DAY 4 Are we really going for adventure?

Such an Adventure

June 15th, 2017. 15:52 KST

 

The kids were lucky when Junmyeon decided to bring them to actual campsite, not the backyard. Junmyeon was not that cruel to kill the kids’ excitement. But it was not an actual jungle tho. The two adults were not ready to face the wild with all kids under the age of 10. The campsite was at a rural area, about 2 hours from their neighbourhood. It was an open field surrounded with trees which situated at the end of a village. Yes, it was near a real jungle but not really in a jungle. If something happened they could still run and find help with just about 1 kilometer speed running. And plus, there were a small river there. It was a bonus right? Junmyeon thought that was the closest place to the nature he was willing to bring the kids.

 

Two hours journey seemed to take longer as it was. With the location only to be found from internet searching and addition of mess from the kids, they only arrived there at late evening. Truth to be told, going for a trip with kids was a hardship. The excitement only lasted for 5 minutes after the engine was started. And then,  throughout the journey, all sort of commotions exploded in the small compact area of the car. Like usual, the start of all fuss would start from a certain puppy. His non-stopped question of “are we there yet?” nearly threw Junmyeon off the edge. Junmyeon thought the donkey from Shrek movie had possessed the little kid at that time. It took a lot of deep breath and calming down session to keep the adults’ nerve in check.

 

After being bored of waiting, the youngest of the triplet decided that it was okay to seek fun in annoying the youngest of the family. Well, first it was all giggling when Chanyeol tickled him, but after sometime, it got annoying and Sehun started screaming and crying. But that did not stopped the tickling until the youngest decided to bite his brother’s hand, hard, with all teeth. Chanyeol screamed and pushed the youngest making him thrashing in his seat and crying for some more. Junmyeon sighed. They shouldn't go for this trip tho. It took some time to calm the maknae. As he was in the front seat and could not take the action, Junmyeon leave the task to Luhan. Being a good hyung, he took revenge in term of hitting Chanyeol square in the head for disturbing Sehun in the first place. Pouting and frowning, Chanyeol moved to sit beside his eldset the brother, leaning his head on the latter’s shoulder. His frown subside when Minseok’s began rubbing the pain spot to sooth it.

 

Did not want to leave behind, Jongdae also contribute to the commotions by screaming at the walking dead in Junmyeon’s tab. It was not even that scary with all blood and brains. It was just Plant vs Zombie. But his screaming was like he was in a real war with a real gun. Was the game was that intense? (Oh well, it is.)

 

Thirty minutes after, Jongin began to fuss, saying he was hungry. That made them stop at a rest area. Having some light snacks but big bucket of fried chicken for the said hungry boy, they spent another thirty minutes at the stop. And they kind of lost Jongdae there when he decided to follow a stranger, saying she looked like their mom. Luckily the woman managed to bring him back before Junmyeon and Kris started to scream around. But the kid managed to make the two adults stop breathing tho.

 

All the kids trotted to the toilet before they started again except for the three youngest who were wearing diapers and Kyungsoo who refused to go as he said he did not felt one. The toilet trip left with exhausted Kris who needed to take care of the kids one after another, and a wet Baekhyun. The kid “accidentally” turned the pipe to maximum and not just wet himself but the whole cubicle. Kris thought Baekhyun was actually old enough to take of himself and that was why he let him go alone. But yeah. Kris was completely wrong. He should know that tho.

 

Another 20 minutes to rummage their things in the back of the car to find a dry clean tee for the wet Baekhyun, the car began accelerating down the road. But not before Junmyeon stuffed them with snacks and drinks he bought from the convenience shop to stop the kids from fussing again. It could last till tomorrow he thought. The idea of surviving trip already lost its concept tho.

 

But again, not even managed to get out of the rest area, Kyungsoo scrambled to the front seat and said he wanted to pee. And he was in hurry. His whining and fussing completely made the two adults panicked. Kris reversed the car in speed, lucky there were not many cars. Junmyeon grabbed Kyungsoo as soon as Kris stepped on the brake and ran like his life was on stake. Wet kid (again) and wet seat were never a good idea. Kris leaned his head on the headrest, taking a deep breath to calm himself.











 

That was until Yixing, Jongdae and Chanyeol said they wanted to pee again with empty bottles of drink Junmyeon bought laying on the floor of the car.










 

Kris closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. Could they even managed to arrive there before dark?










 

And more importantly, could they even succeed camping with all of these chaos?