DAY 6 Sick Kris and his new loyal companion

Such an Adventure

June 17th, 2017. 05:00 KST

 

Junmyeon woke up with a grumble. He heard something. He checked the time on his phone. It was too early, still dark. He poke his head out of his blanket and squinted his eyes. Silence. His ears tried to catch for any sound. Was that from the baby monitor? Sehun was awake? Nope. Nothing was heard. He thought to get back to sleep and carry on with his dream before he heard another whimper. It was near. He tried to get up from the bed to check on it but something was holding him down. There was heavy weight on top of him. Junmyeon had to struggle crawling out of the blanket and push that weight. He huffed loudly when he succeed, only to find that his friend who was supposed to be at the other side of the bed, was laying right next to him. Kris was still deep asleep but there was a deep frown on his face, cold sweat trickled down from his forehead. Junmyeon sat up straight and looked at the latter. He kicked him, softly, to signal him to move from his side. When that friend of his did not respond, Junmyeon repeatedly kicked him on his shin together with pulling his pillow from under his head. After a few moments, he managed to wake that sleepy head. Annoyed with the movements, Kris pulled him down and hugged the smaller together with the blanket, successfully pinning him down to the bed. He caged the smaller tightly so that he could not move.

 

It took a quite long moment for Junmyeon to wriggle his way out considering Kris was a giant. He was ready to scold his friend when he met with the latter’s scrunched face only a few inches from his face. Kris was back to sleep but it seemed like it was not a good sleep at all. He was frowning and sweating and his breathing was shaky but fast. Junmyeon pulled out his hand and put it on Kris’ forehead. He grimaced when he felt the temperature.

 

“You have fever,” he whispered while wiping down the sweat. “Kris?” The only respond he had was a grumble from the latter. He further hid his head on Junmyeon’s crook of neck and tightening the hug. Junmyeon shrieked from the force.

 

Junmyeon stared at the moving fan. They really need to do something with the fever. But first, he had to get out of this. Gathering all his power, he pushed his friend all the way and got out of the bed. Kris whined loudly from the lost of body heat. “Where are you going?” His voice became hoarse and his eyes were blurry. He grumbled when the said friend ignored him, walking out of the room and left him alone.

 

Kris felt so cold. He was supposed to feel the heat from the fever but he was really really cold. Kris rolled himself with blankets, his and Junmyeon’s, and formed a human burrito, trying to preserve the heat. He tried to gain back his sleep to bare with his pounding head. It seemed like he had a full package of cold because of the rain. Kris sighed.

 

It seemed like forever since he got back to sleep when he felt a cold sensation on his forehead. He shivered, cracking his heavy eyes. Junmyeon was there at the bedside, placing a damp cloth on Kris’ forehead. “Cold.” He coughed.

 

“We have to do this or your temperature will rise. Get up.”

 

Junmyeon helped the latter to sit and gave him his medicine. He babbled to him to keep drinking the whole glass of water for him to stay hydrated. With his blurry mind, Kris just did whatever he was instructed.

 

Kris sank down the bed. Junmyeon placed the damp cloth back onto his forehead. The medicine seemed to have a very early effect. He felt a bit better, his head did not pound as hard as before but he felt very drowsy. He rolled to his side. “Sleep.” Kris barely heard what Junmyeon said. He was deep in his sleep, sighing in relief when he felt the heat from the blanket Junmyeon used to tuck him.


 

0956 KST

 

Kris cracked his eyes. He felt like he was sleeping for a long time but it was not a satisfying sleep at all. He could hear he was whimpering in his sleep. It was a habit from his childhood. He whimpered a lot when he was sick and teared up a lot. Junmyeon told him he was like a baby when he was sick and he would argue that he was not and firmly stated that it was all because of the sickness. But sometimes he thought maybe he was but still he could not shake that bad habit down till right now. Kris did not get sick a lot, Junmyeon did, but once Kris got sick, it would be awful. Like now. His body was all aching from the top to all the way down.

 

His stomach was growling for food but he did not have any appetite right now. He looked at the bedside table. There was a bottle of water and a plastic bag full of medicine. It seemed like Junmyeon got them from the pharmacy this morning despite he needed to take care of an army of children. Kris smirked. Junmyeon complained a lot but he knew he cared. He knew he loved him anyway. Feeling a bumbly of happiness, he grabbed the bottle and gulped the water down.

