet smile before accepting the blonde's invitation.

 

"Sure, why not?"

 

The younger girl then took another step down the stairs before looking back at Jessica and giving a shy wave.

 

"Goodnight Jessica! See you tomorrow!"

 

But Jessica could only stand there with open widely, dumbfounded by the fact that Tiffany had accepted her date in just a day of acquaintance. She remained stuck to the ground, even after Tiffany was completely out of sight. It was only when her legs started to feel weak from the weight of her body on them when she realised that she had been standing out there like a fool for the past hour.

 

"She accepted it. Tiffany accepted my invitation. TIFFANY ACCEPTED MY INVITATION!!" She stood behind the main door and started to slam her head against it, mostly out of euphoria. It wasn't the smartest thing to knock your head against the wooden door (she definitely did not want to go on a first date with a bruised head) but love makes you do irrational things. Love made her do irrational things.

 

-

 

"Jessica, why is there a small bruise on your head? Did you fall again?"

 

Jessica lifted her hands in embarrassment as she tried to cover her injury. To be honest, she had spent three hours earlier using all sorts of foundation to cover that blemish. This was probably the best out of all the others that she had used (maybe it was her being delusional: it had to be better than the bruise not being covered) , yet Tiffany could still see the visible blue black. It was also probably why everyone seemed to be looking at her on the way to the restaurant. And the cocky side of Jessica had previously thought that it was because of her stunning looks.

 

"Nevermind about that! YOU MUST BE HUNGRY! Let's order now!" Jessica tried her best to digress as she pulled the menu over and raised her hand to call for the attention of the waiters.

 

-

 

"You know, my friend told me a funny story today,"

 

Jessica turned to her side and hurriedly cleared the food in before looking back at Tiffany.

 

"What about?"

 

"She told me that she recently found out that her boyfriend was once a peeping tom,"

 

Jessica choked on her drink. She hit her chest as she coughed continuously. Tiffany quickly handed her a serviette as she apologised profusely.

 

"I'm sorry! I know that kind of freaked you out. I mean, it did kind of freak me out a little. After knowing that he fell in love with her as he was peeping at her bathe. Then I asked her if his love was purely based on lust, but she denied and I kind of agree with her. She doesn't exactly have the nicest body around.."

 

By the time Tiffany finished her story, Jessica managed to calm herself down and proceeded to sip her wine again to clear .

 

"Oh-ohh, hahah how fortunate- I mean, unfortunate of her," Jessica laughed awkwardly as she felt beads of perspiration forming at the top of her forehead.

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow at her suspicious behaviour but shrugged it off as Jessica finding a way to cover up for the previous embarrassment.

 

"But I guess she found her true love after all. They are happily engaged now! I feel so happy for her. Sometimes I wish I could find my prince charming soon, " Tiffany sighed as she stared at Jessica, who was clearly not listening to what Tiffany was saying.

 

She was distracted. Very distracted. Many questions were running through her mind.

 

What happens if Tiffany finds out that I used to peep at her?

 

Will she still love me?

 

Does she even love me?

 

Is she straight?

 

What's this date?

 

Does she accept me?

 

Will she hate me?

 

OHH MYY GO-

 

"Jessica? Are you dreaming again?"

 

Jessica snapped out of her thoughts as she found Tiffany looking at her with worry.

 

"I'm fine! Don't worry,"

 

-

 

Besides the awkward conversation about Tiffany's friend, the date went through smoothly. Except the fact that Jessica didn't know if Tiffany had thought of it as a date. It bothered her tremendously. She couldn't just suddenly confess her feelings, it would definitely be odd especially if they had only known each other for one day (technically speaking for Tiffany, but the same could not be said for Jessica since she spent the past week watching the younger girl showering). But it seems as though Tiffany was waiting for her, or maybe that was what she thought, from her gestures and awaiting stares.

 

"Isn't it good that we're neighbours? That way you need not travel far to get back to your house after sending me back,"

 

Jessica was too distracted to even realise that they were already back at their houses. She glanced up at Tiffany and found the younger girl playing with her fingers, head down: as if she was contemplating in doing something. She waited patiently for the younger girl to bid goodbye but what she received was a pleasant surprise.

 

Apparently Tiffany seemed to have taken an interest in her as she took small quick steps forward to place a small kiss on Jessica's cheek. Jessica swore she saw a blush creeping up to Tiffany cheeks as the brunette hastily took steps backwards and ran back to her house shyly.

 

The blonde stood there dumbly again, as she eyes Tiffany's figure back into the house. The Goosebumps on her skin told her that she had stood outside in the chilly night for about an hour, with her currently numb hand on her left cheek.

