DAY 7 It's Party Time !

Such an Adventure

June 18th, 2017. 07:00 KST

 

Today was the last day. Tomorrow the kids’ parents would come home so the two adults decided they wanted to all out for the day. They planned to do whatever the kids wanted to do and got whatever they wanted to eat. It was sure would be a lot of fun but still someone had to suffer. The two adults played rock-scissors-paper to determine whose card would take the honour to be sacrificed.

 

They woke up the kids and all of them were excited when they heard they would having a party tonight. Junmyeon decided not to cook today. Their breakfast were noodle soup from nearby restaurant. He told Kris to ran at early morning for it. It was popular and people had to be in line every morning. Kris took an hour standing in line for it and fought with several old men who wanted to cut the line and another hour for the food to get ready. He gave his friend a hard glare as soon as the door was opened but Junmyeon just grinned at him.

 

After having breakfast, they let the kids ran at the backyard. Junmyeon also brought Byul to play with them. The puppy was playing chase with the kids and playfully gnawed their hem of pants when he caught them. They played until it was hot. At noon, Kris called them in for lunch. They ordered Jajangmyeon. It was delicious and the kids totally loved them, and of course the adults too, but it was a hardship to clean them up after the meal. Their faces were all smeared with the sauce. Another shower for the day.

 

They were all gathered at the living room after shower. Junmyeon sat on the couch with pen and paper in his hand. Junmyeon and his plan. Kris snorted.

 

“Okay kids. For tonight, we will decide what to eat. What do you want to eat?” Junmyeon beamed. Kris swore Junmyeon’s excitement was more than the kids’.

 

A series of suggestions was heard. The kids were shouting and jumping while raising their hand for their choice to be picked up.

 

“Candy!” Baekhyun loudly suggested.

 

“No Baekhyun. Next.”

 

“Cotton candy?”

 

“No.”

 

“Corn candy. It’s my favorite.” Baekhyun was eagerly suggesting it, jumping up and down the floor.

 

“No Baekhyun. We can’t have candies for dinner.” The kid pouted at that statement. He plopped down next to Yiding and jutting out his lips.

 

“Chicken!” Jongin shouted. His face lit with excitement.

 

“Of course. We can have that. Oh. Pizza also would be nice.” Junmyeon jotted it down. The kids cheered at the suggestions. Who would not love those two?

 

“We can have a cake too. Donuts? Dunkin donuts sounds so nice. And drinks. But you guys can’t have a lot of sweet drink.” Junmyeon blabbered to himself. The kids already got boring with the meeting so they spreaded out to play, leaving the adults alone.

 

“We have to go to supermarket. You or me?” Junmyeon asked. Kris answered by pointing at the latter. He felt so lazy to walk right now.

 

“Okay!” Junmyeon jumped off the couch and headed to their room to get dress. Kris was sure for now. Junmyeon definitely more excited than the kids.


 

1600 KST

 

Junmyeon got back at home with Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol after 2 hours, holding two full bags in his arms. Each of the kids also had a bag, dragging them into the house. The bags threatened to fall down from his grasp so Junmyeon hurried down to the kitchen. He huffed when he succeeded getting them on the dining table without spilling anything. Kris walked to him with the bags the triplet left at the hallway. “Wow. You certainly had a lot of fun spending my money, don't you?” Kris glared at his friend. The latter just grinned at him. He took out the things he bought out of the bags. He got them all, what the kids wanted, from snacks to heavy meals, and also what he wanted. Spending money on food was really fun, especially when it was not your own money.

 

“If I get bankrupt, I’ll drag you down with me.” Junmyeon made a face at the warning. All bark but no bite. “Come on. Let's get this ready-- No! Put it back. Those tarts are mine!” He shrieked when he saw Kris opened of a small yellow box. There were only 4 blueberry cheese tarts in there and he wanted to eat them later, when all the kids were all asleep. He gasped when the latter picked one up and held it to his mouth.

