DAY 2 Shopping Chaos

Such an Adventure

June 13th, 2017. 10:13 KST

 

“Kris.” Junmyeon called. “Hmm…” Kris was on the couch, lying while watching the kids played. It was like a kindergarten. The kids had built a tunnel out of the dining chairs, crawling through it one by one. Adding with the all blankets existed in the house and some pillows here and there, they were building a fort to fight a giant baozi monster a.k.a their oldest brother. Even the youngest was excited with the game.       

"We have a problem," Junmyeon said with his serious face. "We sure have. That is really a serious problem. Who gonna clean those things later? Let's do rock-scissors-paper." Kris sat up from his position, ready for the game. "What- I am not talking bout that. Besides, you are the one who gonna clean all that," Junmyeon ignored the loud protest from the latter. "The food depleted in a drastic decline, Kris. The refrigerator is almost empty. We not gonna survive for the whole week, " Junmyeon said. Kris frowned. Are we going to have a zombie apocalypse? Why this midget was talking so seriously and scientifically like that. "Then go to supermarket and restock it." Kris was lying back on the couch. "And bring all the minions with you," he added.

Before Junmyeon got to argue, he was surprised by a sudden weight on his lap. "Argh- Help me hyung. I am gonna die. Give me food. I don't have any energy to stand up anymore, hyung," Minseok was lying on Junmyeon's lap. He was drenched with sweat and his voice was a little bit rough due to continuously screaming for being a monster. Junmyeon smiled. "Sure. Let's have lunch outside today. After that we gonna have some grocery shopping. Tell your brothers to get ready." "Really, hyung?" Minseok beamed. His face was lit with excitement. Junmyeon nodded. The kid immediately ran to his brothers to tell the exciting news. It had been a day they were trapped in the house. They deserved to get some sunlight after all. Junmyeon thought. He got up from couch to get the kids ready. But seeing his friend was still lying on the couch, sleeping even though there were loud screamings from the kids, made Junmyeon frowned. But then, he grinned. "Jongdae, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, can you come here for a moment," he shouted. Hurry steps sounded. In a short moment, three little soldiers stood in front of him. Junmyeon gathered the  kids and whispered something. "At any cost?" Baekhyun asked him. "At any cost." Junmyeon smiled and patted their heads. He went to pick the younger kids who were still trapped in the fort. He took Sehun and Jongin in his hands while instructed Kyungsoo and Tao to follow him. The older kids could manage to get cloth by themselves. He grinned wider as he heard the loud screaming from a certain someone, telling the three beagle kids to stop jumping on his stomach.

 

 

11:45 KST


All of the occupants of the mini van were excited throughout their trip to the supermarket except for one person. The said blonde was still groaning due to his now bruised abdomen. Having three kids jumping on your stomach was not a pleasant event after all. The little devils had no mercy at all.

 

They arrived at the supermarket in a short time. After unbuckling the kids and recited a long list of rules of do's and don't's, Junmyeon led the kids to the entrance. Walking behind the kids, Kris made sure all the kids were in his sight. And also the incoming cars. His heart almost jumped out when Chanyeol almost got hit as he was eager to chase his brothers who were way in front of them. Luckily Kris managed to pulled the kid in time.


Their lunch was peaceful. Well quite peaceful according to Junmyeon. Nothing really bad happened. Just some noises here and there, quarreling over food. One plate was broken courtesy of Zitao. Whole glass of orange juice was spilled onto Luhan "accidentally" by Jongdae. The triplet's faces were covered with spaghetti sauce, not forget to mention some were stucked on their hair too. Their little maknae was screaming out of his lungs for Junmyeon when Kris held him for awhile to allow Junmyeon to clean up Luhan. Well. Except from that, everything went well. For now.

Junmyeon was in charge of cleaning up the four messy kids with Sehun clinging on his back while Kris took care of the others. Their table was a mess. Terrible mess. But not like Kris care. The restaurant worker would take care of that.

Kris was in the middle of stuffing his mouth with his lunch when suddenly his eyes met Jongin's. "What you eat?" The kid asked with his limited words. Before Kris could answered him, the little boy climbed up the table and crawled to him. "Chicken!" Kris sweared Jongin's face lit up like he had found the love of his life. He picked one piece of the fried chicken and offered it to the kid. The little kid chewed it happily. After he finished, the little kid grabbed the whole plate of chicken into his lap and munching them down to his stomach. Kris tried to snatched it back but received a sharp glare from the little kid.


There's go his lunch. Kris sighed.

Junmyeon came back with the kids. They were a bit cleaner than before. It was acceptable. They gathered all the kids. Everyone had finished their food including Jongin who swallowed down all the chicken within seconds.

"I don't think this gonna work," Junmyeon strapped the two youngest in the baby carriers at the back and in front of him. Sehun silently stayed in his but it was harder for Jongin. The little kid made a little ruckus but Junmyeon managed to make him stay put with Kris' help.

"Can you take them to the indoor playground? I'll take this two and Tao. And oh. Kyungsoo too. He can help me." Junmyeon took a mental note, counting each of the kid.

"No. Not fair. Why you take only the good ones and leave me the ba-- erm.. not good ones?"

"Fine then. I'll take Minseok and Luhan too. Tschh."

"B-b-but."

"No but mister. Take a good care of them. Don't ever ever ever let them out of your sight. If something happen to them, i will slaughter you and give your meat to Byul. Understand?" Junmyeon instructed the latter.

Kris was shivering. Sure that Byul, Junmyeon's little dog would not eat him, but knowing his friend, it was not impossible it was gonna happen. At least maybe Junmyeon would drown him in Han river. At least.

They gathered all the kids and separated to their own destination. Sighing and lazily shuffling his long legs, Kris took the other excited kids to the playground. Maybe it was not that bad. There were just 4 kids. Yixing, Jongdae..oh. and Chanyeol..and Baekhyun.

​​​​​

 

13:23 KST


This is bad. This is bad. This is really bad. Kris kept chanting the phrase in his mind.

He could not even sit still for even a minute. He felt anxious to even blink his eyes. In just 15 minutes, Baekhyun managed to get in fight with two little girls who were much younger than him for toys that Kris was sure they were for girls. Luckily he managed to grab the little Baekhyun before he could smack one of the girls. And Chanyeol. Kris thought his eardrums were gonna burst with all his screamings. Kris could feel the other parents' glare on him. And the workers too. Kris tried to shut the kid by palming his mouth but all he got was a red throbbing bitten mark after that. And Jongdae. That kid could not stop jumping in the place where they put many balls in there. What is it called? Oh whatever. It was not the problem. The real problem is the little kid had marked the place as his throne. And he prevented all other kids from entering the place. He growled, screamed, chase and even bit whoever came near. Kris mentally cursed. How can he control this bunch of kids. And where the heck his midget friend when he needed help. And oh Yixing. Well that kid was an angel. He quietly sat at the reading section, flipping some picture books. And he was good enough to tell stories to a little toddler. Well one little toddler led to another. And that's end up with three little toddler sat quietly around him, listening to the story of ogre, monster and bears.

Kris silently thanked God for cutting off one of his problems. But he also prayed for Junmyeon to come and rescue him fast. He hoped he could still stay sane and would not join Chanyeol with his screaming.