Big Sinner

Beyond Words

 

There is a fine line between sisterly love between friends and lesbian love between... well, lesbians. And it only becomes a sin when the relationship crosses that fine line into something darker, something also known as homouality.

It had never occurred to her that she was already way past the point until she came across a devotional story in the night. The first person that ran through her head was Jessica.

Jessica is a beauti- Wait. Stop.

Jessica was her best friend in high school, college and still is presently. No doubt they were really different in character, they clicked well. Tiffany’s strengths were Jessica’s weaknesses and Jessica’s strengths were Tiffany’s weaknesses. They complimented each other so well, that when things got really bad during school days, there were actually rumours about the both of them being a couple.

It was a joke to them then. They would laugh at all the ridiculous stories that were made up; including the stories about moans being heard in the ladies which were apparently heard by the students, and supposedly teachers as well. But, really; they couldn’t, and wouldn’t like each other. They were practically sisters and it would be like if they were to date: much to Tiffany’s dismay now.

They were intimate and it wasn’t really a big deal. They occasionally kissed, and it was somewhat like a custom that Americans had …right? At least that was what Tiffany wanted to believe. She brushed away the tingling sensation in her stomach whenever they pulled apart and simply dismissed it as a side effect of the alcohol. But soon enough, and not unexpectedly, she finds herself unwillingly to break the kisses with the older girl.

Oh my God, she thinks, I am one big, BIG sinner.

And I just sinned again for using God’s name in vain, DAMN IT.

 

“A penny for your thoughts,”

Tiffany jolted in surprise when she heard the familiar voice. She lifts her head to see Jessica entering the house.

“It’s you,”

“Of course, it’s me. Were you expecting someone else?”

Tiffany rolls her eyes at Jessica’s obvious statement.

“Obviously not,” She watches Jessica struggles with the strap on her shoes before continuing, “You’re late. Where were you?”

“I was on a date with Donghae. I thought you knew?”

“Ohh..”

It took all of Tiffany’s willpower to not burst out crying but instead force out a smile.

“What’s wrong with you? You look as though someone killed your family. And what’s with that fake smile?”

“What a nice thing to say to me the moment you enter,” Tiffany’s expression changed completely to a deadpan one.

“I’m your best friend. There is no need to sugar coat my words. We’re honest with each other,”

Funny, Tiffany thinks. The only thing she was not being was honest. She had been lying to both herself and Jessica, refusing to believe that she has fallen in love with that cold, y blonde. And to think Jessica was the one reminding her how best friends should actually behave.

Well, some things are just not meant to be spilt, and some truths can cause more troubles.

“Whatever, I’m going to bed now. I got tired waiting for you,” Tiffany falls back onto the bed as she hears Jessica ping her dress and some shuffling of clothes, indicating that she has her pyjamas on now.

She feels the bed dip when Jessica got on and a soft kiss on her cheek.

“Goodnight Tiffany,”

Tiffany stares at the ceiling as she hears Jessica’s soft snores. She clasps her hands together and closed her eyes for a long prayer.

Dear God, I have sinned again when I thought of all the dirty thoughts about Jessica and I. Please forgive me and give me the strength I need to fight the temptations. These are sins and help me to get over my feelings for her.

The brunette hesitates for a while, but finally continued.

Please help me to understand why homouality is wrong, enlighten me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.