An Expected Morning

Beyond Words

Tiffany remembers how she dreamt of her future when she was younger. Like how she would wake up early in the morning snuggling in her boyfriend's embrace, then going down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the both of them. A walk at the park was a must after breakfast. They would hold hands, stroll down the pathway and talk about anything that comes into their minds. Typical lovebirds.

-

But everything went haywire as she got older.

First things first, she couldn't cook: it wasn't cooking when everything she placed in the oven became charred and bitter. So she starts envisioning her future in another way, where her boyfriend cooks for her instead. And she smiles.

-

But she frowns when she didn't get a boyfriend. She had a girlfriend, a grumpy and one at that. Tiffany couldn't understand why her heart had such bad taste - why it only chooses to thump quickly at the sight of this mean and cold blonde.

Unlike what she imagined, she doesn't wake up to the smiles and kisses of her boyfriend, but instead wakes up to groans and whines of her girlfriend as she pries Jessica's head off her bare chest. When she succeeds in doing so, she would reach over to the chair to get her bathrobe before everything gets stripped off again in the bathroom - the doing of Jessica Jung.

"Honey, I'm hungry,"

It was only later in the morning when they finally got to eat breakfast. Not at home of course. Tiffany never once thought that there would be someone worse than her in the kitchen - that was until Jessica appeared in her life: that girl was a chef's greatest enemy. Not wanting to kill someone by accident or get killed by Jessica for that matter, she would then dress up and pull her reluctant girlfriend along to a nearby cafe owned by her friend, Sunny.

-

A walk in the park? Jessica was much too lazy for that. And Tiffany sighs again. After breakfast, Jessica would be the one dragging Tiffany home and up the stairs, onto the bed. The timings are all wrong, she thinks, as Jessica showers her with kisses and whispers sweet nothings into her ears. She likes it, no doubt, but thinks about how different her day starts in her head in comparison to reality.

"Honey, I love you,"

Tiffany smiles as she pulls Jessica closer to herself and kisses her on the lips.

"I love you too Jessi,"

Yes, it was different. But she prefers it this way - nothing beats spending time with your loved one in any way at all.



"WAIT JESSI! WE JUST DID IT!"