 

“No. Don’t you dare.” Junmyeon ran to him but Kris already munching it down when he got to him. Junmyeon snatched the box back and sadly looked at the leftover. He glared to his friend when the latter had finished gulping his precious tart. Did he know how hard he had to trick the three kids to buy this thing unnoticed.

 

“It’s literally from my money.” Kris childishly sticked out his tongue. “I’ll go prepare these balloons with the kids while you’re sulking. Tidy those things up when you stop sulking” The man walked out the kitchen with two plastic bags of balloons that Junmyeon bought. Oh how Junmyeon really wanted a pair of laser eyes to shoot at his friend right now.


 

1745 KST

 

Preparing for the party was hell a work. The kids all did not know how to blow the balloon so it left with Kris to blow them up alone. After thirty, he plopped down on the floor, gasping for air. The kids demanded more and his friend left him alone to suffer, saying he was busy with something else. Kris knew it was a lie.

 

While waiting for the adult to finish, the kids found something else to do. Minseok found another way to play with the balloon. He filled it with water and started a water fight with his brothers. Sensing it would be a catastrophic if it was played in the living room, Junmyeon told them to play at the backyard. The kids were having a lot of fun throwing the water balloons and Junmyeon also joined the fun, leaving only Kris to do the party preparation.

 

The day started to dark and all the kids were all wet including Junmyeon. “Okay. All of you head back inside. I have to throw away these mess.” He bent down to pick up the smashed balloons, all over the backyard.

 

The kids ran inside. “Kris-- Wow, So many balloon!” Luhan excitedly claimed. The floor of the living room was all covered up with balloons right now. The kids were all excited throwing them up and jumping around. Yes, Kris succeeded blew all of them, with the help of air pump which Junmyeon bought earlier but did not give it to him. Luckily, after balloon number 35, Kris decided to go to the kitchen to get a drink and noticed the said thing on the cabinet. A petty revenge from his friend, Kris rolled his eyes.

 

“You are all wet! Where is Junmyeon hyung?”

 

“Junmyeon hyung told me to tell you to get us towel. And give us shower.” The kid told him.

 

“All of you? Okay. But for now, stay here. I need to get your clothes and towels. Don’t move.” Of course, the kids did not listen. They were more excited playing with the balloons rather than heard him right now.

 

Kris sighed. He told the kids to get inside the bathroom while he got their pjs. By now, all the floor were wet, from the backyard door to the living room and all the way to the bathroom. Another work for the adult.

 

The bathroom was big enough to fit all of them. The two oldests were sharing the shower booth with Kyungsoo while the triplets and Yixing were in the tub. Kris used the pipe outside of the tub to shower Sehun and Jongin. It was all stuffy but they managed. Kris took a deep relieving breath after he succeeded drying up and dressing the kids number 9 and 10.

 

He headed out of the bathroom after cleaning it up. He also needed a shower. But he needed to mopped the floor first. Where was his friend? He grumbled.

 

Once he was at the living room, he found it was all tidied up, no wet floor and food were all set up on the table. Oh. His friend was not all cruel.

 

Maybe three quarter cruel?

 

The kids surrounded the dining table. It was filled with food. Junmyeon told them to wait for Kris. The said person hurried up to have a very quick shower. Not only the kids’ stomach were growling, his too.

 

1920 KST

 

Their dinner was splendid. The stomachs were humming happily by now. The adults cleaned up the trash. They were all in food coma for a while before Junmyeon played their favorite songs on the home theater. Excitedly, the kids sang, or should i said screaming, while dancing, or more likely jumping up and down, along the songs. The adults were a little worried the kids might throw up their dinner, but, they had fun.






 

 



 

But it was all stopped when Junmyeon’s mother knocked on the door to tell the adults to shut it down.