 

He put the bottle down and rolled on the bed. It felt weird. He did not hear the chaos from the children this morning. Or was him too lost in his sleep? Sighing, he felt a bit lonely without the noise.

 

The door cracked open, revealing Junmyeon with a tray of food and drink with, of course, Sehun on tow. The kid was his thumb, just following wherever Junmyeon went.

 

“Get up. Eat this. Finish it all.” Like a good son following a mom’s instruction, he got up and sat straight. He then helped a struggling Sehun up onto the bed. Once on the bed, the kid sat next to him and just stared at him, looking at him like a weird clown. That was weird. Sehun never be that close to him before.

 

He got a bowl of porridge from Junmyeon. He never was a fan of mushy food but it seemed like he was left with no choice. With shaky hands, he fed himself.

 

After a few spoon, he heard a chuckle. “You want me to feed you?” Kris looked at his friend and pouted. He hands were all shaky like after he was doing an intense workout. The bowl was threatening to fall out from his hold. There were a lot of food spilled out of the spoon more than they got into his mouth. He frowned.

 

Junmyeon took the bowl from him and fed his friend. “You are either an old man or a baby.” Kris frowned at the comment but happily opened his mouth for the food. Kris swore he heard Sehun giggled but he was too happy to be spoon fed to really notify it.


 

1030 KST

 

After a bowl of porridge, a bottle of water, a cup of cough syrup, a handful (really exaggerative) of cold medicine and another babble from Junmyeon, Kris laid back on the bed. Junmyeon was back downstairs, he had to handle some loud noise from the kids he left alone. They knew they could not leave the kids for a long while, unsupervised.

 

Kris blinked his eyes. The effect of the med caught him again. He was dozing off when he heard a rustle beside him. Oh.


 

1203 KST

 

Junmyeon plopped down on the couch. He succeeded in calming a tantrum Zitao who fight with his fellow brother, Jongin for his favorite panda and he succeeded in making quick lunch for all of the kids in a record time. Lunch was rather peaceful even when he was short in hand without Kris. The kids were all in good mood to never start a fight. Now they were in the living room, playing charade. The two older boys were in charge to act while the others guessed. The words were on the TV as Junmyeon connected it with his iPad.The guessing kids with their backs away from the big screen, were facing Junmyeon and the ‘actors’. Junmyeon snorted. He could see all their eager faces. With cookies on the line for every right answer, each of them were with burning spirits to win especially for the three beagles, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae. The three kids could not stay still and remained standing while the others were on the floor, kept shouting their names even when they did not know the answer. He caught Chanyeol cheated as he turned to see the words on TV when he thought no one saw him, several times but Junmyeon let it go.



 

Or maybe not. He made a mental note to deduct Chanyeol’s cookies later.


 

Junmyeon was in charge for the guessing words, he typed the word and it appeared on the screen for Minseok and Luhan to try act it out. He laughed when looking at their puzzled faces on how to act for ants. Pranking the kids would never not funny.

 

Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were all jumpy to answer while Yixing and Kyungsoo calmly guessed the words. It was more Yixing’s right answers than the three fussy kids’. They made more chaos rather than answering it right. Meanwhile, Zitao and Jongin were laying down, the milks from their respective bottles. They did not eat a lot during lunch so Junmyeon opted to make them their milk.

 

Junmyeon was waiting for the right answer when he realized something. Why their numbers had become small? He counted them all, from the jumping Chanyeol to already sleepy Jongin. Why he was short with one? He counted them again and again before realizing.

 

Oh.

 

“Hyung, hurry up!” Minseok fussed when Junmyeon did not change the word after Yixing had succeeded guessing it again but Junmyeon barely heard him. “Where is Sehun?” The kid shrugged his shoulder. They did not even realize Sehun was not there since they were having their lunch. Junmyeon looked at the row of kids facing him, all with their puzzled faces.

 

Oh no. Not again.

 

Without wasting a second he ran off searching for the little kid, leaving all the remaining confused kid. He could not be outside. Of course. Sehun was still small. And the adults already took precaution to double locks all the doors where the kids could not reach them. Junmyeon went for a frantic search to all rooms downstairs before heading upstairs. He searched all the kids’ rooms and even the forbidden room of their parents but no sign of Sehun.

