DAY 5 Honey~

Such an Adventure

June 16th, 2017 10:10 KST

 

Breakfast was finished. And now the kids scattered around the area, playing and trying to find something that was interesting in their eyes. Like sticks or rocks or worms or something. Kid’s mind. Kris did not that understand in that aspect. Junmyeon was gone to take Jongdae and Chanyeol for pee break. There was no toilet so trees and bushes should work. Meanwhile, Kris kept an eye on the rest of the kids. Jongin was with him but not Sehun. That kid was certainly glued to Junmyeon. He did not even let Kris carried him at all.

 

There was a group of elderly who just arrived at the stop. They rested near the place where Kris was with Jongin sat. Noticing the group of elderly was eyeing him, Kris bowed a little in respect, Jongin was on his lap, playing with the strap of his backpack.

 

“Your kid?” One of the old ladies asked him, smiling warmly at the kid on his lap.

 

“Eh? N-No. It’s-”

 

“I want water.” Kyungsoo out of nowhere ran to him, sweating from playing tag with his brothers.

 

“Oh. This one too?”

 

Before Kris could answer the question, the remaining kids swarmed around him, demanding and fussing over water and food even when they knew nothing left from their breakfast before. Kris’ attention was distracted with the kids, barely heard what the old ladies was gossiping about him.

 

“Omo. So young yet he’s already has so many children.”

“So cute.”

“Aigo. I hope my children also like this, give me more grandchildren. But they always said they are too busy and all.”

 

The gossiping ladies turned into background noise to Kris as he currently was too busy separating Baekhyun and Luhan from scratching each other faces while calming a weeping Jongin. Earlier Baekhyun snatched Kris’ backpack from his older brother’s grasp which he snatched from Jongin and that was how all hell break loose.

 

“All of them are so cute. How old are you?”

 

“Umm. I’m-- 24?” Kris picked up little Jongin from the chaos of his brothers snatching the empty backpack from each other. There was no fight just yelling. As long as they did not get into physical, that was fine. The kids could manage their little issue by their own, he thought.

 

He calmed the little kid in his arm. Poor Jongin stuck in the middle of the fight.

 

“You’re so young but have so many kids. When did you get married? Aigoo. Poor your wife.” The women broke into laugh while Kris dumbfoundedly stood there.

 

Wait. What?

 

“Actuall--”

 

“Kris, let’s go home. We kind of having a situation now.” And again, Kris was interrupted. Junmyeon walked towards them with Sehun in his arm and other two kids following him from behind. The kids were cheering loudly when reuniting with their brothers like they were seperated for days. But they did actually taking a lot of time. Kris wonder whether they already left to pee at home. Why they were taking so long? Why his friend was panting like he was in marathon? And why Chanyeol was--? Kris’ train of thought suddenly interrupted by loud gasps and murmurs. Switching his attention back to the elderly, the women were whispering to each other, pointing their fingers at him. Well, not him, behind him where Junmyeon was busy handling the kids and prepared to climbed down.

 

“Umm--- I don't know that you are--umm.”

 

I am?

 

Kris looked behind him and looked back at the women. They were still eyeing him. And Junmyeon. With the kids.

 

Oh

 

 

 

 






 

“Yeobo, let’s get down.” Slightly increasing his tone so that the women heard him, Kris broke into sly smile, snatching his backpack from Junmyeon which he managed to get it back from the two bickering kids. “Let’s go home kids.” And by that, a loud cheer erupted and the kids zoomed past them, leaving the pair of two adults and their youngest brothers. “Yeobo, let’s go.” Still wearing his evil smile, he took Junmyeon’s empty hand into his. He quickly dragged him out of the place so that the women would not see Junmyeon’s freak out face. He purposely swinging their intertwined hands like a happy couple but clasping hard when Junmyeon was struggling to pull his hand out. The women still whispering at each other while their eyes were still on them.

 

This is fun.

 

 

 

11:15 KST

 

When the women were out of their sight, Kris broke into a loud laugh, slightly startling sleeping Jongin in his arm. Only slightly. Because the kid went back to his dream not even a minute after.

 

“Are you crazy?”

 

“What? I’m just messing with them. Did you see their face? Their eyes looked like they popped out when I called you yeobo.” Kris wiped the tear at the corner of his eyes. He clearly had so much fun.

 

“Well yeobo. They’d already gone. Can you please let me go?” Kris glanced down at their still intertwined hands. And immediately let go. 

 

Junmyeon was rubbing his red hand due to too much pulling at the site before. The kids were out in front of them, calmly climbing down while talking about their superheroes and cartoon watchlist. Kris looked at the kids. Something was weird.

 

“Do I need to know why Chanyeol was ?” He asked the later. “He is not . Only half.” Junmyeon let out an awkward laugh. Yes. Chanyeol was half , with his tee and only underwear. He was way in front of them, running while stretching out his arms and shouting I am superman.

 

“Do I need to know why is Chanyeol is half ?”

 

“Well.. I might be accidently poured water on his pants.” Junmyeon mumbled.

 

Kris scoffed. “So it is your fault this time. Not the kid.”

 

“Am not. I was startle because Jongdae scared me.” Junmyeon argued. Pouting and mumbling how Jongdae out of nowhere scared him while he was busy pouring the water out of the bottle so that Chanyeol could wash his hands. Long explanation. Yes.

 

“Still your fault.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.”

 

And the bickering continued until they arrived at the camping site.

 

 

 

 15:30 KST

 

There was silence in the car. They were on their way back home. Kris was left alone to drive while the other occupants were already knocked out. Arriving back at the camping site, they let the kids played at the nearby river with Kris on the watch while Junmyeon packed their things. They left after having a bunch of takes out for their lunch. Playing in the water successfully draining the kids’ energy. All of them were knocked out and so thus his supposedly trusted assistant pilot, leaving only Kris to drive.