 

2106 KST

 

It was time to bed. But tonight they decided to sleep at the living room, all of them. Kris brought a mountain of fantons and blankets, of course together with their favorite pillows and stuffed animals. They decided to watch a movie before sleep, and was undecided between the new Despicable Me or the new The Incredibles. The kids were okay with both, along with Baekhyun who already watch the movie before. “Okay then. Mr. Incredible it is.” Junmyeon pushed the play button on the remote.

 

Everyone was laying down and got into their comfortable positions. As there were so many human beings, the futons long spread across the living room from the entrance of the hallway to the living room till the end wall. Junmyeon got to be at the farthest end near the hallway while Kris was at the other end near the backyard door. The kids insisted them to be there to act as barriers from ghosts and monsters.

 

The kids were in between the adults. Baekhyun and Jongdae were laying on their stomach looking up at the screen,and of course what his hyungs did Chanyeol did it too. The three maknaes were with their bottles, already spacing out. It was not going to be long till the kids drifted to their dreamlands. It was surprising tonight Sehun insisted to stay next to Kris instead of Junmyeon. Kris gently patted the baby maknae, putting him to sleep. Tonight Kris took care of Sehun. Junmyeon silently cheered for that.


 

2311KST

 

The end credit played at the screen, only the theme song was heard, echoed through the already silence house. All the kids were already knocked down, snoring softly and sleeping in various positions. Some were in very weird positions. Junmyeon got up and sneaked closer to nearby Baekhyun, the kid who was still laying on his stomach with his face smashed on the futons and mouth slightly hanging opened. His blanket was nowhere to be found. The kid seemed to still slept comfortably even with Jongdae halfway crushing him with his feet on his back. Junmyeon picked up the kids and made them laying properly on their pillows. The kids whined a little by the sudden move but let out a soft sigh when Junmyeon covered them with blanket. Baekhyun let out his infamous puppy whine before he relaxed and snuggled with the warm blanket.

 

“Kris, turn off the TV.” Junmyeon told his friend at the other end, eyes already bleary with sleepiness. He lied back on the futon and patted the nearest kid which was Chanyeol. Fun fact, you know, when you patted a kid, it did not just lulled the kid, it lulled you too.

 

Junmyeon closed his eyes to welcome his dream. His mind was wandering aimlessly, slightly thought about what he had to do tomorrow, when the kids’ parents would come home and other things. They said they would be there by the evening so he thought they had enough time to clean the mess in this house. He nodded to himself.

 

The dark house was silence, only filled with little snores.









 

And the theme song of The Incredibles 2.









 

And it was getting annoying.




 

Junmyeon sat up and looked at the screen. Why the screen was still on? It was back to the beginning, the song was played repeatedly, the characters were looking at him like they were mocking him and the word play was ready to be clicked. Junmyeon turned to look at the person who was supposed to turn off the television, only to find the said person was in deep sleep, his long limbs stretched out like a starfish. The remote was laying untouched near his head.

 

Junmyeon huffed. He had to crawl all the way to the end, got through obstacles of sleeping kids to get the remote. He harshly got onto his still sleeping friend to get the said thing. A grunt escaped his mouth due to sudden heavy weight but Kris did not wake up. Such a heavy sleeper, Junmyeon thought. He turned off the screen. Now he had to go through a long way back to his place. Junmyeon sighed.

 

As soon as he got back to his place,successfully avoiding the sleeping kids, he dropped his head onto the pillow and checked his phone for the last time. Junmyeon smiled at his most recent picture in his gallery.

 

I’ll get my tart back. Junmyeon grinned. He then put his phone away and turn to sleep with smile still on his face.












 

Somewhere inside Junmyeon’s phone memory there was a picture of Kris, still deep in sleep with his wide opened mouth and Sehun’s empty bottle inside his mouth. Drool clearly could be seen in the picture.

 

Another perfect blackmail picture.

 

Junmyeon saw the chance and Junmyeon definitely grabbed it.

 

 

 

A/N: I make Junmyeon bullied Kris a lot in this story didnt I? >.<