DAY BEFORE ALL

Such an Adventure

A/N: Before all, I want to clarify the kids' age so that it's not confusing.

Luhan and Minseok: 7

Yixing: 5

Baekhyun, Jongdae, Chanyeol: 4

Kyungsoo, Zitao: 3

Jongin, Sehun: 2

Note: Luhan, Yixing and Zitao were adopted.

 

 

 

 

June 4th, 2017. 08:25 KST
 

College was a place where anyone, mostly everyone, wanted to stay out of it. Not all but mostly. And a freaking tall, blond-haired boy who was walking down the hall to his first class for the day was one of them. Kris hated college. No. Not college. Classes. He disgusted them, especially the very early in the morning. To say that Kris was a popular student was not an understatement. Everywhere he went, there were a bunch of fangirls googling for him. Who could take their eyes off the model-like student. Even though Kris was popular, he did not have a lot of friends. His principal was simple. Why should he have a bunch of fake friends taking advantage of him while he had a true one. One was enough. And that one was running to him right now, with his short legs. Pfttt. Don’t tell him about that.

"Junm-.." without having a chance to finish his greeting, the latter dashed past him. Kris furrowed his brows with the latter's treatment. Shrugging, he continued walking to the lecture hall. Before he could take a step, someone dashed from behind, knocking him on the shoulder. He stumbled a few steps forward. Luckily his face did not meet the floor. Before he could let out a string of profanities, he noticed the same familiar silhouette. He ran past their supposed lecture hall before turning back and dashed in. What's wrong with that kid? Kris thought.

Kris walked into the hall. Noticing his friend was standing on his way with his confused face, he draped his long arm across the latter's shoulder, locked him under his grip and dragged him to their usual seats. He needed a guide. Kris pushed the smaller boy to his seat before sitting down on his.


"Where's Mr. Han?" Junmyeon asked. "It’s still early. Why should he enter now?" Kris answered. Junmyeon lifted his right arm and looked at his watch. He frowned. Junmyeon then fished his phone out of his pocket. He stared at the device, the furrow deepened. "Kris, give me your phone." Without objection, Kris took out his phone and tossed it to his friend. Whatever as long as he’s happy. Unlocking Kris' phone, Junmyeon stared at the device before letting out a loud damn. Junmyeon then threw it on the desk. Before it could slip down to the floor, Kris quickly grabbed it, it a few times, checking whether his precious was hurting or something.

"Yah! I know you’re rich. If you want to throw, throw your own. Not mine. I buy it with my own money okay. My preciousss" Kris nagged.

"You’re rich too. You can buy a new one." Junmyeon took his phone back, checking the phone while muttering something between what Kris could hear as Bacon and brats.
"Correction. My father is rich. Me no no. By the way, what is wrong with you? Did you take the wrong vitamin again?" Kris asked.

Junmyeon laid his head on the desk, attempting to get his sleep back. "Me? I got to babysit last night." Junmyeon paused, recalling his memories. He straightened himself and put his phone on the desk. He then grabbed Kris' phone forcefully from his grip and put it next to his. He pushed the home button of both phones. He signaled Kris to look at them. Both phones shone.

"What do you want me to look at?- Ohh…" The clock displayed on the home page. Kris' phone showed 8.30 a.m. while Junmyeon was on 9.45 a.m. Their class should be at 9 a.m.

Kris looked at his friend. The tiredness and sleepy look. The rush. Put those pieces together, he smirked. "Jongdae got your phone again?"

"It's his brother, Baekhyun. He stole my phone last night. Then he got my watch. I thought the triplets were just playing it. Those monsters." Junmyeon gritted his teeth. He set his watch and phone settings back to normal.

"No one forces you to babysit them. You’re the one who volunteers."

Junmyeon sighed. "They might not be very handful but they’re still cute though. Besides, poor kids. Their parents are busy. I gotta do what I have to do."

The family was Junmyeon's neighbor. A family of twelve. The couple had 7 children, but still they adopted 3 more. The children were all under the age of 10. Their mom was the one who was responsible to take care of the children at home. She was a housewife but she was also an owner of a prestigious company. Her husband was the CEO of the company. The woman was taking care of the children but sometimes when the company needed her existence, she paid someone to babysit them. Last night was one of the times and Junmyeon was the victim. Don’t get wrong. Junmyeon loved the kid. He loved to babysit them. The children were angels. But some of them were angels in disguise.

"I love them. Besides this summer break I have to--" Junmyeon paused as he remembered something. He stared at Kris before his lips curled into a wide grin.

Kris did not like that look of his friend. That crescent eyes. That wide mischievous grin. That look which Junmyeon always put in when he wanted something from Kris. Kris hated it.

 

 

11:39 KST


“NO!” Kris shouted. He slammed shut his locker and walked away from his best friend. Junmyeon frowned. He quickly ran towards the giant.


“Why?Help me please~,” Junmyeon pleaded but Kris ignored him. He would not do that crazy thing. Period!


“Please, Kris. Please, please, please. Do you want me to die?” Junmyeon seemed so desperate now.


Kris abruptly stopped. He stared at the latter. 1 second… 20 seconds… 30 seconds… 45 seconds… 60 seconds…


Junmyeon gulped the build-up lump in his throat. “W- w-w-hat?’ He stuttered.


“No. No. No. No. And yes.” Kris pressed each word and immediately walked away.


“Aish.” Junmyeon ran again. Even Kris was just walking, but his steps were wider and faster than him. No need to say, he needed to run to match their steps.


Junmyeon grabbed Kris’ arm to stop him. “Yah. Listen to me first,” Junmyeon pleaded.


“You got 10 seconds.”


“15?”
 

“8.”


“Fine. Geez. The kids do not have anyone to watch them except me. Their parents need to go out of the country. Just for a week, we need to take care of them. We just need to make sure they eat, they sleep and they are still alive for the next 7 days after their parents leave. They’re angels, I promise you. Besides, I already agree. Please~” Junmyeon pouted, trying to put on his bestest aegyo face.


Kris scoffed. From the way you tell me the story about them, they are nothing near to be angels.
“Please put away your aegyo. It’s not cute. It’s creepy. And infinitely weird. For the request, only YOU agree. Not me, so can you please excuse me.” Kris pushed the latter’s hand from his arm.


“You want me to take care of 10 kids alone? You’re cruel!” Junmyeon shouted but Kris just walked away, ignoring him the best he could.

 

Additional A/N:  The first chapter. I'm sorry if it didnt meet your expectation. I'll work harder.