 

-

 

Weeks and months past, Jessica and Tiffany had became pretty inseparable. She remembers Tiffany telling her about her best friend Sooyoung complaining about how Tiffany have been spending so much time with Jessica lately that it was as if they were dating. The funny thing was that Tiffany just smiled at the comment as her face turned a little red. She didn't even bother to rebut. And it made Jessica a little more hopeful.

 

"Hey Tiff,"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"You know our neighbour, Madam Kwon?"

 

"Who is that?"

 

Jessica stared at Tiffany in disbelief. I thought she said she knew who her neighbours were?

 

 

Tiffany laughed as her eyes crinkled into an upside down smile.

 

"OF COURSE! WHAT ARE YOU ASKING! How could I not know who my neighbours are!"

 

But she genuinely didn't seem to know who Madam Kwon is. Jessica felt guilty all of a sudden. How could she be suspicious of Tiffany who seemed to have such a nice character? It wasn't as if Tiffany had done something guilty that Jessica had to judge her for it. All she did was just not know one of her neighbours, that's all!

 

Well, but she did claim that she knew all of her neighbours..

 

AHH SHUT UP YOU LITTLE DEVIL, DON'T RUIN THIS RELATIONSHIP WITH TIFFANY.

 

"Jessi? You're dreaming again! Am I boring you?"

 

"WHAT?! OF COURSE NOT! I always enjoy my time with you,"

 

Tiffany instantly lowered her head to hide her blushing face from Jessica.

 

"Awwww someone's shy!"

 

"Shut up! Stop teasing me!"

 

-

 

Jessica felt that Tiffany had given more than enough hints about her being interested. From the calls every night to the holding of hands and the physical intimacy that was obviously more than just friends, the older girl felt that it was the time to confess. And hopefully, tonight she would be lucky to not get rejected.

 

Sallying down the streets, she had her mind set on finding the perfect couple ring.

 

-

 

"Tiffany?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"I- I-"

 

"Yes?"

 

"I love you,"

 

A long and painful silence came following after. But it didn't last long as Jessica heard sobs, of happiness?

 

She continued to keep her eyes closed but had a smile plastered on her face when she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her neck, pulling her in for a long hug.

 

"You stupid stupid girl, it took you so many hints before you finally dared to act on your feelings!"

 

"But at least I did right?" Jessica pulled away from the hug and reached into her pockets to pull out a box.

 

"Be my girlfriend?"

 

Tiffany pouted as she gave a naughty reply.

 

"If you were to make me wait any longer, you wouldn't have any girlfriend now,"

 

Jessica grinned and pulled her girlfriend into another hug. She felt her collar getting drenched from the tears but it didn't matter, she liked it.

 

"Be glad that I love you so much that I decided to forgive you for making me wait, you idiot! "

 

"I love you so much too,"

 

-

 

It wasn't long after that Tiffany moved into Jessica's house. It didn't really make a difference since she constantly stayed over when Jessica refused to let her go home by pulling her back onto the bed. It was as though she lived there. And another benefit was that Jessica no longer had to hurt herself to watch Tiffany bathe. She had full authority to do so since it was her house, and having unlocked doors gave her the permission to do so.

 

Of course Tiffany didn't sell her flat away. Just in case they had any stupid arguments, she could easily go over to calm herself down before coming back to meet Jessica. But then again, it never happens since Jessica was constantly giving in to Tiffany (not that Tiffany was complaining one bit) and that was why she was considering selling her house away.

 

-

 

 "Jessi!"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I've been wanting to ask you but it keeps slipping my mind,"

 

"What is it, Honey?"

 

"Why is there a wooden box in the toilet?"

 

Jessica looked up from whatever she was doing and gave a guilty grin. Tiffany definitely did not like how Jessica was smiling. It was deceitful, mischievous and lusty.

 

"Promise me you wouldn't get angry with me when I tell you the truth?"

 

As much as Tiffany did not want to agree to such terms and conditions, she had to, otherwise she would never find out what that dirty secret was. She decided that she would pretend to accept those conditions and then blow her top later.

 

"I-I-I sort of watched you bathe all these while,"

 

Jessica closed her eyes, getting ready for Tiffany's scream of fury. But it didn't come.

 

 

 

The blonde peeled her eyes open as she noticed Tiffany smiling from her spot. She saw the similar mischievous looking glint in Tiffany's eyes as she sauntered over closer towards Jessica.  The younger girl stood close to her as she felt her arm rub against the brunette's honey thighs. A whisper in her ear that sent blood rushing down, the sliding finger down her torso that let Jessica shivering.

 

"It's funny, because I used to peep at you too,"