 

It felt like deja vu. It was happening again. Junmyeon felt traumatized. He thought to never accept any offer for babysitting anymore. He wanted to cry. But before that, he bursted into his and Kris shared room.


 

1435 KST

 

Kris was having a good dream of spending time at a really beautiful beach when he heard a loud sound followed by someone harshly shaking him.

 

“Kris, wake up. I don't care you are sick or not. Help me find Sehun please.” He heard his friend shaky voice but barely registered the words with his still blank mind.

 

“Who?” Kris’ voice was hoarse from sleep and cold he was having. Kris turned his back to face his friend, slightly lifting the blanket away.

 

“Se-- WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?” Junmyeon screamed when he saw the said person he was searching for was peacefully snuggling with Kris under the blanket. The kid was still sleeping even with the fuss from the nearly-loss-his-mind adult.

 

“You left him here.” Kris calmly retorted

 

 

 



 

Back to 1030 KST

 

Kris’ eyes met someone. After a moment of silently staring at each other, the kid then laid down next to him. This was unexpected. Kris shuffled, reaching his left arm out. Upon seeing the opportunity, the kid scouted closer, right into his arm. He patted Kris’ chest like how his mommy did to him when he was sleepy. Kris pulled the heavy blanket to cover them both. Time passed. Without they realized, they both drifted into peaceful slumber.


 

 

1530 KST

 

Junmyeon woke Sehun up for his food and kept mumbling apologize for forgetting him. He took a still sleepy Sehun downstairs and fed him. Kris also went downstairs after taking his shower. He felt slightly better. He thought to stay away from the bed as kept laying down make him more sick. He eat with Sehun and went to watch cartoon series at the living room after that. The kids screamed in joy when they saw him after half a day. All of them plopped on the couches and some laying on the floor but one kid remained sat on his lap since the beginning. The said kid was his thumb after his full stomach.

 

To avoid spreading the sickness, Kris was trying hard not to cough or sneeze. He told Sehun to stay away from him as he did not want the kid to get his cold but the kid refused to off. He sighed but proud. It seemed like the kid already opened up to him. He smiled but then frowned.

 

Why now when they was left with only a day together?


 

1630 KST

 

Junmyeon baked the cookies he promised when they were playing charade, only allowed Kyungsoo and Yixing in the kitchen to help him. If he allowed more then they would create a chaos rather than a tray of cookies. Kris was laying down on the floor with the three youngests sleeping, two on his both sides while one, you know who, nuzzling his chest. Even though he was lying down, he kept his eyes open and kept the remaining kids on his watch. Luhan and Minseok were playing only-they-knew-what-it-was on the couch and dragged little Jongdae with them while the other two of the triplet were making cards for Kris as he was sick because of them. Thoughtful kids. Beautiful cards with too colorful drawing were made for Kris but also with unidentified words on it. Kris told them to translate it for him as it was a bit hard to understand with their really advanced curly writing. Chanyeol translated them as they were sorry and they hoped he would get well soon. There were three stick figures at the edge of Chanyeol’s card, one was really really tall with other two short figures on its both sides, probably holding hands as they seemed connected. Chanyeol told him it was Kris with him and Baekhyun. Kris chuckled and ruffled their fluffy hair. He told them it’s okay but sternly told them to never do it again. The kids held up their pinky for that.

 

Kris felt a bit weird. He and Chanyeol both drenched, maybe he was a bit more, by the rain but why he was the only one who got sick? The kid was energetic since morning. No sign of sickness. When he asked his friend he only got You are old from him. Kris frowned at that.

 

The cookies were done after a while. At first, Junmyeon was sternly distributing the cookies according their marks and deducted Chanyeol’s for cheating. It was left with Yixing with a full plates of cookies and Chanyeol with just one. Chanyeol let out his full power of pouting and puppy eyes for Junmyeon to comply and of course Junmyeon could not resist him. No one could.

 

A/N: After watching EXO ladder and Coffee friends, i concluded Oh Sehun is still a baby.and everyone loves to baby this baby >.<

Oh.and in this story, a 4 years old Chanyeol can read simple words XDD