DAY 2 Dumpling Challenge

Such an Adventure

June 13th, 2017. 13:34 KST

 

On the other side of the supermarket, Junmyeon was taking his sweet time to do the grocery shopping. Pushing his cart with Zitao sat in it, Jongin and Sehun were drooling in their baby carriers. And he got three little minions trailing behind him. Kyungsoo was in the middle, holding hands tightly with Luhan on the right and Minseok on his left. Sometimes, Junmyeon would instruct Luhan or Minseok or both to fetch some things for him. Well they were old enough to take care of themselves. And moreover, it saved some time.

He gave the two kids a list of things and told them to get all of the things in 15 minutes. The two kids rushed out to every aisle to find the things, thinking the assignment was like some sort of treasure hunt. Junmyeon's instructions to not run and stay close to each other and don't talk to strangers were left hanging in the air. The kids were already out of his sight before he could finish talking.

Junmyeon continued the shopping. Zitao was all behaved today. He sat silently, playing with his mini car, and sometimes randomly asked Junmyeon for the things that caught his eyes.

"Hyung, what we gonna eat for dinner?" He heard little voice from under the cart. He nearly jumped out of shock. Mentally cursed at himself, how can he forget Kyungsoo was there all along.

"Kyungsoo, do you feel tired? Wanna sit down in the cart too?" Junmyeon asked the little kid.

"No." He simply answered.

Junmyeon continued pushing the cart after instructing the kid to stay close to him.

"Hyunggg..I'm asking you just now." He whined after being ignored by the older.

"What's the question?"

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. How could this hyung  memory worst than his old grandmother?

"Ah. Dinner? I don't know. What do you want to eat? Pizza?"

"Don't wanna. Can we make dumplings? We love dumplings," Kyungsoo beamed.

Junmyeon was a little hesitant. It was not that his cooking was bad. But it was not good either. But at least he could cook simple dish. But it was a chinese dish here we were talking about. It was not that dumpling was a hard dish. But he did not know how to make it. See now. There were so many but-s here.

Sensing the older's conflicts, Kyungsoo tugged his pants. "Don't worry hyung. I know how to make it. I had seen how mommy make it before."

Junmyeon was not sure that by seeing other people's cooking could make you a master of that dish. And plus, the one who talked here was just a three-nearly-turned-to-four years old kid.

But right then, he realized. How could he forget his good-for-nothing friend was a Chinese. Every Chinese know how to make dumplings right?

 

15:02 KST


Arriving home after almost 2 hours in the supermarket, they got home with most of the kids were sleeping. Except for the two youngest who were already taking their nap and the two oldest who were actually sleepy but refused to sleep. They said they were grown up. Grown up did not need their afternoon nap. They said. But upon arriving home, the two oldest were already snoring on the couch in the living room.

After tucking all the kids on the beds and letting the two youngest played with their toys on their high chairs, the two friends sorted out the grocery they bought in the kitchen.

"Kris, you know how to make dumplings?" Junmyeon asked while sorting the food in the fridge.

"No." Kris reached the higher cupboard, putting the canned food in it. Junmyeon could never reach that level anyway.

"But you are Chinese."

"Then?" Kris halted his action. Confuse was all in his face right now.

"Every Chinese know how to make dumplings." Junmyeon stated. He was already taking out his head out of the fridge and facing the latter. And so thus Kris.

"Where did you get that theory from, Kim Junmyeon?"

"Well, every Chinese I met know how to make dumplings. So why not you?"

Kris wanted to laugh at his friend's statement. How many Chinese that he met actually. "FYI, the Chinese you met before were only me and my mother. Of course my mother knows how to make it. But i don't. So, let's get it straight now. Why you wanna make dumplings anyway?"

"Well then we were in trouble. I already promised Kyungsoo that we were having dumplings for dinner tonight." Junmyeon plopped himself on the dining chair. While watching Sehun and Jongin played by themselves, his mind was wandering thinking the solution of how to deal with Kyungsoo's request.

Kris stopped sorting the grocery and sat at the dining table facing his friend. "Just order pizza. It is safer for you, for the kids and more importantly for me. We do not wanna risk any food poisoning, do we? Besides, I am sure the kid already forget bout the dumplings."

Junmyeon considered the plan. They absolutely could not risk to be hospitalized now. But...

"Hyung, when we are going to make dinner?" A little voice was heard from under the dining table, surprising the two oldest. Junmyeon nearly shouted out of shock. While the adults were taking their time to recover, Sehun and Jongin just laughed at them. Their faces were hilarious for sure.

Kyungsoo crawled out from under the table, revealing himself to the adults. "Can we start now?" His face beamed with excitement.

 

 

18:59 KST


With the help of Kris' mother from across the sea, google, youtube and even from Kyungsoo, they managed to finish the dish. Surprisingly, Kyungsoo did help a lot. The shapes were crook, but it was tasty and more importantly it was edible for human. Sure they heard some questions like what it this from the kids. But after tasting it, the complaints died by its own.

Dinner passed and it was time for cleaning the messy kitchen. It was not just full of plates and pots, the floor and the wall too had become their victim. Eventually, they managed to clean the mess. After tucking all the kids,  which was a little bit easier as they were still tired from the visit to the supermarket, the two adults plopped themselves on the bed. Not even many minutes passed, they already completely shutted down from the world. Even loud snores echoed through the wall that night.

 

 

 

 


But they completely stopped after Junmyeon kicked out the culprit from the bed.